Humanity in space

How the fuck can humanity become a space civilization without first having a centralized earth government?

What country would be mad enough to sent people out into space? They'd know they stand no chance of keeping control over them. Pretty much anyone who goes out into space past the asteroid belt is basically guaranteed to break off into an independent state, more so someone going interstellar. So who would possible do this except for private entities basically kickstarting it for lack of a better word?

When we do manage to get off earth, and assuming we ever get off the solar system, everyone is just going to continue fighting over the solar system. Nobody is going to want to be the one cuck saying "h-hey guys, w-we made it to Alpha centauri! h-hehe, it takes 4 years to get a message out there and they basically have nothing to do with us, b-but we sent them, s-so they're technically ours, haha!"

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=f5c_1499494388
youtube.com/watch?v=sMfmVzHZvkc
archive.org/details/kingsdethronedhi00hickrich
youtu.be/iQxzWpy7PKg
jp-petit.org/science/f300/a301.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The sad truth is that unless there is some sort of ground-breaking discovery that completely changes our understanding of physics, interstellar travel is impossible.

Well, it's not impossible. But I can see how it is incredibly doubtful unless your ships are carrying millions of people and they're ran like a police state.

humans are a deeply flawed naturally evolved great ape, I think it will wait until humanity is surpassed, robots or genetically modified superhumans, or some new form of life using nanotechnology, something like that

it would take spaceships to be self-sustainable for hunderds of years, but it is possible

Transhumanism is probably further away than interstellar travel I feel. As it has all kinds of barriers aside technology.
And even then, I don't think hyper intelligent machines, who presumably have free-will of some sort, would be able to avoid the whole issue of "oh well it's been 1000 years, I really think I changed my mind about this whole thing'.

Maybe if we were able to "download" our minds somehow into a computer and transport them back to earth you could fix forget this whole thing entirely. But that's a whole different subject with entire ramifications of it's own.

How does it feel knowing humanity will NEVER colonize space?

The only peoples capable of space exploration are quickly disappearing from earth(east asians and Europeans)

There will be so great leap into space.

>inb4 muh Sup Forums bogeyman
You know i'm right.

The idea of some massive move to colonize space will never happen when 5% of the human population is busy trying to maintain some semblance of order and civilization. A Brazilian styled Europe/North America won't have the means or the national cohesion to do it.

Prove me wrong.

>There will be so great leap into space.
no*

>east asians
>dissapearing

Tell me about the east asian fertility rates.

Do not derail the thread

>chinese is only spoken in China and it's the most spoken language on earth if counted by number of native speakers.
>literally had to start exporting people because they can't sustain them at home anymore

hehehehehe. did mods really move this to Sup Forums over your brilliant post.

WHY ARE ALL THE FLAGS LIKE THAT.

EXPLAIN.

It's OK, just send Japan to space and Japan will find many good valuable minerals and rare metals on asteroids and kindly drop them down to earth for you

thread got moved from another board, newfag

thread moved by mods from another board you gay nigger from outer space

>implying we can colonize space

nice meme OP.

Imagine colonialism and the scramble for Africa but replace Africa with Mars.

Someone tell Belgium that the Martians have 6 hands and rubber trees

>How the fuck can humanity become a space civilization without first having a centralized earth government?
Not possible. But we can build intelligent robots that could colonize space someday. How?
Robots can travel vast distances in space by going into 'sleep mode' then waking up at their destination. What would be a second to them, could mean millions of years to us.

OKAY COOL. THEY HAVE BEEN CONDEMNED TO OUR FUNHOLE.

LET'S ALL GO AHEAD AND SHIT UP THE THREAD NOW.

your funhole has been closed due to AIDS

Sup Forums WHAT IS GLOBALIZATION IN THE CONTEXT OF SPACE COLONIZATION. EXPLAIN.

>What country would be mad enough to sent people out into space
The US and USSR did it and private companies are doing it. Why do you need a world government for space exploration anyways? You aren't breaking any space laws or anything.

Transhumanism is only way of interstellar travel. Humans with 30 years of active life are not interested in the 300000 years space trips by design.

