What was your grandfather like, Sup Forums?

Hardmode: reply to at least one other post ITT

Immigrated in the 20s by way of Newfoundland his father was an Irish immigrant. He joined the navy at 16 to fight in world war 2 then again in Korea. He became an iron worker that built the new york sky line, was Catholic and had 6 boys who became successful firemen and small business owners.

And that's why I don't understand current immigrants shitting up the land.

Fought in North Africa, Burma, and mainland Europe. Got shot through the face while piloting a glider over the battle of Arnhem, crashlanded behind enemy lines, and trekked back to the allies. After the war became an international arms dealer. Supplied weapons to both sides in the Iran Iraq war.

Was a car and motorcycle Mechanic.
Owned his shop.
Also did welding and was a strait up handyman.
Read playboy and popular mechanics.
Raised 6 kids.
Played guitar, violin, piano and banjo.
Played guitar everyday.
Had loads of guns.
Took me target shooting before I was in kindergarten.
Fucked off in Korea but I don't know details as he didn't talk about it and I was like 10 when he died.
I have his photos framed in the den.

Born in 1889, He fought in ww1 and received medals for bravery, was an excellent painter. Moved on to politics and later became the chancellor of Germany. Faked his own death in 1945. Moved to Antarctica and now lives inside the earth with the original aryans.

Dad's side was born in rome, moved to the US with parents. Worked labor jobs untill WW2. Paratrooper in Patton's Division, dont think he saw much combat though. Then he met my grandmother who was also italian. Then opened up a studio and made quite a lot of money. Wasnt good with it though and pretty much lost all of it first in a fire and spent all of it by the time my dad came of age.

Other Grandpa is german descent, was a trucker and then an air traffic controller all his life, didn't fight in WW2.

Fought in World War 1. Got shot in the stomach. Lived in India working on the railways. Back in England he worked in a factory until he died.

Was he an officer?

no idea they were both dead before i was born but I know one was an assistant treasurer of the City of Boston who is first cousin to the one after whom they named the local international airport.

Sounds like he did nothing wrong.

Sounds like he was exercising his "white privilege"

one died before i was born and one had a strike, paralyzing him. his father again killed some germans in ww2 and got some medals

Aeronautical engineer with Lockheed which built parts for the space shuttle

He got a patch for each of the shuttle missions

Kinda cool I guess

One was a mechanic and pretty cool dude, taught me a lot about cars and I remember he used make bows and arrows for me when i was a kid. Died of cancer. The other was kind of an asshole, used to be a construction worker. Died in a car crash.

Never met one, but apparently a lovely chap, was in a marching band in Northern Ireland, possibly the Orange Order. All round top lad.

Other one is still alive as far as I'm aware, seems like a cunt but also seems redpilled.

I live with him now, lived in London 65 years but still has a thick Irish accent.

Worked for a lot of tunneling companies and helped built the Victoria line. Very unemotional and selfish person.

Wrestler. Foreman at aluminum plant. Raised 4 kids. Allowed wife to work (teacher). Walked on his hands at 80+ years old. Died in his sleep at 94. Never drank or smoked, but did chew tobacco in his early days. Also a fantastic singer.

I never knew my other grandfather. He died before I was born in a sawmill accident. Heard he was a good man.

Grew up during the depression in the far north, father mostly abandoned family, worked in WPA camps and drank the money. Had a caved in chest from childhood malnutrition, but other than that tall, lanky, handsome. During the post war housing boom started flipping homes, then started a construction company. Built a few towns, suburbs, became a millionaire. Drank a lot, smoked a lot, had a lot of rage. He eventually got into cattle breeding as a side job/retirement hobby, so had a lot of land/barns, etc. I remember one time he caught a raccoon in a leghold trap and he beat it to death with a 2x4. Whenever a cow would press him against the side of the pen or kick him or whatever, he would beat it viciously, klling some or making them completely unusual for breeding, so they'd be butchered and we'd get some hamburger/steaks from Grandpa. Needless to say, he also viciously beat my father, but all of his children loved and deeply respected him.

When he got old and slowed down, he had a heart attack, they diagnosed him with depression. Put him on anti-depressants, and he promptly committed suicide. RIP, hard old man.

He was born in Germany and moved to the US after WW2.

He was really nice and taught me German which i'm grateful I dont know what he did during the war though I just know he used to be a Nazi.

Grandfathers on both sides fought, one in the Navy during WWII and the other with the Army in Korea. One was a salesman and the other a mechanic. Both good men.

>Hardmode: reply to at least one other post ITT
I will give a quick run down

> Worked in the mines almost got killed by a belt
> scared up and looked badass
> smoked a pipe and zero fucks given at all times
> didn't talk much but was cool with me and my family being around.
> didn't mince his words but loved his family let it show every now and again.

Dam fine example of looking after your family and getting shit done.

Immigrants used to move here to create something new, now they come to reap the rewards of our creations.

One was born and raised in Titusville, Florida. Worked for the Air Force during Korea, then worked for NASA during the Shuttle Program. Moved to Seattle to work for Boeing. My mother's side was born in Switzerland, and lived in Austria during the French occupation. He saw his first nigger, who was in the french army. he did odd jobs for them to have enough food to survive.

Born in East Boston was a mechanic until he was drafted in WWll. fought in Northern Africa campaign, Rome Arno, Rhineland,Southern France and Central Europe he fought in "the battle of the bulge. Received 2 Purple Hearts shelling caused his ear drums to burst he was essentially deaf after the war and he was shot in the forearm. Passed away in 1985 from a heart attack. All of these WWll vets had weird shit for the rest of their lives for example my dad told me my you would have to wake up my grandfather with a broom because he'd come up swinging every time. That's just what war did to the, made their senses heightened something as simple as someone waking them up in their mind was an enemy and they never lost those quick twitch muscle memory reactions.
My other grandfather was a Marine for 8 years and a Boston police officer and later a homicide detective he joined the force because his brother Richie was stabbed to death defending his girlfriend in Jamaica Plains (neighborhood in Boston) in the '30s. He actually is one of the homicide detectives in the book "paradiso files" a book written about three infamous Boston murders my grandfather and a few other detectives helped solve. Sadly he passed away July 21, 2012.

