Its Happening!! 5.8 Magnitude earthquake in Montana

Hold on to your butts gentlemen. The sleeping giant is awakening

Other urls found in this thread:

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhalant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How would it affect Michigan?

Americans. Programmed to salivate for the next big thing. Like kids who've had too much sugar. There's never enough stimulation for Americans, never enough reasons to dramatise and shit their pants

*yawn* wake me up when we get 100 5.0+ quakes within 24 hours.

is it close enough to Yellowstone to be relevant?

You're going back to Missoula...

Ben "Six million more" Garrison lives there!

1-3 inches of volcanic ash. Main problem would be refugess from out west, im guessing.

Probably not. Im just shitposting

Which autist created that image?

500 miles below surface level still a solid earth crust? roflmao

>5.8
Manletquake

5.8, who gives a fuck; I've slept through a couple of those. Call me and ill give a fuck around 7.0

No.

if we take in refugees we can put them in the blast zone

(((you)))

only the core is liquid retard

when yellowstone finishes its eruption, that where they will make their move by bringing a lot of refugees to the west

Digits and we are in for a happening!

this week without a new episode has been rough on /tpg/, hasn't it

>5.8
hahahaha

>frog education
Mantle is molten, core is solid.

I meant outter core

well faggot you don't tell them you're just shitposting

>fuck me what happened to this place?

Whom are you quoting?

>Mantle is molten
Are you retarded?
Like in genuinely mentally impaired?

Prove that that graphic means anything. We haven't sent probes deep enough to have any idea what is going on in the mantle, let alone the inner and outer core

>in b4 "it's been proven"

I'm quoting the 400lbs hacker known as Sup Forums
>fuck off SHITLORD

nice no source

Lurk more user you're embarrassing yourself.

on purpose faggot
>lurking circa 2012

yeah because the study of sismic's waves propagation is not enough to prove what is liquid and what is rigid fucking nazi

All it needs is one perfect quake to open a fissure to the magma chamber (which they recently realized was bigger than they thought). When the pressure drops all the dissolved gasses come out at once like a shaken beer.

We all gonna die?

How exactly will the resulting ash cloud effect the atmosphere? Potential global dimming > one year night > dead crops > world famine?

there was 15 + earthquakes in the same area within the past 10 hours
earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

What is on the exact opposite side of the globe?

>5.8
>happening
why are you burgers such pussies to earthquakes?

Y'all know earthquakes are extremely common in much of the world, yeah? I'm begging desperately for the end as much as the next guy but let's not kid ourselves.

Fatality. We'd have no breathable air (sulfuric), no drinkable water (acidic mud in your taps), and limited egress.

t. State FEMA

Probably like the 535 event;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536

Yellowstone is partially in Montana, so they're hyping up the yellowstone supervolcano bullshit again

nothing burger.

This!
There are other mayor volcanoes, just as large, even in the US that are much more active than YS.
Long Valley Caldera, for example.

Tits or gtfo

Felt it. Was dope. The tinfoil prepper fags are probably going nuts, despite the fact that if Yellowstone erupted they would be vaporized instantly no matter what they tried to do.

Hopefully the lava shoots up so high that it skips the Midwest and falls on all the confederate States

But how would it be different?

It would not be this bad this far out.
We would have refugees from out west, but the midwest wpuld need to wear masks to breath for a few weeks and maybe an investment to water purifying plants in municipalities across the midwest but the air would not be sulfuric that far away from the eruption.

But none of that's real as the local earthquakes basically alleviate pressure on the volcano, not the reverse.

If it goes off we lose commiefornia, las vegas, and oregon and washington.

in 10 years the land covered in ash will be some of the most fertile on the planet. We could subsidize grain and litterally become an even bigger super power while destroying bastions of the lefties. at the same time, surviving lefties will get a dose of the real world and will most likely be red pilled by their experience as the local nig nogs and hispanics will be raping and pillaging and white will be defending their lives.

Honestly no downside
Supervolcano 2020

>missoulaposting on Sup Forums

Truly the greatest timeline

>he hasn't watched The Core movie

>france posting
Ahmed, the molten lava comes from the mantle. its liquid.