>would be able to avoid the whole issue of "oh well it's been 1000 years, I really think I changed my mind about this whole thing'.
If these 1000 years are .01% of their life, why not?

stop you are Canadian we get it

I ONLY GET GAY SEX. FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN TESTED.

GET WHAT. I AM AMERICAN.

This ***undisclosed*** inbound object will prevent us from further space exploration for quite a while.

What is wrong with the settlers breaking off into an independent state? If we here on Earth remain an ethical state we should still be able to remain allies. Much how USA and Britain became very close allies after the revolution.

Why force the settlers to remain a pawn of a world government that is far away and probably can't understand or appreciate their needs? I'm betting a world government would want to pillage the resources of the space settlers and only invest the minimum amount of resources back into the settlements themselves.

I like the idea of a space colony becoming its own independent nation/culture.

DIDN'T WE HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THIS. JUST LAST NIGHT.

YOU GUYS ALL FREAKED OUT. ABOUT LIGHTS IN THE SKY. AND IT TURNED OUT YOU WERE ALL SCREAMING. ABOUT THE PLANET VENUS. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

Tell me, do you want a world government in terms of space exploration because you want the low IQ 3rd world to take some credit and not feel left out?

>Why do you need a world government for space exploration anyways?
What citizen can afford Apollo program? Only away to pay it off is to extort tax money from millions by state force.

Fun fact: in modern money Columbus expedition costed $2 millions. Real maeks you think.

Welcome to being debunked years ago

all the retards claiming stupid space conspiracies actually know fuck all about Space. Who'd have thought?

I missed that thread last night. However that image is very old. It's now much, much closer. People are seeing it without a telescope now ...

liveleak.com/view?i=f5c_1499494388

Ha, dude, it's not happening. It's impossible to travel anywhere within a human timespan without any sci-fi gimmick.

Exactly this.

It would only take one generation of being off-world for people to become radically different. It may even result in a superior form of governance or human relationship building not known on Earth that furthers the species.

Space travel won't happen. The matrix is too tempting. Look how long most people spend on their pc, phone, tablet etc. It's going to get more comfortable to spend your life permanently plugged in. Not enough people will have the will to give that up to travel to their deaths.

ISN'T THIS THE PLOT OF GUNDAM. ARE YOU SAYING THE PLOT OF GUNDAM.

>. Pretty much anyone who goes out into space past the asteroid belt is basically guaranteed to break off into an independent state, more so someone going interstellar.

fucking good. why do you act like its your goddamn right to own everyone?

are you a psychopath?

It was not and cannot be debunked. Sorry to break this news to you.

>ground-breaking discovery that completely changes our understanding of physics,
Well lets start with "gravity"

Only faggot atheists believe in space. The earth is flat and 6000 years old. Fuck off you Darwin loving cuck niggers.

Nah we do it the old fashioned way just really slowly. Spend the next 100 years finding a suitable planet with James Webb, while at the same time extending human life to 1000 years. The life extension research part, however, has a side effect of being very bad for human rights

>puts her sunglasses over the camera
Nice larp

Wtf mods
Where did this thread come from?

THIS IS THAT THING. WHERE ICE CRYSTALS FORM IN THE SKY. IT'S NOT A SECOND PLANT.

EXPLAIN.

Go away Reddit.

>What country would be mad enough to sent people out into space? They'd know they stand no chance of keeping control over them. Pretty much anyone who goes out into space past the asteroid belt is basically guaranteed to break off into an independent state, more so someone going interstellar. So who would possible do this except for private entities basically kickstarting it for lack of a better word?

That's exactly the reason why space has been de-emphasised by all governments.

I MEAN NOT A SECOND SUN. OR A PLANET.

Enough will.

>1 POST BY THIS ID

Get behind America and reach for the stars then. We're not following anyone else.

> space has been de-emphasised by all governments.
Fake news.
youtube.com/watch?v=sMfmVzHZvkc

>Interstellar distances - In Perspective
>Logarithmic scale

I hate to sound like a massive autust but its PROXIMA Centauri thats 4 light years away, NOT Alpha Centauri, which is about 50 light years away

This Jupiter sized planet comes into our solar system every 3,657 years on average. It causes a crustal shift of our Earth.

The resources needed to get a hold into space are not anywhere near the level of a full planet effort.

