Does America have a military parade like Russia or China? If no why not?

Does America have a military parade like Russia or China? If no why not?

Is this a specific thing only former Communist countries do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQKMivOcwz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Average US military parade

go suck a dick leaf

US military here, most of our parades are low-level and community now. A lot of veterans form little clubs around museums, and if you approach on (especially a small local one) you can find out more about it. Recently dedicated a rebuilt Nissen Hut museum to a TSgt in the Polesti Raid from WW2.

A lot of the people I spoke with (mostly British but all incredibly patriotic and loved Americans) told me they were sad that our old days were gone; There used to be large air shows where the public was allowed on base, or official ceremonies off base. Since 9/11 things have changed, with security concerns.

I was also getting to know a few of these Brits better up in Norwich, and they told me Americans used to parade (smaller than WW2 days of course but still) in front of the Town Hall, up until the Labour government gained more power, along with more college kids moving in, so they were shut down too.

>lose every fucking war since WW2
>""""""""""""military pride parade"""""""""""""

we do them every day in many different countries

>they were sad that our old days were gone

30 years from now that's us if not sooner

You mean like this?

I don't know, it depends on how you look at it; Patriotism is still there. You take away the state-funded patriotism, and you have fewer people waving the flag, but the people who organize now and enjoy national pride have more resolve. There's a big difference between the air shows back in the states where rubber-necks go to see because they're curious, and small marches on country roads and to memorials. It's small but still meaningful.

Hold on to hope, user

skip the video till 2:00.
They do their show offs in a different way than other countries - but they still show off :)

youtube.com/watch?v=HQKMivOcwz0

Not all the time because our country, unlike China and Russia, isn't a single party dictatorship.

>and you have fewer people waving the flag
I can tell you from my experience. When I was small there were Slovenian flags everywhere on our independence day and the day that Germans left (WWII). Fast forward until now and you see a flag here and there on these dates. It's like people are embarrassed to show their patriotism, especially the young people. Even at sporting events. Funny thing is people who aren't afraid to show their patriotism are labelled nationalists or anti refuges

Our hat says what?

Military parades are seen as a very authoritarian thing to do
It doesnt go well with american culture

Make a difference lad. Consider joining the military, too - There may be different ideas of what patriotism is within the military, but everyone loves their country (unless they're conscripted), it's a brotherhood.

No, it's a logistical nightmare and expensive. Parades are for the men with insecurities.

Yeah

>Consider joining the military, too
the pay isn't good. Since they offer you money up front to join for 5/10 years and if you drop out in that time you have to pay back every cent. Hence why my country has like 10k of military personnel. My former high school classmate is in the army now. He helped out during last years floods. He kind of regrets it but he's using the army for further education and will enter university after his contract ends.

We have airshows in the U.S. More of a demonstration and recruiting tool for the USN / USAF tho.

The pay for us could be better for sure, but I see what you mean. Five years is a bit much, I agreed to 4. There's other ways to get involved, though. I know in the US we have the Civil Air Patrol, like Boy Scouts but with military gear and weapons, which actually goes on some search and rescue missions (if a plane went down nearby, for example), and here in Britain there's Junior Air Cadets, and I've seen them at a lot of museum dedications, they also really help raise money for donations to the military and wounded vets.

America is OP so there is no need to appear more powerful.