Renewable energy is becoming so cheap the US will meet Paris commitments even if Trump withdraws

qz.com/1024520/renewable-energy-is-becoming-so-cheap-the-us-will-meet-paris-commitments-even-if-trump-withdraws/

>Research analysts at Morgan Stanley believe that renewable energy like solar and wind power are hurtling towards a level of ubiquity where not even politics can hinder them. Renewable energy is simply becoming the cheapest option, fast. Basic economics, the analysts say, suggest that the US will exceed its commitments in the Paris agreement regardless of whether or not president Donald Trump withdraws, as he’s stated he will.

>“We project that by 2020, renewables will be the cheapest form of new-power generation across the globe,” with the exception of a few countries in Southeast Asia, the Morgan Stanley analysts said in a report published Thursday.

>“By our forecasts, in most cases favorable renewables economics rather than government policy will be the primary driver of changes to utilities’ carbon emissions levels,” they wrote. “For example, notwithstanding president Trump’s stated intention to withdraw the US from the Paris climate accord, we expect the US to exceed the Paris commitment of a 26-28% reduction in its 2005-level carbon emissions by 2020.”

>Globally, the price of solar panels has fallen 50% between 2016 and 2017, they write. And in countries with favorable wind conditions, the costs
associated with wind power “can be as low as one-half to one-third that of coal- or natural gas-fired power plants.” Innovations in wind-turbine design are allowing for ever-longer wind blades; that boost in efficiency will also increase power output from the wind sector, according to Morgan Stanley.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/w9FNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Checked. Archive archive.is/w9FNE

>Paris commitments
Nope.

These guys are fucking retarded. You will still need coal because coal adapts to a changing power grid. Solar memes and wind power can't do that. And no, we can't just use batteries to store extra energy.

yes and we are going to put solar panels on the boarder wall making it the biggest green energy project in history.

Seems fine with me. Withdraw from Paris accords and gain more energy.

so under budget, ahead of schedule?

So we meet the goals without having to pay?
Leftys blown the fuck out!

If those subsidies go away, it's no longer cheap.

into the recycling bin it goes

>meet agreement without paying billions
libshits BTFO

This would be hilarious. Any time a lefty opposes the wall just accuse them of being a global warming denier.

Goes to show how useless the Paris accords are. Too bad we can only generate cheap and excess energy when there's extremely low demand for it. When we can manage to store the energy and use it on demand when it isn't being generated (like at night when we actually need lights and more electricity) that'll be a good milestone

>Paris accords used to be about shaping the world and history
>now they are about technocratic circlejerking

fitting

solor power is a meme

Daytime is actually peak draw hours.

Right now it is. It wont be for long. When it becomes nearly the same price to install a new solar roof vs a new standard shingle roof, the singularity will be unavoidable.

WOOHOO

time to invest in subsidized panels and batteries and start building my electric motorcycle

>silent
>100% torque at 1% throttle
>basically free energy
>can charge with a plug anywhere and dont have to rely on gas stations

memes are real

>Too bad we can only generate cheap and excess energy when there's extremely low demand for it
Yes, too bad that the middle of the day is when people use the least electricity.

Everyone knows that peak usage hours are midnight - 5 AM when the sun is down

I absolutely love my solar panels. Got them last year and they have saved me 180$ a month so far.went from paying a 230$ ele bill to a 50$ bill

>Research analysts at Morgan Stanley believe that renewable energy like solar and wind power are hurtling towards a level of ubiquity
(((analysts)))

If we were going to meet the goals with or without the Paris Agreement, than what was the point of signing into it in the first place?

Cool so we can get cheap energy without completely destroying our way of life and economy

Wow, demand for solar panels goes down, Solar panels become cheaper. Who'd have thought?

>get billions in payback from government tax incentives
>my god look how cheap it is!!

>archive.is/w9FNE
good news. The paris climate sham was about the US giving money to other countries that in turn took that money and spent it on bullshit pet projects.

So once again, Trump is giving a Big win. He is in favor of all of the above engery as long as its America First.

The only problem I see with this is who makes the panels?

to destroy our great nation

Bullshit the US will meet the goal becouse it is fracking. That single act has contributed to a 12% reduction in emissions as it replaces coal and petrol.

Soooo....you're saying the Market solved the problem?

how much the panels cost?

>leftist won't be able to argue against the wall unless they want to be anti-environmental
I love it

To let politicians pretend that they're saving the planet and to allow the state to extort billions of dollars from tax payers into the hands of their cronies by means of corporate subsidies and foreign aid payments to corrupt third world governments.

I really dont wanna scrape snow off a solar panel roof.

I payed 5800 cash and in another year and half they will have payed for them selfs

Invest in a system that uses electricity produced from solar power to convert carbon dioxide and water into hydrocarbons. gasoline is already a high density chemical battery

>Too bad we can only generate cheap and excess energy when there's extremely low demand for it.

Do you live on the Cali Coast or some breezy island and not use air conditioning? Thermal/humidity regulation takes WAY more power than lighting, and that's BEFORE we started replacing everything with LEDs. Most places hit max peak max draw in the late afternoon.

10 grand minimum.

It's alot cheaper when you pay cash and not do installments

It will make us give aid money to poo in loos?

Cool, we get to reap the actual benefits of alternative, but developing energy without being forced to pay billions for other counties. Paris Accords were a sham.

Take away all the federal subsidies and it ain't cheap anymore.

Also, what are rare earth metals and minerals. Mining them ain't good for the environment.

Solar panel roofs can be heated

>mfw Trump withdraws from the Paris Climate Accord, thereby causing an international, Cat. 5 Shitstorm and Tsunami of lefty-tears... only to meet and VASTLY EXCEED the initial terms of the agreement by building a solar-paneled BORDER WALL!!

They will then explode with confusion since they'll have to attack the most ambitious and effective applied green energy project the world has ever seen!! 12th dimensional Dodecahedron-latticed inverse fractal Shogi...

Falling carbon emissions has more to do with the western and east asian age 25-65 populations peaking and stagnating or declining, recent population growth comes from countries too poor to consume much energy like Africa and India

Not to mention the 2008 economic crisis which fucked the millennial generation so they no longer consume as much housing, vehicles, driving, ect

Basically the environment is improving because the middle class is dying and old fucks everywhere not buying shit or having children

What the fuck are those? Fake solar panels?

Okay? So why were liberals whining and crying that we wouldn't sign the Paris thing?