Let's talk about the danger alt-right memes pose to deomcracy

What this week’s Trump Twitter war against the mainstream news media teaches us is that CNN should be worried — but not about Trump’s attacks, rather about the fact that an increasing number of U.S. citizens are forming their political ideas based on alt-right rants, and not on anything that even remotely resembles information.

Rather than fight Trump, outlets like CNN have to take seriously the fact that a major portion of the population simply doesn’t trust them. Even worse, they don’t find CNN interesting or compelling.

There is increasing evidence that right-wing hate speech is growing in power and force across the major social media platforms and into everyday life.

archive.is/0MUJ5

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/04/25/eichenwald-tweet-twitter-troll/
youtube.com/watch?v=7jNTbuAFSAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
youtu.be/YugWpfZrV08
twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/746070273888157700
twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/327959432086560768
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's not.

I want to see journalists swinging from telephone poles.

Salon is literal garbage.

You just have to meme better, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your meme guns out.

didn't snoop dogg make a "meme" that he shot Donald in a music video, that seems way more influential than a guy posting a WWE lighthearted trump over CNN meme

People forming their own opinions seperate from corporate media is a threat to democracy

>parody

Democracy damaged and eternally BTFO

wait, what damage did talk radio do to democracy?

>yfw random people on the internet more influential than multibillion global news corporations
>and those random people don't even trying
Sure feels like cyberpunk is now.

>Memes
>Damaging democracy
>Memes made by the American people
>American people like memes
>Majority of Americans like memes
>A threat to democracy
>A threat to (((democracy)))

>flag
>retarded ass post
I laughed
Everytime its a potato nigger

>implying phones can play gifs

>outlets like CNN have to take seriously the fact that a major portion of the population simply doesn’t trust them
I wonder why.

>Rope
>Tree
>Journalist
Some assembly required

what are you talking about leftists are extremely adept at memery :^)

>FORGET OUR BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA, MEMES ARE DEADLY
I fucking love the trump timeline. You have these fucks just admitting their bullshit right up front and destroying themselves.

>forget fake news
Yeah, nah.

>1 Post by this ID

Bait!
Saged

Are you kidding? It's a constant barrage of attacks on the Democrat party.

We'll, they can, soooo...

FORGET FAKE NEWS, GOYIM-- ONLY REMEMBER THE SIX MILLION

I need a better phone

Have a (you)

REMEMBER THE 6 MILLION MEME SHOAH

OY VEY GOYIM STOP WITH THE MEMES

>we couldn't compete on talk radio where you have to explain your arguments and sustain them over time
>now we can't compete online where you have to explain your arguments, or boil them down to effective memes
>therefore these things damage democracy
P A T H E T I C

Progressives got BTFO when they tried to start their own radio channel. It's hard to sell cancer, that's why we have NPR and PBS forced on us.

Can you get a seizure from this? I assume it can happen with predisposed people.

Isn't there a saying about how libshit always accuse their enemies of doing what they, themselves, are doing? I see this a lot. Hypocrisy doesn't even bother them, yet neocons keep calling it and nothing happens.

Theyre acting like millions of people are being brainwashed when the reality is that millions of people just hold different opinions of them

>forget a dishonest press informing the public, frog cartoons and gifs could do more damage to democracy
Does anyone take them seriously anymore?

Maybe

>alt-right

RIGHT WING FASCIST BIGOTS LIKE SEAN HANNITY HAVE A RIGHT TO SPEAK, NOT A RIGHT TO BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Imagine the hysteria if you posted that at a CNN reporter.

the modern state of journalism makes me so glad I switched majors

>oy vey stop noticing our propaganda!

>Let's talk about the danger alt-right memes pose to deomcracy

]None.

Yeah tha- fortune.com/2017/04/25/eichenwald-tweet-twitter-troll/
>Wanst me I swear

Just Kurt Eichenwald

Oy vey it's like he tried to stab me ya 'onah

Oh my god. I never noticed that the traffic behind them is the same traffic. Fucking DUH!

>Everyone who doesn't think what we think is a democratically dangerous alt-right weaponized memetic cyberbully

youtube.com/watch?v=7jNTbuAFSAQ

OY FUCKIN VEY

The greatest threat and underminer of democracy in my lifetime has been the mainstream media.
They have destroyed American civic life.
They have destroyed western intellectual discourse.
They have spread hysteria and insanity in every public channel.
The internet is the only thing keeping people sane because it is the only place people can laugh at them!

It's the individuals decision to hear out another person.

You should return that phone to the apple store in Hamburg, stealing is agianst German law.

Ah, they are feeling threatened now. Good.

I am fucking triggered.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

It's afraid.

Good, you have to remember what the vikings did to you.

If you view media as a means of controlling public opinion, then, yes it is.

