How is the 2nd amendment a loophole?

fusion.net/story/104761/how-criminals-are-exploiting-a-legal-loophole-that-lets-you-make-guns-at-home/

Last week, an investigation by a team of law-enforcement agencies that went back at least five months ended with the arrests of four California men charged with illegally manufacturing and trafficking more than 50 guns. Some of them were built from parts bought legally.

According to court records, last December two of the men—Clay Bautista-Marquez and Matthew Nutt—sold a confidential informant with a criminal record three AR-15 style semi-automatic rifles.

A month later, another one of the men arrested, Christian Romero, brought gun parts to the same confidential informant and built two AR-15s in front of him, charging him $2,100 for the fully-assembled firearms. Within a few weeks, he sold another homemade firearm.

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/qa-category/receiver-blanks
youtube.com/watch?v=a3Lx0qpbz_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Building your own guns is fine, building guns with the intention of selling them without an FFL is illegal. It's just typical leftist fear mongering for no reason.

3D printing is going to fuck with a lot of our legal and economic norms. This is something we're going to have to deal with aside from where we stand on the 2nd Amendment.

>building guns with the intention of selling them without an FFL is illegal

How does the right to keep and bear arms not include the right to dispose of arms?

>"everything we don't like is a loophole"

You can build and keep as many arms as you want, but we are a nation of laws. Personally I think the FFL system is flawed but until we get that ruled unconstitutional we have to abide by it and part of it is if you are building for profit you need to have a manufactures FFL and be registered with ITAR

If you go about building to sell without that you are breaking the law.

In most states a private party can sell guns they own to other private parties or even FFL holders with no issue. The problem is when a private party starts buying guns and/or building guns with the sole intention of reselling them later for a profit. That's when the ATF knocks your door down and shoots your dog.

Is this the lower receiver thing? My dad explained recently that you can buy all parts of an AR15 without a license, with the exception of the lower receiver. Then there are kits/jigs for sale that make manufacturing your own lower reasonably straightforward. It could be I'm not remembering properly.

>The problem is when a private party starts buying guns and/or building guns with the sole intention of reselling them later for a profit. That's when the ATF knocks your door down and shoots your dog.

So they are a thought police?

>exploiting a legal loophole
>explicitly codified into law and has an FAQ on the ATF's site

atf.gov/qa-category/receiver-blanks

you can finish 80% lowers or 3d print and not have to register them. You cant sell them though without being registered as an FFL. pretty simple.
Dont make guns to sell to other people or the ATF will kill your dog.

Thats probably what theyre talking about but the use of "AR-15 style" makes me wonder if it was an AR being built and sold at all because they use that to describe everything these days.

Yes. Thats pretty much what the ATF is.

>You cant sell them though without being registered as an FFL.
You can sell them. You just cant make them with the intention of selling them.

This, assembling them in front of a CI is where the guy fucked up.

Criminals don't obey the law. So what's the point in making more gun laws? For the people who do? The people are the criminals??!?!?! Makes no sense!!!! So DAMN retarded!!!!

According to the left freedom is a loophole that needs to be closed.

Disarm America, be safe and at peace like Brazil.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3Lx0qpbz_Y

>$2100

They mad they got ripped off.

Ghost guns need to go.

Only on paper. There's a reason they allowed several transactions before pinching these guys.

How would you prove/disprove such an abstract line of legality against the government with unlimited funds in court?

If you sell a gun that you made, IIRC you really just have to serialize it and make a record. I also think you need to get an FFL but I could be wrong.

/k/ would probably know more.

ARs can easily get up to $1050, so it's hard to say if they were ripped off or not. Also when you take into account that these people can't buy a regular ar15 legally then $1050 is a probably a great deal

Niggers aren't building their own firearms, they aren't buying 80% lowers and milling them out either. They're shooting each other with $50 pocket pistols.

Though I've personally built a dozen rifles off of 80% lowers, got a couple Glocks too. The ATF can suck the entire length of my cock.

There's rules and actual legal terminology where at some point you're putting yourself "in the business" of selling guns. You can build and sell what you want and there's a line you can cross in that venture that places you "in the business" by legal definition.

If theyve arrested him for it, theyve probably got evidence of intent already. Hes already fucked. The best course of action is to not get caught by never actually saying you built it to sell. Its fairly easy to get away with if youre not a dumbass.