pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm#ii.xv.iii.i.p1
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Weird spelling for Messianic Judaism.

>Jews killed him...
>France

lol

Nice try jew.

The biggest piece of shit compared to all the middle eastern religions.

Then take more refugees goy.

After we kill the antichrist pope. Den we come baks

Catholics rely on human customs & traditions backed up by dubious historical sources, human decrees, and political force to exert their will -- the history of the Catholic Church is one of Satanic abuse. Vatican tampered with the Law in their Catechism, removed the 2nd commandment, altered the 4th, and split the 10th to preserve the #, changed the dates & times, and instituted Pagan festivals, use idols, use false intercessors like Saints & Mary, when Jesus alone is the Way to the Father, and they're even presumptuous enough to claim the authority to pardon sin. "Peter being the Rock" isn't a justification for Papal hierarchical arrangement whatsoever -- read the books written by Peter, he never in anyway condones this heresy that we see today. Upon the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus, the Church was small, far-flung, and fragile, Peter was raised up to clarify and give context to the example laid by Christ to the early church -- so yes, the "church was built on the rock of Peter" which is to say, his teachings & clarifications -- not the man or any man -- Jesus is the foundation on which we must place our faith.
Orthodox have many of the same problems as Catholicism.
Faggot-sects of "Protestantism" have lost their balls and are no longer standing up against the seat of the Antichrist power which is Popery and 99% still Sunday worship. Although the early Reformers didn't agree on much, they got the ball rolling and agreed that Papacy was illegitimate.

>God's remnant
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
>chap 3-10 annihilate you
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiq6aIDvHW0NzYpTRqEz0EexrmE62_Xjy

The tru faith of pedophiles

Gotta admit Catholicism is the fakest one of the 3.

>The tru faith of pedophiles
Woah.. are you trying to convert the entirety of 4chins to catholicism?

>Jews killed him...
And I am so thankful to them that my sins can be forgiven! Shoo shoo, Christ denier.

Heretic faggot.

Heretic spic.

Aren't Christians supposed to worship on sundays?

The Babylonian Catholics and their Jesuit fiends also actively infiltrate & sabotage Protestant-derivative Churches and brag about it.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C6E641820DB83B3
youtube.com/watch?v=pSzJQN4-iM4

You have your history wrong.

Initial protestants were like Super-Catholics. They considered the Papacy as gone astray. They wanted to restore true Catholicism. Look at protestants now.

What is the bigger heresy?
At least Rome can reform itself ad aeternum because every human institution in prone to failure. The True Religion, despite the winds of the day, will still prevail.

By the way, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands now have more Catholics than Protestants.

Sunday was a Pagan worship day and Rome changed the solemnity of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday alleviate geopoltical conflict and passive the masses, it serves as a mark of Papal authority.

Sabbath dates back to Creation and is eternal & unchanging.
youtube.com/watch?v=5sXSVBVMfPw&index=8&list=PL6BB648B46654467F
here's a video explaining Sabbath's purpose, why it was changed, etc from Walter Veith, for the complete playlist just copy/past the entire link.

You can't truly break the conditioning until you realize Christianity is simply another method of controlling the goyim.

>Sabbath
I always forget Christianity started out as edgy Judaism

Of course the early reformers were originally Catholics, but as they studied the scriptures, Luther, Calvin, Wesley, etc, all declared Popery as illegitimate and the office (the seat of) the Pope to be that of the Antichrist power.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVrgsbw_Nmk&index=14&list=PL6BB648B46654467F
Vatican fits all the criteria for the beast power of Daniel & Revelation

>By the way, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands now have more Catholics than Protestants.
There was a counter-Reformation plotted by Catholicism, I don't doubt Rome's cunning and material success, Jesuits were tasked with infiltrating & corrupting Protestant movements to gradually "bring them back in the fold" this is all documented in the videos I link, using Vatican published sources of them bragging about this.

All of these things will be revealed in due time.

There is no saturday or sunday in the bible.
If you want to practice biblical law don't use the papal work schedule(gregorian calendar) but learn how to tell the time using the celestial objects.

I left because Muslim cock sucking has replaced the Eucharist.

You should try to investigate the other side too. You sound like the typical Protestant lunatic on this issue.

What makes catholicism true and everything that came before it false?

I find it amazing that with the internet Protestants still have no idea what they're talking about.

