PAGANISM GENERAL

PAGANISM GENERAL

EDITION: DAY OF THE LOVE GODDESS

ᛏᛏᛏ HAIL THE GODS, HAIL VICTORY ᛏᛏᛏ

This is a thread for the discussion of Paganism, the future of Aryan Race, Culture, Traditionalism, Jewish Question and Christianity.

ᛟᛟᛟ Places to start learning ᛟᛟᛟ

Varg's playlist "European Polytheism & Tradition"
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1Xd_c5-wta8HSKFx15qdV5L-pm5XvZA

Survive the Jive playlist "Paganism"
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcroOUap-NylBcWAle2Dg_8bxpLkcSMlH

ᚦᚦᚦ Social Media ᚦᚦᚦ

Discord Code: w68tguT

Any questions, interested in learning, Christians on the edge, or just want to debate, feel free to join any of the groups above.

IMPORTANT! Before you have any questions, please check out the Q&A below:

>pastebin.com/aD6k77uh

ϟϟϟ Recommended channels ϟϟϟ

Varg Vikernes
>youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective

Survive the Jive
>youtube.com/channel/UCZAENaOaceQUMd84GDc26EA

Aryan Kitchen
>youtube.com/channel/UCMiZ7r52r6onVo9J5tCzNBg

Forgotten Roots
>youtube.com/channel/UCJpN-GBTchQaSVwBbefYMNg

DukeOfDurham
>youtube.com/channel/UCXrzcmZ9eIkQi-u2BPH_4ug/featured

Survival Russia
>youtube.com/user/Moscowprepper

ᛟᛟᛟ PAGANISM MEGA, PDF, BOOKS, AND MORE ᛟᛟᛟ
>mega.nz/#F!MahAVQYR!M7fBxWWNIYh9fevOFHL7WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BaP1wDvkA6E
youtu.be/Q9wylzyFcKM
youtu.be/Egl8SRVlLG8
youtube.com/watch?v=JH4BrXBsaaE
youtube.com/watch?v=4ltRU4gFvNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

caracal kittie

First for Germanic defense league.

Anyone else notice that the vast majority of people in the discord have complex theological beliefs while the founders are almost zealous about a literal interpretation of the gods?

>Anyone else notice that the vast majority of people in the discord have complex theological beliefs while the founders are almost zealous about a literal interpretation of the gods?
We banned you because you said the gods weren't real and you clearly were trying to spread misinformation among the group. IE controlled opposition

>we banned you
You're mistaking me for someone else. I'm not banned. I'm just noting that there's a lot of really great theological discussion in the discord until someone suggests that their interpretation is the only correct one.

Fuck off

We barely take action, only controlled opposition and trolls. IE those who spread atheistic beliefs or people who say Odin drinks c**, and those who try to divide and conquer.

>a fucking honeypot discord for pagan larpers
kek

>Aryan Kitchen

Was her channel name really Aryan kitchen at one point? What made her think she fit the description of being a modern day Aryan?

>controlled opposition
>divide and conquer
I find it really unlikely that someone is making a great effort to stunt a pagan discord.
>trolls
Yeah, there are tons of those, but someone isn't a troll just for having a different theological belief. I enjoy the idea that pagans who view the gods literally and those who view them metaphorically will have total respect for each other. It's very pleasant to be able to avoid the "no true pagan" bullshit that the Abrahamic religions face.

Lol that's from my word replacer.

Elaborate

>aryan kitchen
reminds me of what my German friend made for dinner once, pretty good.

So, do pogans really belive in gods like Odyn or Zeus?

Like literally, Zeus is sitting on top of olympus and throwing thunderbolts?

>Odin drinks c**
Drinks what?

Margay kittie
Did you know that the margay cat can imitate the sound of other animals to lure it's prey closer?

no thanks
>sage

>implying that them discord groups arent honeypots

Did you know Carcals can jump up to ten feet in the air from a standing position and catch it's food?

this desu saged 3 times already

>sir we've successfully infiltrated a discord full of pagans now what?
>post some memes, soldier

If you don't like it you can leave

I was about to leave but them yous from identityless murican mutts praising zeus makes me kek

youtu.be/BaP1wDvkA6E

>murican mutts
Every one of my grandparents was a French immigrant m8

youtu.be/Q9wylzyFcKM

youtu.be/Egl8SRVlLG8

That's pretty cool. Just like the Serval cat who can jump 3m high as well.
Servals are the cats with the longest legs.

