Flaws of free market

Sup Forums answer me this.
I am a huge advocate of free markets but look at this.
Apple is shit to customers and iPhones are literally designed to break.
Normally I would think either people would stop buying them or Apple would improve.
It remains the shittiest phone to this day and it's growing more successful everyday just because it's trendy.
Are normies ruining the tech standard or is it free market's fault for letting that happen?

If people are still buying it, it means the value of the product still supercedes the perceived flaws, at least in people's minds.
To put your mind at ease, i'll let you in on a secret.
The iphone IS a shit phone
But it's "the best phone", not because of its quality, but because it's a status symbol
Every time you see someone shilling android phones as being "so much better and cheaper" you can be sure that they're poor, foreign, or both.
It's an objectively better phone, perhaps, but it makes you look like you can't afford an iphone

Is it rational to buy an Iphone? homo oeconimicus just isnt true...and it doesnt matter if markets are free or not, as long as the perpetuating blood of these markets, money, is in control of private banksters...

cont.
besides, all most people use their phones for is as a $600 facebook and sexting machine, and (american) girls do notice when you text them from a non iphone, as messages from non iphones show up as ugly green bubbles, which are designed to be unsightly, so they respond better to messages from other iphones, which appear blue
It's not about technology, it's about status.
You don't want to look poor, do you?

freedom and "choice" are a meme

So the 700 dollar android is for poor people...

What's "rational" in this case? People have different motives and tastes and desires.

RARE
It's weird seeing people driving shit cars but starving to get an iPhone. Doesn't matter if it's iPhone 4 or 5 or 6 or 7.
It just matters that it's iPhone.
You're basically paying idiot tax. I swear it took me 6 minutes to figure out how to open PDF file for a friend because there is no file manager.
You can get objectively better device that gets shit done for the same or less money.

On one side you have device capable of doing almost anything as your desktop is, on the other side you have Facebook machine.
Both parties use it as Facebook machine though, so wouldn't it be more rational to take cheaper Facebook machine?
In the free market Apple would crash and burn the same second but it isn't happening.

I know, i agree
Still, shilling android makes you look like a poorfag who can't afford an iphone
It's a rich person thing and apple gets away with it because rich folks keep playing (and paying) along.
t. Richfag

The value of the apple facebook machine is raised way above its actual cost by mere virtue of being a status symbol that women WILL judge you on

iPhone isn't richfag exclusive anymore though.
All I'm asking is is free market degrading the tech standard as objectively better phone manufacturers will go bankrupt.

Yes

The free market is never right at any point in time but converges on the moving target of righteousness in a way that other systems don't

Well then those "objectively better" manufacturers are NOT in fact better, because, even though they built a better and cheaper machine, they still failed to present it as a product on equal footing with the iphone in their marketing
The quality (value) pf a product doesn't only come from its specs, but from the whole experience of owning and using it.
People place value on strange things, and the market rewards companies that can figure those things out and provide them

Apple is an exception to the rule. Apple costs way more, does less, and retards still love the company so much they camp out in front of their stores two days before a new product is said to arrive.

These are all symptoms of followers of a religious sect. Somehow appletards are brainwashed into spending big bucks for crap.

t. Classic example of a foreigner poorfag who shills non iPhone smartphones

So are you playing out your hate for foreigners with phones? It sounds like you actually buy into this status bullshit as a good thing.

Also I doubt foreigners in Guatamala are less poor than the natives, kek.

>are normies ruining
Normies ruin everything

Nothing has any objective value. Something is only as valuable as how much people are willing to give in order to get it. People are willing to pay alot so apple products are worth alot. It's just that in this case people value branding, aesthetic look/feel and ease of use over freedom of use, price effectiveness, durability, and future-proofing.

apple gets away with it because user rarely pay the full cost of the phone upfront.

Welcome to the Narrative-redpill.

Yes it sells because it is trendy, but does that stop the free market from giving alternatives? Now go think about how dumb you were for thinking that communism could work better...

Yes i dislike foreigners and their non-western ways, especially asians.
And perhaps, many foreigners who come here are tourists, and a lot of them are hippies who LARP as poor people and live in dirt and squalor (while spending loads of cash on drugs and parties, of course)

Way wrong on all points. Apples IOS has been a superior OS for a decade and everyone has struggled to equal its stability. I'm 3 years now with my iPhone 6 Plus and have had zero issues to remark. While my few android friends have recently had their phone replaced due to manufacturer problems (LG) or taken away due to fire hazard (Note). Android owners are the same type of people who would argue that their Genesis was superior with its "Blast Processing". All of my apple devices work together well - I can send/receive texts on my Macbook, make calls, handoff apps between my phone. Apple TV is rock solid and quick. Do you pay more money for Apple for lesser hardware everytime - yes - but no other company offers a smoother, consistent OS, network of retail stores across the world for onsite repairs/replacement. It's literally a spec sheet pissing contest that is ultimately irrelevant.

In order to match the speed and battery life of current iPhone models, Android phones actually need faster processors and bigger batteries. Why do Android phones need better specs and bigger batteries than iPhones just to even come close to an iPhone's performance? Because of the software. The operating system, and all the apps that are developed for the phone.

The thing is, there is only one iPhone model released every year. Developers can compile their software to target that specific architecture and squeeze more performance out the phone. But how many Android phones are there every year? Way too many for developers to keep track of. So what usually happens is that they compile a "one-size-fits-all" version of their software, and only the most expensive and powerful Android phones of that year can reach iPhone speeds. And more than likely, it will require a processor more powerful than the iPhone one just to match that speed, because the software isn't taking advantage of the specific architecture.

Sometimes developers will recognize this and compile a "high-end" version of their software for high-end phones and a "low-end" for low-end phones, but it's still essentially a one-size-fits-all approach vs. getting the most performance out of the hardware.

Android phones typically have more features than iPhones, but your average person doesn't care about those features. To them, iPhones just "feel" faster and smoother, even though they can't quite explain why. They are paying for a smoother experience using normie apps that are guaranteed to work without any lag on their new phone, and they are paying for the feature-packed iMessage to send texts, while most Android phones still rely on SMS text messaging (not counting dedicated internet messaging services like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp). To the people that buy an iPhone, Android phones have so many features that they'll never use, while an iPhone is better at being a phone.

tl;dr iPhones fill a market niche perfectly: a market of tech normies who don't care about using their phone to torrent or browse files or whatever else they would normally just do on their computer, they just want a phone that is guaranteed to work and provide a fast, smooth performance.

>Android owners are the same type of people who would argue that their Genesis was superior with its "Blast Processing".
Android owners are the same type of people who would harass you for buying a Mac instead of building a custom desktop. There is arguably an advantage to building your own computer, but to most people, they don't have the time for that and frankly just aren't interested. They want something that just works, without an operating system that BSODs all the time and gets infected with malware easily. That's what they're paying for, in a sense: someone else to worry about all that for them, someone else to be computer-literate so they can be computer-illiterate and just use their computers.

I got my SE for $200-something as an upgrade. Never updated the software, so planned obsolescence is less of an issue. I've updated a few apps, but the changes with those are usually minor. iPhones aren't necessarily shit, it's the masses who are shit. Put an iPhone in dung and it'll start to stink, just like you android users..

why do you buy shoes that only last a year or two rather than spend the extra cash to buy shoes that last a lifetime with proper maintenance?

You're a nigger, Harry!