How did the strongest country in the world lose to a bunch of malnourished rice farmers?

how did the strongest country in the world lose to a bunch of malnourished rice farmers?

Other urls found in this thread:

prageru.com/courses/history/truth-about-vietnam-war
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They actually retreated because of politics, they could have won the war.

We didn't lose, check out the death tolls and repost with an apology OP.

Yeah someone did a straight up NGO/soros/ paid protester thing with the antiwar movement. Nothing about that was grassroots

Because in other wars like Korea and WW2 there was always an objective. Go to Carentan, capture the city, hold off the counter attack and wait for supplies. Get to Gyongbuckgul, capture the village, get intel and wait for reliefs.

Nam was basically search and destroy in the jungle. Charlie was better at it + The support from the Soviets helped out as well. NVA was pretty decent but Vietcong was a pain in the ass to deal with. American people didn't believe in the war (as they should have) and it was pointless to let Americans die for it. So Americans being the dicks they were just completely ditched the South Vietnamese + their promises so that the NVA could steamroll South Vietnam and become the 'Nam we know. Although the US technically didn't lose the war, they sure failed at it. Which could be the same as losing it.

Americans think squandering trillions and losing 55,000 American dead and hundreds of thousands of wounded (that you're still paying for) is winning

War has casualities, what's your point? I guess they didn't win WW1 either because "dead american soldiers".

Not unlike the great stab in the back Hitler mentioned, you had Jews causing trouble domestically.

They were in tunnels like fucking rats, and South Vietnamese and North Vietnamese are both gooks who can you trust?

Unless we annihilated villages and cities filled with women and children for the news cameras on a daily basis, we were doomed from the beginning. We fought the war with our hands tied.

So you don't understand history.

sigh... please educate me then -.-

well its not like only the US suffered after the war
I mean if the vets are a big deal in the US that's because the public has awareness of the issue
I can't imagine the state of like chinese veterans or other nations that were involved

meant to reply to you

Most Asians are bitchy little cry babies and can handle the after effects of war.

Aren't*

see

They were supported by the Soviets and the Chinese.

North Vietnam did in fact not build any Mig jets.

Oh look it's this thread again

>muh k/d ratio
Tell us more about that strategic long term victory you didn't even come close to achieving before fleeing like cowards. The fact that the US had napalm to drop and bombs to drop on a bunch of farmers with AK's surely didn't influence that.

I'm not reading that fucking iliyad I'm playing Total War rn, just TL DR me

They were never meant to win. It was a means of making money for certain parties and it was a means of trying out new equipment. The top brass and politicians weren't interested in victory.

we didnt, we just left.

Really hard when you're goal is just to eliminate entire groups of people many of which aren't even openly part of that group in extremely dense jungle that westerners had basically never even explored. Think of what a hard time we have selecting out and killing terrorists in the Middle East right now. Now imagine the same 50 years ago and in a jungle.

>The support from the Soviets helped out as well
Lel they had a huge-jazz arsenal from the Soviets. The picture of some chink with an SKS is kinda obsolete. They had AKs, minse, AA guns, SAMs you name it senpai.
Plus their logistics were preddy good.

Turns out Napalming rain forests isn't that effective of a tactic for defeating guerillas

>how did vietnam lose to vietnam
Are you off your meds OP

It's hard to win when you don't have a realistic win condition.

Americans cant win wars

Some one always did this tread.

Bump.

>3 posts
>the illiad

tl;dr the American media really did betray the military

That's what I said

Watch and learn.
prageru.com/courses/history/truth-about-vietnam-war

>Prager Jew
Yeah, no.

no, you said that the war didn't have any clear objectives and that the Americans couldn't deal with the Vietcong, both of which were wrong.

Sup Forums is having a run of a vietnam war comic this month, by the way.

US lost by having unrealistic goals, and being unwiling to take the necessary steps to achive them. The objective was a functional state, without removing the existing dysfunctional south vietnam government and making it a colony or direct US protectorate.

The US was unwilling to secure cambodia or the north side of the vietnam border, target the north vietnamese command structure, and refused many other actions because it would kill too many north vietnamese civillians.

Scorecard isn't measured in dollars or bodies. It's measured in whether you meet your objectives or not. Come on Canada, you used to be good at this war shit.

Especially when you don't napalm the village that the guerrillas are based in and came from.

