Apart from Portugal, who were the British empires other allies?

Apart from Portugal, who were the British empires other allies?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3802351/Calais-aid-workers-regularly-having-SEX-migrants-Jungle-camp-FEMALE-charity-helpers-likely-sleep-refugee.html
express.co.uk/news/world/713656/British-women-travelling-to-Calais-Jungle-camp-have-sex-with-migrants
thesun.co.uk/news/1837590/british-women-are-travelling-to-the-calais-jungle-to-have-sex-with-migrants-and-some-have-multiple-partners-in-a-day/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God and the seas

Fuck your empire.
But kudos to your music!

Prussia (Prussia is not Germany).

Depends who was of much use to us at the time. We even outjewed the jews.

BRITANNIA ONLY ALLIES ITSELF!

i welcome our future overlords. once breggzit goes through the Empire will be restored.

Austria for the longest time was.

>The largest Spanish military mobilisation of the eighteenth century
>Only 7 years after the earthquake that leveled our capital
>We literally had our armymen grabbing rocks from the sides of the road because the muskets had no bullets
>Some cunts in Trás-os-montes (peasants, women and children) held off an 8000 men army with pitchforks and scorched earth policy, and wrote a letter to the Portuguese prime minister and English general that they needed no help in the North, so that the army could better defend the Tagus banks.
>Kicked their ass so hard that Napoleon would see that they would not resist them 50 years later and just blazed through and they lost almost all their colonies.

One of the most underrated wars we fought, desu.

When did it all go wrong?

The French and German Empire complex is very real and very much alive.
get over yourselves

>t. A filthy traitor

Look at the Allied Powers in World War 1 and that should give you an idea.

>t. 54% white
Anglos are the best warriors on earth

Is it really that bad? It's surely not actually 54%?

For us?
1578 - Young King (not groomed, just picked at last minute) died with our army in Morrocco thanks to Castillian counselors
1580 - Habsburg inherits our crown and sends all our ships comanded by Sp*niard captains into an """"""invincible armada""""". We no longer have anything to defend India from the Dutch and lose it, gotta change to a Brazil-based economy
1640 - Habsburgs tried to turn us into a province so we GTFO and BTFO, started exploring the newly expanded Brazil (most of current Brazil)
1755 - Almost made a comeback, spending money on extravagant buildings when an earthquake destroys Lisbon and we spend all our money fixing it
1762 - Seven year war we've been talking about.
1808 - Napoleon cunt tries to invade so we kick him out as well
1822 - Brazil leaves, gotta change economy to be Africa-based, but the fucking niggers make it hard
1910 - Crysis (t-thanks England), Monarchy goes down and Republic sucks until 1934 or so
1934 - Dictatorship, which was nice at first, but then the dude was obsessed with the colonial wars
1961 - Colonial wars
1974 - Colonial wars ended with the coup and we let go the colonies despite winning (thanks China/USA/USSR cunts)
1980's- Join EU *cue curb your enthusiasm song*

The Earthquake was basically the final blow. After that we were just playing to destroy Spain.

>Implying

belgium was kinda cool

muh ancestors wuz loyalist n sheeit for the rebellion. You're the real traitor, we're just a rouge colony.

For adults it's 56%, adolescents according to 2014 data is actually 54%

How did Britain ruin your monarchy?

What the actual fuck? Does this not worry you, I thought it was just a meme?

We wanted an East/West railway between Luanda and Lourenço Marques (now Maputo), and you guys wanted a railway between Cairo and Capetown, so you guys gave us an ultimatum, and our King accepted the ultimatum and backed down.

This was seen as a sign of weakness (which, to be fair, we had no chances, and the Colonial wars were already hard without that extra patch of Jungle), so the (((Republicans))) overthrew the monarchy and put a Republic in place, with a shitty-ass flag.

Our Kings have sucked since 1560 or so, so the Monarchy was always shitty, but the Republic has been even worse and disorganised, with the exception of Salazar, but even he had so he had weird ideas on how to run this shit and gave all the power to the commies by not allowing them to sperg out in public.

Hispanics are an order of magnitude better than blacks or muslims. That said, of course we're worried about it.

Perfidious a*bion has and never had any allies. Everybody hates them.

I see where you're coming from, but to have a revolution over something which seems to be fairly mundane is a bit extreme.

Anglo hate thread?

The pink map fiasco (the Africa dispute) was not the only reason we broke the monarchy - we also had a case similar to the French where they were living great and everyone was illiterate and starving (something whose vestigial effects are still felt to these days) - and may not even have been the main one, but it certainly was the one the Republicans pushed the most, to the point where that king was assassinated.

You stupid faggot. Now's not the time for that. You were founded by Anglos who hated parliament. It is now thyme to become allies.

Really?

Mexico is a shithole.

I read somewhere that the average IQ of Guatamala is 79.

You guys are toast. I'm sorry.

