Dollar Coins - What good are they, were they a mistake?

No one uses them because paper money is much more convenient.

so should we attempt to return them to the treasury then?

would help cut the debt

You can use gold to make business transactions in some states. I know that you can do that in Texas.

On top of that it's money no matter where you go or what time you are in.

We need to get rid of dollar bills in order the dollar coins to work. Otherwise, people won't use them. Dollar bills are too popular.

except they are not gold, they are (((gold coins)))

I can imagine people throwing hand fulls of coins in stripper clubs. Will be funny for the first few times, until they ban it because the strippers are getting bruised.
Might need to implement metal detectors
>Pic unrelated

I have read that apparently they are in high demand in ecuador and el salvador

Lol, this is literally how it works in leafland. People toss dollar and two dollar coins at the stripper, and they have a magnet on a stick that they use to pick up coins off the stage afterward.

They're good for making you really irritated when some stupid government vending machine gives them to you and then you have to decide whether you'd rather bring them to the post office to buy, I don't know, 18 rolls of tape and an envelope, or whether you'd rather throw them at Jews to see if they pick them up.

Lmao
Never actually been in a strip club.
>White, tall, skinnyfat, 19, virgin
Hue

wat

Isn't part of the appeal of a strip club that you get to touch the girls near their private parts without getting bounced as long as you're in the process of slipping in a dollar bill?

>tfw first time at a strip club
>fumbled the dollar bill like 10 times trying to get it in her underwear
>she gets bored not being able to grind around and get more money
>take is from me and stuffs it in herself
so glad a had a beer to bury my face in

Didn't the most recent version of the $1 coin fail because it wasn't accepted at most vending machines, toll booths and other coin operated devices?

>What good are they
Coins are more durable than paper currency, and as such we do not have to expend as many resources each year to replace currency that has lost its ability to be useful as currency (i.e. dollar bills that are crinkled to the point that they can't be put into vending machines, or have numerous tears). In general, you don't tend to carry around a lot of 1s, so the portability disadvantages of dollar coins are negligible.

>were they a mistake?
Absolutely not. We should make more of them. The Susan B Anthony coins were a mistake though, considering how similar they looked to quarters.

having one dollar bills and 100 dollar bills and everything in between the same shape size and colour isn't that convenient
fuck having to check every note every time someone hands you a bundle

Because they made it the same size as a quarter instead of ~2.5X as larger. Get rid of the penny first.

> being this retarded about how money works

Shut up that make it uniform and nice. Unless you're blind or not accustomed to the differences in color and markings it's the easiest thing in the world. A roll or a pile or a wallet of cash all different sizes sticking out all over would be comparatively maddening.

Although if you want them every color under the sun I guess be my guest. That is something novel about collecting foreign notes.

They also hold a cup between their thighs and people try to throw the coins in. I imagine you get more attention if you switch to $5 bills.

I've only gone once, mind you. Seemed kind of pointless.

It's an excuse to put a woman on a coin

dollar coins are shit. coins in general are shit. People tolerate quarters and hate everything else.

blame inflation for making the dollar worth a tenth of what it used to mean.

and who would actually take a payment in dollar coins?

hmm that's neat I guess.

I'm not a particularly big fan of them, and a lot of places you can't even drink or the girls are fugly, but it's worth trying I guess. There are worse ways to pass time at a bachelor party or something than watching a lithe young girl doing acrobatics on a pole and taking her clothes off and maybe rubbing her boobs all over you to get a dollar if things aren't going well.

They are good for one dollar!
How can you not see that?
Millenials.....so dumb it hurts