Theoretically speaking, how vulnerable is Sup Forums to having its users outed?

Huh, pole? Can it be done? Has it been done before?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Nishimura#2ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Has it been done before?
Yes. Google "Don't mess with football"

And, it's more vunerable than ever.

Don't ever forget our current owner was ousted from 2chan after he got caught logging user posts and identities, and then threatening to sell them unless the users paid him.

If you commit a crime you will be handed over quickly.

By the IC or dedicated PIs, maybe. I doubt there's much to worry about from run-of-the-mill tumblrinas

All instances ive ever been made aware of a user being ousted have come from them posting too much personal info on the site. The autista that dwell here are excellent at doxxing on literally nothing. I have no idea how secure our IPs are and if it's possible to trace them thread to thread which would be the only way of getting a true impression of the person etc etc.

Goot will protect us. I think he loves us

Just say you've been radicalized and need help. It's true, after all.

I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW...
I'VE DOXXED YOU AND FOUND OUT YOU LIVE IN AMERICA...

Did they trace it from here, or did he post it elsewhere as Well?

If someone wants to find you bad enough, they will.

Try not to worry about it too much. We're just joking anyway.

retards posting gifs with pol stomping cnn isn't very intelligent.

Why do threads about this topic, which include that call to action Faceberg screenshot, keep getting deleted? Are mods afraid we'll dox the doxer or something? Anyways as long as you don't post anything explicitly illegal (detailed threats), you don't tripfag, and you don't post anything obviously stupid like your uncovered face or place of work or something, you should be good.
Keep in mind though, just posting on this site once will put your IP on a few watchlists.

all posts from this ip are satire so i aint even worried

Oh also remember to erase EXIF data from any photo that you post here. Do that by copy/pasting the image into Paint and then saving. Dumb phone posters fucking themselves over.

We are extremely vulnerable to the feds, but lucky for most of us we agree with the feds on most things and are not working against them. A regular user can't really get the identity unless someone posts something incriminating, or it becomes public from a mod leaking something or the feds make it public.

Sup Forums strips exif data you mongoloid, none of us would be posting here if that wasn't the case

Posted it here. The FBI demanded his IP address from moot, and moot complied. Moot turned over a shitload of criminals, CP posters, etc, but per moderation rules they didn't talk about it. That particular case just got so big moot couldn't cover it up. You can go look up the court documents yourself to see where moot testified in court.

I know a manager at a prominent manufacturer that loves weed. His plan is to say exactly that if he ever gets caught.

>"I'm an addict and need help!"
It works, just look at anyone semi important that got caught doing something morally ambiguous.

You've outted yourself as a none user

>implying all Sup Forums servers haven't been under control of the FBI since long before japmoot took over the place

The Feds already know who you are.
CNN? I wouldn't worry about it.

>Sup Forums strips exif data you mongoloid

What ever gave you that idea?

>[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]

It wouldn't be particularly hard.

The problem is the insane amount of backlash the leaker woulx receive. Wikileaks wouldn't touch the shot, so they'd basically have to leak it themselves.

this, they look at me with disgust every time I fly into America (it's not my ethnicity, I look like a swedish jew)

i wouldn't worry about it, its different when a user here commits a crime and gets v& by the fbi or something, but if someone starting outting users for nothing that would be incredibly stupid and i wouldn't advise anyone actually go down that road.

Moot used to talk about it all the time. He often said people were idiots if they thought they could do illegal things here and get away with it.

Yeah none of you retards who cannot into internet security would be posting here. If Sup Forums does indeed auto-strip EXIF then it must be a recent change because I know for certain at some point that was not the case. Back when I was still browsing Sup Forums people were doxing themselves all the time.

There was also that autistic ISIS joker from Jersey that got v& after posting all sorts of shit on Sup Forums.

That's exclusive user.

Uhuh. Why don't you post a picture and prove the data is stripped.

Thank Christ I have never typed anything indictable on this site. I think.

OP has been definately outed as gay.

Just a theory my friend Why not try it out on the OP's image?

user, if you ever are contacted about anything you said on the internet, deny, deny, deny.

My IP address is regularly hacked by my neighbors and used by my guest in Moms basement.

don't get your panties in a twist, this reminds me of the old "type lolita into imagefap" joke that used to turn newfags into paranoid nutcases.

A cropped image from a manga that has been saved and reposted hundreds of times isn't gonna have any data.

