Are you ready for the popping of the housing bubble?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OT7nTkB8504
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

Oh god no, I just inherited my parents house in the Bay Area and I was planning on selling it in a few years and moving to the midwest to fund my future permanent NEET lifestyle.

Why would you think there's a housing bubble right now?

Lenders and such can't just give out loans willy nilly anymore. The market literally learned from the last crash.

>The market literally learned from the last crash

Nothing wrong with rent and property values going down. Just makes me more likely to purchase a house.

literally the dumbest post I've read all morning
>inb4 i was being sarcastic

No. Fuck poor people, they can all rot in hell for all I care.

You really think (((they))) learned anything?

Yes, I wouldn't mind buying more property.

Seriously, watch the Big Short on Netflix. Aside from the moralistic grandstanding of an ending involving blaming immigration (which didn't happen when the housing bubble burst and was never actually stated by anyone involved with the book), it's spot-on accurate to the book, and entertaining as fuck with a great cast.

Hell yes I'm ready. I still live with my parents at age 30. I'm just so ready for the housing bubble to pop so I can move out and rent, or possibly even buy a house.

I wish Americans saw housing as a place to live, instead of as an investment that has to go up, up, and up.

Yes, because I have a huge downpayment that I've been saving up.

Explain a noob why is this going to happen and where will it start

Who are you, Satan? Fuck you.

Only way they engineer another crash is if they know they're getting bailed out like last time. With the Donald in the Oval that is a longshot at best. Would take a coup first; which we're seeing the conditioning for right now.

Dude, that's pretty lazy. Rent the house out and use the income to pay for another place. Get a job and stop being fat.

^^^^
this

It's pretty much spot on. I know in Canada that they're still doing the same shit. It's just now banks have the freedom to steal money from their creditors if another crash happens. Same shit different day, it's just now the oversized gambling dens have their own line of insurance.

I live in a van. I don't care

What bubble? The problem back in 2008 was oversupply, now theres an undersupply. The price bubble will slowly deflate as more hosues are being built right now.

Yes, they learned that their reckless behavior will be rewarded with bailout.

You're an idiot if you think there will be another housing crash. Will there be another recession soon? Yes. Will it involve home mortgages? No. It's going to come from somewhere else, nobody can say for sure though. housing prices will take a hit for sure, just like they do in any recession, but you're a fucking idiot if you think it will be due to shit home loans again.

>Confirmed for butthurt poorfag hiding his shitty 3rd world country flag

You do NOT want to rent after a recession. Rental prices go way up after a recession due to people losing it all. They default on their homes and are forced to rent, causing rent prices to skyrocket. Just buy a home as soon as shit goes down

There goes the neighbourhood.

its always sad when a condo commits suicide. he left a mailbox without any one to care for it. they will probably euthanize it at the pound

The thing is Trump might not be the smartest president when it comes to most things but he KNOWS Real Estate better then almost anyone in America. If a housing collapse does occur I can't think of anyone better to be in office then him.

>The problem back in 2008 was oversupply

No. The problem was banks giving out mortgages like they were going out of style, then stuffing those contracts in an envelope, and trading them. All while having Moody's or Standard & Poor's giving those envelopes all A ratings. Despite a lot of those envelopes really being junk status.

You better Jew quick then!

so its some sort of repeating cycle any idea how damaging will it be next time it happens

Housing is set up to crash again. Student loans have been set up to crash for the past 2-3 decades. Housing will likely contain itself. Student loans will likely take housing with it when it goes.

YES! I'm in a position to buy a house right now, but I don't want to while prices are so high.

We dodged a bullet by not electing Hillary Clinton into office:

youtube.com/watch?v=OT7nTkB8504

She was going to help resuscitate the subprime market once again, by specifically giving "minorities" more mortgages, even if their credentials weren't that great.

Experts say it will be worse compared to the last one.

One word, Navient.

To this day, I still don't see how the Bushes and the Clintons were any different.

>I can't afford a house so it must be ready to crash soon

LOL

can't wait, it's the rich who lsoe out the most in a housing crash and i'm not rich.

They can go fuck themselves.

I can afford a house. I have 300k in a trust for me. I'm just not going to buy a house until the price is right. My gut instincts on price have never steered me wrong thus far.

Nah, they can't. Their loans are literally guaranteed by the government. They literally can not lose.

It's not exactly a bubble, but it is tantamount to buying into the stock market right now, during it's obscenely bullish momentum.

