Why is the wage gap "false"?

I'm writing a paper for class and I'm the only one in my class who is on the side of the wage gap being false. (I put false in quotations because objectively the gap does exist. I'm more looking for reasons why it doesn't matter when given the proper context.)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/z1xjq
news.cornell.edu/stories/2011/02/choices-not-discrimination-deter-women-scientists
archive.is/k0COk
forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/10/25/lies-damned-lies-and-statistics-gender-pay-gap-edition/#7b9549467249
payscale.com/career-news/2009/12/do-men-or-women-choose-majors-to-maximize-income
telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/vickiwoods/7957186/Sorry-ladies-Im-not-worried-about-wage-gaps.html
archive.is/tk6cP
americanthinker.com/articles/2010/09/the_wage_gap_myth.html
archive.is/rjhW2
news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/04/women-preferred-21-over-men-stem-faculty-positions
archive.is/p72Aj
youtube.com/watch?v=Y021WAdUlW8&t=37m
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2797279/women-dislike-having-female-boss-workplace-men-study-finds.html
forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2017/05/31/new-report-women-ceos-make-more-than-men/#3304b2ce2da9
archive.is/08xOy
businessinsider.com/women-now-control-more-than-half-of-us-personal-wealth-2015-4
youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pol do my homework for me

Wage gap is real. You can't argue it. What you can easily argue is the cause of it having little to do with systemic female oppression or patriarchy.

Shh
I'm American and dumb.

(No, but really I have like 90% of it done, I mostly wanna see the conversation over it. Just to prepare me for the shitshow when I turn it into my libtard teacher.)

Women get more benefits inside and outside of work, if they want more they should stop being babies and get a better job outside of being a pencil pusher loser in a cubicle

Oh but wait women aren't smart or ambitious enough to do that. Fucking hell, women in the west are lower than shit. At least shit can be burned to make a fire to keep people warm when they are trapped in the wilderness, fuck.

>Blind recruitment trial to boost gender equality making things worse, study reveals
archive.is/z1xjq

>Choices -- not discrimination -- determine women scientists' success, researchers say
news.cornell.edu/stories/2011/02/choices-not-discrimination-deter-women-scientists

>Don’t Blame Discrimination for Gender Wage Gap
archive.is/k0COk

>Lies, Damned Lies And Statistics Gender Pay Gap Edition
forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/10/25/lies-damned-lies-and-statistics-gender-pay-gap-edition/#7b9549467249

>Majors by Gender Is It Bias or the Major That Determines Future Pay?
payscale.com/career-news/2009/12/do-men-or-women-choose-majors-to-maximize-income

>Sorry ladies, I'm not worried about wage gaps
telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/vickiwoods/7957186/Sorry-ladies-Im-not-worried-about-wage-gaps.html

>The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth
archive.is/tk6cP

>The Wage Gap Myth
americanthinker.com/articles/2010/09/the_wage_gap_myth.html

>There Is No Male-Female Wage Gap
archive.is/rjhW2

>Women preferred 21 over men for STEM faculty positions
news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/04/women-preferred-21-over-men-stem-faculty-positions

>Workplace Salaries At Last, Women on Top
archive.is/p72Aj

The >wage gap is real.

Which is what I said in the parentheses.

Here's your answer, courtesy of 1981.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y021WAdUlW8&t=37m

well why did you say that

The only problem I have with female earnings is that they are overpaid. No way in hell a woman is 72 cents to the dollar when compared to superior male strength, skill and intelligence.

It's simple.
A majority of women work in low paying and comfortable jobs such as kindergarten teachers.
Men are more likely to work in high paying and dangerous jobs like oil well workers.
When you average all jobs and their pay together, you get the .77 per dollar thing. When you control for same job and same level of experience, the gap shrinks to only a few cents.

>Women dislike having a female boss in the workplace MORE than men do, study finds
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2797279/women-dislike-having-female-boss-workplace-men-study-finds.html

(OP)
But do dangerous jobs pay more?

Who the fuck doesn't know this is bullshit?

Look, ask your liberal hippie friend these questions:
1. Men and women are equal, right? (Yes)
2. Men and women can do the same jobs, right? (Yes)
3. Business owners are greedy and want to make the most money they can, right? (Yes)
4. Women only make $0.72 per every dollar men make, right? (Yes)

THEN WHY ARE ANY MEN BEING EMPLOYED?

