Degenerate Architecture

Post them.
Bonus if you name (((architect))).

Other urls found in this thread:

google.rs/maps/@44.800689,20.370139,3a,75y,358.26h,79.73t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sO-Qq8WhsxK_lP9K_28SL1g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i49
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stony Brook University Hospital. Architect: Bertrand (((Goldberg))). What do I win?

(((Frank Owen Goldberg))) better known as Frank Gehry.

pretty cool. Gives vibe of "ministry of truth"

coulhouse. He's dutch isn't he?

>coulhouse
*koolhaas

Looks like an extremely crude 3D render

>a fucking death star

inside malta parliament

That's fuckin sick dude, get some taste.

Penn State Millennium Science building. I did some work there when it was under construction. It features a huge cantilevered front entrance, which is a total waste of usable space....all at the cost of tax payers.

That one is roughly a million times better than the first two.

looks like some sort of repurposed prison shower

why is this degenerate? It has a great circulation path that allows you to continuously walk around all book sections from the lobby to the top floor. The multi-height space at the west entrance is very impressive as well and connects the different levels to the lobby.

at first I used to think Gehry was degenerate but he is a victim of his success. Gehry has become a brand in architecture, that you can describe his architecture as a Gehry building. That leads to clients going to Gehry for a "Gehry" building rather than allowing him to do something he wants. Walt Disney Concert Hall is still one of the best buildings both in form and function though. The same applies to Zaha Hadid, Morphosis (to an extent but he does what he wants), and Coop Himmeblau. Jean Nouvel manages to escape this by having pretty much no signature style.

One issue I can understand that critics have of BIG is that he tends to recycle concepts and have similar looking buildings. With that said, he represents what every young architect (myself included) wants to be, successful at a young age BUT still down to earth. I heard Thom Mayne lecture a week before hearing Bjarke Ingels and I was turned off by Mayne's arrogance and use of big terminology to explain a simple concept. Bjarke explains his work in easy language terms that anyone, both architects and non-architects can understand. His work analyses the surrounding context and responds to it, though I do wish he would be more meticulous about it rather than using the same finishes. His buildings end up as large scale diagrams.

Commieblocks are the worst type of architecture

The seattle public library is the best building built in the states in the last 25 years.
Fuck off.

posvar hall at the university of pittsburgh

Seattle library?

google.rs/maps/@44.800689,20.370139,3a,75y,358.26h,79.73t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sO-Qq8WhsxK_lP9K_28SL1g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i49
someone actually thought this shit was a good idea. just let that sink in.

This is another one by Frank (((Gehry))), who was born as Frank Owen Goldberg.

top lel

It looks like docking plate found in the bed of a pick up truck.

is anyone in this thread an architect?

Science Centre Norway

Architect name: Burger Dixon.

I never thought I'd see a Sup Forums OP featuring the Seattle Public Library.

>Burger Dixon

I like this one, urban areas don't have enough trees.

Reminds me of Flymuseet in Bodö.

top fucking kek

In an interview Rem describe that intent of his design as a constant tension and constant uneasy feeling from the people looking at it as a dynamic element of his design.

As for Gehry, he willfully distort and misshape his building to denote movement and energy. See Sydney Polllak documentary that have him not know the buildings circulation and basic functions and leave it to his assistant to work it out with great pain in thier part. I suspect that his decline in visual showmanship is the fact that one of his senior designer left his office.

aka the fidget spinner