Question: do you believe that paganism will ever be more than a small sect? I say this because some european countries dont have an legacy, tradition or acheological remains so even in the case that people wantes to adopt paganism they wouldnt be able to.

youtube.com/watch?v=JH4BrXBsaaE

youtube.com/watch?v=4ltRU4gFvNQ

With the current direction the Western world is heading, I'm not confident for either Paganism or Christianity.

Larping Pagans, sad! Embrace Luther and his teachings

Hard to say, user. I feel that we can see certain cults of Gods revived that can be quite useful for us in the upcoming years.

How can you be Pagan when all you know about it comes from Christians
Varg or any Pagans won't touch this question

Is it possible to classify Japanese Shinto to paganism?

Not likely in all honesty,
Because approximating the ways that my ancestors worship is preferable to precisely practicing an immigrant religion.

Very cute. I believe I had a book about animals as a kid that had a whole chapter about lynx and caracal. I thought they were pretty cool. Cats are beautiful animals.

you will burn, heretic

you can extract the pagan elements of catholicism as they do not appear in the bible but people still practice them and try to reconstruct the original tradition

there are also some original texts, not everything is second hand by christians

will someone reply?

Lol christianity absorbed much of itself from paganism. For example, the worship of fire (candles).

I'll restate what I've said in these threads before, Hutterite/Amish style insular communities of pagans are what is needed for that, especially with the coming cataclysm in the West.

>Luther
Pic related, could you at least shill a good kind of Christianity?

cute kitto

>there are also some original texts
Such as?
Well it's probably very much Christianized or interpreted from a Christian perspective

You know there are a lot of pagan gods right?

>So, do pogans really belive in gods like Odyn or Zeus?
Yes
>Like literally, Zeus is sitting on top of olympus and throwing thunderbolts?
Can't talk for every pagan, some take it more, some less literal. The olymp isn't actually talking about the mountain just like the christian heaven isn't actually in the sky.
In one story Zeus showed his true form to a women, in one source this form was a thunder bolt and he killed the women accidentally in this form. So you could say that Zeus is the personification of the Thunder.

Well, as other anons have pointed out, not all of it comes from Christians.

For what Christians wrote down, there's no reason to believe that monks were lying or making things up. They had no reason to preserve the stories other than their own personal love for them and their view that they were important to their society.

>>there are also some original texts
>Such as?
the greeks, the romans, Plato for example, i am not a pagan myself, just like mythology in general

What gods are real and what are not? I mean Zeus and Odyn are most popular ones, but every tribe in amazon jungle has their own gods.

So do pagans make any distinction between real and not real gods?

I mea i coudl make up some god and convine my kid that it is real, he woudl belibe t just hove he belives santa claus. Woudl that make him appear in some kind of other dimension pantheon?

But from norse mythology there is nothing except the Christian texts

forgot to mention, Lithuania wasn't Christianized until 1387

The ancient Greeks answered this. Each culture worships the same Gods, but through their own racial or cultural lens.

The Poetic Edda was written anonymously and parts of it attributed to Odin, leading most people to believe it was written down by a monk that reverted to Paganism or had dual Christian/Pagan beliefs.

Linguistically and thematically, there's no reason to believe Snorri just made up the Prose Edda. He was recording stories already in oral tradition in his time.

you certainly can associate greek god with roman
but how about comparing them to hindu or chinise gods?

what is equivalent of Vishnu in roman.greek pantheon?

Not only that, but the Edda references other works that are now lost. It's clearly a scholarly work, not a personal endeavor.

IIRC, the current Hindu pantheon is a corruption of an earlier Vedic one derived from the same original Proto-Indo-European source as the main pantheons of Europe. China is unrelated, as far as I know.

Fagans are anti-EU and put their mythological fantastic roleplaying creatures before the one and only god, no wonder they're losers who nobody loves.

Well, you can compare Roman to Greek or Greek to Norse or Norse to Celtic, etc, because they're Indo-European Gods and ultimately from the same common root.

Comparing Gods to Chinese Gods and whatnot is more difficult.

My personal theology is that the Gods are real, we all interpret them differently. Ultimately, your own culture will bleed through and transform what you are worshiping to make it yours, hence you have Catholicism which is essentially Paganism with a Christian facade.

I don't know who Vishnu compares with, but etymology says Indra is from the same stem as Thor and Zeus. Agni has some equivalents to various figures in Norse mythology, including a dwarf.

I don't know enough about Chinese mythology to answer your question.