Let assume the wage gap is real.
Let assume women do an equal job than men.

If it was the case employer would employ women who do as good as a job than man for cheaper.
And then women wage would increase and man decrease (Law of supply and demand).
So no wage gap.

So either wage gap is false, either men do better job than women and wage gap is real and justified.

Hour for hour they get payed the same everywhere.

you make no sense.

it's fairly obvious.

adding up every single employment type and calling it a day is completely stupid, you get all sorts of variables and noise that makes muh 78 cents or whatever tf it is meaningless.

but in general, females work less hours overall, and simply take safer, lower paying jobs

Good chain of logic, but you forgot why aren't they being charged for violating the Equal Pay Act of 1963?

Read Dr Thomas Sowell. Debunked this in the '80's

////////////////ORIGINAL POSTER//////////////////////
Hey

I'm glad this post got some attention and what not.
I'm not looking for facts to prove it just wanted to see the conversation pan out.

Just making it clear that I do already know what you are telling me.

I know it's "obvious"

Carry On.

Yah someone mentioned that earlier, I'll have to look into it

muh patriarchy, men make laws, don't abide by them

It blows my fucking mind that people legitimately think jobs like the one on the right are going to eventually be automated

Okay let me break it down to toddler levels because I can see from your flag you aren't a bright one. That 0.72 cents on the dollar figure you have seen floating around is calculated by summing up all income of all women worldwide and all income by all men and diving one with the other.

As you can clearly see this number doesn't amount to anything because it doesn't account for anything as well. It doesn't account for career choices, it doesn't account for housewifes that just raise their kids its just a lump sum, a talking point, a propaganda bulletin. Once you compare wages in the same professions between men and women then largest differences in favor of men are closer to 5-9 cents, a figure that most attribute to the fact that men often negotiate more for their wages.

It's "false" because woman put it onto themselves.

>They don't negotiate wages during hiring process
>They undervalue their own work and worth
>They can't understand why someone who does the same work gets paid more, must be unfair and not on account of them actually asking for it and doing what the boss required be done to receive it
>Want everything to be fair and equal, without doing anything about it or doing anything different
>Expect to whine and cry about it to make new legislation, which just further constricts freedoms and equalities

Basically women are big babies that can't take initiative to getting a better pay. They just assume they can do whatever job Steve is doing and be making the same amount as Steve. Even though Steve had the initiative to go knock on Jim Boss's door and ask for more money, which is all it would've taken in the first place. Women can't ask/negotiate for shit with their rulers, they just piss and moan and stomp their feet like toddlers until someone else takes care of it for them.

The only reason the wage gap exists is because women allow it too and aren't more serious about their business dealings. They're willing to accept 70k/yr for a job that a man would try to negotiate up to 80k/yr, maybe even 90k/yr. When a chick gets a job offer, they call and set up a time to start work. When a man gets a job offer, they email/call back about it after amending it what they believe would be fair in their mind, and a negotiation ensues. Employer can't meet standards of male, male doesn't accept offer. Good luck watching a woman do that, they're weak. No, they shouldn't be protected because of it either, they should become stronger naturally as a result, or accept their plight.

forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2017/05/31/new-report-women-ceos-make-more-than-men/#3304b2ce2da9

:'(

Nice try
archive.is/08xOy

It's real, but it's real due to things like women leaving the companies for maternity leave.

For the past several decades, women kick mens' asses in terms of wages from when they're 20-30, and then they generally have kids, leave the companies, etc, and then men overtake them because they never stop working. So they are the ones who work their way up into the higher areas of their companies.

Thanks based nordbro

No way says Norway
Friendly reminder this is a diligent user and not a bot

>same work

Wanted to emphasis that when I meant same work, I meant same position in a career as another lackey in your giant mega corp type of company. Not actually same amount of productivity. As the type of productivity given by both is different according to who's perspective you're looking through, and yes through most of our perspectives (the logical one) men are more productive in the same roles.

They also know they are productive, and also know their worth, which is why they ask and negotiate for better compensation.

wage gap doesn't exist. earnings gap does. and female millenials make more than their male counterparts. be sure to add that

How does he do it? Is he a man? Is he a bot? Is he the omnipresent Barneyfag?

You're coming at this wrong. You're coming at it from the perspective of a petulant child.

The point of noticing the wage gap isn't to say "ooga booga men bad!" It's to ask "what is it that causes men to seek these professions, and women not to? And since they pay so much better, how do we create a world in which women seek them, too?"

