Hoping for a Norwegian

Hoping for a Norwegian to help with translating these couple of sentences.

Norwegian:

>La oss stille oss våre forfedres eksempel for oynene og erindre at kraft, mot og enighet overvinner alle vanskeligheter. La oss erindre hva vi er vårt fedreland, vår ære, oss selv og våre etterkommere skyldige.
>La oss ikke handle således at våre barn og barnebarn skal forbanne vårt minne.
Gjennom oppofrelse og farer skal vi måskje kjempe oss fram til det store mål, men herlig vil lonnen være, og stort vil vårt navn bli i historiens årboker.

My attempt in English:

>Let us look at the example of our forefathers, and remind ourself that power, courage, and unity, triumph over all hardship. Let us remember what we owe to our fatherland, our honour, ourselves and our descendants to come.
>Let us not act so that our children and grandchildren shall curse our memory. Through sacrifice and danger we may struggle to reach our great target, but wonderful shall the spoils be, and glorious shall history remember our names!

Google translate isn't doing a great job so I took the liberty of attempting translation with the help of knowing three other Germanic languages. I translated some parts less literally and more in line with the meaning, but if that's wrong of course correct it.

This is a political speech btw, hence why it's here and not Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCisprrr_q149JhIeKYUjGeA
youtube.com/watch?v=naagE-0IDsg
youtube.com/watch?v=xsavZp0KXWQ
tv.nrk.no/serie/filmavisen
forum.thepurityspiral.com/user/middernacht
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

working on it

your translation isn't half bad

>>La oss stille oss våre forfedres eksempel for oynene og erindre at kraft, mot og enighet overvinner alle vanskeligheter. La oss erindre hva vi er vårt fedreland, vår ære, oss selv og våre etterkommere skyldige.
Let us set our ancestors example ahead of us and remember that power, courage and agreement conquers all difficulties. Let us remember what we are our fatherland, our honor ourselves and out descendants guilty.
>Gjennom oppofrelse og farer skal vi måskje kjempe oss fram til det store mål, men herlig vil lonnen være, og stort vil vårt navn bli i historiens årboker.
Through devotion and dangers will we fight our way to the great goal, but wonderful will the payment be, and great will our name be in the history books.

Last part was probably irony though, since norway barely ever does anything for the history books

>great target
maybe
great goal instead?

I'll update some parts, thanks.

It originates from Christian Magnus Falsen, so I suppose that's the relevance.

pee pee poo poo

thank u for ur input

ur welcome

>ljet oss lokk att tdhe eksample åff hour forrfadres, and remaind hourself tat pǻwer, corage, and unity, triumfs ǻver all hardtship. Ljet oss remembar wat wi ǻwe to oor fatternland, oor honor, hoorselves and oor desendantsts tu komme.
fixed it for you
>Let us not act so that our children and grandchildren shall curse our memory. Through sacrifice and danger we may struggle to reach our great target, but wonderful shall the spoils be, and glorious shall history remember our names!

Got it lads, thanks

I helped you translate your previous videos.

Once again you're at it with some pretty random sentences, my dude, but I respect your goal.

If you still need help, let me know and I'll try to make a great contribution to help you out.

If you're interested, in a couple of days you'll see why on this channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCisprrr_q149JhIeKYUjGeA

I need some help in finding a good Danish NS speech, I've got two already but the quality is pretty bad on both, and the second is barely even a speech, more of a newsreel.
youtube.com/watch?v=naagE-0IDsg
youtube.com/watch?v=xsavZp0KXWQ

Music and visuals can do a lot to make speeches work, but sadly there's no mirror to Goebbels and Hitler anywhere.

You're doing God's work, user. I'll keep an eye out.

tv.nrk.no/serie/filmavisen
Use this with Norwegian vpn, something like hola should work.
Check out the episodes from 1941-45
It was started after Norway became occupied and so the themes during the war is pretty NS friendly. Lot's of great footage there from all over europe too.

Don't know Norge, but wrt the English:

In the last sentence, use "but wonderful shall be the REWARDS,"

The 2nd part of that sentence is tricky- maybe "and IN GLORY shall history remember our names."

>tv.nrk.no/serie/filmavisen
I've found some of these already through googling, though not this entire playlist. The quality is great, for the shitty

The Norwegian SS uniforms were great desu

It's like the Dutch ones but with an eagle. Probably the best ones.

Do you live in Norgerhaven? Or is this perhaps without restrictions due to being so old.
And if it is without restrictions you should just link it when needed. As these have the timestamps and info on what's being shown.

Also, I can't wait for the article saying how NRK is being used in right wing propaganda videos.

I donno. It's loses a bit of the old-ish norse kinda speaking in the translation.

It's written in a kinda "let us not take in vain thy powers that be". Kinda shit if that makes any sense at all.

I don't know how to explain it but it. I mean it's a perfect translation in terms of what kinda message it's trying to convey, and the meaning of the sentences and all that, but it's said in a kind unorthodox.... or orthodox way rather, that gets lost in translation.

I'm aware of the whole archaic language, especially with nynorsk.
This was from during the NS time, recalling a speech from the early 1800s, so it makes sense.

I've no idea how to make it work in English, though.

The Dutch SS did the same, using very archaic language that was barely ever used, even for the 40s.
But it did make their writings a lot more poetic.

I suppose it's because it's old. I'll link to it in the description, but so far the description is looking to be quite huge.
The Netherlands had film reels similar to this, about 3 hours worth total, this seems to be more though. I'll scourge through and look for some good shots, I'm only filling about a minute and a half so it should be easy.

I'm just missing Danish footage now.

Can I contact you somewhere else? I just got a really good video idea I want to see through but have no hardware capable.

contact me at [email protected]

I suppose you can contact me at [email protected], but another platform would be private messaging me on this forum: forum.thepurityspiral.com/user/middernacht

>youtube.com/channel/UCisprrr_q149JhIeKYUjGeA

Clicked on your link, and interestingly enough I've already seen and liked a bunch of your videos. Subscribed, keep it up.

this is some fucked up shit m80s