The following is an accurate historical account of the War of 1812

The following is an accurate historical account of the War of 1812

>Summer of 1812
>Napoleon had conquered most of Europe and the UK alone held out
>Napoleon forces all European countries to cut trade with the UK
>Things were looking bad
>UK responds with a blockade of France
>USA continues to trade with France despite this
>UK stowaways are using US ships to sell valuable information to France and to carry out espionage work in general
>UK is too predisposed to do much to stop US activities
>Jefferson uses the stops and searches conducted by UK vessels on US ships as a pretense for invasion
>Cut-throat opportunists in the US see this as a chance to fulfill a bloodthirsty ambition of continental conquest known as manifest destiny
>The Americans quickly reach York (Toronto) and burn it to the ground
>After the element of surprise had worn off they are driven back out of British North America
>The Iroquois natives come through clutch for the British colonies
>The motherland sends NOTHING in the way of reinforcements to the colonies, instead sending more units to Wellington fighting in Spain
>1813
>Detroit has fallen to the British
>So has Fort Niagara
>10 invasions in total have been repelled
>After Napoleon's failure in Russia the UK finally sends some ships to blockade all of the main US ports
>1814
>US federal income (mostly from import duties in those days) completely dries up
>This is when the British units landed and sacked Washington
>Only government buildings were torched as it was to be a 'civilized sacking' in stark contrast to the US burning of York
>US begs for peace and the UK delivers them very generous terms because of a mixture of altruistic ideals and commercial interests

Other urls found in this thread:

napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Britain/Infantry/Regiments/44thFoot.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_battle_of_the_Waterloo_Campaign#I_Corps_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BRITS BTFO

>SHUDDUP LEAF WE WON THAT WAR BECAUSE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS WHICH TOOK PLACE AFTER THE TREATY AND AFTER OUR INVASION FAILED AND AFTER OUR CAPITAL WAS BURNT DOWN MUH GUNS!

>winning against anglos
>ever
Anything that looks like a win against Anglos is delusion until the eventual follow up where we wipe the floor with them.

Thank you, gentlemen, for these fine additions to my Anglo folder

Have another if its not already there user. I have 300 of these myself lel.

I have this one framed and hanging in my bedroom. It might not hold the same significance to you but I think it's beautiful.

This gorgeous painting hangs in the National Gallery of Canada. I have gone to see it many times. It was gifted from the UK to Canada in 1918 as thanks after WW1. I just wanted to say to my British friends that we very much appreciate this gift 100 years later. Sometimes on free nights, my friends and I go to the National Gallery just to sit and look at this painting.

And another

You also left out the Indian Wars in the South. My fifth great grandfather was killed as a member of the Georgia militia after the Fort Mims massacre. His son then fought the Seminoles under Andrew Jackson.

>stops and searches
By which you mean coastal plundering you lying hack. We aren't obligated to tolerate foreign ships coming to our shores and kidnapping our people. I'm also amazed that you're trying to construe the War of 1812 as having been a good thing for the British, even though it ruined their ambitions in North America and humiliated them (as it was essentially a white peace with an infinitely weaker power).

Which British ambitions in North America are you talking about? They sure weren't the ones attacking their neighbours and massacring their Indians. I specifically mentioned manifest destiny as a motivation for the US invasion. Last time I checked Canada was still a thing so tell me, who's ambitions were ruined again?

>Bunch of random highlanders who probably couldn't speak english

So 0 british losses, 333 american losses.

going by your vietnam logic we win.

Last time I checked Canada was a poor nation, getting poorer, that sells its raw materials to the US and then buys back the refined goods at a higher price. It's also not Britain anymore. Then again, that's really a good thing for them. Being saddled with you would be a fucking travesty. The ambitions that I was alluding to would be along the lines of "Fighting to make sure that literally any outcome happens other than being out-expanded by our competitors." The British really were the aggressors, by the way. Traveling to a foreign coast and practicing impressment upon their sailors is an act of war against any nation that values its sovereignty. Thank God that Andrew Jackson beat the ever-loving shit out of them. It was karmic retribution.

I'd also like to offer my apologies to your Canadian ancestors who fought the war (on the off chance that you aren't an African migrant) for the fact that their descendants managed to not accomplish anything else to be proud of.

>Traveling to a foreign coast and practicing impressment upon their sailors is an act of war against any nation that values its sovereignty.
Not when you rule the world.

You know this now. You can bomb Middle Eastern countries and run amock in Vietnam.

