Should we brand people who torrent "THIEF" on their foreheads?

Is there any kind of punishment that has been proven to reform people? It seems like when people become comfortable with being deviant, like, it's hard to get them to go back to being on the straight edge.

I guess a potential solution would be capital punishment, but I mean, if we killed everyone who committed all sorts of crimes, we'd probably kill like most people in the world.

Also, in the US, the average American commits 3 felonies a day.

mic.com/articles/86797/8-ways-we-regularly-commit-felonies-without-realizing-it#.j50b6fw3s

So should we just get used to crime?

No

We should brand "psychotic Satan worshipping pedophile" on the foreheads of Hillary Clinton and John Podesta

pls go back to t_d you faggot.

That tattoo is hilarious even though he should gas himself

>giving shekels to the media jew
not going to happen

I own the electrons, there's nothing immoral about arranging mine similar to some other existing arrangement. It's like building a house to look like your neighbors house.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR!

you know with 3d printers, thats not too far away...

it is still a crime dude. You're stealing something that belongs to someone else. And that someone else doesn't want to share it with the likes of you.

Borrowing a game from my friend isn't stealing.

How would you like it if you made a tv show, or a computer program/app, or you wrote a book or made a song or hell, you crafted a cool excel spreadsheet. All with the intention of selling it. And then once it started selling, some linux faggot decided to torrent it to the rest of the world?

That would suck man. That would mean you would lose all that money.

Also, fuck linux-open source people. You have to compensate/pay people for their hardwork.

However, I guess if you're poor, there should be a cheap option for your pay scale, I think.So that way you're not incentivized to steal people's stuff online.

I would love it, in fact I'm working on a game right now, when it's finished I plan on releasing it for free along side a optional paid version, both of which will be exactly the same in every way. I just want people to enjoy my work, not make money.

Not even borrowing, literally making a duplicate, your friend still keeps his game.

if i steal it, how is is still there?
checkmate
sage

if companies want me to buy their games again they should fuck offwith broken releases, dlc bs and especially BRING DEMOS BACK

I mean, does anybody east of Austria have enough money to afford a monthly membership of Adobe suite? I mean, the entire suite? Can most designers in Eastern Europe shell out $100 USD every month just to be able to rent software? I mean, given that situation, and the economic situation of most eeastern european countries, I can see why they'd want to steal the software, especially if they make a living off of it...

The only people mad about this is shitty liberals with their shitty art degrees.

>"My work that fucking sucks might get pirated, better throw a fit!"

>Steal candy bar from a store
>Deprive the store from being able to sell it
>Download a movie
>Simply making a copy whilst the movie company can still sell it

Where's the thievery?

US govt says its still stealing

Because you didn't compensate them for it...you didn't pay for a good that was meant to be paid for...a good that wasn't supposed to be free

The US government needs to read a dictionary then.

What is your point? I don't give a fuck what they think.

>supposed to be free

Sounds like the free market decided it was free.

No not theif. Maybe something like, "oldfag" or "retrofag" or something all by those lines. Because seriously if you're downloading anything in 2017, you're either 65 years old or a complete fag lord.

Streaming's where it's at.

Stealing intrinsically implies a loss of some kind, duplicating is not stealing, as nothing is lost.

us gvt laws related to ip are the golden standard.

plus most stuff that is pirated is from the us.

We're not fucking pirating stuff from china/india/brazil.

Not a crime. Victimless action is not a crime.

kill youself, corporativist shill

Torrenting is a popular way to freely distribute open source software.

too much law, we need to start branding jews

>You're stealing something that belongs to someone else.
Stealing implies the the owner loses physical property. Tormenting is, at worst, copying data

i fucking hate kaspersky. they fucking install tracking/hack software on american computers so that they then feed info to russian fsb

no because its not theft

If someone can recreate what you made that easily, you haven't thought through your business model very well.

