Will AT&T disavow?

CNN has shat the bed by dox'n a private citizen all while a $100B+ merger was under way.

Did Andrew Kaczynski just cost his employers BIGLY? First $100B journalism f'up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Decency_Act
pastebin.com/cpVuXs9u
youtu.be/zI5hrcwU7Dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't they just threaten to dox him? They didn't actually do it did they?

Or did I miss something?

Well, Assange is tweeting about it. Check the wikileaks Twitter account.

There is fucking up... and then there is fucking up to the tune of $100 Billion

Don't get between a smoky peddler and his shekels

*smut*

How is doxxing a grown man illegal. Investigative journalism is literally their only job.

I don't care what's legal or not...

This does not help TimeWarner make their shekels, man! They don't need this - and ATT doesn't want to piss off half the Country,

Yeah Sup Forums dox's people all the time. Sounds like hypocritical autism.

Instead of shitting the bed a lot of you guys just shit in your pants.

You know who has to approve that merger?
I'll give you a hint
He is on our side

aaaaaaaaaaaand the CNN interns show up

>will some fag on reddit getting doxed fuck up a 100 billion dollar deal

No.

>15 year old
>Grown man
LOL. Go home you're drunk.

Doxxing a man who is cracking skulls with a bike lock so the cops can find him and doxxing a man who posted a freakin' MEME because it "hurt some feelings" are two very different things, you retard.

Wish they'd use that "investigative reporting" to show proof of Russia anything?

Did CNN actually dox him? Like provide full name and address?

It's deeply concerning that at&t would be involved with a corporation that so heavily and flagarantly disregards internet users privacy, and is so opposed to free communications.

I would be extremely uneasy knowing at&t would be in a partnership with an entity like CNN that has vowed to unmask anonymous internet dissenters and activists.

Very troubling indeed.

They did not. Threatened to, which is fucking stupid and they're idiots, but they did not release any personal information for the guy.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

They did provide instructions on how to obtain it though.

Legally speaking I think the threat is worse than the act. The coercion they engaged in is a federal crime.

>because Sup Forums is a multi-billion dollar company with employees

Burger education

OH MAN

OH THIS IS GONNA BE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I think that's the worst part. Doxxing isn't illegal in most cases, but blackmail and extortion, which is what they're doing now, definitely are.

We all need to keep the pressure on and force them into a mistake. Like outing the man prove he isn't 15.

Starting to wonder if it is possible they made the whole guy up. Or if the guy didn't make the meme just shared and actually works for CNN or in the industry.

Yeah ok, well see lol

Time Warner is guilty of violating privacy laws to provide the IP info to CNN, so this is bigger than people realize.

>fox

This, give it a day or two and most people cant give a fuck. CNN staff could go on a shooting spree in the local mall and the merger would still happen. Its a 100 billion deal, both sides are very commited and it has already taked immense ressources and time.

Hell, they could fly a helicopter while blasting ALLAHU AKBAR from speakers to an skyscraper and it would still go on as planned

> well
> we'll
Retard

Drumpie took away all of those privacies kektard, and CNN is protected by this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Decency_Act

Doxxing isn't a crime, threatening to doxx someone in exchange of something is

No evidence of this, HanAssholeSolo contacted them, not the other way around

Ok CNN is shit tier but you guys can't be that butthurt about CNN doing this, I mean who gives a flying fuck about the guy they are "Doxxing" if he wasn't such a faggot in the first place he wouldn't give a fuck. Trolls getting trolled. Be above all trolls and you will have found peace. Continue the fight but don't act like your hurt by this

They literally said they reserve the right to reveal his info if he stops toeing their line, publicly, in their article about his apology. That is blackmail.

AT&T is eating this up because every scandal saves them a billion $.

Best reply yet..

Merger goes on, but at reduced price.

It seemed pretty cut and dried to me as well.

I actually do have a problem with a global, multi-billion dollar corporation using their wealth and influence to shut down dissent. This is completely different from some random faggot on Sup Forums doxxing someone else for shits and giggles.

Fuck that. Shut them down.
Free press isn't a $100 billion+ industry headed by propagandists with clear political motivations.

Theyre journalists, doxxing people is literally their job. Jesus the people on this board are braindead.

>Sup Forums
>you guys
Wanna know how I know you're new to this board and this site in general?

fucking paid shills

>How is doxxing a grown man illegal. Investigative journalism is literally their only job.

You should check your local laws.

I can tell you 100% certainly that if CNN was based in Finland and they doxxed some random shitposter they'd end up in court and lose hard.

Identities of private persons are protected information.

Exceptions are 1. celebrities 2. politicians 3. other government authorities

>Theyre journalists, doxxing people is literally their job
What is defamation and libel for 200, alex

As has been pointed out several times, you ignorant shill FUCK, the guy was openly threatened by CNN. The issue being discussed is BLACKMAIL, you fucking retard.