Could be why he does not want Sharia law to be enforced in the US

good luck jailing 150k people spread across 6 gorrilion different countries

Exactly, one guy posted a pic of his Gf saying she was being slutty.

Next thing he knew reverse image search found her twitter and BAM he was never heard from again. Probs ruined his relationship

>2017
>not using a VPN

Do you even know what EXIF data is?

Remember when m00t used to say he only had to go through stupid bullshit when a user posted something stupid?

In my experience, that's true. As long as Sup Forums continues to be board of love and peace, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

And? So what if that happens and every single thing that all of us has ever posted gets put up on some website with our real names attached?

Oh they just revealed there are millions of us that feel this way, committed dozens of crimes in the process of posting it, and instantly created a new political movement that could never be co-opted.

So then 90% of images here aren't gonna have any data. Good play

So you can make shekels!

I thought there were more autista than that it's actually a pretty small pool when you look at it. Hell hitler killed 6gorillion I'm sure the feds could round up 150k NEETs

No. Do tell.

>spelling Sup Forums as pole -_-

are there any VPNs located in international waters? this should be a thing by now

100% vulnerable. IF you have EVER posted on this website your IP and various info about your posts are available for purchase. See the link below if you are ready for the Gook-Moot-Pill.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Nishimura#2ch

How the fuck would that even work you fucking retard

The administrator of Sup Forums LLC has a history of selling user data info on website he has owned

Yeah this is also how a lot of idiots get tricked into personal army stuff.
>Damn my neighbor is a complete asshole
>I know, I'll just take a picture from his FB and pretend to be him!
See Like another user said, when it comes to internet stuff deny as much as you possibly can.

I've never even been on the internet. I thought it was a joke, like Canada.

It happened when moot was still around, like 2 or more years ago.

So many idiots were doxing themselves and fake doxing themselves

The funny thing is that his parents are so rich(they own half the island) that they just released him after his fake visit to the psychward.

No such thing as jews in Sweden friend. That is an alternative fact or fake news.

I don't hold anything back, everyone knows exactly where I stand so out me all you like jews. You're just proving me right.

hahaha thats right work the system user its never our fault

Its metadata for an image. Main use is in photography to store the setting used in the camera to take the photo. I'm not a /p/haggot so I dont know what sort of meta data other images can carry.

Check his flag he's fucking dumb as shit

Basically it's metadata, or information that's stored along with a photo you have taken. Cellphones, webcams, and digital cameras will take more data than just the photo itself. It will usually contain information about the camera, like shutter speed, model, date created etc. But some devices will also include more personal data like the username associated with the device, or even GPS location.

He sure does.

If you're really in that kind of situation and you don't know what to do, don't deny everything. Just be friendly, don't jerk them around, ask to review the warrant, have a light conversation so you can understand what exactly is going on, and then use some free initial consultations with multiple lawyers to get their take on it.

You can always decide in the future to say more things or not.

4chins has been stripping exif data for years you nigger

Let's put it this way:

A few months ago here on Sup Forums a person with a Canadian flag was boasting about he "beat up some liberals" because they insulted his mom. Posted pictures of his bloody knuckles to prove it.

People asked for details, he said that he was outside of a restaurant, got into the fight, they called the cops, so he left to his apartment which was a block away.

Posters got him to boast about himself and made him post a picture of himself (from behind) standing next to his fridge to prove he was over 6' tall.

Using the information he posted, people figured out he was in Calgary, cross referenced police calls to figure out which restaurant it was at, then forwarded the information to the police, since they now had a picture of him that could be used for identification (skin color, height, hair color, hair style, etc) and an archive of the thread where he admitted to the crime.

Because he said how close he was to the place of the incident, the cops went door knocking, found him, and arrested him.

who else superjews here and sells their wifi password to neighbors? my ip could be many people, i dont think ill ever get for real nailed

>all Sup Forums servers

Those 4 mac mini's in m00t's basement?

There's several levels of psychological barriers people need to break down in order to feel comfy here. It's not exactly welcoming.

Ah and phoneposters could be fucked cos phones have gps and all other sort of personal shit in them that could be attached to the image without their knowledge. So just dont post OC from your phone only pasta. Fixed yes?

holy shit every fucking time

literally south park did an episode on this, if you think about it, it's actually in the interest of national security to keep things anonymous. Think of the potential chaos of discourse if the narrative here were taken seriously , let alone the fact that for example these things you interpret are incredibly arbitrary and relative to context and mindset of incredibly individual situations and cases

>Implying my Sup Forums persona reflects my RL persona and doesn't change thread to thread.

