Give me one good reason why you should send your kids to public school?

Give me one good reason why you should send your kids to public school?

youtube.com/watch?v=l8JbBSh-eS0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q
archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is the problem?
5/6 is more than 4/6

4/6 of a 12 inch pizza is larger than 5/6 of a 6 inch pizza

Depends of the height of the pizzas actually.

5/6 of 1oz is less than 4/6 of 1lb

All of you are missing the fucking problem here.
The question itself says Marty ate more, the kid gets it wrong, and then Luis apparently ate more

Because I want my kids to get molested and made into retards.

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q

archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758

Pizza isn't a standardised unit of measurement.
What if this was Marty's pizza while Luis only had a regular size.

>meme flag
>mentally retarded
Waste of a perfectly good id.

>apparently

ok m8 you win

The problem with this kind of question surrounds the framework of understanding. Kids are introduced to fractions by using circles as a reference. So questions use pies or pizza to convey the concept but is predicated on the area of those circle examples to be the same. The kid clearly has good spacial sense.

The question should not have used pizza or pie at all and just asked the more straight forward question, which number is greater? 4/6 or 5/6
Who ever came up with this stupid test overthought it way too much.

Kids understand volume and area but may not necessarily have map it back to math properly to explain it from a word problem that's predicated on an assumption that wasn't communicated

Thing is that this debate, while silly and has some truth to it, does not change anything about the most important part of the issue in my opinion.
And that issue is that the question forces the idea on the child that marty ate more and once the child rationalises the idea, the teachers answer is to a question that wasnt asked.
The question implies that marty gets more, but somehow the answer is that luis ate more.

The child tried to rationalise the concept given to him and he was just slapped in the face and basically told to not think about that and not to think in abstract manner. Not to find new concepts, but to follow old ones and be a good drone.

No excuses for the teachers incompetence

its just lazy teaching. this only proves that affirmative action is a bad idea, this teacher should not be a teacher.

wtf? how dose this question work?

>Depends of the height of the pizzas actually.
The "pizzas" are not defined, but in this logical context, they cannot be assumed to unequal in dimension.

Common Core criticism is usually based on contrived nonsense like this.

>that schnauzer
Oooy vey

I don't my son goes to private school.

>it takes a girl 10 fucking minutes to saw a board in half

the teacher is a woman obviously.

Please help my understand the question. Would it not be 30 mins? not 15? Do to it takes 10 mins to saw once, so she needs to saw another 2 times. so 10 + 10 + 10 = 30 mins. Am i wrong?

These questions are intentionally left open ended, so the teacher can dish out points based on social ques. K-12 is Prussian serfdom designed to dumb down the lower classes. Makes them easier to control.

You could be a teacher with that logic

>No excuses for the teachers incompetence
The problem is a lot of these "examples" are fakes.

>they cannot be assumed to unequal in dimension.
Why can you assume they are equal?
We need to eliminate white privilege

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

Just need to saw it twice to get 3 pieces friendo

Because the red pill sucks.

I'm not defending the teacher though if that's what you're saying. I agree. The teacher should have recognized the question was stupid and their answer is stupid. He should have explained why the premise was misleading in two ways.

5 minutes per piece
>thanks common core

How is the second one not perfectly clear?
This is your brain on weed

Sadly this is true. Another child's spirit just died a little.

Does the board suddenly become thicker once sawn off? What the hell???

If only it was a spirit. The way of thinking is being altered through multiple of these questions. The child doesnt even know whats going on. You and i, we can reject it a child cannot

The first cut took 10 minutes. Two more cuts will make another board into 3 pieces. So 20 more fucking minutes. This shit is racists. We all know niggers don't saw wood.

But that's the entire point of Common Core. They want to be able to remove and sort of accountability that teachers might otherwise be subject too.

K E K

>Why can you assume they are equal?
Because there's no reason to think otherwise unless you're seeking attention you fucking faggot

Oh I am retarded, she just needs to take one piece of the already cut bored and saw that in half, so 20. My bad

Nah, the problem should just included the phrase Marty and Luis order the same pizza, at least for the teacher's response to be correct.

>female handwriting.

