Has the war on drugs failed? I always see young 20 something college students say it failed

Has the war on drugs failed? I always see young 20 something college students say it failed.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MyjCq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You tell me. Has it been cost effective? Has it been a good use of time, resources, and the prison system? Is it still easy to acquire drugs?

ALERT: THIS IS A SLIDING THREAD. SAGE AND REPORT

Highly successful. Prisons are full and the lawyers and cops make more money every year.

It's a little like the Vietnam war, innit?
It ends when America forfeits. And continues to wage on until then.

No

Yeah, it failed because they're the ones on drugs. They have first hand experience that it is a failure

>Has it been a good use of time, resources, and the prison system
I guess that depends on who you ask.

Well, how many retarded pothead sluts do you see wandering around these days? I think that should answer your question.

Also, I'm going to pretend this is not shit posting/ bait.

The war on drugs benefits the privatised correctional facilities, bent cops, and corrupt politicians - as well as the organised crime syndicates distributing the illegal wares (Exactly like prohibition did in the 20s).

Legalising drugs and distributing them through pharmacies will: Terminate the income of: Corrupt politicians, police officers, and other officials directly benefiting from the current illegal wares being distributed.
Increase the BNP through taxes.
Decrease the amount of ODs as responsible pharmacists will be in control of the distribution and ratio of each and every content of the drugs sold.
Decrease violence, as gangs in the streets will no longer have to fight over who gets to push dope on what street corner.
Lower the prostitution rate, as people will have easier access to their drugs and no longer be imprisoned for using, and thus not (to as wide an extend as now) lose their jobs.

Not making drugs legal and selling them through government-licensed pharmacies is the biggest revenue for organised crime.

what are they sliding?

Set your moralfaggotry aside for a moment and ask yourself whether this "war on drugs" has legitimately been a good (and effective) use of your tax money or not.

I trust you to come to the right conclusion.

Imagine all that money going towards border security and getting BLM and ANTIFA under control instead.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home please leave a message. I'm not around or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home.

There is only 1 way that war on drugs would work: execute all the fuckers you catch with drugs, selling drugs ormusing drugs. When you are done with a few thousand of them, people will start thinking twice about using and selling.

It appears you two agree: Forfeit the war on drugs, legalise everything, distribute through government-licensed 'dealers' (I suggest pharmacists)

The war we never fought.

That's an impossible question to answer. There's no telling how widespread drug abuse would be if we didn't make efforts to curb it.

who cares, just legalize them and weed out the weak fucks. they will either OD or fix their lives.

I don't disagree with this. Take the Middle Eastern response to the problem.

I like your eugenics perspective, but there's too much chance for collateral damage.

Yes.
This is why weed is legal in the best corea.

would you start using heroin if it was legal? would you smoke meth if it was legal? is the legality of the drug really the thing that stops you from using it?

this is what I don't understand about anyone who supports making drugs illegal

You can make a very well educated guess.

The Netherlands saw a decline in drug abuse after legalising marijuana. Same thing for the states in the US who decided upon the same.

>be a no friends faggot
>start doing coke
>be a friends faggot
i'd say it worked fine

Drug use does not equal drug abuse mate.

Also, I already closed this thread. There is no more discussion.
Cease.

>American war on drugs
>War.

All you do faggots is pumping the cartels full of weapons based on (((failed sting-deals))) and allowing the (((CIA))) to help the rest deal happily.

This motherfucker on the other hand.
>6000 deaths
>more than 1.5M arrests and voluntary surrenders.

Yes, it failed.

The only people who don't acknowledge so are the brainlet cuckservatives who post the equivalent of 'real gommunism has never been tried' and apply it to the drug war

It's a problem that's being milked by politicians in the US, Mexico, and any place where there is a substantial demand and supply of drugs

>herion
no
>meth
honestly, if it was good quality? yes
>legality
its not the only thing, but neither is raping a woman or decapitating faggots.

That may be true but the unemployment rate and crime rate also went up in the states that legalized dude weeds

>doing some drugs in your room is the equivalent of decapitating or raping someone
Thank god you straight edge cucks don't do drugs, you'd be far more stupid than you already are

It never started. It's all a CIA op to fund black projects or so I've heard but isn't fun to pretend to fight it?

Correlation != Causation
There may very well be many other factors factoring in on this. (fuck me, I need more synonyms - it's late in Denmark and I'm tired).

Crime rates rise when people are feeling entitled to other people's things (directly linked to poverty rate).
Unemployment rate is mainly influenced by work market exhaustion; supply and demand.
Look into areas of legalising marijuana and then check for possible work places being shut down or outsourced - I'm willing to bet there's a correlation here, stronger than the amount of newly-decided week-smokers.

The fun thing is that cartels don't like gringos, yeah they help to cross the drugs, but honestly who likes sharing money?

yes it has. one of the things liberals actually get right

>meth
ritalin, adderall, dex more or less... we give meth to fucking 5 y/os

dex meaning DXM?

You can't get everything from nothing. The United States government tried the least invasive form of drug control for the law abiding citizen - people aren't schooled and they aren't forced to micromanage themselves all the time, drugs were supposed to not be available so they don't have to deal with internal conflicts.