It's not a blame game. It's an "identify problem, solve problem" game.

That's why the MGTOW get laughed out of every conversation. Because it's not about you.

Men work more overtime and more often on average. Women really only work to provide a good life for their kids. Honestly I don't see why we are trying to keep women from becoming mothers with feminism and this shitshow. Men and women have always had complementary roles this idea of equality is, to be blunt, stupid as hell.

I didn't really think of it like that, maybe because I am a petulant child.

Anyway, the rest of my classmates have been writing it as a "blame game". This is not helped by my teacher at all

If you want to show that the wage gap is false a very big statistic to toss in feminists face is wealth control.

businessinsider.com/women-now-control-more-than-half-of-us-personal-wealth-2015-4

Women control most wealth. But how can that be since women earn less? Simple, because society gives women shit for free. If the wage gap really was due to discrimination, this statistic would be impossible. It proves that what is actually happening is women earn less because they can get away with working less hours, taking less risks, and choosing less stressful careers.

Having a pussy grants them a bigger social safety net and once you account for this safety net women actually walk away with more money.

>>The point of noticing the wage gap isn't to say "ooga booga men bad!"

The problem is that's exactly what most feminists see it as.

>how do we create a world in which women seek them, too?"
Why tho? Why must women become engineers and men become nurses if that isn't what they want, and from census data we have seen that that is what they want from Canada to Norway to India? Every western attempt to put women into X man dominated profession (note never the opposite for some reason, and never in a male dominated but hard and unhealthy one) has failed miserably or at best has boosted the numbers slightly while the marketing campaign was in effect but backed down to normal levels afterwards.

This documentary has the basic jist of it down.
youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70

This pretty much. Women willingly take jobs that pay less. An apples to apples comparison between men and women in the same job shows a difference that is not statistically significant.

womin make 77%=factoid
womin make 77% for the same work + blatant lie
gg have fun with your F

Because it's being presented as men being paid more than women for the same jobs, when in reality it stems from women taking low-paid, low-stress jobs (often jobs with better security too).

>Ive seen a homeless man today, gave him a buck

>Later I have seen a homeless woman, I gave her 77 cents

It might be worth pointing out that they intentionally misrepresent the wage gap to push the cancerous ideology of equity.

engineering student here. *EVERY* girl in my class (no matter their grades) had blue chip companies showering them with prime offers and perks. if there's a gap in engineering and tech, it's against white and asian men

i encourage you to look up current high school and college and masters degree completion rates by gender. women are nearly 60% of all grads

There is still kind of a wage gap. It's usually around 5-10% depending on location and methodolody. So far no analysis has managed to produce a 0% wage gap although the number appears to decrease as the factors considered increase. Maybe you could approach it from that angle. Explain why the normal unadjusted number is way too large and find some studies that produce the actual value. You could also point out that unmarried childless women under 30 tend to outearn men and cite some studies that talk about that.

Remember, single women includes women recently divorced. You need to compare never married or number of years consecutively worked.

Fuckkkkkkk Use google and quit cluttering pol up with bullshit

if you had super expensive humanoid robots maybe

Yea they obviously do. If you're risking your health it's usually for decent compensation. Otherwise noone would do these jobs.

youtube milton friedman and thomas sowell then steal their arguments then google some data

Where is the Meme War II Command Thread?

how is it even a problem. it's possible, even likely, that women as a collective are simply inferior

It's not a wage gap it's an earnings gap.

It's not for the same job, it lobs pediatricians with surgeons that are always on call.

It does not account for career choices.

You picked the wrong side bruh. The gap is very real and getting worse, try asking anyone with a economics background?

why

just to what end. it can't be just fucking virtue signaling

go back 2 aol oldfag

Retired. Woman. Engineer. Successful. White.
Married really great guy after the last ice age.
Had kids.
His career as athletic coach allowed a more open schedule. He did PTA, dentist visits. I worked.
Managed a large engineering department by the end of my career.
A few women worked for me. Tried to play me with the "...can't work nights, weekends, need time off for kids stuff, you understand, blah, blah..."
I was a bitch about it. Got sent to HR when I told one of them to stop always trying to play me, it was not my problem that she picked the wrong career...or the wrong marriage.

As you can see, I have the mentality of an engineer. I agree completely with you and resent women who go into engineering for the wrong reasons. But some - a few - have the right mind set.

Good luck.