Everyone has been allies of the British at one point or another even the Turks

Lol, brits gave ALL OF THAT so they could kill fellow whites and let Russia-USSR grove to a supa power

Coming from the Hapsburg rape baby.

nuke england

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3802351/Calais-aid-workers-regularly-having-SEX-migrants-Jungle-camp-FEMALE-charity-helpers-likely-sleep-refugee.html
express.co.uk/news/world/713656/British-women-travelling-to-Calais-Jungle-camp-have-sex-with-migrants
thesun.co.uk/news/1837590/british-women-are-travelling-to-the-calais-jungle-to-have-sex-with-migrants-and-some-have-multiple-partners-in-a-day/

You know you want it

Fuck off, spic

It's inevitable if you've got a class divide as large as that.

Sorry Portubro. We fucked up on that one.

coming from the Hanover Germanic rapebaby

No not really, only from time to time during the napoleonic wars, you stopped being allies with them after that

You had a good relationship with Prussia and Germany until Wilhelm II fucked up your relationship though, after that you became our allies and for a long time

Yeah but Muslims make up 4% of the UK's population while Mexicans make up a good 30% of ours

Doesn't matter who they were

Fake news, time for a siesta manuel

Wise lad

No, poor/moortugal, you will hear the truth and embrace it.

I'm fine with being poor and even with the concept of Republic. Country's safe and nice and the food and weather are GOAT

I just want my nice blue flag back. Red and Green are masonry colours, not Portuguese colours.

We had an alright relationship post Protestant war, our biggest war together before Napoleon was the war of Spanish succession. Between Austria and France.

>muh fake news
This is a typical a*glo reaction when faced with the disgraceful state of their "country".

Friendship with Israel ENDED - Great Britain is my greatest ally now.

>only source is 3 censored Facebook posts
It's literally nothing

MAKE ISRAEL BRITISH AGAIN!

how is it possible you never recovered your economical power since the XVIth century ? Does Portugal has any notable ressources in itself or it only relied on its colonies ?

Is it though? Interracial marriage in a*gloland is really common...

Sorry lad you're obviously still bitter that Philip II of spain proposed marriage to Elizabeth I and she said "lol no" so Philip went into a mood tried to invade England and promptly got BTFO and again in 1805 at Trafalgar

up your arse lad

you still did some wars against the Empire after the end of the thirty years war (which was a really bloody war), remember that you were against Austria during the seven years war and it was one of the most important war of this century

You weren't allied with them, you just didn't have a real issue with them and were always allied with their enemies because Austria was sometimes with France

The only time you were officially allied with Austria was because of Napoleon and it didn't last after the restauration of the french kingdom

I get your point, the main thing I'm saying is that we weren't as antagonist as we were with you French.

>a*glo "education"

To be honest she was dumb to decline that offer, having the biggest empire of your timeline by your side and one day integrate into it to create a mega empire was really more interesting for you

>how is it possible you never recovered your economical power since the XVIth century ?
We never really had a break or a length of time to do it. Heck, even before that, each venture to India was done for the profit so we could send a second one. We have never been a rich country, even at our prime. We've never at any point been as rich as Spain, even. The money we kept was spent on:
a) buildings (that fell during the earthquake or are just decaying for lack of funds)
b) frivoulous, ephemerous shit for kings with too high an empire craze to notice that it would not be sustainable.

We never even had much population to tax. We went to India/Brazil/Africa on a 1 million population. As soon as our first army defeat happened (in Morrocco), we were toast, and had no decent replacement. We were the glass cannon of colonial powers, desu. Which, you know, sucks for us, but at least we did shit larger countries would've never have dreamed, and every punch we threw was way above our weight.

>Does Portugal has any notable ressources in itself or it only relied on its colonies?
Wolfram (that we sold to hitler to build our current gold reserves, since we spent Brazil's gold on rebuilding Lisbon and the rest Napoleon stole) and Lythium, which might come in handy in the near future.

After that we don't have anything besides being generally scrappy - we're generally good engineers and construction workers, which is what we're going for at the moment.

yes you weren't, you waged war against Austria because of us, not them, you didn't really care about Vienna

I'm so proud Australia and NZ were a success but we need to kick the commie out if Canada before they wreck the place

>really common
Uh... No, extremely uncommon actually considering mixed race population is less than 0.5% of the population

Guess who owns Granada

I'm not saying its ideal or even good but we're not seeing major conflict between whites and hispanics. If the UK was 30% muslim you would probably have a civil war.

Doubt it, we'd probably bend over and take it like cucks.

Fucks sake.

>Completey ignoring the Spanish invasion of England I was talking about, Spain most powerful Empire of the era and still failed

>To be honest she was dumb to decline that offer, having the biggest empire of your timeline by your side

Quite the opposite, for Elizabeth to have married Philip it would have handed Phillip certain powers and land etc, it was a political power-move by Philip and Elizabeth saw right through it

don't forget your bestest friend... america!

I'm not sure but now that Prussia is out of the way Her Majesty the Queen needs to press her claim on the Kingdom of Hannover.
With 10,000 Hessian mercenaries and the Dutch on our side we should be able to do some damage on the continent eh lads?

Have you found any data? I could only find personal experiencies. Genuinely curious.

