FIRST "REAL" JOB $15/hr

Got a job as a help desk tech and I was wonder how pol manages their real life with all the bullshit and politics and sneaky snakes?

Example of sneaky snake: Guy was showing me around and asking me typical questions and then says "are you a morning person?" very innocuously and I said "not really it takes me awhile to get up" -- later I find out he was seeing if I was a morning person so I can take the early shifts

How do I / you not get jewed?

What is a shitty job? experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GrhSLf0I-HM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"not really it takes me awhile to get up" literally the worst response, good luck lasting a week.

also morning shifts are way better retard, more time to fap to traps and anime when you're home at 3 PM

I just try to answer truthfully. How do I learn senpai? Books?

>morning shifts are way better
If you want to be micromanaged by kike's that got their jobs because of connections instead of skills, sure

You don't get jewed by carrying and presenting yourself as someone who cannot be jewed and takes no shit. If someone perceives you as someone they know they can't outjew they won't try to.

How is that a sneaky snake? He asked you a straightforward question to gauge at what time frame you'll be most productive on the schedule. You're a moron, enjoy your $15/hr while it lasts.

Fake it till you make it?

That does make sense but, fuck, teach me senpai how not to sperg before I come NEET

>Hey would you like the early morning shift
vs
>so goy, how do you feel about mornings hehe
There's a proper and direct way to go about things then there's the weasel kike rat way of doing them

>show up early, stay late
>the lottery!

You're not getting "Jew'd". You're getting capitalism.

>oppose capitalism

Fake it til you make it works but work on yourself my man; have good posture, dress like someone you can respect, start working out if you don't, and speak with a man's voice and say the most using the least amount of words possible

Just do your job to the best of your ability and it won't matter how autistic you are. Bosses like hard workers. Be honest, and don't try to play "jew mind games" with your bosses.

Morning shift is normal working hours for the majority of Americans

Or are you talking about 3rd shift aka graveyard thats starts @11pm ends at 7am?

That's how I was looking at it too

I think I can have that down senpai. Thanks for it

I was thinking the same but I wanted to get ahead start of learning the bullshit

I think it's 24/7 but the earliest shift that they were talking about is 4am and SOMEONE is gonna have to do it

Just because someone wants the morning shift doesn't mean they'll be the best person in that position on your staff. A morning person will reliably be more productive for you business. You obviously have no leadership experience.

Everytime I see someone with that flag I know the comment will be retarded

Yes books and self discipline. verbal judo ideas like that. Only answer truthfully to people who you love and/ or trust completely. Truth can be used as a weapon against you and no you were not asked a straight forward question that would have been something like - What shift do you prefer to work? Always keep in mind not all questions deserve an answer. Sometimes a Humm... or Ahh... is all the manipulative question deserves. Let me think about it or why do you ask or I never thought about it before I'll get back to you - is enough.

naw, you're beyond help, kys.

thx leaf

Working is for plebs

Never do more than your job description.

I cannot stress this enough. The moment someone tries to make you do more, you need to become scarce. Then you bring up that thing later at a review as something you're willing to do for a raise.

Whenever someone says "we just can't afford that right now", call them out on it or heavily imply that "things need to change by X". Never allow anyone to Jew you. Everything is some sort of fucking game to management, don't ever expect otherwise. There's always a Jew when you're talking to your boss, you need to make sure that YOU are the Jew, and they aren't.

I'm trying to think how I would word it and say it. Delivery would be key because they can easily replace me and I'm find out jobs are "at will" meaning they can just fire more for NO reason

Former helpdesk tech here

3 years ago I was a helpdesk tech (like tier 1 pls make sure the computer is on level).

I'm now a systems/networking/dev engineer (I pretty much do everything except build the actual application). He's pretty high-handed with his little "pledge" but in IT he's right. Get your certs, degrees help but they're not the gold standard, and if your job isn't promoting you in a year get out and find a new job that moves you up. That's what I did and it totally works.

>boomer telling anybody else they should feel lucky

which certs do you have?

nice reply m8

>I just try to answer truthfully.

There's your first problem. If you can tell a lie that nobody can figure out then tell that shit. But don't tell so many lies that you can't keep them straight.

Also a note on the shift work. If you can work like second shift (typically like 2 PM till 11 PM) take advantage of it. Morning shifts learn less and they don't get to do more than their roles. Always take more responsibility so you can move up. Do not expect your current employer to give a shit that you do more but your next employer will. Also most of the time they'll throw in 5-10% extra on your pay.

I had (they expired) 2 CCNA's, a Net+, and some random cloud shit. Certs get you in the door but you need to explain what you know. Tech interviews are totally different from what normal interviews are like, they take some getting used to but I love them now.

If you want to put something coding wise on a resume get a GitHub account and link it to your Code Academy account. That way you can show your work (you can also do work on GitHub) and be like "yo I made this see I am not dumb".

