The old CNN

I remember in 2003 watching the Iraq war begin on live television with Wolf Blitzer reporting on it. It was the comfiest feel ever. We watched hundreds of missiles fall on the Iraqi capital live on TV.

The battle starts at 36:34
youtu.be/f7iorfwcmeY?t=36m34s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kyLyGXQUIo0?t=3m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=DHSkK30GMJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2yuKXgLbiOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cnn shills are this desperate
>l-look at what we used to be!
Your network is no better than a mid 2000's reality TV show.

I was in high school and believe by 2017 Iraq would be the 51st US state and a civilized democracy.

looks fuckin boring

Everybody loved Bush.

>Major I need you to strike these coordinates
>Sir it's a vacant lot
>The CNN camera is across the street Major
>Yes sir

I was 13, on vacation with my parents, staying in a hotel room at the time. Super comfy.

The last time Baghdad had reliable electricity and clean streets.

>r-r-remember the good times g-g-goyim?
CNN you dun fucked up pretty bad this time

The time when you live streamed the creation of isis

poor Saddam.

I'm just saying it was entertaining guys

About 6 months post invasion CNN did a report about all the Iranians operating in Iraq. This was before anyone ever heard of the Mahdi Army.

For what? Oil? To destabilize another tyrant? To wave our dicks? To get closer to taking out the Sauds? ... Fuck CNN and their enabling. They lied to us all. There were no WMDs. You were comfy watching those twin towers fall too, weren't you faggot? Comfortable from your own home or class room as those poor unwitting bastards had the world crash down upon their heads? The people that went to work every day, trying to make a difference? The people that jumped hundreds of feet to their deaths, in a futile attempt to escape the blazing inferno? So many times we've laughed about it because of how tragic it truly was but deep down inside, we're all fucking pissed it happened because it fucking shouldn't have. But it wasn't just Iraq, it was Afghanistan, it was Libya, now it's Syria. Every single time, the same fucking thing. We rush to the aid of some literal-who rebels we know nothing about because they tell us their government is genociding their people, with zero evidence other than bodies that haven't been autopsied. Were you aware that Ghadafi was a fucking saint? He had so much gold, he could have made Africa into one of the most rich and powerful continents in the world. He used his wealth and power to give housing and free medical to his people. He created a man-made river and irrigation system that was considered impossible and once finished, was registered by Guinness as a modern marvel. All he was guilty of was caring and we fucking killed him because his power threatened the USD. Face it, it's always most comfortable when you're sleeping and unaware of what's really going on in the world.

Fake news.

You dumb fuck.

Israel attacked the USA on 9/11, The proof: youtu.be/kyLyGXQUIo0?t=3m23s Just google it!

Whatever libfag, your leftist pasta sucks. Fuck CNN but fuck mudslimes too..

You are now aware You where watching the bombing of civilians.

I never say it didn't, I wouldn't even know. But I did find watching a war against a country with a real army and dictator entertaining

A Dictator???? Are we talking about the same person?

The Guy that gave his people freedom from international banking cartels? Was a Dictator in your eyes?

>ywn watch shock and awe live with Sup Forums

Also reflecting on it, it's a real fucking tragedy. Iraq was a nice country before this. You can literally hear the battle of Mosul start in the video and it's been in a state of perpetual war since.

For real you should atleast google shit before you open your dumb fucking mouth.

youtube.com/watch?v=DHSkK30GMJQ

>2003

Just started high school that year. Seems like not even that long ago.

Pay attention the subtle language like how "chemical weapons program" became the didn't have a "active CW program. The same will happen with North Korea. Bait and switch.

T_D drinks cum straight from the tap.

>U.S. invades Iraq because Israel wanted it
>no other reason
>no wmds
>OP sucking Cnn's dick for televising missile strikes

Sounds like you love cut kike dick in your mouth you faggot.

I was a junior in high school. It doesn't feel like 14 fucking years ago..

Where did the time go?
Jesus I've been on this god forsaken website since spring 2006

Highest literacy in the Middle East. Functioning railway network. The electricity worked.

Guess who must go now because they are Iran's nuclear weapons factory.

But user, basically every news network covered the Iraq war. Its war, of course you get comfy feel.

Why would Israel want the US to invade Iraq?

Actually you, and most of us, will probably be part of the next "Shock and awe." I can't imagine the feel of shooting a Russian soldier and then finding Sup Forums memorabilia somewhere on his person.

CNN went to Hell when Ted Turner sold it.

this senpai

Dude, this is literally the start of the war on live television, on mainstream media. You can see the Iraqis pitifully fire their AA into the air and then they get obliterated by Tomahawks

We should all carry pepes.

I remember they immediately started asking the question: "Is this war like Vietnam?"

Within 3 months they had changed their line to: "This war is like Vietnam."

A small semantic shift, after they had already psychologically primed their audience to believe it.

CNN were fucking villains in 2003. We should have burned their building to ashes long before now.