> we're generally good engineers and construction workers

Engineers I didn't know but most of construction workers in France are portuguese, we always say it's a job for portuguese people and they dream about building stuff with concrete when they are babies

> We went to India/Brazil/Africa on a 1 million population. As soon as our first army defeat happened (in Morrocco), we were toast, and had no decent replacement. We were the glass cannon of colonial powers, desu.

Yeah I see, you were a small country with a small population you did the best possible, you couldn't compete with the massive population (before the unification of Germany and outside of Russia that was backwarded France had the biggest population of the continent, we never used that advantage tho, we could have beaten the brits in America if we tried to really compete with them) of France and the power of spanish and english navy, also the dutch were way more rich and more into a capitalist way of thinking, not about being able to send another expedition next time but being able to have a shit ton of money in the end, it's sad you didn't end up like the Netherlands but still you tried and you tried very well considering the odds

>and still failed
Due to bad weather. Barely an achievement.

lelmao you want an autism wikipedia battle with us youre going to lose

>33 ships vs 41
>+50 vs 6 in the battle I posted
Your point? Find a battle with such numbers in which you win against us. You only won Trafalgar because we were under the command of a f*enchy faggot remember.

That flag is incorrect

If the union managed to be stable in the end if could have been a good thing for the United Kingdom, I guess

It's true that backwarded and not that populated areas in south america aren't that useful and the spanish continental economy wasn't that great but considering the massive colonial migrations made by the brits the irish and the germans to populate the british colonies and after that the USA (and Texas), dealing with colonies with very small populations could have made them british culturaly in the end, most probably racemixed tho (or maybe not if it's like in South Africa)

>Due to bad weather.

There's a reason Britannia is the goddess of the sea, now you know why she carries a trident

Britannia

True. It would make more sense though. The Irish flag being asymmetric is living proof you are a bunch of autists.

Holland benefitted from being able to sell shit to France and Germany (or proto-germany). All we had to sell to was Spain, who consistently fucked up their economy. Our position in Europe isn't the best, although I guess we could've done it if we applied ourselves and committed to it at one point or another.

Most of our diaspora to France was in the 70's, when we were forced to de-colonise Africa, so you get fairly uneducated people who have to do construction jobs that kind of suit their mentality - pragmatic and problem-solving jobs, for the most part.

Now in the 00's and 10's we send Engineers, which sucks, because it's a brain-drain, but I guess the Portuguese aren't ones for sticking too long in Portugal, kek.

We lost most of those men to disease.

You have the support of Satan, I give you that.

So? This only demonstrates how incompetent you were.

We gave the world the English language,now even the french speak in gods tongue.

You can say a lot of things about the British, one thing you can't call us is incompetent at Empire building.

We have your ROCK,you road sweeper.

Not before 1800. And thank God it didn't last long once built.

You mad nigga.

If you have it, it is not mine, is it? Why would I desire something that does not belong to me. It would be quite unchristian of me, would it not?

>We lost most of those men to disease.
Yeah, bullet fever.

>You only won Trafalgar because we were under the command of a f*enchy faggot remember.

We won trafalgar because we pumped everything we had into naval doctrine, constant drilling/practice, naval cannon and fuse improvements, navigational equipment such as the sextant, naval compasses etc etc

Our navy and its command really was just better than everybody elses

Please keep feeding the monkeys.

You only prove continental Europe's superiority with those pics. How can island faggots even compete?

I can confirm that the portuguese in France are numerous, hardworking but aren't known to be really intelligent, they earn the money legaly in any case but are so fucking proud of Portugal that it starting to be annoying, I never saw any elite portuguese in France, I guess the brain drain isn't toward us

With that pic you only prove my point. Your navy was average but Nelson had the brilliant idea to attack with a vertical line istead of with a horizontal one as it was traditionally done.

It definitely isn't. You guys got the uneducated cunts, and we hate our french diaspora too. They were the rejects that came from Africa and couldn't find a job here (i.e. the dumber, more useless ones)

Worse of all, you guys have now got the 2nd generation of them, which are probably proud of our great history, but are not familiarised with our ways of shutting the fuck up and being polite. A typical Portuguese should be stern and stoic and be ready to help out a person up until the point that person feels entitled. Not just shout shit like they are the best around and being generally obnoxious. Sadly, France got the latter. We're sorry.

>I never saw any elite portuguese in France
What you sure saw was a bunch of central african f*enchmen doing f*ench things, did you not?

>Your navy was average

>18th and and 19th century British navy average

It was THE best, it was THE most powerful, highly trained, funded and technologically advanced Navy in the word

Oh and copper plated hulls too, another British naval innovation

It's sometimes hard not to notice how Britain's path is almost exactly the same as Portugal, except lagging behind 2 centuries and reaping all the benefits that came from that.

I'm glad that if we had to lose our hegemony, we lost it to another land of fishermen.

>it was THE most powerful
Because the f*ench imbeciles allowed you to sink their entire navy without even fighting.

>highly trained, funded and technologically advanced
The training was the same as in the rest of Europe until the 19th century, technologically you always had smaller ships until the 19th century and the funding was the necessary I suppose. Overall you were average during the Napoleonic Wars until Trafalgar, then your naval supremacy started and lasted until WW1.