Imagine for a moment that you invented the paperclip and sold them for 10 dollars each. Now someone comes along and starts producing them for 0.05 dollars a piece. Doesn't that tell you that you're doing something wrong? Without government intervention, quality products become MUCH cheaper.

downloading shit you would never have payed for anyway even if it wasn't available free

>you are depriving me of shekkles theif

what about stealing someone's idea? that's still t theft

I mean really maaan, you can't like own things man, things can only own yooooou maaan.

Exactly, piracy is used a scapegoat for bad sales. We're not bad at our jobs, it's those fucking pirates! MUH RUSSIA NARRATIVE

Seriously, fuck off. Make a product so good that people will want you to make more so badly they'll pay you for it.

I'm not taking anything. And besides, neither uploading nor downloading torrents is illegal in the US, only hosting the server with them on it is.

Also, 99.9% of the time, if I can't torrent something, I'm not going to buy it. They're not losing anything, not that they were in the first place since I'm not actually stealing anything.

This board already went anti-pedo, if you turn anti-torrent I'm leaving forever.

Kaspersky-lab is a lobbyist that makes spyware. So as any other antivirus that hasn't released its source code (and I don't know any of those who did that).

They actually proposed a law that will make all companies install Kaspersky antivirus to every computer that is coming to Russia. I'm not kidding.

Yes, pay for brainwashing that you might not even enjoy.

shillary lost,and women arent funny, get over it

I torrent only to strike back at (((them)))

omg...that would fucking. Cause you know:

Puting Controls FSB
FSB Controls Kaspersky
Kaspersky Controls Computer

Puting controls Computer

Everyone in russia would be more fucked than they are now....I feel sad for you Piotr. Come to america. We need more computer people.

Who the fuck is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

>>being this young

this is very funny tatoo

Hollywood shill.

This might shock you, but torrents of tv-shows actually act as advertisment, after tv-show gets torrented it has higher view rates.

>We're not fucking pirating stuff from china/india/brazil.
thats because those monkeys dont make anything worth attaining

I'll likely move in a year or two.

also, you seem to lack understanding what open source means.

hint - it doesnt mean forcibly opening source of programs like ms word

>le streaming isn't downloading meme

if you're not streaming torrents you're a basic bitch by the way

>literally streaming from a single server

No. Stealing kikes shekels is a noble goal

If your "product" had no cost to produce then it must be free, only a jew would think in charging for a digital product, its like charging for air

>Be me some time ago, 16 yo
>Pirate the shit out of games
>Few years later, grow up
>Realise you behaved like a nigger
>Buy every single game you ever pirated
>Live a comfy, legal gaming life
>Torrent only old games that are not sold anymore

Most of these pirates are just kids unaware of the scale of their crime. We shouldn't brand them for life for that. We should make them pay for what they've downloaded

I'd be the one to put it be for torrent...

Unless you're some soulless corporate shitstain then you don't generally create something with the intention of sheckles, you create something with the intention of creating it so people can use it. You need sheckles to live but the original intention is still there, if it's available to be torrented I won't get 0 sales, or else video games would have died as an industry long ago.

these guys get it, if its quality art whatever the form it takes, even if ive downloaded it for free already i will buy a hard copy to ensure the makers are compensated, if its shit i download and dont like, nothing was lost on my end, i have a right not to waste my money on garbage

These

A shekel for the good goy

Don't bump the bait

Article cited is shit
>Your avg news style "top ten" sensational rundown
>Points out that a far more serious statute comes into play when you do something relatively benign
>More greatly points out exactly how law contradicts humanity (not with muh feels, muh libertee but really pragmatically normal things that we could do if we were in fact 'free')

The article phrases statutory nonsense as "the way things have always been" and expects you to not call it out on it's bullshit.

also this, legit artists create because of the compulsion they have to create, they choose a medium and go, if its good they may make money at it, but if theyre true artists they'll still create regardless of the reception it gets

t. starving musician and fine with it

The main reason people pirate is because of greedy jew companies clambering to protect their dinosaur business model that milks the consumer for every shekel.