I was thinking getting swastikas tattooed on our arms, but yea, I guess that works too.

Tfw can barely remeber anything before 9/11.

I literally remember everything from the week it happened though, everybody was watching the news all day. OP's image makes me feel uncomfortable. These fucks lied for 15 years and nobody was arrested or killed except our soldiers and arabs (many CHRISTIAN).

Imagine being a scum sucking moehommad worshiping haji in Iraq in 2003.

Imagine knowing there's this all powerful enemy out there and he's coming for you. And he's going to fuck you up. And there's nothing you can do about it.

What must have gone through the minds of those creatures?

I like to think they suffered in terror before meeting a horrible fate.

>CNN prepared for "invasion" like good little goyim
>sitting in hardened positions
>knowing exactly where the bombs are going to fall
>having the cameras setup beforehand on bomb targets
RIGGED! Fucking Jews rig everything.

Nothing was as comfy as watching the camera feed of planes bombing serbian munitions dumps from the confines of booth seating at the local hardees

Skip to 40:50 for the bombs.

>Remember when #1 Terror of World - bombed a country that wasn't Saudi-Arabia or Shitsrael?
I DO!

>. These fucks lied for 15 years and nobody was arrested or killed except our soldiers
Um Michael Moore exposed how the media changed their tune by 2004.

None of that shit is leftist, you stupid fucking imbecile. The leftists you're accusing that guy of being consider all of that conspiracy theory. They don't know anything about petrodollar warfare or Gaddafi's plan to implement gold-backed non-Rothschild currency. Fucking kill yourself, you're making the rest of Sup Forums look bad.

The media, first to start a war and then first to gin up an anti-war movement. Good for ratings.

Iktfb, I've only been here since end of summer 2011 though.

Now it's a power vaccumb. Mark my words, if another attack hits the US as bad as 9/11 there will be another invasion worse than Iraq somewhere in the ME.

That's absolutely true. That's a good enough reason in my book to kill all of them. They want people to die so they can profit.

they were fucking faggots back then too you just don't remember because you were a faggot back then and of course their Iraq coverage was good because there was nothing to spin, just this is what's happening right now.

Is there a way to get any stories from war time? Where CNN said there are WMD's in Iraq?

That will burn liberals because they like to hate on Bush so much (I detest him too) and if their favourite channel was pro-war then they'll have a breakdown

I searched (((Google))) archives and there was only one story but that was from nytimes in december 2003. Any other expert try?

Israel benefited from the power vacuum left when Sadam was brought down. As it is benefiting from the war in Syria. Every State is engaged in perpetual competition against others to secure resources, technology, better trade deals, etc.
Israel maintains its position of Regional power by desestabilising neighbour States. Its in her interest that war keeps going on in the middle east, as it will prevent other states to challenge Israel.
Thats why they are always memeing the Iranians as a threat.

This shit is just as much propaganda as CNN's regular programming today. You kids are so bafflingly stupid

Not really, they were taking out AA emplacements and military assets. The civilian deaths happened more once the Insurgency started.

>there will be another invasion worse than Iraq somewhere in the ME.
Probably Iran and we'll get our shit handed to us.

I didn't see or hear a single missile.

I think for this reason Israel will never allow another powerful Arab Nationalist to rise and sort out their countries shit.

If you actually believe we will lose a conventional war in the middle east than you are truly retarded.

I've been confused about the Iraq War since the beginning. I remember that Saddam Hussein agreed to comply but the US invaded anyway, and no WMDs were ever found.

Can someone give me the lowdown on the real reason the US started the Iraq War?

I'm sure the events in this clip fucked up an entire generation. The people who were kids will remember it when they're 90.

Ha! Stupid fuck. I knew it was going to be another Vietnam and it was.

>americans still defend the iraq war

Define winning. Iraq doesn't look like victory.

No, we'll do fantastic on the initial invasion as we always do when it comes to backwards sand holes, but the real fun begins when the military is wiped out and the US military steps in for a while to quell the Islamic extremists. Then we leave and a terror group starts, but we don't have to deal with nuclear threats anymore.

Al Mawt Li Amerika for still defending this shit

The good old days, eh. Hey sorry about Turdeau giving that Guantanamo terrorist $10 million. And on July 4th of all days! Almost like he wanted to tell all the people like you to go fuck yourself.

Why shouldn't we, praise Kek? We killed a pile of muzzies and didn't afraid of anything.

After 9/11 the US public was very anti-terrorism and Saddam was paying a reward to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. IMO this reason was on par with chemical weapons.

We found buried sarin gas canisters, and Syria got the rest. It's not hard to figure out that Saddam was still stockpiling chemical weapons illegally, and not hard to figure out that Bush just wanted to finish his daddy's war.

That's because Iraq was a war started for no reason. We thought the attacks were carried out by the country instead of a rogue terrorist faction.