Unfortunately, the people weren't grateful for this and instead acted like entitled teenagers - circumventing the ban on the drugs while enjoying the general immunity from criticism for drug abuse.

So, all in all it didn't work out that well because people were even bigger douchebags than those that tried to help them.

are you overall arguing its the crime associated with drug addiction thats the issue?
that I can understand

so you're fine with people shoveling mcdonalds down their throat but when it involves drugs, oh the horror

exactly
if drugs are illegal, eating rocks should be illegal, being obese should be illegal

never once have I heard a good argument against this

McDonald's is such a big problem precisely because it is so easy to get their food

Do most people think a small burger restaurant is a big problem? No, because smaller incidence is always less damage.

That's expanding the parameters too far. It's a weak way to justify drug abuse.
>oh, you can eat cheeseburgers so I can shoot up heroin, checkmate atheists

I don't know why the children on Sup Forums don't like the drug war.

They're angry racists who should appreciate that the number one reason blacks are incarcerated and off the streets is because of the war on drugs.

would you then argue there should be a social stigma against eating unhealthily?

obesity in america costs an incredible amount of money and causes many diseases

so you're right, eating a cheeseburger here or there isn't an issue and many can control themselves with fast food, but many cannot and the wide availability and low prices and legality of it contribute to an obesity and obesity-related-disease epidemic

well theres a fuckton of blacks in prison instead of on my street, so i like it

>would you then argue there should be a social stigma against eating unhealthily?
yes, if the obesity is a problem for everyone direct or indirect, this is probably necessary to some extent

look at the financial cost of obesity in america

go ahead and go to a BMI calculator, and see how much weight you'd need to gain to be considered obese...its not even close to the same thing as being overweight

and it causes an incredible amount of health issues, all this while having drugs in tiny amounts for personal use is a criminal offense?

because it's actually possible to loose weight, where as most drugs are life-tome hooks which are impossible to get rid of, just supress.

>The way on drugs is fucking stupid, like, people are just going to find a way to get drugs no matter what and it's just going to, like create a black market

>BAN ALL GUNS!

look up on how it is for people incredibly fat to lose weight, their metabolism is fucked for life
there is a big difference between just being overweight and being obese

same principles as to guns you dummy
making drugs illegal doesn't make it harder to get drugs

yeah so I agree there should be a stigma against unhealthy eating and mayb even some form of regulation

the problem with drugs is that it's a bit like saying damaged goods cost much more than theft, but that's of course because most theft is thwarted

Yes, the war on drugs has kept the black community from straying too far from the plantation. Also, drugs need to be stigmatized in a healthy society.

>drugs make you stupid
that's the idea

Wrong flag.

it wastes money and there are more drugs than ever

which drugs user?

It keeps niggers from stuffing people into tires and lighting them aflame

Also you have to be a colossal idiot to get hit with a major possession charge. So that's an extra level of darwinism

Thats the point he was making you stupid fucking faggot

I see you've chosen your proper flag. This is a well oiled machine.

stupid from what drugs?

It's been victorious in creating a permanent underclass of institutionalized individuals used for cheap labor, destroying families and communities in the process and ruining millions of lives.

>Has the war on drugs failed?

no, it protects the medical monopoly puts darkies in jail and keeps black market drugs prices high it does everything it was meant to

I want more pictures of mixed girls.

You're implying the left wouldn't abuse the situation and give drug users a free pass to make more welfare and votes. You pay for drug addicts whether you want to or not.

>is the legality of the drug really the thing that stops you from using it?
No, but my job does random hair testing so that does a pretty good job at stopping me.

There's free market ways to regulate drug use. Drug testing at workplaces for insurance reasons is one of them. Limiting your employment opportunities is a decent enough reason to not go overboard with your drug use.

exactly. Oregon is a good example of this.

Yeah I really wish it was "you can be as degenerate as you want, but don't expect anyone to help you if your degenerate lifestyle destroys you" but the reality is that degeneracy only gives more power to communists.

>Limiting your employment opportunities is a decent enough reason to not go overboard with your drug use.
I agree with that

isn't letting your job trust test you more or less the same as it being illegal to use drugs though?

Yes, the prison lobby wanted their industry to expand and has spent millions lobbying since 1989. They've been very successful, prisons are now a multi-billion dollar industry.
archive.is/MyjCq

I expect to get a lot of shit for this, but outside of the US (with privatised prisons) there hasn't really been much of a war on drugs.

Before the 1960s drug use wasn't very widespread at all, then it exploded. But in Australia possession alone was never heavily prosecuted, and nowadays weed is de facto decriminalised (in that almost no one will get arrested and prosecuted for possession and personal use). This is also the case for a lot of Euro nations. Meanwhile in countries like Japan and South Korea drug use is pretty minimal and also met with harsh punishment.

The real problem has been the normalisation of drug use and degeneracy, which has ravaged Western culture.

The sooner we legalize drug purchases with drivers licenses, the sooner we can target degenerates.

t. former heroin addict that now bikes 5 miles a day and has two blonde hair blued eyed boys that say "yes sir" and "no ma'am"

I would assume he means dextroamphetamine