Not Liking Modern Architecture Apparently Makes You Alt-Right

Not Liking Modern Architecture Apparently Makes You Alt-Right

>Favoring traditional art and critiquing modern architecture is apparently enough to make one a member of the alt-right, according to a Monday article.

>Likening its critique of modernism and defense of traditional art to a defense of “white European culture,” Amanda Kolson Hurley conflates InfoWars and the National Rifle Association (NRA) with the alt-right in aneditorialentitled “Why Is the Alt-Right So Angry About Architecture?”

>“The aesthetic judgment in the NRA’s one-minute ad is implicit, almost subliminal, whereas InfoWars launches a full-bore attack,” states Hurley. “But both bear the same message about modern architecture: It is the province of the liberal urban elite, and that it stands for oppression.”

youtu.be/GapUEKYLE1o

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/not-liking-modern-architecture-apparently-makes-you-alt-right/
citylab.com/design/2017/07/why-is-the-alt-right-so-angry-about-architecture/532470/
archive.fo/SCKNS
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtu.be/-6irRrtObMM?list=PLt3Pke412qVfwUbqMb3WeNRUbhKsTVKp7
nationalpost.com/g00/news/london-skyscrapers-deathray-reflection-is-melting-cars-burning-businesses-but-also-cooking-eggs/wcm/24595eeb-d765-460b-86b4-9d4ad57e4e29?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.ca/
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/the-jews-who-designed-the-american-home/372208/
archive.is/AZigl
youtube.com/watch?v=WK_jkPhrddc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/not-liking-modern-architecture-apparently-makes-you-alt-right/

archive in 5.. 4... 3..

Why Is the Alt-Right So Angry About Architecture?

>Decrying what it sees as a war on white European culture, the alt-right movement calls out the people it believes stand opposed to freedom: feminists, antifascists, “cucks,” “SJWs” (social justice warriors), and President Trump’sTwitter-foeRosie O’Donnell. Now you can add architects to the list.

>On June 30, the far-right website Infowars posted a 15-minute-long video titled “Why modern architecture SUCKS.” This foray into design criticsim by Infowars—better known for pushing the ludicrous Pizzagate conspiracy and for host Alex Jones’ insistence that the Sandy Hook massacre was faked—comes on the heels of another video that turns well-known works of architecture into symbols of liberal decadence. I’m referring to the National Rifle Association’s“clenched fist” ad, which critics have called “chilling” and “an open call to violence.”

>The aesthetic judgment in the NRA’s one-minute ad is implicit, almost subliminal, whereas InfoWars launches a full-bore attack. But both bear the same message about modern architecture: It is the province of the liberal urban elite, and that it stands for oppression.

does nordbro not want to give Tucker money?

citylab.com/design/2017/07/why-is-the-alt-right-so-angry-about-architecture/532470/

nordic archive in 5... 4...

Link to NRA ad?

Why didn't you just archive it then. That's the point.

I understand but complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

dunno.. i cant archive it from phone.

>the alt-right is real and info wars is the alt right
man these people are terrible "journalists"

He's not a bot.

OUR PATIENCE HAS ITS LIMITS

archive.fo/SCKNS

>Not Liking Modern Architecture Apparently Makes You Alt-Right
>on a board of people who do not like modern architecture and are alt-right

It's true that you should have an understanding of art that's independent of your political beliefs.

Nothing is worse than people who say "modern art is shit", but never really cared about art in the first place.

They are right. Modern architecture is decadent. If you could summon the great minds of the past all together in a room and pick their brains, they would be disgusted by modern aesthetics.

If you picked the brain of kids and average people and ask them what they thought of modern aesthetics, they too would be disgusted.

These people are writing these articles to themselves and their friends. They just preach to the choir. They never reach out to anybody outside their "group". AJ is right, it does suck, and you are not a fascist for having common sense.

It is real, info wars aren't alt-right though.

If anyone is interested in art and the history that generated it, and for understanding what it says about society, I recommend this piece by Roger Scruton and the BBC series Civilisation. If I were a history teacher I'd make this shit mandatory.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

youtu.be/-6irRrtObMM?list=PLt3Pke412qVfwUbqMb3WeNRUbhKsTVKp7

Neo-Classical, Colonial, Georgian, and Neo-Colonial architecture is objectively superior; Prove me wrong!

Honestly the most triggering part about that video was
>A survey was done to see what type of homes people wanted to live in, 80% said houses, 2% said apartments, so the government forced apartments on us
This shit pisses me off to no end. My definition might be broadening out of rage but this is fucking treasonous behaviour, these politicians aren't working for the people. It's happening again with immigration too.

thanks user, i liek the vid..

thanks i am on phone cant archive

did someone said neo classic?

>Modern architecture is decadent.
this makes no sense you moron. modern art and architecture is sterile and homogenized, every building is a glass box with minor variations so they're cheaper to build. if a building is popular it gets copied across the world because there is no innovation. there is no care put into the construction either, and craftsmen have mostly disappeared. try finding a modern building with hand carved stone ornamentation, it does not exist anymore.