Also 7 proxies.

So in short, you have to be a complete fucking retard. Good to know

are you 12?

It used to be IIRC a couple of 1U Dell bits in a rack with some cabling that looked unnecessarily complicated, but probably a consequence of the datacenter's requirements.

Then we packeted the fuck out of it and m00t switched to cloudflare. Seems like it would have to be a bit more sophisticated than that these days. Maybe entirely cloud hosted? That would fit m00t's mindset. If, as claimed, Hiro only paid $100k for it then we're probably looking at something that's been donated rather than the underlying equipment costs.

Sup Forums doesn't have accounts, only ips so it's difficult to build a profile on someone. Unless someone is dumb enough to dox themselves or you are against a state level adversary (NSA, FBI, etc...), it won't happen.

On sites like reddit, you see the entire comment history.

If someone says their birthday in one thread on Sup Forums and then 1 year later their first name in another thread and one year later where they live and 1 year later where they work nobody is going to be able to link that info unless they use a tripcode like a retard. On reddit, people just need to look at the comment history and they have enough info to dox them.

If you post one or two trivial details, you can be found by anyone with access to google.

If you post even once, you can be found by an FBI subpoena.

>not having at least a Sup Forums gold account
shiggy

Not using chrome incognito

Holy shit lol, I remember a friend in high school messaging me on steam asking me about that, and I had to tell him it was nothing

I don't have a boss so go ahead and "out" me. There's already a mutual societal rejection. Choke on infinity dicks

>thinking logs of IPs correlated to posts aren't 'done for fun' specifically to build profiles on scummy users
>thinking users' devices aren't hacked as soon as they visit Sup Forums.org
>thinking Sup Forums is a 'good honest website' like kikebook and reddit
>posting on Sup Forums

you don't have anything to worry about.

First of all it isn't going to happen, but lets just say it does. They will find out that this place is far more diverse (especially amongst older people and women) then they can even imagine.

Second. They find your IP address. So you deny. Blame it on a neighbor or family member. Even if they could prove IP addresses there is absolutely no proof that the person that lives there is the one posting.

This is a simple threat to "call the internet police"

H.. How did ju know, senpai?

>CNN threatens to dox people who spend time, voluntarily, on a website that can find Shia Labeouf's stupid flag in the middle of nowhere, also find out the identity of a masked anarchist professor with a penchant for bike-lock attempted murder, and your intention is to blackmail the people of that site..?

good luck

what are you worried about?
your mommy finding out you hate her negro boyfriend?

>thinking you're a part of Sup Forums

If they have an IP and a warrant you can pretty well expect them to seize a whole bunch of your shit and stick it in a warehouse forever and then keep you shitting bricks about potential consequences.

I don't recommend having quite your attitude about it if you're doing something you shouldn't be doing.

no. i am not worried about any of this.

i have never posted anything illegal.

Get it, bc the two words are spelled differently but sound alike, thus making it a hilarious way to call you a penis while still referencing the bored.

I'm here for fun, for refining my argument skills. Seeing what attracts people's attention.
I've convinced people the moon-landing wasn't real, so I'm pretty good.
Posting here is better than a debate team as that shit assumes people are rational and the rational arguement wins.
It doesn't. The effective one does, even if it's logically shit.

I can convince people that the Jews are behind something. I've been a democrat, a Nazi, a Marxist-Leninist, an AnCap, a Cuckservative and almost every other flag on this site.

I like being a pseudo-racist at times too, and this is someone with black friends, taking it to a ridiculous level to, see pic related.

I dont give a fuck come get me bitch

One thing I would not do is go on Sup Forums on any browser you use for normal work.

A ton of websites have access to the website you came from/are about to change to, so if you're on, God forbid, CNN.com with your registered email, then type in Sup Forums.org on the browser they know that your email address goes on Sup Forums plus they have your ip.

i believe you, dequan
/s

>Thats not me bro, my senile grandfather visits all the time to use the internet.

You are a 20 something white male who is either a shut-in NEET, a student, or an employee of little significance.

There, I just doxxed all of you. Nobody cares who anybody here is, so it would be pointless.

t. cnn shill

Hi Antifa, i live in Scampia, Naples, Italy. Come at me and i will fucking skin you alive one by one

Okay that is fucked up but I mean if you have only posted memes it shouldn't matter? Racist and offensive stuff is not illegal.