And why a "Greater Israel" is not so far fetched either. By becoming a State, the jews have entered the Game of Thrones and forced to think Long Term. That could well be their "victory Condition" so to speak.

>implying saddam did anything wrong
US was fucked then and its only slightly less fucked now.

>on par with chemical weapons

you mean nonsense, I agree

>look how comfy we are goy!

So we have to invade them because they don't have nuclear weapons yet. What happens when they actually have nuclear weapons? Will that keep us out or will we have to have nuclear exchange because freedom.

>Saddam was paying a reward to the families of suicide bombers in Israel.
I also remember that around this time there was a suicide bombing in Israel almost every week. They finally built a wall and ended the bombings. I didn't know Saddam was compensating the families, thanks user.

Iraq got fucked simply because Saddam wanted to drop the dollar and take control over his central bank to create a gold backed Dinar. Sounds familiar.....

Practically everyone I knew was calling BS on the neocons pushing Iraq. We all knew it was a terrible idea, they weren't responsible, and ousting Saddam would leave a power vacuum fucking up the region for decades.
Shockingly that's exactly what happened.

Only because we left it before we rebuilt it completely but we did completely destroy and disband their armed forces and execute their leader and occupy their country for at least 8 years so I wouldn't say it was a loss. What does a victory look like in your opinion?

The problem is not winning a conventional war, it's what comes after. It is literally impossible for the armed forces of a 21st century Western democracy to suppress a native insurgency.

For what? Oil? To destabilize another tyrant? To wave our dicks? To get closer to taking out the Sauds? ... Fuck CNN and their enabling. They lied to us all. There were no WMDs. You were comfy watching those twin towers fall too, weren't you faggot? Comfortable from your own home or class room as those poor unwitting bastards had the world crash down upon their heads? The people that went to work every day, trying to make a difference? The people that jumped hundreds of feet to their deaths, in a futile attempt to escape the blazing inferno? So many times we've laughed about it because of how tragic it truly was but deep down inside, we're all fucking pissed it happened because it fucking shouldn't have. But it wasn't just Iraq, it was Afghanistan, it was Libya, now it's Syria. Every single time, the same fucking thing. We rush to the aid of some literal-who rebels we know nothing about because they tell us their government is genociding their people, with zero evidence other than bodies that haven't been autopsied. Were you aware that Ghadafi was a fucking saint? He had so much gold, he could have made Africa into one of the most rich and powerful continents in the world. He used his wealth and power to give housing and free medical to his people. He created a man-made river and irrigation system that was considered impossible and once finished, was registered by Guinness as a modern marvel. All he was guilty of was caring and we fucking killed him because his power threatened the USD. Face it, it's always most comfortable when you're sleeping and unaware of what's really going on in the world.

>pew pew pew
>machine gun bullets grazing your ear
>you're the last man fighting
>Russians charging over the battleground towards you
>pew pew pew
>you fall to the ground and begin bleeding out
>Russian soldiers advance into your trenches
>th-this is it
>you get a better glance at their helmets
>"born to feel" etched onto them
>cough "R-Reeeeeeeeee" cough "REEEEEEEE!" Ack
>your fellow soldiers join you
>suddenly the trenches are filled with the sound of angry frogs from both sides
>wake up in a hospital and talk about memes with your brothers

Mcfucking killyourself you dumb burger/jew.

>I remember in 2003 watching the Iraq war begin on live television with Wolf Blitzer reporting on it. It was the comfiest feel ever. We watched hundreds of missiles fall on the Iraqi capital live on TV

The anti-war left must have shifted the Overton window successfully before they died off. Watching Brian Willaims slow stroke it when Trump sent all those missiles into Syria was probably the worst feel I've ever had. In 2003, when I was still a kid, yeah, I unrionically thought we were there for justice. Top kek. Thanks for this blackpill OP. You faggot.

Fuck CNN and fuck zog people.

I remember Listening to "bombs over Baghdad" by Outcast during that show!

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post

>Thinking that the invasion of Iraq wasn't the beginning of the end.
>"Killed a pile of muzzies"
My brain is fucking melting

Please watch

The old CNN worked hard at promoting war.

Now they're dealing with blow back.

Quit acting like CNN is truth people! youtube.com/watch?v=2yuKXgLbiOI We need a Christian owned news station that's Zionist free.

Fuck off, Betaberg. CNN, Islam, and Liberals are garbage but nothing compared to the kikery that is afoot behind the scenes. You know nothing.
>Join message board
>Reading is hard
>Shitpost mid 2000 era memes instead

The end of what? The muzzies? For a pile of them it was.

jesus what college where you accepted into?

Anyone remember Peter Arnett ? Yeah, that was funneh.

These evil tyrants who bring stability and wealth to the Middle East must be replaced by our superior democracies and free press. Liberty and justice for all!

It does still on base

Totally true, it was a bunch of Jew terrorists that masterminded 9/11, in fact when raiding Osama bin laden's hideout they found him wearing a funny jew hat while checking his stocks right before they shot him!