Why aren't people going into trades...

Why aren't people going into trades, in the states the amount of trades in demand right now is ridiculous you have less people going into them and more people still believing that any college degree will make them bank and half of them still end up working shitty retail jobs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPuI_pbCYOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People are. I'm a lapidary.

because manual labor is for unintelligent apes

I was in honors classes in high school. Often we'd have people come into class representing random colleges and go "hurr durr don't want to wind up working a blue collar job do ya?" They instilled mind poison into my generation. No wonder so many millennials can't cope with the real world.
Also am I alone in this? Did anyone else who took AP and Honors courses have college reps come in and basically shit talk blue collar workers?

Because these jobs are either viewed as to physically intense for spoiled millennials. Or are not as luxurious and actually require having some sort of discernible skill other then having your parents money to waste.
If the University I go to now wasn't paying for 100% of my school, I wouldn't even bother and would instead just go into welding or some other shit.

nope im also mind poisoned
they did this on purpose so they could import a bunch of beaners to replace us they sold out their children for people who won't question them. how sad is that? that s what our teachers and adults did to all of us.

Nice b8 fag
Here's your (you)

Because it's very important for The Economy for literally everyone to take out $30,000 in loans to go on a 5-year University vacation where they pretend to "work" and "learn".

That's exactly why you have so many fucking unprepared people in society now days in the states, everyone who's in college right now is losing time and money all because they think a piece of paper is gonna make them rich. In fact half of the jobs in the states don't really care of you have a degree or not and half of the time the people who go to college end up working for people who didn't go to school and are more successful then them, blue collar jobs make big money but no one wants to be a plumber cartpenter, weldier etc, so for that reason no young person will know what hard work is really like therefore you have so many stuck up faggots in society who wine and complain.

This actually pisses me off quite a bit, they knew damn well what they were doing. No wonder male enrollment is dropping.

this is bait but i'll bite, only miners are actual manual back breaking labor
Electricians, Welders, Car mechanics, barely lift anything heavy at all and they are making much much more than college fags and also debt free
a Underwater Welder can earn up to 80k a year, a sweet deal i'll tell you.

MFW disgusting forced diversity photos

> Woman
> construction worker

HAHAHA

I remember sitting in high school and everyone telling me i needed a 4 year degree to be sucessful, well I spent 4 years and 20k for a degree that i ended up hating, so im headed back to get FF/EMT cerftication that will cost me 1/3 of my degree and take less than 1/4 the time

>Why aren't people going into trades
Trades is the next to get the chopping block after service industry jobs are automated. Face it, the only people winning in the future are business owners.

being a blue collar worker is honorable if thats the peak of your capability.

Me, i am changing the world through cryptocurrency development, not installing pipes for some jew sandnigger's toilet.

i don't see a robot being able to do underwater welding anytime soon
also Car mechanic, robots are far away from getting the sensibility to unscrew small screws precisely and fitting into tight places, this automation thing will fuck over retail way way before, and who is in retail? that's right college graduates.

I dropped out of college after one year, came up with a fraudulent resume, and snuck my way into a Marketing career.

No one suspected a damn thing, the whole time. There's literally nothing a college education contributes to (((Marketing))). Any idiot can do it if they're in the right place at the right time.

Now my drop out ass is hiring interns who have masters degrees. Lmao what a scam. Ancap forever

What study can I pursue while I'm working, trade or not? I have an office job with sometimes hours of free time where I watch WWII docs off my flash drive. I'd rather spend that time toward something productive if I can. I have an old Bus Admin AS from 10 years ago but I don't think that's enough to get me a specialization/job security.

Trades haven't always been such good money. They're sensitive to supply and demand like any other good or service. So today a plumber might be out-earning a professor, but tomorrow he could have a shitty wage in an over saturated market, oh and have to be elbow deep in shit just to get by.

The trades being so well paid won't last forever.

cierra el hocico pendejo.
seguro eres tan inutil que no puedes ni cambiar un foco en tu propia casa.

this kind of burrito language should be an insta ban

>Why aren't people going into trades
Where the fuck do you live that they aren't? Everyone I know seems to have a relative/friend in a trade.

>in the states the amount of trades in demand right now is ridiculous

No longer pays well in comparison to expenses required to live in most cities thanks to mass immigration. No retirement now that the unions are dying. Serious risk of permanent injury. Get to work with/for braindead douches, hotheads, druggies and outright assholes.