Poorest nation in the G7.

Canada has a trade surplus with the US

After 1812 the British Empire entered the most illustrious period of its history. Didn't something important happen in American history about 40 years after 1812? I can't quite remember maybe you can help me out.

>0 british losses
You know you can get help illiteracy

>I'd also like to offer my apologies to your Canadian ancestors who fought the war (on the off chance that you aren't an African migrant) for the fact that their descendants managed to not accomplish anything else to be proud of.

Savage

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, BURGERS.
>tfw most celebrating have ZERO ancestry from the Revolution

Look at that!
It's not an argument!
We'll have to keep looking I guess...

Well clearly you didn't rule the world because your evil deeds blew up in your face. If might makes right then accept that you weren't right.

You're the richest nation that's bound for collapse. You have no gold, your economy is on the decline, your housing market is the worst on the planet since foreigners use it like a banking system, and you're ruled by corrupt radical leftists who are determined to import migrants until it all just suddenly starts working. You also have a negligible military and owe us (and Britain) for the fact that people don't walk all over you.

You're right when you say that something did happen about 40 years after 1812. I'd prefer to focus on a point slightly earlier than that, though. The point at which we swiftly defeated Mexico, took half of their territory, and thereby doomed Canada to obscurity by making it impossible for them to expand southward. Then, after the Civil War, we rapidly eclipsed Britain because their ways were inferior to us. History is definitely on the side of the United States. If you barbarians had more awareness then you would probably vacate your lands and beg us to govern them for you.

>A-AMERICA NUMBER ON-

Both sides were Anglos

You're right. In 1812. But we revoked their status as Anglos the second they fought a Revolution and created a country based off a slogan.

>tfw have ancestor who killed some Hessians up in New York

You don't revoke genetic lineage

You do when you control the supply of Anglos.

Reminder that those are our natural borders.

>You know you can get help illiteracy

>blocks your empire

Why do anglos take credit for Irish military achievements?

>Arthur Wellesley
>Irish
>Wellesley
>English surname
>Arthur
>British name
>Protestant
If by "Irish", you mean a member of the British overlord class that colonised Ireland, then yes. If by "Irish", you mean Irish, then no. Keep to Michael Collins and Wolfe Tone.

This. Every war has been about spilling european blood just because of (((their))) scheming.

Wellesley was an Old English family, so pretty much Irish as much as someone called Fitzgerald. Kind of meaningless after centuries.

Just looked up the battalion involved in the burning of Washington

napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Britain/Infantry/Regiments/44thFoot.pdf
>1st Battalion 44th Regiment of Foot
>1807: 11% English/Welsh, 3% Scots, 86% Irish

Imagine my shock. Silly ungrateful English claiming Irish victories.

>.t Londonistani immigrant who thinks British = English because he hasn't been here long enough to learn anything

He was still a member of the British ruling elite that COLONISED Ireland; he wasn't Irish. He's about as Irish as George Washington is native American. He isn't Irish because he was born in Ireland. Are Ulster unionists Irish?
>Burning of Washington
Lots of Irish fought in the British Army, yes (not too many LED the British Army). British Army, British victory.
Give me a few other instances of us stealing your victories.

>Jefferson

Jefferson had been out of office for three years by the time the War of 1812 occurred.

add this too

>tfw my Irish ancestors fought in the revolution
why me

Woah you bog monkeys even have a military?
I thought you were just poundland terrorists that blew up a few local businesses for the right to be molested in Church and marry your boyfriends down south.

oh fuck why do I have this gay ass flag

Why so salty, German friend?

The fucking ego on you. To lose and still brag about it.

Have an actual one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_battle_of_the_Waterloo_Campaign#I_Corps_2
There's a list of every unit involved, weirdly most British Units are English

>You know you can get help illiteracy
What did he mean by this?

This, it was Madison but it was more the war hawks in congress

>that uniform
HNNNG!

Saved.

Fake news

>continental conquest known as manifest destiny
>Only government buildings were torched as it was to be a 'civilized sacking' in stark contrast to the US burning of York

>leaf
RAKE

and no sweetie, we won.

Oops wrong one. Checkem.

Picton's descendant reporting in.

Most English units at the time usually had around 30%-40% Irish recruits. And then you'll even have some with majority Irish.
>54th (West Norfolk) Regiment of Foot
>17% English/Welsh, 1% Scots, 82% Irish

that's because we're basically the same thing