Which version of the Bible should I read?

Salam alaykum, I'm a Muslim and I would like to know which version of the Bible is the better in order to read it.
I don't know which version is the best because they both have differences such as John 3:16 where :
KJV says that Jesus (sa) is the "begotten son of God" (astaghfirullah)
while NIV says "His one and only son"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
lumina.bible.org/bible/Luke 1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It doesn't really matter because they're all 100% bullshit.

This, why would a follower of the truth (Islam) waste his time with false testimonies?

Ex-christian?

KJV is garbage. Either learn Greek to read original or go for a direct literal translation. KJV cuts stuff out and embellishes, adds unicorns. It's missing some books the profits have in their Bible.

King james version. All others take away the diety of Jesus. He is Lord of all friend. God manifest in the flesh. Ask Him unironically to reveal Himself and He will. Good luck

Not interested in fairy tales and mythology mainly.

Both are translations of copies of copies of forgeries.
The text history of the bible is the worst anybody ever dared to call divine
The originals are lost

>KJV is garbage.
>King james version. All others take away the diety of Jesus.

I don't believe Jesus (sa) is God but since the Christian deity of Jesus (sa) comes from KJV maybe KJV is better?

this one:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

Islam is the afterbirth of the offspring of a camel and pig. It is a demon religion and must be destroyed. Nothing but evil has come out of that disgusting book when the last Quran is burned and the last Muslim is strangled with the intestines of his son the world will be beautiful.

Northern Arabia, Egypt, North Africa, Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Anatolia, Iraq, the stan, Afghanistan, India etc all of these countries were conquered and converted by the sword all while the lying book says not to compel. Muhammad was possessed by Satan. Islam is the devil's work

Start at the New Testament, you already know the socio-historical context of Christ's life since you've read the Kuran.
Ignore the Old Jewish Testament. Focus on the teachings on the Mound, the miracles (and the people implicated; observe how Christ heals pagans and Hebrews alike), and on the letters of the Apostles.

It is shit. Read Ragnar Redbeard

NiV mentions deity of christ too. kjv only is a meme and this redditor thinks he's funny.
Make sure your translation is based onthe nestle aland and you're good

This retard merely said this right? It doesn't mean it is true. The Divinity is there and it had always been part of the church. So he's only repeating propaganda

New Living Translation.

Orthodox study bible

KJV is the best version except for a few couple of places like Genesis and the use of the word "hell" instead of "hades" and "gehenna".

>divinity of Jesus comes from the KJV
>what is the Nicene Creed

New World Testament spread by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Where's that rage coming from, buddy?

>Islam is the devil's work
Yet it's the only one preaching true monotheism and share christian values.
While majority christian nations have all of the degeneracy the Bible forbids.

Really makes you think.

Thank you

The Holy Koran

The term "best" is very hard to define. Since Hebrew is very complex, there are many different meanings to a wide variety of words used in the original text. This leads to some versions saying things differently than others. If you wanted to just get a straight read-through to get a basic understanding, I would start with the NIV. NIV is the easiest one to read and is really good for getting a groundwork, since this version uses the meanings of words that are most widely accepted in the community. Study bibles are also quite useful for learning a bit more, since they go in detail about the different ways things could be interpreted. Really just choose which one you find easiest to read and go with that.

I'm an atheist, but I do enjoy some portions.
Read only the gospels (Mark, Mathew, John and Luke) of the New International Version first. Then look at the King James Version.
The King James was written to have a majesty of voice, it's kind of like Shakespear.
The NIV is easy to read and you can get it. The KJB is beautiful literature.

In fact... only read the book of Mark, the rest is bullshit.

Is that Dan Brazilian?

This. Luke and Matthew used it as a source and John is a separate matter all together.

Unfortunately the NIV teaches many false doctrines, you should stay away from it. It's based on the Vaticanus and other tampered manuscripts.

I use the NLT on a daily basis, and I believe it's the most straightforward and easily understood Bible. The one that I use is the "Jesus-centered Bible," which highlights Old Testament verses in blue to show that they have a connection to the life of Christ.

The bible that we have today has basically been translated four different times, The New Testament was originally written in Hebrew just like the Old Testament was and than it was translated into Greek than translated into Latin and finally translated into English with the KJV, None of the translations are perfect but the KJV is probably the oldest known English translation of the bible, the MEV translation is newer and follows pretty closely to the KJV but is easier to read

>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were created through Him, and without Him nothing was created that was created. In Him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. The light shines in darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it.

Paradise lost is def the most interesting version of the bible. The other ones are pretty boring with no coherent story and absolutely zero character developmont for all the characters besides jesus

>muslim
>french
Checks out.

Let me explain why you read Mark.
In Jesus time, the Jewish temple had become a corrupt entity. The Rabbi's supposedly met with God behind a curtain and charged serious "temple money" to be blessed.
Jesus was a cool firebrand. He saw the Rabbi's forcing people to exchange their sheckles to temple money and got pissed and flipped their money-changing tables.
And lo, Jesus said, "fuck this shit, I'll bless you. I'm the son of God and will bless people for free."
And lo, the Rabbi's were disturbed by this guy who was ruining their business. So, they conspired against him.
When Jesus is dying on the cross, he cries out to his father, "My Lord, why have you foresaken me?" because he doesn't know why he must be punished and tortured (the cry of derelection). Then when he dies, the curtain in the temple is ripped open, meaning EVERYBODY could get to God without the need for money and greedy rabbis.
Everything else in the bible is a lesser story.

This is why noone takes naziaboos seriously

Si tu parles français, la bible de Jérusalem, traduite par l'école biblique du même nom. L'idéal c'est d'apprendre le koiné mais c'est tout un investissement en temps pour la simple découverte d'un texte. Surtout que contrairement au Coran, aucun croyant prétend que la bible est littéralement la parole de Dieu, ce sont des textes ''divinement'' inspirés.

>thinking Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus more than Paul's interpretation

You should read the version of the bible where a multiplicity of gods joined powers to become one, then fucked a virgin by incarnating into a dove and finally killed their son to forgive you from some guy you don't know eating an apple.
Imagine if it was a watermelon, you wouldn't have been forgiven, but being an apple the murder of a man is enough to attone.

I may be Muslim, but please don't be rude to other religions. It breeds nothing but toxicity.

Show me where in Genesis it says apple.
Btw if you don't understand something don't discuss it

Don't read any holy book musfag. It's all a waste of time. Read actual history instead - you might learn something.

KING JAMES VERSION ONLY

It's a figure of speech I said apple like I could have said pear, in fact pear is funnier, I will say that in the future.

Pooslims you mean

the king james bible since it has a pro monarchy stance

Good enough for Paul
good enough for me

How many Christian suicide bombers have you seen lately?

There are many fake Christians who commit degenerate acts. Don't associate with those people.

Read the one you can understand.

Then pursue a thorough exegetical study of what you just read and Biblical scripture as a whole.

1611-only way to heaven

>he doesn't know a unicorn is a rhino in the bible
bait?

>How many Christian suicide bombers have you seen lately?
Why do some ppl always pulls out this non-argument?
"Oh this religion has been existing since the 7th century but bc it produced extremes now it's bad"
Actually in France most christians are christians just because they're baptized, they don't really believe in God and girls wear a cross but also shorts in church so... lol
I think I'll go for it

NET
it's a retranslation into modern english based on oldest/most reliable manuscripts, with shit loads of translator notes so you understand every single choice they made in translation

lumina.bible.org/bible/Luke 1

>it's a retranslation into modern english based on oldest/most reliable manuscripts
Idk if retranslations into modern languages is actually good to read religious books...