DAY OF THE ROPE

Eire bro is right. We have to stop people from thinking for themselves. After all, it's CNN's job to control what we think. This epidemic of people not listening to CNN must be stopped and CNN's power restored, otherwise democracy will fail. How are people supposed to know who to vote for without a massive propaganda machine telling them what they believe? Trump and his alt-retards have gone too far this time. SOCIAL JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!

Fake news? Psh. The REAL danger is memes. Memes, I tells ya!

Fucking idiots.

Here you go, this ought to be close enough.

youtu.be/YugWpfZrV08

Take away my shitposting and it will be torches and pitchforks. I've got too much rage to be silenced.

(((pure coincidence)))

That was "different."

I can picture Brian Stelter selling this on CNN

What the fuck is that smush on the bottom right?

I think it's the symbol for the Sikh or Hindu religions. One of those asian shit skin religions.

hinduism

poo in loo basically

>It's 2017 and people STILL don't know how memes work

These people probably suck Darwin off despite this ignorance.

Democracy is over rated, I want a fashy dictator who is a righteous man that cares for the European people.

wtf I just opened this and my entire family died from seizures, thanks a ton man

>ARE YOU
>ALSO
>FRIGHTEEEEEENED?

Welp, time for Microsoft to unveil its auto-censoring keyboards.

This image fucks with my head so much.

>all religion thats not christianity is jew tier now
shooting yourself in the foot tbqh

>He isn't K120 master race

based

HOW DARE YOU NOT BE AS PROGRESSIVE AS US GOY? HOW DARE YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM WHAT WE TELL YOU? OUR WORD IS UNQUESTIONABLE TRUTH.

I see a pepe when i stare into the gif

Christianity is older than the first Jew/

If someone told me 5 years ago while browsing /new/ that the future board would help get Trump elected, and weaponized memes would strike fear into the hearts of the left I would have laughed.

This timeline is almost too much to handle. I'm not tired of winning yet though.

>Rather than fight Trump, outlets like CNN have to take seriously the fact that a major portion of the population simply doesn’t trust them. Even worse, they don’t find CNN interesting or compelling.
>There is increasing evidence that right-wing hate speech is growing in power and force across the major social media platforms and into everyday life.

Hahahaha holy shit
>Nobody fucking trusts us because of all the shady partisan shit we did during the election, like giving the DNC the debate questions, IT MUST BE THE FAULT OF THE EBIL ALT RIGHT!

WHAT ARE THEY DOING???????

MEMEWAR NOW

>when you're so out of touch that you're actively losing the battle to connect to the people to a group that is intentionally out of touch and take pride in that fact

The writer of this article literally wrote a book titled 'is satire saving our nation?'

>This book shows how we got to this place and why satire may be the only way we can save our democracy and strengthen our nation.

Kek. guess she meant left-wing satire.

That's shoop or real?

>hate speech

Thank God we got a Constitutional Republic with a few democratic processes and not a Democracy, or we'd be in a lot of trouble. Now go kill yourself you degenerate faggot shit-skin urbanite scumbag.

>Rather than fight Trump, outlets like CNN have to take seriously the fact that a major portion of the population simply doesn’t trust them. Even worse, they don’t find CNN interesting or compelling.
uh oh, better censor critics of cn then

How is media a democracy?

And wtf I love corporatism now

I seriously hope someone starts killing these journalists.

Full disclosure, I'm not threatning anyone specifically, I'm not going to injure kill or target anyone and nor am I asking or trying to get anyone to commit any crime.

I just kinda hope someone does so I can laugh at dead journalists because they deserve it.

This is user's wife. You're disgusting gif just induced a seizure. The police are on their way

>When you're so much better, everybody else tries to make it a crime to not shit talk you

Why the fuck do you leftist cucks have to come here, your not welcome here ok, please go kill urself for the 50th god damn time. The reason why you will always lose is that we have these memes, Epep has already been turned into a Nazi, and pepe will never die, Kek shall always be praised and shall lose.

THIS IS HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC

Speaking of hacks that it'd be nice to see swing from a rope

no, u c, he wuz, uh... a nigga. N az a nigga, he gotz a free pass to do nythin he wanna do. Cuz he be a nigga and da evil white supremacists b repressing 'im! dont b white, dat ain't righ, u heer me? onle da blahk man getz da free speech an stuff, mon!

>Right-Wing Hate Speech
You leftist fags must understand that hate speech is free speech, it's protected under US law, so and less your living under the horrors of the police states of Europe you cannot censor us, on top of that even the foreign fags from Canada can say whatever they want here because this is a site with its own jurisdictions and laws, please fuck off.

twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/746070273888157700

twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/327959432086560768

A major portion of the population has sinned!

>Democracy

We don't live in a democracy you lying fag, we live in a representative-constitutional-republic, please "educate" yourself on said matters before posting stupid shit for the already stupid ass fake news site that is salon.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Salon)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ow my brain