Why are Atheists allowed to be so ignorant?

Why is it that we as a society shame tow truckers who comment on nuances of brain surgery, or shame elementary school teachers who comment on the principles of software engineering, yet we allow atheists to freely comment on theology- something they know equally little about?

The ignorance of the atheist community is astounding. Almost every militant atheist I've encountered is neither aware of, nor cares to hear the classical arguments for God. I doubt that even 10% of atheists can name pic related. The modern atheist can easily take down creationist punching bags like William Lane Craig, Ted Haggard, and Ken Ham- but how many of them have gone after serious religious thinkers, such as Alvin Plantinga, Benedict XVI, or C.S. Lewis?

The atheist movement is a joke. It's no wonder this failed religion is on the decline. Anyone who thinks that having a 105 IQ and an anthropomorphized Youtube avatar qualifies them to comment on one of the most complex topics of all time is not worth listen to. Period.

Bump

How many atheists have heard of Saint Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways? Did you first encounter them in Richard Dawkin's "God Delusion," or the Summa Theologia?

I thought so.

*Theologica

Theology is a meme, you're basically trying to reason about something that can't be known about, a claim that can't even be said to have a definite truth value whatsoever, and claiming that you have found something affirmative about it.

Typical Liberal response. Reveling in ignorance.

Classical theology is based upon Aristotelian metaphysics, a RATIONAL framework for describing reality. If you deny classical theology you are denying the basis of Western thought.

Atheism is not a religion nor a movement. It simply is a lack of faith. Don't you realise you've become a mirror image of these meme atheists you fight against? Just replace the fedora with a cross and there we have you. To illustrate...

>The ignorance of the christian community is astounding. Almost every christian I've encountered is neither aware of, nor cares to hear the modern arguments against God. I doubt that even 10% of christians can name pic related...

I never claimed atheism is a movement. I am not arguing against ATHEISM (I did not use this term once in my post), but the atheist MOVEMENT.

If you are talking about the "atheist movement" exclusively. Then, you are adressing a bunch of idiots. It's basically a sect, the atheist equivalent of jehovah's witnesses and such. They are not worth your time and I doubt you will find many of them on Sup Forums.

That being the case, I don't see what was the point of creating this thread except for flaunting your perceived superiority. If you don't want to become a living meme who centers his day around debating religion online with people who do not care, perhaps you should move it somewhere else.

prove to me god exists, right now.

Atheism isn't a profession

Pic related is an Atheist theologian

>yet we allow atheists to freely comment on theology- something they know equally little about?

None of your arguments for God prove it is your god. I'm not even atheist and many of the people that BTFO you daily are probably not atheist either.

It mainly has to do with the scientific movement and industrial revolution, allowing a 'new' form of viewing God, along with Marxist indoctrination of destroying the notion of God in favor of the government. Communism was destroying the concept of God and we can see just how great that turned out for countries (look at Russia today and how Russians now act compared to over 100 years ago).

Using the word RATIONAL doesn't mean your arguments for God or his existence mean much in the real world.
Math is based upon completely rational constructed frameworks that don't exist within reality and can generate things like truth, but that doesn't math magically has extension within reality, there's no such "real" thing as numbers, they exist as mental abstractions we create and conceive. Just like how things like God can maybe be "proven" in some logical system you make based upon assumptions, but that doesn't magically make him pop into reality or have physical presence within it.

>can't prove god exists
>can't prove god doesn't exist
>there are still people in the world that try to do one or the other
lol

There are many arguments that prove one way or the other that there is a god, what no argument proves is that it is the god of the bible, which christians forget.
Proving god would be much easier if people weren't trying to prove a specific god.

Let's hear it.

Literally millions of youtube videos and websites with thousands of arguments based on science or philosophy, yet you assume nobody did it, even Venomfangs argument would give you a headache.

Mother fucker I'm asking you for like, 3, shouldn't be hard to give me a fucking link.

Let's see.

Eternity means without beginning or end.
Therefore we cannot live in an eternity because our current moment would never arrive.
Therefore time must have a start.
Now now, without time, there is no movement, not even the start of time, because time is the magnitude of movement.
Therefore an external force must have initiated it.

Done.

There is more evidence that we live in a simulated reality, than there is evidence that the Christian God is real. Sup Forums's obsession with being Christian is cringe-worthy. It's clear most of you don't really believe in the Bible, you just like Christianity because it's a big part of conservative ideology. But you can still be right-wing while being non-religious; you should try it sometime. People will show us more respect if we justify our nationalism through logic and science, then if we source the Bible, which sounds retarded.

Weak argument

>Eternity means without beginning or end.
yes
>Therefore we cannot live in an eternity because our current moment would never arrive.
You wouldn't need a "start" in an eternity so if we live in one there would not have been a start, and if we don't live in one then there is a start. There is no way to prove one way or the other because we have not reached "the end of time" yet and probably won't for... possibly ever!

>You wouldn't need a "start" in an eternity so if we live in one there would not have been a start, and if we don't live in one then there is a start.
The argument is slightly different, there is no claim that there is some start in eternity, in fact that can't be because then it would not be an eternity.

Let me try to rephrase: If we live in an eternity then there would be in the past time moments that were an eternity of time before the moment of 'now'. It would take an eternity from that moment to reach this moment, but that means the now would never be reached. And since we have a now it is a moment that was reached, therefor there is no moment in the past that is an eternity ago from now, there is no eternity in the past, hence time had a beginning and is not eternal (and will likely have an end).

There can't be a beginning, and there isn't an end, so everything is "the middle". That is where existence would be within an eternity.

>comment on theology- something they know equally little about?
There's nothing to know about theology. It isn't a real field of study. If anyone can make up any shit they want and it's just as valid as anything else your field is bullshit and you're a charlatan.
>Saint Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways
You mean the five "proofs" of God that are just him dawdling on not really saying anything. They're all basically "I think God is real, that means he is".

>I can think of God
>God is the greatest thing conceivable
>nothing can be greater than the greatest thing
>therefore god exists

stop shilling your christcuck shit here you scumbag

You're an idiot, bro. The fact that you believe is atheism is a religion or religious movement just shows that you don't understand the concept of atheism. Go back to Alabama, leg.

In that "middle" of that eternity there can be two points A and B that are separated by any amount of time. Point A can be any amount time before point B and that is probably what you mean, an hour, month, year, century, etc. But in that middle period inside the eternity point A and point B can also be separated by an eternity since there are no bounds to eternity in past and future.

If these point are separated by an eternity, time would never reach point B when starting from point A, even if that middle is 'surrounded' by a greater eternity. If we call our 'now' point B, then there can never have been a point A in the past before this moment. So we cannot be in a middle of an eternity either.

Theology is the highest science since it deals with the divine. As St Thomas Says.

Theology is like psychology or philosophy, a bullshit field of study for dum-dums who can't make it in a real science.

L O L
yup

Taking scientific studies and discoveries, then working out how it will change the way we think and effect us spiritually is pretty important.