Any else miss the 2000s?

It was a much more simple time. It just felt better to be living then, more homely somehow.

Also, music was not TOO sexualised as it is now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixolydian_mode#Moloch_scale
youtu.be/0yr-LaMhvro?t=100
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonai_malakh_mode
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klezmer#Adoyn-y_Moloch
kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/the-world-of-smog-rise-of-moloch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

speaking of music, WHAT THE HELL??
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixolydian_mode#Moloch_scale
MOLOCH SCALE??

Imagine Sup Forums during the invasion of Iraq

Jesus that would have been comfy

eh it was worse then... wtf you talking about.

True that would have been fun to watch.

Fuck that. If I was going to go back in time, it would be the 80's.

/pol would have just been Iraqi's announcing their 2 week notice and posting resumes

Kinda, I miss a lot of the stuff from the 2000s like movies and TV shows I liked but that's mainly it.

Its a pretty happy scale :)

Sometimes I still go back and watch the live coverage of the shock and awe campaign on baghdad.

youtu.be/0yr-LaMhvro?t=100
action starts around 1:40 if link no worky

>Moloch scale is the name used by Klezmer musicians for the Mixolydian scale, to which it is identical. In Klezmer, it is usually transposed to C, where the main chords used are C, F, and G7 (sometimes Gm).
REDIRECTS TO THIS PAGE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonai_malakh_mode
>In music, the Adonai malakh scale is a musical mode used in Jewish music.

>"Adonai malakh" ("God is King"), a line from Psalm 93, is set using the Adonai malakh scale at the close of the introduction to the Kabalat Shabat (Friday evening synagogue service).[2]

>It adds flats as it goes higher, and its pitch set is similar to the Persian Dastgāh-e Māhur and Russian Obikhod scale.

AND LOOKING THROUGH KLEZMER MUSIC I ALSO FOUND THIS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klezmer#Adoyn-y_Moloch

>Adoyn-y Moloch means "my Lord reigns" in Hebrew. It is common in traditional synagogue services (they are the beginning words of many of the Psalms). It is similar to the Western Mixolydian mode and can be thought of as a major scale with a lowered 7th, which is sometimes raised at cadences, but is generally avoided altogether.

I'M FUCKING SPOOPED HERE GUYS!! HELP!!

>the 80's
>cold war
>nuclear holocaust scare
>acid rain
>hole on the ozone layer fucking sun was killing people
>smog everywhere
>rampant unemployment
>all time high crime
>fashion that induced epileptic seizures

fuck no, no thanks.

t. born 1975

The 2000's meant 9/11 and that was a huge nail in the coffin of Western civilization.

The 90's were where it's at.

Well the internet was better back then. I won't even blame social media for ruining it since social media existed back then but wasn't ubiquitous. It was fine when people were checking it once or twice a day on a laptop/desktop computer but once smartphones came into play, they enabled social media to become cancer. That aside, smartphones have ruined the internet in other ways: web developers prioritising phone users, software developers likewise (see Windows 8), phoneposters on Sup Forums, etc. Everything outlined so far can be traced back to smartphones becoming standard which I attribute to the release of the iPhone in 2007.

Another thing since then is how internet traffic is getting centralised to the main websites now which is killing off smaller communities such as forums. Some people won't care since they hate aspects of forums such as mods abusing their powers or people with 10,000 posts having their opinion more valid but it's still sad in a way. This is an aside though since you can't really link it directly to smartphones

Everything went to shit after the 2008 financial crash and never recovered

'90's>aughts>tens

My experience anyways
>t.'80's baby

quality post, celtic brother.

I miss the 80's

all the years from the late 90's til now are just a big blurry mess to me

Guise, d-did we send someone out to d-document the event on v-video?
W-were they d-dancing Israelis?

Why? The US teamed up with Israel to destablize a nation that could have been a great ally.

No, but I sure so miss the 90's.

I've been down the Moloch rabbit hole and it is indeed very spooky

kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/the-world-of-smog-rise-of-moloch
might wanna look at this