How do we get millennials to stop working at Starbucks so they can find a real job?

How do we get millennials to stop working at Starbucks so they can find a real job?

I have a real job at Subway as a Sandwich Artist

do you need a sandwich art degree to work there?

I'm 22 and make 32k. no degree.

I'll never be good but I'll never be bad. idk.

Is this real? How the fuck do any of you even live?

I'm 22 and literally never had a job

I'm a helicopter maintainer. 24 years old and making 120k a year. Thank god for the army.

Probably live at home.

I'm a nigger
Gib me money white boi

No

What the fuck?!? I'm 23 and I make 15k a month.

With parents or roommates.

Shit I wish I was making 20k a yr in CA

no one I know makes anywhere close to that

Student debts too

You'd be lucky to make ~10k a yr working min wage, and that'd be 40 hours a week too

There's literally no jobs for millennials that pay $15 an hour, all dead end $10 jobs, anything above $12 requires 5 yrs experience

My guess is you're contracting in Iraq or Afghanistan, so tread lightly user. Make that money but bank that shit, it doesn't last forever.

What is the age range for 'millenial' here? I thought we were all getting close to 30, but if this includes 18-22 year olds then no shit it's gonna be skewed by college students or nascent NEETs.

NW Arkansas working for
Walmart. 15Y goes a long way.

1986 and up.

do you feel like a madd cunt boasting on an anonymous board without any understanding of economics or the world. are you honestly surprised or do you just wanna feel like a big man?

I'm a literal pizza guy, and I make better than this.

31 yo, 90k/yr sans degree (FL). Learn to code, script, and/or network engineer... and get good. I could be making more but my company is poised to strike big very soon so I'm sticking it out.

>You'd be lucky to make ~10k a yr working min wage, and that'd be 40 hours a week too
wtf are you talking about?
$10 an hour at 40 hours a week is $400 a week. 52 weeks a year is $20,800 not $10,000.

Shiet, I got offered a job that pays 15$ an hour after working for an apartment complex for about a month via a temp agency.
It's apartment maintenance but it's a decent wage.

You literally can't do fucking math. I wonder why you don't make money, you NEET fuck.

There are 2k hours in a standard 40hr/week year.
CA minimum wage is 10.50/hr.
10.50 X 2000 = 21,000
Take away around

For simplification, we will say the fed taxes you for 18% of income (including ssi and medicare)

Commiefornia hits you with 4% so thats 22% to taxes

Leaves you with 16,380 / year.

Slightly more than 10k

Well goddamn. VIP shit? Whatev, good on you, best of luck, but that is still quite thelucky gig you locked down. You're not about to go out and just find another one around the corner so appreciate that shit.

I was an Air Force equivalent of an Army 45B, USMC 2111, but plus helo armament (CSAR). Made my $ overseas for several years. Now I got the senpai and steady 9-5z

Got any industry recommendations? I'm making 70k in VA doing enterprise web development. It's comfy, but I am ready to move on and futureproof my skillset.

>millennials making more in Nebraska than in California

How can shitfornia even compete?

We are late bloomers.

Two roommates, rice and beans, thrift everything, save everything.

Usually Art History is good enough

Ya grew up in bentonville and friends with several vendors. Looking for a qt3.14 aryan waifu but I ain't gonna settle for no gold diggin whore. Gotta have standards mein neger. Anyways ya aircraft maintenance is safe from automation so well ride that gravy train until retirement.

From what I've heard webdev is saturated, though I don't know how true that is. $70 isn't terrible, assuming you're in the right side of 30, though you could be doing better if you're smart.

I might look into beefing up Cisco net eng, CCNA or better, Apache, plus anything in the security field is getting really hot. Obviously DevOps if you have strong programming background.

The industry is solid all around on the technical side. Just find a niche and go hard with it.

BUMP

Thanks dude. I am self taught like you, so I can see how the certs will help with the pedigree. I like programming the most and wires the least so maybe that will help me decide. I know security will blossom thanks to the glut of shitty coders.

Why is everything so fucking expensive in the US?
Those wages could support a family of 4 in Italy

Don't mind me, making 76k starting...sales. Too bad I am paying off debt.

Not a nigger, have stem degree(not comp sci), pretty good looking, military, worked 2 jobs while college full time.

God I love having benefits, and an ira.

Make about $21000 a year from my job. But I also trade stocks so I have a bit of extra cash.

Why dont you boomers die faster so millennials can take your job?

Nebraskers at least have a little bit of work ethic from working on those corn farms and shit growing up.

Commishitian millenials have never faced a day of hard work in their life besides protesting.

Why try and get a real job when youtube has mind fucked all the kids that all you need to do to be rich is upload toy or candy videos?
I'm going to laugh when historians look back at what fucked the world over and places the blame squarely on these shit ass unethical mega tech companies.

You have to start somewhere.
All the millennials fell for the college scam and now that they are graduating they have no work experience and have to start from scratch.
It doesnt matter that they have degrees when everyone and their dog has one.
Even the stem fields are flooded, so anyone who was stupid enough to major outside of that is shit outta luck.