Yes, Iceland still had pagans in Snorri's time and Snorri explicitly says he's preserving oral tradition that is, in his time, dying out. He does trace the Gods to Troy and whatnot but it was common to trace everything to Troy in his day.

what

those chimps are so ugly lmao

>What gods are real and what are not?
This is complicated. Even the greeks themself weren't so sure about this since there were many cults and sects. For example: Helios used to be the Greek sun god, but later Apollon became the sun god and Helios became obsolete. The same happened with sol and Apollo in Rome and Apollo was very important especially for Augusus, but later the Sol Invictus cult was put in power, Sol was important again but even later Mithras took his place again.
The pantheon is very changable, even Egyptian Gods had their place in the Greek Pantheon, this is because they have the same origin, just like the Norse god have the same origin as the greek ones. So when you worship different gods it's like being part of different Abrahamic religions or even different curches, you believe mostly in the same, just in different forms, virtues, morals and rituals.

Non european religions are mostly unrelated at the first glance. You won't find any historical explanation, but I believe that they still have the same source. The source is the Collective unconscious. You will find similarities in all religions and myths. Now when you ask where the Collective unconscious comes from, all I can say is: it comes from the Gods

This common root you are reffering to is just our psyche. Most religions will probably have some kind of warior god, father god, mother goddess of ferility, trickster god/deamon etc.

But why make it all supernatural? Use ockham razor.

Pagans are just ascended Fedoras.

When will you allow Christ into your heart user?

if humanity goes extinct, will gods disappear?

are they depentant of human belief? Did they existed always, or just appeared along with humanity?

You can see the gods as the ultimate perfection. Apollo is the god of wisdom, of growth, of the increasing forces of the world. Dyonisos is the god of the harvest, pleasure, and party. Hestia is the goddess of home, of family, Hermes is the god of merchants, looters, of the outside world. Each god is a form of perfection; thus there is no question about its existence since perfection can't be attained by us mortal. Each god is divine and is relevant , but it makes sence to understand our world only when you take all of them into account. You can see the similar logic with the collection of saints depicted on the front of Notre Dame, in France.

how come the only argument Christians got is le hat meme

No, it is not same as saints. aints are mortal people that done noble deeds. They are not personification of ideals.

Also still, your gods are not just personifications, they are living beings with their own stories and antics.. and honestly when i read mythology it all sounds like 13 years old naruto fanfiction.

I accept Christ as ONE of the gods, the one of mercy and forgiveness.

Well yeah, but it's still his primary defining trait.

lol you tell me what my religion is? How abrahamic of you. Read "The metamorphosis" of Ovide. It's a poem depicting stories that have no formal truth, but are a way to explore the human soul and the meaning of life. His depiction of the creation of the universe is actually more relevant, understandable and less full of hubris than the big-bang theory all of the so-called scientists call the TRUTH (tm).

Some people actually believe this. Some even say that it's the believe alone that created the gods in the first place, but I believe this is nonsense. It's way to esoteric for me and it makes no sense. I think the gods existed already before we did and created us and can therefore exist without us.

Yeah, thank you for your input. No go back to mommy please.

Make me.

Sometimes slapping a bitch is a great mercy.

So, how do Americans properly into paganism? I'm not coming in from a 'lol i'm gonna btfo these pagans' sort of deal, it's just a genuine question.

Most of us are Euromutts, and if paganism is about showing respect and love for the tradition and folkways of our ancestors, then we kind of have a problem if we're not of pure blood.

Multiple pantheons, multiple legends, different moral standards and ideas, etc.

Unless you're going for a generic ancestor-worship, I fail to see how this works. But I'm probably just a faggot who's not seeing an obvious solution.

Most people will say to start researching based on your father's heritage. It's not a terribly big deal, barring certain minor gods, the pantheons are mostly the same beings with different names.

Looking at my father and most of my mother, it's primarily Irish, with some German. Thanks for the clearing-up.

I'll still hold catholicism and christian thought in high regard, but old gods and old ways deserve to be preserved.

Follow the Gods of the country of origin of your surname. Mutt or not, they will be the Gods of your forefather.

Following the gods of your ancestors is nice and everything but I think you should worship the gods you can believe in. I'm a German following Hellenistic gods, because I think this is the right thing to do.

ᚦᚦᚦ Social Media ᚦᚦᚦ

Discord Code: w68tguT

Any questions, interested in learning, Christians on the edge, or just want to debate, feel free to join any of the groups above.

Larper detected.