I can counter and say you should investigate the other side because you sound like a typical presumptuous Catholic Pharisee.

All the Apostles sounded like "lunatics" in their age, and Jesus was accused of being a blasphemous Beelzebub, filled with the Devil!

"Protestant Lunatic" vs "Catholic Pharisee"

It was predicted that God's people in the latter days would be but a remnant.

>imblyign

Yeah you shouldn't see yourself as apostle. That's quite heretic. Not to mention I've heard of a guy whose motto was "do as thou wilt" as well. Really made me think.

Shouldn't we try to practice our faith as the apostles did? Shouldn't we perform the sacraments and try to hold to the tradition of the apostles who lived with Christ?

>Yeah you shouldn't see yourself as apostle. That's quite heretic. Not to mention I've heard of a guy whose motto was "do as thou wilt" as well. Really made me think.

What are you talking about? How did he compare himself to the apostles or espouse the motto "do as thou wilt"?

Why do people become so irrational in the face of critique? I'm a Christian struggling to find the correct path to follow, and lately I've been leaning towards Catholicism, but I feel I'll need years of research and prayer before I know what I should do.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not hostile or irrational.
I assume he's protestant, because it's always protestants swarming catholic and orthodox threads in a "LE EBIN DEVILTRY !!!!"-manner.
When being called out on sounding like a lunatic, he answers exactly
>All the Apostles sounded like "lunatics" in their age, and Jesus was accused of being a blasphemous Beelzebub, filled with the Devil!
And this, dear friend, implies, without any redicrection, that he sees himself in apostolic succession, because that's what protestants do.
And since protestants have no authority except themselves - as in: person - and interpret the scripture - and only it, because SOLA SCRIPTURA - literally as they please. They will find any justification, no matter if it's genocide or surrendering your country to islam without any defense.

I respect protestants and I see your struggle, for I have gone through similar hardship for over 10 years. Let me give you an advice, please. Don't "learn about the denominations". I mean sure, read small comparisons and so on. But ignore broader literature except catechisms.
You cannot learn faith - as well as which denomination would fit you best - through academical means. You need to join a parish, live with the people, go to services and discuss your issues with priests.
You need to experience all that, otherwise you will not be able to make decisions from your heart.

addition: Regarding denominations: C.S. Lewis wrote in "Mere Christianity" - because he advocated for Christianity, not a denomination - that Christianity is a building and the denominations are rooms in it. You can go into any room but only, because you think it fits you best doesn't mean that it is.
That's why you need to experience. Many are happy protestants and fine for them. But protestants lack for example the deep spirituality in the services which you can find in orthodox liturgies. And there are literally a billion more things.

>You need to experience all that, otherwise you will not be able to make decisions from your heart.

But if there is one absolute truth, one true way to the Father through Christ, then I want to know what it is. I can't accept that I should let my heart decide - truth is more important than my subjective feelings. If it feels better for me to be a Lutheran, but Catholicism is the fullest expression of Christ's truth, then I want to be a Catholic no matter how hard it is for me to walk that path (and believe me, for my circumstances it would be really hard).

I want to know the truth - what way of life and belief does scripture most soundly support?

>that Christianity is a building and the denominations are rooms in it

Which room lead to the rooftop? If they all do, then why listen to tradition at all?

The truth is that Jesus Christ died upon the cross and handed us the gift to overcome death itself. And that there's no path to the Father except through Christ. Every denomination lives that. The difference is how this truth, the spirituality and rituals are carried out and incorporated in spiritual and daily life.
Everything else comes down to your heart. Your head cannot believe. If you're like that, you will soon suffer, no matter which decision you make, because this is not some atheistic "science, bitch!"-thing. If you have Christ in your heart, he will lead you the way.
And that's all I can say about it, because I'm neither plain theologian nor priest.

>saint worship
>using middlemen to commune with god

yeah, nah

friendly bump

So the arguments about justification are basically just semantic? I don't think most Catholics or Protestants would agree with you. If they're not just semantic, then it absolutely does matter whether you are a Catholic, a Protestant, or an Orthodox Christian because which of those denominations describes your belief regarding justification will determine whether or not you will reach Heaven - and I can't think of any theological distinction more important than that.