It's going to "correct", even if it won't crash.

They're not. The Clintons were literally invented by the Bush's and the cia.

Jew sure?

Dumbass.

On the topic of the student loan bubble, when it crashes will it be better to have loans already (at a fixed rate) or to get them afterward?

My gut says it better to have them already but I'm not too savvy with economics.

Well, here they can only raise rent prices by 2% per year. So they won't go up that high.

Fixed-rate loan before and you can refinance if terms are better after a crash.

there is still good deals
the whole market is not overpriced like it was in 08

It's best not to borrow for a student loan, unless you know for a fact that what you're majoring in is highly valued/rare, irreplaceable, and highly paid.

>believing the next crash will be caused by the same problem as the last
>being this economically illiterate

Another?!??

>You do NOT want to rent after a recession. Rental prices go way up after a recession due to people losing it all.

I doubt that. If anything, landlords want to hang on to their tenants. Housing prices have gone up almost 250% in my area over the past 5 1/2 years. One bedroom apartments went from costing $450, to $1100-$1400. If anything a recession would be a good thing, so these greedy as fuck landlords would have to lower their prices to get tenants. But I'm hoping for the housing market to crash first.

You will get what you deserve.

My rent stayed the same for 4 years after the bubble burst. I was a good tenant that paid his rent on time and never asked for anything. He didn't want to lose me.

That's usually only if you're currently living there. If someone moves out they absolutely can set a new starting price for the new renters.

When the market went to shit back in 2008 I was able to non-renew my lease and re-sign the exact same apartment because the new starting lease amount was about $150 less per month than what I would have paid on a renewal after being there for 3 years.

The private bank that controls the US money supply caused the crash (the Fed).

What housing bubble? Homes are just more valuable now.

Look at this fine piece of Canadian real estate. A bargain at that price :^)

Yeah. Home prices have gone way up. If there's a bubble I can buy a house for cheap. There's pieces of shit near me going for well over 150k and I live in one of the cheaper areas of the country as far as home prices are concerned

Nice, so I might not be completely fucked. My 30k is nothing compared to some but I tried to do my best to plan for the future of paying it off as well. Looks like I'm not as retarded as I thought.
I'm no underwater feminist basket weaving major. I think I'll be okay mostly because I'm actually bothering to think about this stuff which seems to be more than 99% of people taking out loans.

>shitty tiny apartment in sydney can cost over $1M
LMAO, let the bubble burst

It's not going to be a "housing crash" like I said, whatever the cause is, it will cause home prices to take a dip. For example, the dotcom bubble, wasn't a housing crash, but it caused home prices to drop a bit. You're too caught up in the '08 crash that you think every single one will be exactly like that, which it won't. The 2008 crash was particularly bad because the bubble pop directly affected actual people, people lost life savings, homes, and declared bankruptcy. The dotcom bubble, didn't affect huge swaths of the population. At the worst, it affect people with stocks in stupid companies, and people with funds invested in dotcom companies.

If the next crash is healthcare, it's not going to directly fuck people out of their houses like in 08, but it will affect housing prices because there will be a massive upset in the economy.

And for the guy claiming it will be student loan debt, i wouldn't say it's impossible. But the loans are unforgivable loans, meaning you can't just bankruptcy out of it, and they're backed by the feds. So if something get's fucked up with student loans, we've got a bigger problem than the housing market. Just saying

Anyone who thinks the housing market will cause the next real estate crash is fucking dumb. You'll be poor for eternity if you don't start looking ahead in the right directions. So, take your head out of your faggy asses and meet the next us economy killer -

It would be so easy to stick a bullet behind that jews ear.
>Podesta staring out bus window thinking about all the kids he fucked and killed
>user slips out the 9mm he had concealed in his carry-on bag.
>Works up courage and makes peace with the consequences.
>(((pop)))

I own 4 houses, if the "crash" happens, I will likely purchase another... crashes are not the end of the world, just part of the game

He deserves much worse, user.

We didn't learn much from the last crash, but housing prices aren't in bubble territory like they were in the 00's. The stock market is in bubble territory, especially the social media/app craze, student loans are a problem, and of course the national debt and strength of the dollar. A housing crisis is not looming right now.

t. Zhang Xiao

Yup. Sub prime loans are a thing of the past. Yup.

nope, a wop

When and why is this happening? I want it ASAP, like 5 seconds from now. Will it happen soon?