Wouldn't advise anyone to go into most trades right now. Welding, electricians and a few other specialty trades are the only ones with any real future. Those require formal training and the right connections to land your first job and stay in the business.

t. guy who fell for the "learn a trade" meme and now deals with chronic pain and nerve damage

>chronic pain and nerve damage
What happened?

Because even if we did get into trade, Mexicans would steal it.

You've never worked on a car

>beaner trying to get the white man to work so he can sleep

>a Underwater Welder

yeah i'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of underwater welding jobs just waiting to be filled.

trades don't pay well enough for most people to live on a job site in a trailer shitting in a portajohn in 0 degree weather half the year. you guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about, none of you have lived that life, and most people don't want to live it because it fucking sucks.

you wanna hobble around like you're 90 by the time you're 40? go work with your hands, and cripple yourself for the rest of your life, dumb shits.

>female construction worker/carpenter
Hahaha I wouldn't hire that unless she was outrageously cheap or came with sex.

There's no more incentive. Expensive investments is the /only/ way to to gain more later on. What that seems like is a popular ponzi scheme hellbent on destroying the work ethic of humans.
I honestly believe that public and private education are no good for society. Both shift the focus of learning to different purposes, like gaining property, rights with monetary value, status, ect. Intended outcomes do not factor for unintended circumstances. Another thing that McLiberal(TM) education does to societies is it shifts the focus of the family unit. Traditionally, mothers raise their children from infancy, to pre-adulthood. After the child turns a certain age (or is ready mentally/physically), the father is responsible for teaching them the proper skills to apply their first look at knowledge to the real world, under his more experienced guidance. Obviously, both parents must be present during the entirety of upbringing (arguably into their adult years maybe), but the earliest parts of your life are the most critically important to who you can, and will become.

Mexicans can't do shit besides pour concrete and frame toolsheds and garages, they're worthless bottom-of-the-barrel garbage that anyone can easily compete with in the real world. The only people Mexicans are taking jobs from are agricultural labourers (dumbass pseudo-serfs that pick vegetables and shovel cow shit) and low-skill general labourers.

You don't need to worry about Mexicans if you're becoming an electrician because nobody wants their fucking houses to burn down.

Computer science degrees are always useful, especially considering how fast technology advances. Learn to code.

>pour concrete and frame toolsheds and garages

Doing those things are "trades."

i haven't, but i have seen people do it, you need a lot of flexibility and precision, one thing is for a robot to flip burgers, another is to fix complex engine systems in tight spaces.

>low-skill general labourers.
Emphasis on low skilled user, you also forget most of them are shitty landscapers.

Wrong. Learn to code like an Indian so I can come in and fix the code for 30k.

That's what I'm saying, actual tradesmen are not being put out of work by Mexicans because trades require skill and experience, neither of which any illegal shitskin reliably possesses.

Nigger, underwater welding isn't lifting 50kg weights on your back all day
you won't wobble nigger
it's exercise, but not back breaking
Office job sedentary lifestyle is much more dangerous and harmful to your body it leads to obesity, and obesity causes dozens of diseases.

>trades require skill and experience

Lol, this fucking meme.

Anybody can perform a trade after a week's worth of on-the-job training (same goes for white collar jobs, too, desu).

I've always been told that I have a great voice for radio, and I'd really like to give it a go, and potentially try my hand at voice acting as well in the future.
Is there a good school or trade school I can go to for this? I was thinking something like broadcasting, but there's so much fucking shit to shift through, it's hard to tell what would end up being worth my time

because (((universities))) pushed propaganda that those professions make shit money (they actually pay very well) and that the only way to succeed is to go to college.

There's so many people out there wanting to work. Why does everyone assume that there are 30 dollar and hour jobs just lying around? They're fucking not. The world is shit, there's too many people. There are no jobs.

Certainly has nothing to do with your people flooding across the border to do the job for cash under the table, driving down wages.

No one ever went into the actual classrooms. They did show up to do meetings and college fairs - I remember the counselor saying she was "disappointed" when I said that I either wanted to pursue a career in the trades or the military.

they hold the sign that says stop and on the other side is says slow, they are workin gals

>Anybody can perform a trade after a week's worth of on-the-job training
Waiting for some boomer in a minivan to come pick you up from a Home Depot parking lot to work on his new deck is not working a trade, and with a week's worth experience that's all you're going to get.

