Why is believing in Santa past age 10 weird but believing in God or gods is perfectly fine?

Why is believing in Santa past age 10 weird but believing in God or gods is perfectly fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause God is real

God created this planet. Santa didn't.

Prove it.
Judging by the affairs of the world, if God is real, then his name is fucking allah.

What evidence do you have to support this besides the ravings of illiterate madmen and charlatans from 2000+ years ago?

Theism helps keeping the masses in check

Teaching your child to believe in Santa is abuse.

>t. Somebody who doesn't understand philosophy of religion

The teachings of God have kept order in the world for 2017 years.

That's because santa = satan

>illiterate madmen and charlatans
nice ad hominems retard, I guess the guys who WROTE the bible must've been illiterate

>kept order
>in the world
>christianity
Didn't even manage to keep Europe peaceful.

this

one of the new doctrines of atheism+ undoubtedly

Your Jewish god has only been a major force in the world since Constantine and if anything Europe got worse rather than better.

Things only started improving at a fast pace with the enlightenment and secularism.

Also, the Jewish cult you belong to is a major reason why Europe nearly fell to the Mohammadian Turks and will soon fall to the "refugees".

Santa is really Odin

No santa is really satan

Allah is the sane word as God, Christians in the middle east use the term all the time

The stories that became the Tanakh were based on oral histories passed down generation to generation. The people that initially made them up were illiterate.

Saint Nicholas: patron saint of Russia, Children and Sailors. Feast day December 6. Officially his remains are in Bari Italy.

kerdasi amaq

Without God, humans would be little else than chimps. Akin to the average nigger.
Christianity brought unity and civilization, keeping order.

Because God represents a system of moral codes that make for a better life. Santa is a fat guy who brings presents for kids and stimulates their imaginations and helps them feel like there is a bit of magic in the world before they grow up and are able to assess this disaster for themselves.

shut up harry you're not allowed on the internet you'll break it

Christianity is the reason Anatolia is Turkish

Both are not worth debating if you're not Muslims or American to be honest..

Real Madrid is god?

Muslims do keep saying that Christianity is a perversion of the old Faith and that Muhammed brought them back to the proper ways.

God is the Santa for adults.

>God represents a system of moral codes that make for a better life
How is Santa/Sinterklaas any different?
Santa is based on Sinterklaas who is based on a Saint. Kids are taught that good behaviour is rewarded and bad behaviour is punished.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

God doesn't have a list
Santa isn't omnipresent
God doesn't have a beard
Nearly all concepts are taught
>Durhur I'm le smaht atheist meme
Wtf do songs have to do with anything
Neither make demands
Having followers doesn't work in favor of your argument
>Muh butthurt abandonment meme
Virtue vs evil doesn't work in favor of your argument
>advertising that it doesn't make sense is the same as calling yourself retarded
Sage

Santa convinces people they should have material gain for not being a complete dick, and kids usually get presents even if they misbehaved.

God convinces people they can get a gold mansion in the clouds by giving money to the Church.

I find it strange and sad that people dont witness miracles or feel the holy spirit from time to time. I dont know about religions but these things are real. No one can make this happen for you but you. Good luck.

fpbp

fuck off godless heathen

no

it was Venetian merchants

>No one can make this happen for you but you. Good luck.
So you admit it comes from you, not from an external source or power.

So why do you believe in fictional deities, again?

No it doesnt come from you but where you look. Though you will never see it with bitterness in your heart.

How is santa not omnipresent you idiot? How does he know whos been bad and whos been naughty?

Believe in whichever you want, as long as it gives you good morals, makes you strong and makes your society a decent place to live for now and for the future generations.

He has a ton of little spies.

Why do you need something to dictate your morality? So you have to be threatened by a book to not be a shitbag? I wasn't brought up religious and was basically only taught "don't be a cunt". People falling over in church and having fake seizures is retarded and rationality should always come first. I still can't believe how we need Jewish desert tales to keep people in line. It was useful back then when people were generally more savage in nature and the only place it has in modern times is to domesticate niggers with spears and bones in their noses in sub Saharan Africa. Besides that, the major religions are causing a lot of harm with muds running people over for allah because of different religions. It's pretty sad that people admit they would be killing people and raping others if it weren't for a book.

I prefer satan.
He has all the hot succubus girls.

Fuck off jdif. Atheist or Christian we're still white.

Pic related of this weasel tactic

>Out of all of the gods that have ever existed, my god is the right one
>Out of the different interpretations of the book that dictates how my god acts, my interpretation is the correct one
>Those who believe in god but not the same god in the same way as I do will go to hell and burn forever

Maybe because there's more to morality then "don't be a cunt." Maybe because people have different ideas of what being a cunt means? Or how about this one- morality means "don't be a cunt- if there's a chance you'll be caught."

S.A.N.T.A. is a spy agency!!!

A)You're thinking of omniscience you dolt
>Omnipresence means existing everywhere simultaneously which is mutually exclusive to living at the north pole
B)knowledge of who is naughty or nice doesn't require omniscience either, e.g.: x-men's cerebro would allow that ability & still isn't omniscience

>user doesn't understand that morality is subjective and changes over time.
>If morality was truly dictated by your book, just as an example, the age of consent could drop as low as 12 (Ezekiel 16:7-8)

>he thinks morality is subjective
>he thinks age of consent is a thing
Found the Marxist faggot

its like they are delusional or something gosh

I believe santa to be omnipresent and omniscient, this is my belief, i know in my heart and you are satan, go away

>Implying morality doesn't differ in different regions with different cultures (thus making it subjective)
>Implying you don't think the age of consent is a thing

Truly a community college reject.