My mistake.

>house pricing increases 5-10x in 20 years
>wages don't change at all
>inflation was only 45% during that period
>there's no bubble goy :^)

even you're stuck on real estate though. It's NOT going to be real estate. In 08 people were talking about a crash in the stock market and dotcom companies again. They were idiots because they saw the last recession, and assumed the next one would be just like it. It won't be like that. It's going to be something completely different that's been bubbling under the surface for decades. I would put my money on colleges collapsing due to massively inflated wages and staff and useless spending. Or healthcare, in the US the cost for a single fucking stitch is $500 now. That's absurd. Fuck, it might not even be something that happens in the US, it could come from chinas economy

It's honestly refreshing to see someone who actually comprehend economics. Spot on.

I do think that our government's debt obligations will be large source of concern within the next 20 years.

Bonds, social security, student loans, I think a major correction is coming.

Commercial real estate is much less risky than homes, especially without all the government gib programs which make subprime lending possible for banks.

I haven't moved but a lot of wanna-be-rich idiots have moved into my neighborhood. They must not read...

and more deregulations
thanks retards

Yes

I'm planning on buying a house in the next year, so I'm hoping for another crash.

>ITT: people who are obviously NOT real estate agents

Yes, yes, no one can predict Jewry, but just because the market finally decided to recover in the last few years doesn't mean all hell will break lose.

You cannot, in this current year of our lord, get away with the shit that led to the last housing crash (at least in the US). The whole fucking reason there was a crash was that banks were giving out 500 K loans to people without checking to see if said people were even capable of paying half that.

Of course, now that the market it on the up and up, Id advise you all to get while the getting's good. It's a seller's and first-time-buyers market right now.

It's going to be a population collapse this time round.

I work with real estate companies all the time, so I know this shit. But people just keep thinking it will happen again.

I agree the 20 trillion is pretty concerning, and I don't think we will ever get out from under it.

>buy a home right now, trust me home prices won't go down in the next recession

>Im a real estate agent.

Don't trust this guy. And look, I'm NOT saying that there will be another housing collapse, im simply saying that a side effect of the next recession will naturally lower home prices. It will happen, that's not even a debate. Stop trying to push your shady sales tactics that you use on uneducated first time home buyers eager to get into a home

>It's a seller's market right now
>It's a 1st time buyer's market right now.
Anyone with any amount of intelligence would see you are contradicting yourself in this post.

>trusting realtor jews

There is a reason they keep saying the market is great.

I wouldn't worry about it.

it comes in usually 5 waves of upturns/downturns, each increasing in severity

technically 2008 was the 3rd or 4th wave

Can't even imagine what the popping of that bubble will be...

>It's a seller's and first-time-buyers market right now.
I'm not sure if this bullshit means you're lying your ass off or if you're just a real estate agent that's genuinely that retarded.

I work in real estate sales, property development, and investment property management. Student debt, Healthcare, Municipal debt, etc. Is bad no doubt. I drove through 3 states 2 weeks ago. I was surprised at the vast amount of unoccupied commercial buildings. They were fucking everywhere. Both large and small companies take out commercial leases during conventional retail sales models periods (example - history up until recently). Then, the death of retail happens. Peoole want the cheapest, easiest, fastest purchases. I can order almost everything I purchase online now, including fucking toilet paper. These same companies employee people in all of our communities. What happens when your local Walmart or Sears or JC Penny shuts down? They can't pay their mortgages. Don't worry though user, this is still 5 to 10 years out so you have time to get your house in order, no pun intended.

Yes

I can barely afford to live, damn it.

It'll make Venezuela look tame, because the well-armed Midwest and South will be invaded by a shit ton of city folk looking for food.

The best we could hope for is for the military to literally quarantine those metros, because they CAN contain LA, NYC, Chicago, etc, a LOT easier than they can contain literally everyone else, and you know they will have to take SOMEONE'S side.

You can't just will a housing crash because you don't want to pay current prices. Mortgage deliquency rates are around 4%. FHA pmi is in place and didn't get reduced. Inventory and new construction is low keeping demand high. It's not gonna happen anytime soon here in america. I cant speak for other countries. Apparently the auto loan bubble is going to pop.

Real estate agent here

This thread is funny as fuck

Watching those abandoned places channels on youtube is fascinating, whether its Target up in Canada, or pretty much any mall in the US.