This isnt Finland you ignorant fuck, we have a 1st amendment protected free press. How is it defamation to publish someones true identity?

You have no right to anonimity from the press. Theres no blackmail, they could publish his info at any time, they just chose not to.

it's not.
however, they coerced him into pleading and begging for forgiveness by threatening to release his information if he didn't play ball.
that is a crime; it's extortion.

>How is it defamation to publish someones true identity?

Its not the identity part you're gonna get shafted by in the court, its all the information you're falsely attributing to someone else

For example, if the posts weren't actually submitted by the person being doxxed.

Also, american "freedom of press" is not unlimited.

>There are four basic stages at which freedom of the press has been or can
be limited: (1) access to information; (2) prior restraint on publishing
information (censorship, injunctions); (3) liability for publishing (libel and
invasion of privacy suits, fines and imprisonment); and (4) requiring
reporters to testify or otherwise disclose sources or materials gathered in
the course of their employment.

>(3) liability for publishing (libel and
invasion of privacy suits, fines and imprisonment)

No they actually doxxed him. They went into detail as to how they found his ID

They hunted the guy down, literally only because a meme hurt their feelings. He wasn't smashing people in the back of the skull with a bike lock. He wasn't posting death threats. He posted a childish meme that hurt CNN's feelings. Then, according to their own words, extracted apologies, and claim to be withholding his name from public shaming and slander (just look at the bullshit they write about Trump EVER SINGLE FUCKING DAY). They claim they'll go public (and no doubt slander the shit out of him with bias and selective reporting) if he ever posts anything ever again. Now, you tell me what is ethical about that. I'm waiting...

If he didnt do anything wrong, then how is publishing his identity hurting him?

>Doxxing isn't a crime
>EU flag

Actually, it can be a prison-time carrying crime in the EU..

Especially if its done by "professional" news outlet

even if he did do something wrong they are willingly putting him in harms way and will be held liable by law. i hope they release it and he gets attacked. we need a martyr for the cause...

>If he didnt do anything wrong, then how is publishing his identity hurting him?

Same way cops can get people killed by leaking lies about who talked to investigators about the drugs.

Give me a fucking break. Please. You saw how Trump sharing a silly meme was blasted by CNN as, "Trump incites violence against reporters! So violent! So nasty! HITLER!!!!!" What the fuck do you think they'll do with any content they can pin on ole' Hansolo? They will ruin him.

>There is no blackmail
>CNN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE HIS IDENTITY IF ANY OF THIS CHANGES
>There is no blackmail
>There is no blackmail
>There is no blackmail
>There is no blackmail

Just quit your job and apply to literally any other news network instead, nobody would blame you. You're not convincing anybody and you'll be one of the first fired anyway when their market share drops

>You post a meme to reddit
>Somebody picks it up, alters it
>The president tweets the altered meme
>Everybody laughs at CNN
>CNN has an autistic screeching fit and accuses our president of inciting violence against reports
>Everybody laughs at CNN again
>CNN goes on a witchhunt for the meme, finds the source meme, finds YOU
>CNN proceeds to beat the dog before the lion

6/10

THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT CNN DOXXING THIS DUDE.

What is highly illegal, however, is the fact that they committed an act of coercion by THREATENING to doxx the guy unless he did their bidding (appologizing and shutting up). If they just went and doxx'd the guy right off the bat, they would be in no legal trouble. However, they threatened the guy with doxxing in order to coerce him into doing what they want - and then bragging about it on the internet to use that threat to imply the same would occur to anyone else who says negative things about CNN.

This guy is totally fucking boned. This is a prosecution lawyer's dream - textbook case of coercion documented on electronic media, timestamped and all. The best this idiot can do is to accept a plea bargain. Meanwhile CNN is also totally fucked because this guy just sunk their credibility even lower when they are already drowning in negative attention. Firing him is unthinkable because he is a lead investigative senior editior; having him resign makes them look terrible for having put him in such a high up position in the first place.

Amazing how these dumbasses sharpen the blade for their own execution.

>have some thoughts on the media from Beaver

Ok I rephrase my comment to this, This guy is letting CNN do this. CNN says "We know who you are, and we will keep it quiet if you quiet down" My first reaction like you all is, Fuck you CNN you crazy fucking fascists. Then it turns to wait why is this guy being cucked by CNN like this, his twitter mad racy, and yet he is saying shit like "Ok im sorry everybody learn from my mistakes." It just don't add up, its like the whole story is faked by CNN or atleast this blackmail thing. We should track this guy down ourselves. The hansolo guy, porbably just some faggot redditor and all of Sup Forums is out to save his poor voice, /nupol/

Holy fuck this is an ignorant post. These giant companies are doing everything in their power to be allowed to amass even more media control.