>hiring your future replacements

over here it's because it's tougher than an office job, pays less and is generally seen as something for the lower class which no one wants to belong to
the wages won't rise because there's always barely enough poles and other foreigners who will do the job for less money, but not enough so they can take over the whole business
that being said, I am a stonemason and enjoy it, but it's hard work
the colleagues are nice though and they're all at least somewhat redpilled

Exactly. They threaten you and your family by saying "well if you don't get a degree you'll wind up in a shitty job and possibly homeless". It's a rather Jewish way of scamming you out of thousands of dollars, but it works, and it works great.

College administrators are no better than Wall street investors - they make millions off of an inelastic good. Soon it will be $500,000 to put your kid through college, and people will still be doing it.

>MUH UNDERWATER WELDING
I see you in every thread about trades.

Leaf here is right. Plumbing, HVAC, or electric is a good bet. Anything that requires some degree of technical knowledge the spics can't compete in. Just be ready for some shitty conditions depending on where you live.

This. I worked some pretty tough jobs like dishwashing, construction, warehouse, and manual labor gigs on craigslist, when I was 18 because all the easy jobs like retail, customer service jobs required you to be lucky or a normie with a network of friends to get you in the door now I'm 21 almost finished with my apprenticeship and about to make 55k a year when I do finish a tough and dangerous job but after wash dishes everything else feels like heaven on earth.

Do you realize how fucking dangerous underwater welding is?

Finance is easier on the body and earns me more money.

OP or anyone, can you tell me where I can get work as a newbie welder? I only have a few tickets and no practical experience outside of school which is the main problem. Everyone wants at least two years of experience.

>t. George Soros

We need tradesmen
We need white collar workers

Supporting them isn't mutually exclusive, don't get divided down blue vs white collar lines like the powers that be want you to be.

t. White collar Software engineer who is friends with two welders and a plumber

Because they're fucking lazy.

But it pays REALLY WELL which is why I'd like to do it.

Because I fell for the Chanology meme, and graduated as a computer engineer 4 years ago.

I thought I would learn how to hack niggas, I was retarded.

I'm just a 21 year old trying to be an analyst, not a fucking 100 year old jew

I bet they talk mad shit about what a faggot you are.

Should I go into Software Development, Business Administration/Finance, or become an Electrician?

Should I go pursue an auto mechanic career? I remember hearing something about how it'll soon become obsolete since the cars will be running on computers.

Don't know if that was just college (((propaganda))) or not but I've always wanted to work on cars. Any advice on how to get started?

Software dev with a business admin focus.

Tech management is very well paid, high status, has strong ladder potential and allows you to consider starting your own business easily.

But user, working in trade for the majority of your life sounds like a absolute fucking meme.
> Not owning a business, even better starting up a trade company

>"You stay fit!"
nah

Depends.

Miners run machines. You stupid niggers really don't have any job experience do you? They have remote-controlled giant cars from Total Recall that you stand next to and mine coal with, and another machine called a Longwall that is a giant track with a seat and blade that one guy sits in and rides back and forth, shearing off coal all day. Then there are roof bolters that stand in a machine bolting metal grate to the ceiling and walls, and scoop operators that basically drive a crazy variant of dump truck/forklift all day. The only real physical jobs are on the shovel crew which drive around and shovel up coal that's spilled off the massive conveyor belt, and those are new guy jobs until you get put on a mining section. The only people that do that permanently are the bosses that run the crews.

You're also dumb as fuck if you imagine that they're dangerous jobs. There are multiple mines around where I live, and all of them have had less than 3 deaths in the past 20 years. One of them has never had a single person die from work-related accidents in it's 35 years of operation. You morons are imagining like fucking rednecks with canaries and pickaxes. Many MANY more truck drivers are killed every year than people have ever died in modern coal mines.
>unless you live in China

Been friends with two of them since I was in high school, so probably not. Not all software engineers look like pic related. I mean sure we all give each other shit but there's no animosity between us

also, make sure that you know how computers work. become an expert in computer, keyboard, mouse, and computerkeyboard.

Is being a contractor a good start out of highschool and working at lowes so I get to meet a few and ive been offered around 16.50 and hour with 1.50 raise a year but I was told it's very hard work

>tfw work in concrete
Can confirm that this trade is full of Mexicans. Out of 45 people on the job site I'm working on, only 6 are white.

Same.
I'm an engineer and I work with technicians who make about 85% of my salary with a two year degree. And honestly I think I'd be happier doing the work they do. In many ways (like actual operation, maintenance, etc), they know much more than engineers.
Skilled trades would be honorable. High school gave me the impression that blue collar work was literal slave labor and banging stones together.