Well, the Roman and Eastern Catholic churches are closest to what the first church looked like, but with more gold. If you want to keep it Petrus', you should join one of these denominations. If you think that having especially educated people to lead rituals is a waste of space, then you should become protestant. If you lik protestants but want a haren, becom mormon.
The problem with all this is, that you have to decide for yourself - to repeat myself - because every single denomination, even the mad as fuck sects, will come around the corner and justify what they're doing through scripture and other apologetic arguments.

I, myself, am orthodox. I became orthodox, because when I visited a liturgy I felt asolutely at the right place and time. I also visited Roman Catholic services and also protestant services before. Also after reading books etc. and trying to comprehend academically what it was all about but it led me astray time and time again, even away from Christianity and into the depths of the worst shit you can imagine. But my search for God led me to where I am now, and I am happy with it. I believe that Orthodoxy is closest to the first parish. That, however does not mean I hate or feel disdain for other denominations. After all, we're all one in Christ and it is not up to me to decide who's going to hell for "having the wrong denomination", no matter what my personal feelings are - because in addition to that, I also have no authority.

Nope. Catholicism is cuckoldry. We bend the knee only to God. You Catholics can keep your pedos and commies.

If I migh link this: oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/preface

Do you understand the debate about justification? You've argued from a purely aesthetic perspective this entire time. We can't just make our decisions, I repeat, based on what FEELS right; we have to understand the truth rationally, at least as well as we can. Just because a denominations has the most beautiful churches, or the purest apostolic succession, or the nicest liturgy, or the holiest sacraments, does not mean it is the TRUEST.

Of course scripture can be used to justify any denomination if its stretched far enough - but there does come a point where the arguments lose meaning if the scripture is stretched too far. There comes a point where the arguments come more from a linguistic difference than a scriptural one. The universe was created by Logos to be intelligible - meaning even if we fail to understand the truth, it still exists, sovereign and unchanging despite our errors of comprehension. There is ONE best way to worship, ONE greatest and holiest church, ONE truth, ONE God, and ONE way to Him.

Perhaps all denominations are inherently flawed, but there is still one best way to worship, regardless of whether or not we know of it yet. But I think one oft he churches that exists today is the best, and I want to know which one that is, barring all my current personal feelings.

sage and move on.
These D&C religious threads were discovered to be a couple communist shills who've been trolling this board for years.

looking at both of the arguments i can respect what has to say but i think the fascist user is ultimately right in the sense that not every denomination can lead you to God and that there is one (literally?, or a handful idk) that would lead you towards salvation.

Catholicism is a false, wicked religion not based on the Bible. Almost nothing they do is Biblical.

>popes
>cardinals
>bishops
>baby baptism
>sprinkling
>long wicked clothing
>works based salvation
>repentance for sin to a "priest"
>idolatry
>worships the pope
>worships ("""venerates""") mary
>superstitious

You don't want to understand me, do you ? Of course I understand Orthodoxy as THE one way. But there are obviously hundreds of millions of people that do not see it this way. Are they bad Christians ? Well, according to mere tradition, yes. But we are humans. We are flawed. I am not do decide if those Christians are "real" Christians or not. And the one universal truth you want to know is that which I told you.
Our Lord Jesus Christ died through crucifixion and conquered death after 3 days. He offered us this gift as well as long as we accept him an live according to his teachings. How is that not open for interpretation ? That is why we need the patriarchs and priests. Because they're not only scholars but hold authority. The point is not to get told what's good and bad. But when you have no guildine other than "WWJD", then you're prone to literally "do as thou wilt" - which is one of the major issues that lead us to where society is at the moment.

Again, if you want to argue about best, and most preserved tradition, go with Roman or Eastern Catholicism.

And btw arguments aren't merely semantics. For example one of the big differences between the Eastern and Roman Catholic Churches is, among the papal unfalliability, the "filioque". It has some serious theological consequences.

Always gone to Baptist or non denominational churches but I am torn between orthodox or Lutheran right now, having a tough time deciding.

You're best off staying in Baptist churches because you people actually read the Bible unlike the Catholic and Orthodox churches. I can't stress this hard enough.

shill europe would be muslim without the catholics or do you want to be fight them beside the muslim monkeys and get betrayed and end a slave being traded around the middle east

addition:

To finally settle this argument - because I'm not a scholar, just an average guy and I'm not of the clergy - I'd advise to talk to priests, go to services and see what you can make of it.
I'm pretty sure that if you just choose by reading and trying to think about the "truth", then you're prolly not going to be happy - well maybe you will, because somehow you decided right.