>The problem is a lot of these "examples" are fakes.
I'm glad you debunked that friendo

I see it now. My bad

"Pizza" is a variable.
This is a toxic way to introduce algebra.

The least an unemployed STEM major can do

F) That nigger don't know how to tape up a damn package.

The teacher is retarded.

does the tape also go along the bottom?

Yes there is you retard. The reason to think they are unequal is because the question asks "HOW is that possible?" It's asking you to come up with a scenario in which 4/6 is bigger than 5/6, which is when the pizzas are different sizes. It's not asking if it's possible, it's asking the student to explain how it is possible.

Any logical reading of the question would lead to the correct answer being "he ate 4/6ths of a larger pizza".

The answer is retarded and very unclear. The stacy teacher obviously thinks this kid is gross and must be wrong.

>overlapping tape without going the whole way around

Publicly funded education at work.

((6*5)+(4*10)+(2*15)) * 1.10 = 110

I have never seen someone think vertically when envisioning a bigger fucking pizza you tard

>Depends of the height of the pizzas actually.

This, of course, begs the question as to whether such kids would have been successful regardless of being put in public school or not. The answer to that is probably a resounding "yes" if their parents are all doctors, lawyers and entrepreneurs. Not a lot of racial minorities among those professions.

It says "around", which implies yes, but who knows. The fact there's no answers with 1/2 in implies it's around as well.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm talking about radius only.

The question prompts a specific answer when asked: How is that possible?"
or, rephrased:
"Under what circumstances would 4/6 be greater than 5/6?.

The question doesn't allow for any case that is not the current case

These are some tough ones.

Well no shit and so is every other person who understood how the pizzas could be bigger

>black and hispanic students unironically do better on questions written like this since it's more culturally relevant

Survival of the fittest.

she gets better at sawing with practice use your brain

purge when?

One study showed that even coal miner parents with only a GED can school their kids to a higher proficiency than the average public school. Redpilled studies like that are hard to search for nowadays. I think they scrub shit like that from the search engines. Can't find anything on how nigs only spend eight months in the womb, but that used to be all over the net.

Some recent history

>clip

E

Teacher is right

This is why we need Islam.

The inept Marie took ten minutes (10) to slice a board ONCE into two pieces, she'll need to take another ten minutes to slice a board again to get 3 pieces.

Perhaps. Maybe a based girl that knows her place.

>30 round clip

For all you slow pokes

( 30 + 40 + 30 ) * 1.10
100 * 1.10

They want 10% more. To calculate an increase percentage is

a + (a * b)
Where
a is original value and
b is percentage already in decimal

Which is simplified
a * (1 + b)

Student also right.
>imagine a board, with its side lengths being a ratio of 1:3. Cut said board into thirds. 10 min per cut, and you need 2 cuts. But I see what you did, and you are correct. So am I.

>flag

>flag of person saying flag

Shouldn't it be week's highest and lowest recorded morning temperatures since two days are missing?

>Marty ate 4/6 of his pizza and Luis ate 5/6 of his pizza.
>Marty ate more pizza than Luis.
>How is that possible?
Assuming the pizzas are equal and according to. This. Shitty. Sentence. Structure. He continued to eat >1/6

You lack reading comprehension, therefore you injected information into the problem that wasn't there. The question was how is this possible.

>C was unironically the Media prowar propaganda line

yes, clip. Is there a problem?

I asked my son this question.
>answer
Because marty is a fat piece of trash.
Well played son.

The problem is they word it like a fucking riddle. Don't ask if it's possible when it's not.

C

x-34 = 23 + y/x = 42

I just asked my 8yo, hes literally shacking!

That's four pieces.

2 pieces = 1 cut = 10min
3 pieces = 2 cuts = 20min
teacher = retarded

>saw more 34 MORE birds in the morning
>saw 42 birds in the afternoon
nigga

>counted 34 more birds in the morning
>42 were counted in the afternoon

Am I missing something here?

SAT

How much does that run you? Looking to have children soon.

You're right
>(x+34) + x = 76
>x+34+x=76
>2x=76-34
>2x=42
>x= 21
is profoundly retarded

It's clearly 42, faggot. Show your work and you might get the correct answer.

>clip

fucking retard

see kys fag