>yes goys we were merely pretending to commit a criminal act of coercion against this citizen its just a prank! xD

They aren't pretending and its not a prank. Just saying this guy is CNN cuck and therefor by extension so are you.

It is, because the threat establishes the intent to coerce.

>THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT CNN DOXXING THIS DUDE.

Thats for the courts to decide.

There are scenarios that would result in conviction.

Wait at&t is in a merger with cnn? If this is true I need to switch cell carriers and tv/internet

Is that the only line you read? Fucking retard.

>Same way cops can get people killed by leaking lies

They arent lying though, they have his true identity.

I can tell a lot of people on this board are afraid of being found out by society just how worthless and stupid they are

To me he sounds like your average normie who is somewhat "redpilled" and got sloppy shitlording it online. At his age, he could have a wife and kids. Probably a job. Now, imagine the dead panic mode of having your wife yelling at you, all that shitposting and time you spent on reddit has now placed your family in danger, what will the kids say to your kids in school, how will what you said impact them by association when they try to find jobs or go to college, how will you keep your job after CNN tells THE WORD that you are a racist anti-Semite bigot, how will you ever find a job afterward, what will all of her friends say to her when they know she's married to a racist anti-Semite bigot who posts like a 12-year-old online, what about her job... You wouldn't shit your pants and fall down to your knees and apologize and delete your existence from the Internet? This scenario is entirely possible.

>you're a retard when you point out pure speculation for the benefit of CNN

>They arent lying though, they have his true identity.

Holy shit you're a fucking retard.

Of course the identity is real.

The information that gets passed in reference to the identity isn't.

ATT is merging with Time Warner (CNN's parent conglomerate). If you feel like switching carriers, make sure to call ATT and let them know. Lets try and blow this deal!

What information? Are you saying the reddit posts arent real?

Att stock took a nose dive today. All conservative talkshows will be talking about it. BY tomorrows market open it will fall further along with time warner. #cnnblackmail

>How will he ever find a job?

mfw i can now threaten people legally without reprocussions as long as i dont follow through with it and also if i word it exactly like CNN does

:D WOOOHOOO

>Are you saying the reddit posts arent real?

So why aren't they letting the posts speak for themselves instead of calling him a racist?

Reading about CNN doing blatantly idiotic things like this is akin to watching a retard eating glue and thinking "how stupid" before being gobsmacked when he chases it with paint thinner.

>-0.35%
>nosedive

Also Time Warners big earners are Warner Bros and HBO. They can just sell CNN after the merger and not think twice.

>merger
Takeover*

Coercion is coercion, there was nothing decent about the threat cnn made.

Just in

"CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change." Nope, sorry fellah. That was a clear threat. You cannot worm out of this one.

See

EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMAN
SAY YOU ARE DEEPLY CONCERNED THAT CNN WILL USE AT&T RESOURCES TO DOX PEOPLE
Someone should start doxing his family then

List of CNN advertisers: pastebin.com/cpVuXs9u

>make rebbit account
>leave clues in your account that that make it doxable but not to you to someone you know instead
>go full 1488 and anti CNN
>CNN doxes the person that you set up
>They sue CNN for billions of shekels

"CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

It certainly looks like CNN threatened this man with releasing his private details of his life. My reply is so? who is the bunch of fucking republicans around here? being beyond partisan I can see that they were just trying to win, trying to catch up to the trump by what ever means necessary, im for the winner here, if he can be cucked by them he will be cucked by them.

he also said on reddit afterwords,

"To people who troll on the Internet for fun, consider your words and actions conveyed in your message and who it might upset or anger," he wrote. "Put yourself in their shoes before you post it. If you have a problem with trolling it is an addiction just like any other addiction someone can have to something and don't be embarrassed to ask for help. Trolling is nothing more than bullying a wide audience. Don't feed your own self-worth based upon inflicting suffering upon others online just because you are behind a keyboard."

Either CNN literally has a gun to his testicles or the guy genuinely feels this and in which case i ask again, So? is literally let CNN have what they want

Or atleast that is what they are making it seem like, they got their apology, the racist anti Semite apologized for his trolling on the interweb, seems unlikely. whole story is weird.

What I don't understand is how (((CNN))) tracked him down but we still don't know who he is. Doesn't add up at all. This whole thing reeks of fake news.

Holy fuck I've had it with you daft cunts telling someone to look at a post which already links them. Stop being a fucking retard.

You have meddled with the primary forces of nature, Mr Kaczynski, and I won't have it
youtu.be/zI5hrcwU7Dk

GUYS WHAT IF WE SAY CNN IS CYBERBULLYING THIS POOR KID WHO IS A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL OF THE US UNDER THE AGE OF 18

They loved that word a while ago but I haven't heard it lately.

They have no idea what they're doing. They're just mad at everyone for not listening to them.

Do these people actually believe this shit?

Like did they listen and learn and come to this conclusion?

Or is it the money? Does anyone have any reading resources?