I wish you all the best and success in your search for God, from the bottom of my heart. May Christ lead your way.

Have a blessed night everyone.

Christos voskrese !

better with the turks than the papists well your siding with a pedophile empire run by sultans who have hundreds of slaves and kill off their brothers plus the endless jihadis going to the bottom of the sea

I see Pagan barbarians sacking and destroying Rome.

>And the one universal truth you want to know is that which I told you.
>Our Lord Jesus Christ died through crucifixion and conquered death after 3 days. He offered us this gift as well as long as we accept him an live according to his teachings. How is that not open for interpretation ?

It's the "live according to His teachings" part that's open for interpretation. This is the problem. The church you chose will determine what that line means to you - how to live according to His teachings. This is as you said about Protestants asking WWJD and then doing as they wish accordingly. So you acknowledge the problem with Jesus's teachings being too open for interpretation without the proper tradition, but then you ask me "How is that not open for interpretation?"

So this is why I have trouble accepting that Protestantism is just fine if that's what feels right. Similarly, if the Eastern Church has a more true theology than the Western Church, I want to belong to the eastern Church, even if western Catholicism would be more convenient.

So yeah, I DO want to understand.

>>baby baptism
Refusing the original sin

T H E E T E R N A L P R O T E S T A N T

>But we are humans. We are flawed. I am not do decide if those Christians are "real" Christians or not.
>But when you have no guildine other than "WWJD", then you're prone to literally "do as thou wilt" - which is one of the major issues that lead us to where society is at the moment.
Theres an underlying contradiction in this, you are essentially taking part in this debate (which denomination is the Truth) by taking a no-stance stance. What i mean is youre saying we shouldnt "do as thou wilt" and we need guidance but you also tell me to pick whatever denomination fits me (essentially do as thou wilt)

No I don't. At least the Catholic church believes in Jesus Christ, that's one thing they've got going for them that beats the devil worshipers of Islam.

The Bible is crystal clear that only professed believers in Christ shall be baptized. And of course I believe in original sin, that still doesn't mean that babies should be baptized or are capable of committing sin.

>And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, "See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?" And Philip said, "If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
Acts 8:36-37

FFS Sven, When you're born you have the original sin and you have to wash it out with baptism. You are born guilty.

Ok so last post now lel

I did take a stance. For myself as well as with regards to him. But I am neither a scholar nor do I have any authority on the topic, and other than many other people, I don't claim otherwise. I am merely human and it is not on me to judge whether protestants are heretics in the end. Yes I do think that - because it is canon in my church and I agree with the arguments - but ultimately this doesn't matter.

I'm also not telling him to "pick whatever". All I'm saying is that noone can decide that for him and that he shall talk to actual authorities on the matter and visit a liturgy. Because no matter how many awesome arguments I have for Orthodoxy, I will not be able to convince him, because, then, around the corner comes a, say, Westboro Baptist-guy and tells him everyone but them are heretics and will be able to justify that claim.

So all in all: You can find God only through yourself and workings. So you must go where the workings are done and you must participate.

As for Orthodoxy: It has the best preserved tradition - most aligned with the first parish. If you like Roman Catholicism but despise them for the teachings, we also have a Latin Rite. No problem. If you want to read about orthodoxy, follow my link above. It's a short introduction - or read the pages of the Moscow Patriarchate if you can speak russian.

addition:

Here's the Orthodox Study Bible with commentary: www.worldhistory.biz/download567/The_Orthodox_Study_Bible_-_St.pdf

If you want reading guides, google "orthodox study bible reading guide 2years" or *1year respectively.

Here's an Orthodox catechism:
pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm#ii.xv.iii.i.p1

And because this is a generally catholic thread, here's a Roman catholic as well:
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

Get a new pope instead of a puppet.

i legit want a african pope next they know there stuff and they know how to deal with muslims they arent stupid like the liberalized cucks)) and pedo enablers

Baptism doesn't wash away sin. Nowhere in the Bible does baptism was away someone's sin. Baptism is done in obedience to the father, which is the reason Jesus was baptized -- Jesus was sinless, so there would be no reason to wash away his sin.

You mean the Pope right?