>iTunes store
>Netflix

Provide a better service than the pirates and people will happily pay for it.

>Complain about Jewish controlled media and entertainment
>Demand people spend money on Jewish media and entertainment instead of getting it through a torrent

Eat shit, corporate bootlicker

reddit spacing should be a captial offense

People that go in for the money fail.

>Paying for a products is for jews

i don't pay for any type of digital content since 2006. call me a nigger for all i care, i'm just jewing the jew

>>iTunes store
>>Netflix

Also steam.

Successful platforms for music, movie, television and gaming distribution because they make the product easily accessible, and allow the consumer to dictate their requirements.

When game companies stop charging bullshit prices for games, ill stop being a pirate.

They also say mentally handicapped men in dresses can be women

>thief
Pretty sure even piracy court cases don't call it stealing, they call it copyright infringement or something like that.

lol this made me laugh for some reason

Yes goy, gib more shekels

S a g e

>tfw we will all be driving around in 3D printed replicas of million £+ cars. For the cost of the printer and raw materials.

Would Sup Forums pirate phone calls if you were around in the 70s/80s or would you be too afraid of the party van?

i torrent every day bitch, stop making shit movies and games and i might buy them

He said good goy you illiterate fuck.

>that blue box

holy shit the memories, some buddies and I in HS used to have one of these and we'd intercept customer support calls and fuck with people, ive never had so many laughs in my life

>THIEVES

I WISH I COULD LOCK UP ALL YOU FUCKERS. FUCKING THIEVES.

If you aren't using several levels of IP masknig and stuff like that, rest assured that (((they))) are archiving all of your torrenting activities in a database somewhere, waiting for the opportunity in a change of laws where they can get everyone and sue them all. They're already doing it in Germanistan. If the wrong people get elected, it will become a thing in other places too.

I didnt know copying something without touching the original is stealing these days

>be the nfl
>get local taxpayers to subsidize stadium renovations
>regionally black out broadcasts to those same people if the game doesn't sell out

>try to torrent open source, copyright free or public domain data
>(((isp))) blocks p2p because muh piracy muh bandwidth
GG blocking legitimate useful tools

I'm not going to pay like $20+ for a movie I might only watch once or $7+ to only be allowed to use a movie for a short period of time. Same thing with music, even ignoring torrents, why pay for music when there is so many free streaming services and websites like youtube out there? I haven't bought music in over 10 years. Games have skyrocketed in cost because of the DLC models used today and they have only gotten shittier not better. I don't play games anymore either way, but still I'd pirate those too if I wanted to game. Fuck off crypto Jew.

Id be happy there is such a great demand for my works and take it as flattery, hell id lower the price a bit so the people who pirated it might be enticed to buy and support my works

fuck off kike, were not paying for your shit. most of the shit i torrent i wouldnt pay for if i couldnt torrent it

fuck off kike

this

Paying for products is (you do it) for jews
Learn to understand context, dumb torrentfag

Torrenting has no significant impact on sales and profits of the torrented product.
If your product is getting torrented a lot that is a sign that you are overpricing it.

>copying 1s and 0s is theft
The opinions of tech illiterate brainlets does not matter

you should research the NSA online archiving apparatus, EVERYTHING youve ever done online is logged regardless of proxies or attempts to cover tracks, you need some pretty serious level hardware and skills to be truly invisible online

doesnt having torrents increase sales since it gives people the ability to see if the experiance is worth paying first hand?

Honestly, what percentage of torrenting is open source stuff? I don't have a problem with torrenting, but be realistic! If your ISP is cucked, they are acting logically following those principles.

ditto

>We will hang the capitalists with the rope that they sell us.
t. Lenin

>We will debase Western society with the content we sell them.
t. Hollyjew

My understanding is that by US law it's not technically theft.

You have to deprive the owner of the original.

You could say it's theft in terms of ethics and morals, but it's not legally theft.

Then you'd be saying "Paying for products helps jews" not "is for", "is for" means people who do it are jews.

since when has ethnics and morals been a part a law