The US could do it for less than 0.5% of it's GDP for the next 50 years.

At that point we would have an orbital ring and a thriving heavy industry in space turning out habitats and inner system collection units to grab up everything everywhere.

>How the fuck can humanity become a space civilization without first having a centralized earth government?
Who cares what the rest of the world do. Our countries cannot agree or disagree that extinction of a sub-species of humans is good or bad...do you think they would work together for a better future? Fuck no. It seems like every man for themselves, why should we try to work together when all it will do is slow the process down.

BUT HOW. WHY. EXPLAIN HOW YOU KNOW THIS AND WHY PEOPLE DON'T.

OPERATION METEOR!

The most realistic "space colonization" that could happ would be asteroid belt mining. It would be nothing like you imagine ala Outland or Farscape, no miner colony, no space station, no monthly shuttle, no gold rush on Earth to force people to move out.

Some company would spend massive amount of money into national space program to make asteroids on Earth with automated probe. They would seek rate and precious metals like platinum or iridium for computer parts. So, no big Alien-like vessels transporting tons of iron ore.

Just more space stations orbiting aound Earth and maybe some intermediary space colonies inbetween Earth and the Asteroid belt and a lot more control center on the ground.

It's not happening

It's joke they took to far

untrue, we can easily colonize the entire galaxy with modern tech
it'll just take a really long fucking time to do so since you're going sublight

The real value isn't the melt price of the ore it's it's location and relative velocity.

If we are smelting ore from near Earth asteroids we have everything we need to build an orbital ring to lower the cost and effort of getting up to space and orbital speeds to lower than current train freight prices.

From that point the demand for iron takes off as construction material.

>lets genocide white people so we can put a blimp in space

no fuck off

when a south american country lauches a his own rocket into space
>french guayana
they dont count.
I took this because , whe humanity uniteds and advances more , by the time a latin country starts the space programs , the more developement country must have already developement ways to travel further and to colonize

archive.org/details/kingsdethronedhi00hickrich

a history of the evolution of astronomy from the time of the roman empire up to the present day; showing it to be an amazing series of blunders founded upon an error made in the second century B.C.

There was a long search for this and was finally discovered / confirmed on December 30th 1983. The President Ronald Reagan classified this so the media could not talk about it. The public forgot all about it.

EXPLAIN WHY THEY WOULD DO THIS.

Fucking video compression how does it work?

we can't colonize space because time runs differently in space.

Look at the microphone monkey

>orbital ring
made of what ?

We only have the technology to make one around the Moon. Too many complication prevent us from building a space elevator on earth.

However there id no pratical reasons to go bacl to the moon. The helium3 argument is bullshit. Helium3-Helium3 is a much much less efficient fusion reaction than Deuterium-Tritium (which can be found on Earth).

No really, aside from reeooting thz asteroids on the Moon instead of Earth there is no reason to build anything there. And I don't see companies wanting to spend billions for a Moon base just to avoid loosing a few pounds of minerals because of Earth atmosphere reentry.

Venus is a pain in the ass just to explore. Mars bring nothing of value and everything on Jupiter's and Saturn's moons can be found here already. Why would you spend so much to extract oil from another planet ?

Pay close attention to the 2 in the back

WHAT. LIKE. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME?

So much wires in space

Reagan was afraid the Annunaki, builders of the Pyramids, may return and enslave humans again. He didn't want to alarm the public.

youtu.be/iQxzWpy7PKg

why not

space has already been colonized.

Shitty bait, but I'll take it.
Dear total retard: We went to space in the first place without a centralized earth government.
Sincerely,
History you ought to fucking know already

IT'S VASTLY MORE PROFITABLE. TO WHIP HUMANITY INTO AN ANGRY WAR ECONOMY. WHY WOULD THE GOVERNMENT SACRIFICE THAT.

???????

>This Jupiter sized planet comes into our solar system every 3,657 years on average. It causes a crustal shift of our Earth.
The problem with this theory is that it's retarded and there's no evidence for it at all.