Because there are still barriers to entry, Pablo. It's hard to be an apprentice if you're older than 24 years of age, as the employer doesn't get kickbacks from taking you on.

And your salary will continue to rise it won't just always be 55k a year, you could go back to school later in life if you really waned to and pay for the classes out of your own pocket. Or you could start your own business later and make even more since people who start bussnies in the trades like plumbing and that tend to do good, it just boggles my mind why the fuck people don't think of this but the only reason I can think of is most young people don't want to any type of manuel labor for years since all of them were told at a young age they were always different from everyone else when in fact their not and that's one of the reasons you have so many whiny faggots in the states.

This is true, but even in those jobs, a hardworking english-speaking white guy can outperform a beaner any day.
I used to paint, surrounded by beaners, but surpassed them all within a few months and was making $20 an hour within a year.

You couldn't work construction either, flabbyarms.

Currently a Bus Admin major with a concentration in Finance, But I think I may swap out to Computer and Information Systems and try to become a Software Engineer.

Seems like there's actually more money potential in Software Development than management, and it seems less draining on your soul, with potential to be a creative thing.

If I stay as a Business major I plan to work for the Government in Public Administration or something like that, probably just anything I can get. Definitely been looking at government jobs though.

Anybody?

Because people are told from childhood and on into adulthood that it's flipping burgers or going to college, and most trades are hard on a man.

The mammarian monster in OPs pic

What's wrong with that? Division of labor is efficient. Maybe they aren't flawless plumbers or HVAC techs but they can outwork you.

Look at apprenticing or see if they have a program at your local community college. Most do, and it's like 8-12 weeks which should get you enough experience to get in the door with someone.

Welding is one of the best professions to get into and pays fucking great.

i think it has to do with the feminization of men in general, we have never been so faggy, so sensitive, men are willing to go 100k into debt to flip burgers than doing a skilled well paying trade.
another reason is, Trades isn't Instagrameable
it's pays well, but it's not fancy, and people want to give this impression on social media.

It's more about high-risk high-reward personalities

I went to college because I thought it would be lucrative long-term, with higher odds of a big break.

Hasn't really paid off a few years out, but I still have a solid 30+ years for it to.

Nothing wrong with wanting to do software development but CIS is a meme degree that will get you nowhere. Do proper CS.

>Not instagrammable
Wear your safety glasses folks

School doesn't offer CS, thought I could get software jobs with a CIS degree if I knew my shit?

Real glasses have saved me like that before. I switched to frames permanently after that, leaving my boxes of contacts on the shelf indefinitely.

Because trades are littered with boomers who will never retire because they are poor fags and somehow immortal

cant find apprentice ships anymore, its a 2 sided thing, bosses dont wanna pay and have a learner on hand only for them to fuck off for mine work after the years and money put into them, and kids dont want to work for under minimum wage for shit job. that and a massive oversupply of unemployed people that already have done their apprenticeship so no need to train up more

Good post, but
youtube.com/watch?v=gPuI_pbCYOI

You can. And more importantly than knowing your shit, build a portfolio now. Throw up everything you have on GitHub. Make a website with like WordPress and explain some concept with example code. You'll get offers you didn't ask for.

Also, move to a tech hub. Seattle, Dallas, LA/Bay area.

Salaries plummet as you radiate from those regions. What would yield 120k in those cities will get you about 50-60k anywhere else.

Safety glasses tan turns women on in Texas. All shades and all creeds.

Yeah whatever, tell people their whole lives they need to do something to be successful and most people will buy into it, that is what it comes down to.

Trades pay decently, supposing you can get on somewhere with benefits and all. They'll cripple you though.

>Electricians, Welders, Car mechanics, barely lift anything heavy at all

Confirmed for zero experience in any of the above trades.

I've done industrial maintenance including electrical work, welded (stick, MIG/FCAW and a little TIG) and built vehicles from wrecks for a used car lot.

No. If you want to go mechanics go into diesel mechanics.

Have you ever been to a site? Or been involved in a trade outside of walking through a home Depot? 1 week of training will get you as far as getting your safety certs, a walk through on a site, and if you're lucky they'll tell you how a light switch works. Go troubleshoot and repair a 350' tower crane with a full concrete load swinging in the air above a couple hundred men, no prints, manufactured in Germany and recerted for the US then sold to a canadian in the middle of -30C and 60k gusts. Every hour is around $10k loss for the customer. Go do that on a week's training you mong.