It's like you have a double-digit IQ and make yourself feel better by hating "delusional" religious people

Fuck you mean Santa aint real bitch? Imma stick my curly toed boot up yo ass

I always wondered how atheists love to claim thtat there is no God,but they will not question if the Big Bang really happend like their Atheistic scientists tell them to believe.

>morality defers between niggers and Whites
>niggers suddenly become intelligent and civilized just in time to form moral beliefs
>reddit spacing
HAHAHAHAHA confirmed cuck

I'm gonna need a shred of evidence to back up this autistic statement. Come on... just one.

>long white beard
Not all religions believe in that and the Abrahamic religions believe that god takes a form beyond the comprehension
>taught to children by parents
partly true, but humans arrived to the conclusion that there is a god without being told
>Generally believed by children
Wrong
>Not believe by intelligent adults
Most scientists believe in god
>Said to reward virtue and punish evil
Santa punishes evil?

the rest is just garbage

Santa may not be omnipotent but he doesnt allow evil in this world if he can help it.

If he was omnipresent he wouldn't need to go down a chimney.
Your feefees have betrayed you again.
>be you
>tips fedora
>sips kombucha
>flips finger
>no not that finger
>yes that finger

>Morality differs
So that makes it subjective.
Second part isn't even related to your original argument.
Must suck to be that retarded, keep on believing that YOUR god is the right god and that your interpretation of your god is the only one that matters my insecure, high school tier educated, friend :)

>That makes it subjective
No it doesn't retard. Some people have wrong beliefs. I know they taught you that everyone was right in college and you were real smart for being "skeptical" and accepting everything those stupid cunts told you, but in reality, sometimes people are wrong. Especially when they are niggers (or fedorafags)

It's because atheism is a textbook cult. And as such, it has a hierarchy of thought leaders.

as i said, that is my belief, i know in my heart that it is the true, thats all

>peter pan is real
>you just cant see it, with all the bitterness in your heart

this could be said for anything fictional, stop being silly

There is literally no evidence for the existence of god. None. That's why they call it *faith*. I'm not knocking your belief. I just don't have *faith* in god's existence.

There is evidence that the Big Bang occurred, so there is reason to believe it did. That doesn't mean we know WHY or HOW it all went down, but using observation and reason, we can make educated hypotheses and test those hypotheses. We're learning more and more every day.

So, to answer your question: there is evidence for one and not for the other. That doesn't mean god doesn't exist; it just means we have yet to find any evidence to suggest he does. Until then, I choose not to believe in god, but I will believe the Big Bang [probably] happened. I follow the empirical evidence.

>inb4 "agnostic" not "atheist"

so you are 100% right in your beliefs? How do you know your opinions are more valid than the guy you are talking to?

Santa is promoted by the jews (coordinated with the commercialization of Christmas) to bring about atheists.

I came to atheism on my own as a teenager, before I even knew there was extensive literature on the subject. I'm unaware of any "thought leaders," and I kind of enjoy the fact that my belief system is of my own design. If it's a cult, I've never attended a meeting or service, and I never got an invite.

atheists dont make a claim that god doesnt exist.

Psalm 126:6 Man says show me proof and i'll trust you. God says trust me and ill show you.

>implying that god and the big bang are mutually exclusive

Real in your mind?

I don't, but pretending that Christianity is the moral equivalent of nigger savagery, humanism, etc; etc. is ridiculous. Morality is not subjective. I don't know if Christianity is the "real" religion,, but I know there is a God, there is an underlying mystical order to the Universe, and I know that God intends us to understand it, and that it is objective.

if its not objective then its....?

Im agnostic and have a higher iq than you. Atheism is theism. Unprovable. Just as bas as a god believer.

Big Bang is actually Jewish religious conception of creation of the universe.

We don't and will probably never know. It also depends on how you define God.
This tiny little slice of reality which we observe is really weird. Science tells us certain things about "reality" like some of the what and the when, but by definition cannot answer the how or the why, regarding reality or our supposed purpose, anyway.

It is hubris to think we have it figured out.

do you think they do?

>Can't read a post on a Singaporean Drum Enthusiasts forum
>Is an "oh-so-intelligent" fedorafag
I never said morality is not objective. I said Christianity may not be the "real" religion but nowhere did I say religion is false or a lie. I happen to think Christianity, particularly if you look into the more mystical aspects of it, is the most reflective of the underlying OBJECTIVE order of the God's Creation.

Oh, no, I agree. They're not mutually exclusive. Right now we have a decent idea what happened the moment the Big Bang occurred, but we don't know how or why, or what happened before. But because we don't know, that doesn't mean we should default to "must be god then." If we find evidence ANYTHING, it's only right to follow it to it's conclusion, even if that somehow points to god, which so far, it doesn't.

The real embarrassing thing is believing in the kooky Holocaust religion past 10

>ywn know what it's like to believe in the magical 6 million ashes in the sky

Atheists do actually claim that god doesn't exist. I'm agnostic, because I don't claim to know one way or the other--I just see more reason to believe one side.

>doesn't know that atheist just means someone who lacks a belief in god.

The a- prefix comes from greek and can mean "not"

Political apolitical
Gnostic agnostic
Theist atheist

if you are trying to say theres better variations of subjective thinking, i agree. but believing something without evidence doesnt seem like something a smart person would do

no they dont. it is based on lack of evidence for the claim, none of them are saying god doesnt exist. thats antitheism.

>Santa isn't omnipresent

One night to bring the whole world presents

Study some theology and philosophy. I assure you logical inferences can be made without evidence.

So how boit santa, does he exist? And dont say there are no proofs. There are folms, books about santa. Also samta exists in my heart, i feel the presence.