One problem I do have with Scruton is he talks about beauty too absolutely. One of the biggest problems with classical art is it became too formulaic with its imagery of absolute, ideal beauty. For centuries the Vatican-approved artists were expected to base everything on ideal shapes and figures, and it divorced art from the real world to the point where people found it just as alienating as modern literal-pile-of-shit is today.

Yes, there is decadent architecture. Please stop being mentally retarded. And yes the sterile minimalist shit is decadent too.

modern architecture is possibly one of the most degenerate aspects of our society. no long do they honor god or holiness and aspire, but rather push us into shoeboxes. i loathe modern architecture with a fucking passion and you should too. it's soulless filth that rubs off on the psyche and well being of the nation.

That looks like a gay cake not a building. Kids are fucking stupid these days.

Decadent doesn't capture what makes modern architecture so disinteresting. It's that its completely divorced from human proportion and need. You have these absurd spherical buildings and glass spiderwebs, that are pure concept and are completely impractical for regular use, or you have the brutally utilitarian commieblock buildings that aren't even really utilitarian because its' hard to be useful when you're jumping out the window to get away from how ugly it is.

You need to marry utility and design.

oy vey be a good goy and live in your gay cake house. enjoy your african inspired color schemes too and consider yourself blacked, goy.

Modern architecture is pretty much the opposite of 'decadent', please use words properly

gothic cathedrals are 1000x more decadent than any modern architecture

The problem with modern architecture isn't decadence, its the fact that it is absolutely indistinguishable. You can look at one modern building and be utterly incapable of telling where in the world it is, what culture produced it, or what feelings it is supposed to inspire. Modern architecture produces buildings that are interchangeable cogs, at home in any sterile, homogenized modern city. It is architecture without context, stripped of all meaning, and no matter how many fun colors they splash on it, it will always seem hollow, sterile, imposing and alien to everyone everywhere. It is the worst of all worlds.

Oh I totally agree. I was summing shit up in a word of disgust, but yes you said it better than me.

Sad part is this is all we have left. Either drab and sullen minimalism or histrionic psycho confetti.

Feeling very Howard Roarke right about now.

>infowars
>far-right

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHVAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHVAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAVAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am talking decadent not in an aesthetic sense, but in a morally and culturally bankrupt sense. You know exactly what I meant when i said what I said. I know what you are trying to say about the Gothic style being decadent with it's flying buttresses and lofty vaults, but when I look at the Gothic style, I never felt a notion of it being decadent. Listen dude I am not an Art critic or historian. I am posting on a silly political board. I can use what words I want when I want. Why is everybody so bitchy today?

>It's true that you should have an understanding of art that's independent of your political beliefs.
Impossible when the CIA has been toying with the populations perception of art for decades.

> You know exactly what I meant when I said that

No, I didn't, because I'm not psychic.

Actually a better word for modern architecture would be "degenerate." I know it's been overused here so that it's just a common insult for people who do gross things, but the actual definition of "degenerate" captures very well what has happened to architecture.

Really? The fuck is this?!? The fortress of solitude but midway thru a stroke? What in aesthetic Valhalla is this??

Yes that is a better word to use.

it's cancer

As far as I'm concerned, they have gone too far.
When they hang in the street, I wish to be in attendance.
They want to take everything we have: our race, our culture, our art, and everything else atop. How can they do this with a straight face?

dailycaller are /ourguys/

>phoneposting
Please die.

Modern architecture is all shit. There are no exceptions.

Next they'll be saying you're alt-right if you like German cars.

There's no such thing as alt-right god damnit.

That's almost as bad as this bloated zit we have here in Budapest.

>He's not a bot.
Yeah sure he's not. Able to find a link archive it and post in less than 20s. Totally not a bot.

Alt right= taste and class

Modern architecture's sole purpose is to make white people miserable and move out of cities so they can further flood them with third worlders

it's all about white replacement

>literally a jew nose protruding from the ground

what is this thing?
ech

Keep telling yourself that.

>how dare white people like their own architecture and culture. RACISTS.

People really are this dumb and basically plaster all over that they just hate 1. White people. 2. White Culture 3. White consciousness.

>Nothing is worse than people who say "modern art is shit", but never really cared about art in the first place.
Are they worse than the people who produce degenerate modern art?

That is correct, if you like anything pre 2017, then you are Alt-Right. Welcome!

Yes, because they create the environment that allows the elite art community to act like a persecuted minority and paint the entire conflict as between the educated, tasteful, noble creators striving ahead despite the hordes of ignorant philistines who just hate creativity. People who hate or don't care about art are justifying degenerate modern art by their sheer existence.

Modernism was a reaction against the decadence of your beloved Baroque and Neoclassical styles. The fact that you guys confuse Modern with contemporary is laughable. Le Corbusier would mock your shit.