Stop memeing this it is never going to erupt

>Missoula posting ever

That place needs to be buried by time and forgotten , desu.

Statistically untrue.

Your mum makes bigger quakes than that when she gets out of bed you poof.

Cologne?

It's nothing

>Mantle is molten
>t. ignorant retard

parts of the mantle are plastic, but the outer core is more viscous. Also
>molten
is completely meaningless in this context.

>It's like totally fucking happening.
>For reelz this time.
>MREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

"There have been more than 70 quakes measuring larger than 4.5 in Montana and parts of Wyoming and Idaho since 1925, according to the USGS. The largest quake in state history was magnitude 7.2 in 1959 near west Yellowstone."

I'm still sweeping the fucking ash off my roof from that '59 apocalypse. - Grandpa Me

tectonic plates are a hoax

Never thought of it like that, well done sir.

wat???

>I need to see an iPhone video of something to believe it and you're lucky if I don't call it fake

TFW Pops would bring home a bunch of MRE's every weekend - those fucking omelettes tho.

you are Statistically untrue.

Guessing the provided nigger-fuel in gif related.

story?

>parts of the mantle is plastic

Kek what the fuck do they teach in your schools

Sir that behavior will not be tolerated after the super volcano erupts.

gasoline, glue, or something highly flammable. Look at the shitskin on the right, he's sniffing something from a bag.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhalant

in this context plastic means it has a high degree of flexibility without breaking, but its still not fluid

I think they sprayed too much hairspray in the car then it erupted after one of them tries to light a smoke

why not just drill a huge hole to alleviate the pressure

thats called an eruption

the great eruption will cleanse the land.

Huffing butane, idiot in back lights ciggie

sure but its just going to get worse over time isnt it

IS THERE ANYWAY WE CAN PUT SANCTUARY CITIES IN DIRECT LINE WITH ASH OVERLAY KEK?

am I retarded if that seems like a good idea? Surely there is some sort of way to control the pressure and slowly leak it out? Like a brain Hemorrhage? Or would drilling any small hole just lead to a completely unstoppable expulsion of lava? Or is it still magma?

If you open the hole and hit the magma, is it still magma or does it become lava still?

oh, mailbox time, i got to go.

lava is any molten rock above ground
its a bad idea
imagine poking a hole in a tire inflated to 80psi
it will literally blow your shirt off or fillet the skin off your arm
thats basically what we're talking about
the pressures experienced in this little realm beneath yellow stone is something you really cant convince of, and our technology is not sufficient to change the nature of the eruption

It says Crust on the side and it's at about 100 miles on this diagram.

>5.8
wow it's fucking nothing

Why couldnt these people stay in CA? Now they are causing Lords wrath in the great state of Montana.

Lava is when the molten rock is on the earth surface, magma is for when it is still below

>Hold on to your butts gentlemen. The sleeping giant is awakening
You saw that "Bummed for Burglary" story too. Wats that to do with volcano?

Smooth as a baby. Are you a swimmer or just low test?

They've got the coolest Fucking carousel downtown. Everyone should go and ride the Fucking carousel.
Pic related

Earthquakes are being underreported by USGS. Look up Mary Greeley for proof. She doesn't even necessarily think Yellowstone is going to erupt, but she doesn't understand why the number of earthquakes would be obfuscated. Just because its unlikely for Yellowstone to erupt each year, doesn't mean it will never erupt. Eventually it will. If there are potential signs of a happening, its better to be aware of them rather than simply denying its plausibility outright. You shouldn't blindly believe, but you also shouldn't blindly deny.

>>>
> Anonymous (ID: R2mPiwqs) 07/06/17(Thu)10:15:14 No.132614322▶
> (OP)
>*yawn* wake me up when we get 100 5.0+ quakes within 24 hours.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: OAtbuzc7) 07/06/17(Thu)10:15:28 No.132614340▶
>File: Untitled.png (213 KB, 841x425)
>is it close enough to Yellowstone to be relevant?

As far as shitposting goes, you aussies have no equal

There was a 5.9 earthquake in 1975, and nothing fucking happened.
Why should I expect anything this time.