A real fucking smart turboautist who died of a heart attack mere moments after literally buying a farm and retiring and I never got to meet.

Fought in WW2 for the American Navy against the Japanese
Had connections to the Italian Mob
Had connections to church officials
All around was kinda sketchy on the side while being a standard businessman up front
Had a stereotypical bitch of a wife
a Drunk
Died in 1992
Always said money can buy you anything including happiness

Taught me the the words nigger, wetback, a-rab and kike. Best words of wisdom from him

>when it gets got out out makes the nigger's blood boil. So he gets to killing other niggers.

Great grandad fought for the kaiser on the eastern front then came to the Midwest; his son fought the Japanese. Redpilled as fuck.

grandpa was full german, lived in florida practically all his life. his dad died when he was 13 so he had to provide. met my grandma at 16. was a crew chief on a huey in vietnam. he got assigned to be a door gunner by whoever he answered to because the guy was a dickhead and grandpa's a smartass. He's a really good mechanic, so before long he knew more about the damn huey than anyone else so they "promoted" him. got out and started racing all manner of cars, before he almost died flipping a gokart right onto his neck. built a house with my grandma that they still own. he's a quiet guy, real smart, dry sense of humor. realistic about blacks and muslims, strong distrust of the government. owns a hell of a lot of guns. nearly died of colon cancer, but hes lucky like that.

basically, hes the man i aspire to be, and without him i'd likely be a libtard.

Hard as fuck.

He was in the Merchant navy just after the war, for a good 20 years he spent his time onboard ships in crazy weather. He was from a rough part of the country so he was naturally tough.

He's the kind of man who never cries, never lets something beat him.

Unfortunately he has has cancer and it is beating him. pls clap

Both 100% Swedish.

Born in 1918. The one on my fathers side was a farmer, had one of Swedens largest tomato farms before imports drove the price down and he switched to cattle. Was top 10 in the world at that olympic event where you jump over different shit for a few k meters. Died before I was born. I think his death effected my dad a lot since he never really visited his mother throughout my life. Stationed at Norwegian border during the war, never saw any action.

The one on my mothers side was a professor in botanics at Uppsala University until like 10 years ago, my mom didn't meet him until she was like 20 but we have now got a great relationship.

Ustashi terrorist. Came to US a wanted man. Bummed around country working odd jobs and moving on. Ended up in a steel town in Ohio. Went to visit Cro buddy in hospital dying of TB. Buddy calls in debt. Says you need to marry my wife and raise my three kids. Shows up on Grandma's doorstep after funeral. Takes her down to church and makes priest marry them. Had ten more kids. Worked as a mauler in the steel mill. Biggest, baddest MFer I ever saw.

I should add my other grandfather was a slight Quaker gentleman. Made for some very interesting family get together.

Fought SS units for the French in Poland and after France didn't gib independence, fought the French in the Revolution. After the war, became an entrepreneur and got rich. Almost the same story with my other grandpa. Mom is a doctor and dad is an electrical engineer. They moved here and had me and my siblings.

Great grandpa was on the U.S. Olympic swimming team and the other one captained one of the first B-17s over Berlin. Grandpa was in 'Nam and then became a Methodist minister, other grandpa was a Navy chaplain in WW2 and became a Methodist minister. Good men.

The Black one was a machinist. He started as a janitor and worked his way up to provide for my grandma and their five kids. My grandma never worked, but he was able to save enough for my dad and all my aunts and uncles to go to college.

The white one was also a machinist (weird family coincidence o_0). He was best friends with my grandma's older brother and they fought in WWII together. Friends and neighbors encouraged my grandma to write him letters while he was away, and when he came home they got married and bought their first house.

Cute, huh?

Air force pilot. Once dove a bridge against orders just to impress his gf.
>you'll never be as cool as grandpa maverick

>the Black one was a--
BLACKED.com

>HOW SCANDALOUS!
keep clutching those pearls snowflake

Do you not see my flag or what, stupid ass whiteboi?

devout Mormon
agoraphobic
possibly bipolar
his name was Bill

Fought on the wrong side during the war.

Dad's side: never saw him, he died when my dad was 18, dad often tells stories about him and his father going to hunt together and shieet, a real Finnish man full alpha, was some kind of metal worker, did hunting, fishing and all that shit, also drank a lot. After he died, grandmother got another man and he's still around. Very nice guy he's retired obviously, he was a stand-in farmer. He goes hunting and fishing, I also used to go with him and my dad when I was a boy but when I got older that kinda dropped out. Now I just go there in the countryside to go to a real sauna maybe a couple times in a year with my father/siblings.

Moms side: Still alive and have seen maybe 2-3 times during my life time. Lives kinda far away. A total drunk who always goes to Russia to buy liquor and sells it.

>spergs out at the very idea of interracial marriage
>settle down tard, it's not mandatory
>J-jokes on you! I'm actually black!
I don't care. This thread's about grandpas.

Patriotismus und Nationalismus sind rassistische Ideologien.

>Draft dodger
>Alcholic
>Grifter
>Taught me the magic of movies and stories
>Could fix anything with a bit of effort and frequently dumpster dived for things to fix and sell
>Taught me with a little know how you can steal a lot from the government and utility companies if you play it smart and don't get greedy.
>"Working is for suckers and anyone under 30"
> went insane and passed from heart problems