“I will not subscribe to the argument that ornament increases the pleasure of the life of a cultivated person, or the argument which covers itself with the words: “But if the ornament is beautiful! ...” To me, and to all the cultivated people, ornament does not increase the pleasures of life. If I want to eat a piece of gingerbread I will choose one that is completely plain and not a piece which represents a baby in arms of a horserider, a piece which is covered over and over with decoration. The man of the fifteenth century would not understand me. But modern people will. The supporter of ornament believes that the urge for simplicity is equivalent to self-denial. No, dear professor from the College of Applied Arts, I am not denying myself! To me, it tastes better this way.”
― Adolf Loos, Ornament and Crime: Selected Essays

There isn't a very significant difference between modern and contemporary. And you're right, anything influenced by Versailles is usually gaudy and just as stifling as a giant glass spiral. But the key thing missing from all these flawed styles is elegance, that sense of proportion that informs how a person feels while in that space.

Utilitas, firmitas and venustas, niggers.

Modern cities are depressing.

Indeed.

Prairie Style was Modern and comfy.

Modern architecture and art are both kike tricks.

>Ornament and Crime
Ornament reduces crime, cf. the broken window principle.

>Le Corbusier would mock your shit.
I think we can all mock concrete bunkers.

Modern art is literally just for money laundering

I can feel the building in the background staring at it in absolute contempt.

Art has been money laundering since the fucking Medici family though.

No, ornamentation is crime. It is degenerate, monarchist and shit for maintenance. Simplified, clean lines help everyone achieve their best.

>Not Liking Modern Architecture Apparently Makes You Alt-Right
OK, at least I'm not a jew

>reduce everything to rude concrete monstrosities
>crime goes up
wooooooooooow

>Simplified, clean lines help everyone achieve their best.
Yeah, the same with communism right?

Western culture intersected by hostile alien geometric forms. Invasion of the jewish ethnic supremacists

>Western culture intersected by hostile alien geometric forms.
How this pic related for hostile, really fits in with the nieghbourhood

Because we have good taste.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Art Deco.

Modern architects are the most disgusting subhumans on Earth.
I'd like to say they should be burned alive in the ovens they design, but those ovens most likely wouldn't be functional, since they'd use glass as the main material.

Art Deco was basically the last glimpse we got of what architecture could have been.

Even then, the rot had settled in. A lot of the art deco famous buildings are beautiful, but many more, lesser-known art deco buildings already looked pretty sterile.

It's a way of saying to other jews, "We own these people. We own their culture, right down to their architecture. This ugly promenade signifies our dominance over them, for they would never allow us to build such monstrosities if they had power and control".

Jewish architecture (And that's what all of this is) is a dogwhistle to other jews.

Pictured: Non-jewish architecture.

More specifically, you can immediately tell that this is Japanese architecture. It is a distinct representation of Japanese history, culture, and psyche.

Art Deco was following traditional shapes, lines and decorations. Everything went to shit with Bauhaus.
Ironically, the only traditionalist form of architecture was Stalinism

>Nothing is worse than people who say "modern art is shit", but never really cared about art in the first place.

Bullshit. I'm no art history major, but I definitely know the difference between beauty and ugliness. I choose beauty.

>you should have an understanding of art that's independent of your political beliefs

Impossible. It is directly connected. If you value beauty, then of course you will support politics that create beauty. If (((you))) value ugliness, then of course you will support politics that create ugliness.

>they should be burned alive in the ovens they design
>since they'd use glass as the main material.
They have already tried it
>London skyscraper's 'deathray' reflection is melting cars, burning businesses, but also cooking eggs
nationalpost.com/g00/news/london-skyscrapers-deathray-reflection-is-melting-cars-burning-businesses-but-also-cooking-eggs/wcm/24595eeb-d765-460b-86b4-9d4ad57e4e29?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.ca/

Ever since WWII, architects only designed buildings that are parasitic to the environment or to other traditionalist buildings.
The way I see, modernist architecture was pushed back after 1989 in Eastern/Central Europe, while in Western Europe, the spread of this cancerous form only accelerated.

This image is a perfect example of what I talk about in about jewish architecture being a form of jewish dominance over aryan culture.

You'd be surprised how many people around here would just say that all art is a waste of time and society shouldn't support people who just want to paint all day.

Prairie Style is one of the unique American styles of architecture -- and one of my favorites. Though, I am a Wright fanboy.

We have gone from making bridges that function, to making bridges that cost a mint and can't even take one winter season, just like the cunts that designed them

>repeating the same mistakes over and over again, while expecting a different outcome
The Disney Concert Hall also became a mini Death Star.

>Alt-Right
A convenient label drummed up to herd a group of people that initially proved too diverse and slippery to attack in the media.

Good on them for convincing dumbasses to adopt that fabricated label of their own free will.

saved

Modern architecture was designed by Jews to push out the classic western style. They admit it outright:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/06/the-jews-who-designed-the-american-home/372208/

>unarchived shill
archive.is/AZigl

boston city hall

youtube.com/watch?v=WK_jkPhrddc

I should know better by now

>Infowars
>Alt-Right
>Pretending Alex Jones still denies Sandy Hook
>Writing a vapid 22 paragraph rebuttal to an opinion piece
Modern Journalism is as bad as Modern Architecture.

Isn't art meant to create an ideal for man to strive towards?

I fucking hate my city hall. The only thing worse is Cambridge city hall. It has a pride flag and a black lives matter banner on it

Art Deco.

This building was made by Franco's goverment.
The repetitive structures of the upper right were made by the modern democratic Spain.