>American people didn't believe in the war (as they should have) and it was pointless to let Americans die for it. So Americans being the dicks they were just completely ditched the South Vietnamese + their promises so that the NVA could steamroll South Vietnam and become the 'Nam we know.

I did...

Also you're wrong about me being wrong.

just go back and actually read the image I posted

how do you post this thread every single fucking day over and over without thinking about anhero?

Fine but later, probably the thread will be dead by then but whatever I'll read it later. Which faction should I be on Total War: the huns or the saxons?

Unwilling to do what must be done. Incendiary B-52 strikes from the north down would have fixed the Vietnamese problem.

And your contribution is what, exactly?

Because it was a war that we weren't allowed to win. (((They))) had more investment in keeping the war in a perpetual quagmire than allowing a country to 'win'.

Well multiple reasons, none are military strength. One is kinda surprising though...

>malnourished rice farmers

The US just can't fight people from the third world because their used to poverty, death and hunger. You can destroy their homes and food sources and it won't matter. You can kill plenty of them but life for them is short and painful to begin with. So why give up?? You might as well keep fighting and make the enemies life hell also. If anything atleast you'll die fighting not from lack of drops or dysentery.

Not a Jewish source.

The NVA was one of the best armies in the world at the time, supported by both the USSR and China with plenty of combat experience. Most of the combat was US vs NVA with only some combat against the Vietcong in the south.

We left with a peace treaty, the north and south screwed the pooch afterward. We left having accomplished our goals. It's a meme that we lost against starving rice farmers.

we didn't lose, we didn't have time to deal with these fuckers hiding in the ground instead of fighting like men.

Everything, including your justification for denying an opportunity to learn from mistakes of the past, is about the Jews, then?

Dolchstoss as usual.

Even the British hated
>Muh Yanks.

>Even when we lose we didn't lose.

See, this is the same American logic that means most of the world hates you.

Although you are right; if you were a defence/military shareholder, you did very well and won the war financially because you dumb Americans had your tax dollars vacuumed up.

Search and destroy is a perfectly fine objectibve. It's just not a substitute for a ground invasion or firebombing Hanoi.

Our goals were fucking retarded.

If the americans wanted to win they could have thrown more bodies to the meatgrinder, the war was actually won by the KGB via demoralization and ideological subversion, the whole hippie anti-war movement is what got the government to withdraw their troops and it was infested by infiltrators and their libtard puppies

Beacuse there cuck and cant stand a little junge gorilla warfare

read The Art of War faggot.

>Our goals were fucking retarded.
Stabilizing Southeast Asia against Communism was retarded?

THIS

I recently spent a couple of weeks in Saigon and went to all the war museums and truly came to understand the meaning of "history is written by the victors".

I then did more reading on the history of the war and now my opinion is pretty much in line with the text in that image.

I think that where the USA mainly went wrong was the level of hubris the military command and body politic went into it with, much the same as the British did with Gallipoli in WWI.

Yes. We shouldn't be involved in others personal business. It's unfortunate to be persecuted under a communist regime, but why should we waste thousands of white lives so some rice niggers won't live under a Communist government?

AK47s and traps.. lot of scary traps

Because then communism pops up in other countries and starts spreading around the world, turning into a more and more powerful enemy of capitalism and western values.

Not saying i agree with it, but why the fuck cant anyone think for themselves nowadays? The perspective is not hard to understand

> Failing to understand the dangers of Marxist-Leninist Communism
user...

>malnourished

Rice, vegetables and soy sauce are the GOAT guerilla diet.

blood and soil, determination, being tierd of the endless occupation by foreigners (for the last one, read their history)
and ofcourse, forced ideology because a greater cause

RAVE AFTA RAVE OF OUR OWN MEN

>Terrible conditions
>Ambush's
>Terrible strategy
>copious amounts of heroin, pot. and alcohol
>Your heart wasn't in it
>No help from Canada

The US had no REAL national interest in waging the war. Even the hawks weren't willing to do what it took to win.:
Massive bombing
All out invasion of North Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
Poison gas into the tunnel systems
Complete willingness to face Chinese and Soviet forces.

The NVA and Charlie wanted victory more and didn't care that they were BTFO on a daily basis.

Now they get to send their daughters to Nike factories and be US allies against China.