>ground-breaking discovery that completely changes our understanding of physics
just a different cosmological model
jp-petit.org/science/f300/a301.htm

Exactly, we need to get up there first before China or Russia does and decides to make life hard on us.
Also first country up there will have a huge advantage over others. Maybe if we start mining and terraforming we'll have enough resources for our government to leave other countries the fuck alone and stop destabilizing them (not that we don't already).

>An object orbiting at 400km altitude and traveling at 27,000km/h has connectivity issues sufficient to cause a frame drop.

Fucking shocker eh? They really aren't doing a very job of faking this shit.

have some cgi of earth and moon

the elites clearly arent interested in space
their agenda is total enslavement

Humanity can explore the stars without a one world government the idea of "humans need to unite to colonize space" is Jewish nononsense.

It won't happen because the globalists want to mix the Eurasian populations with 1.5 billion African niggers.

Nigger mixing won't allow mankind to achieve this.

You need to be highly civilized to achieve a higher tier of space faring civilization but mixing with niggers is going to set back the clock thousands of year in terms of human development.

Relative time passing for those in travel vs those on a stationary world. Read Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide.

they re doing a terrible job.

Fake material for a very stupid public

THAT ONLY HAPPENS AT RELATIVISTIC SPEEDS. NOT JUST BEING IN SPACE.

>made of what ?
Nickle iron.

>We only have the technology to make one around the Moon. Too many complication prevent us from building a space elevator on earth.
Well for a geosynchronous space elevator yes we don't have the material. But a orbital ring is just above most of the atmosphere and we can build that out of anything. The leads down to the earth would only be 80km to a few hundred km long and that can be built out of steel, or our current shitty graphene weave or few cm long carbon nano tubes weave.
~
Once you have your ring at orbital velocity then all you need to do is build the stationary pipe around it. Build and install that at orbital velocity at first but then slow it down to zero relative orbital speed and now you have your fixed platform in space with almost full gravity. Drop your lines down to the earth and you have your access to orbit.

>However there id no pratical reasons to go bacl to the moon.
All the aluminum and oxygen.

>No really, aside from reeooting thz asteroids on the Moon instead of Earth there is no reason to build anything there. And I don't see companies wanting to spend billions for a Moon base just to avoid loosing a few pounds of minerals because of Earth atmosphere reentry.

We don't strictly need the moon but it makes a reasonable home base for the first bootstrap industrial production of ores. A fixed base on the moon is a bit easier than a mobile refinery ship.

>Venus is a pain in the ass just to explore. Mars bring nothing of value and everything on Jupiter's and Saturn's moons can be found here already.
Once we get to space it pays back with more wealth than a billion Earths. Space, energy, materials that we couldn't even begin to consume in a predictable timeline.

>THAT ONLY HAPPENS AT RELATIVISTIC SPEEDS. NOT JUST BEING IN SPACE.
It happens at all speed differences. It's just very minor at low speed.

Instead of alarming the citizens they've spent billions on digging DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bunkers) and stockpiling for this event. That's what the US has done. China has taken a different approach. They've built a great deal of Ghost Cities located far inland and on high ground, away from the coast lines. Russia has opened free land to the public in eastern Russia where the land is higher to avoid the expected flooding when the poles melt.

This until whites and Asians have control over or don't have to deal with shot species we will forever be dealing with these subhuman animals stupidity.

I know. I don't think the user you replied to knows what he's talking about. I mean the way we recognize time in days/weeks/years will be thrown off due to different planetary rotation/revolutions, but that's adaptable. AFAIK the laws of physics would be the same as far as measuring time in seconds, calculating velocity/acceleration, etc. I don't think time would pass any differently as we sense it, but I'm not a physicist.

Monopoly political systems have AVOIDED going beyond their borders because they are fearful of losing control. After a period of Chinese maritime explorations in the early 15th century, the Ming Dynasty started shutting the Middle Kingdom out of the rest of the world. This of course continued with the Qing, and the empire remained largely isolated until the 19th century, because of foreign "initiative." The same thing happened with Shogunate Japan, isolated until Admiral Perry's "Black Ships".

In Europe, however, the drive for exploration was driven by intense competition: if your nation doesn't establish colonies and trade routes then the other rival nation will. Portugal, Spain, then the Dutch, then the English, French, Germans, etc. all sent ships to dangerous unknown regions.