These a principles you should live by if you have spine. Grow a nation to be proud of for you and your posterity. Do it out of principle. If someone is jewing you, You deal with it. But never fall into laziness or complacency, unless you don't mind living somewhere else than my country.

Read SJWs Always Lie by Vox Day.

Verbal judo was one of the coolest course I ever took. Very interesting stuff anons should look into it.

>net+

Good choice. Seriously, the CompTIA stuff is low level for the most part but they're more than worth their weight in gold because 99% of employers are too dumb to know what they are. No reason not to get at least A+

I googled it -- is it a course or the book?

>are you a morning person?
That isn't a jewish trick OP, he was obviously seeing if you could work the early shift.

How could you really think he gave a fuck the sleep patterns of some guy he just met?

>and then says "are you a morning person?" very innocuously and I said "not really it takes me awhile to get up"
Try to get a job where you can work night shifts. There's less demand for night shift jobs so you are more likely to get hired, and you will likely get paid more.

>are you a morning person

thats called exchange of information OP

how the fuck can this retard get a job but not me?

work hard and keep your head down, user. be willing to learn new things and grow your responsibilities. be careful not to let your focus shift to internal politics. sneaky snakes cant snake if you keep above it all. when you fail, which you will, learn from it. humility will take you far. ask for help- it will endear you to your peers.
last, dont half ass anything; whole ass everything.

I can give one. Those fuckers broke A+ up into 2 pieces now. It costs a little under $400 to get the damn thing and anything that's above helpdesk couldn't give a shit.

I've found that certs get me in the door but my experience is what gets me the job typically. I wonder how networking is going to be in 5 years once Cisco loses its hold on the market since everyone is using their own networking boxes now.

I've heard good things about RedHat certs because it's all hands on but I haven't gotten one myself yet. Tbh I think I'll leave IT once I hit my 40s in a decade or so and do IT sales. Less work, more cash, and I have my weekends.

That would be fine and dandy if we lived in a good nation. America is Jew central and beyond help.

The course was based on the book I'm pretty sure. I'd recommend both though, course is more interactive so you can see how the leader is using the tactics they're teaching about in the way they're teaching. It's pretty unique.

Im a Security Engineer. And i started out as a Fucking Mover 4 years ago.. im 23

They try to get you to do extra just spout some shit about needing to keep on task in order to fulfill your job requirement before anything else.

Never answer direct questions from strangers. Now you will have to learn to balance, with people you respect and want to respect you, be honest and keep your word. But that comes with trust and an ability to read people. There are no books that can compare with life experience, but I would recommend a movie- Glengarry Glenross. It is as good a summation of the meat grinder of working life as it gets.

Take the early shifts.
Get in by 6 out with a whole day ahead of you.
That whole "morning person" is bullshit.
Just asking to be stuck in traffic with the rest of the assholes.

spot on.

you are there for the money not friends, not qt co workers. Be polite but also firm, fuck having drinks with anybody after work, fuck seeing a movie, fuck all that extra bullshit. There will always be a minority of people a slim amount that you can get along with, be cautious. People flip on you quick and the last thing you want is anybody having their name in your mouth at work.

Get the loot, save, invest. Upgrade yourself to a higher self.

>"are you a morning person?"

Literally all you had to say was "I can work full efficiency any time of the day". Preemptive strikes, lying, backstabbing are all ways of out-Jewing the Jew. Leave your morals back at home because the workplace is cutthroat especially when everybody is struggling to get by nowadays.

uh your name in their mouth***

book marked the page so i can watch it later my dude, thanks

Read the 48 laws of power. It's a catalog of jew tactics.

Helpdesk gigs are the 7th pit of hell of the IT world. They're just looking for warm bodies to fill seats.

OP should take the 3rd shift if possible. Get paid to shitpost, read, sleep, and workout.

t. someone who escaped that hell many,many years ago. Fuck certs, just build projects while learning new things, show those things to employers.

Also: look for ways to quantify your work and ask how long your manager thinks it should take you for certain tasks. "X tickets per hour" - very important to stack yourself against your peers.

A key scene to give you a feel for what I mean. youtu.be/GrhSLf0I-HM

To answer your question OP, a shitty job is one where you have no room for improvement, whether it's gaining new skills or climbing the company ladder. If you don't see yourself being the boss in a few years time, leave.

I was wondering about that dude because we all have 3 monitors and I saw everyone with youtube open on their 3rd monitor and general browsing but i don't want to fuck up and in my first week be watching youtube videos...

I can see how to possibly shit post and it's a corporate environment so i'm worried too about what websites i visit

Your answer was fine. Don't believe the mutants on here. And don't be so paranoid. Most people are decent and are not out to get you

Hey man. I just started the same job a couple months ago. Here is my advice, don't act like an arrogant prick, don't be an asshole but do not take shit, don't be condescending, make friends, and TRUST NOBODY. Seriously user do not think to trust anyone by saying something that could get you in trouble, today's friends are tomorrows enemies.

Also that guy wasn't trying to jew you. He was just trying to figure out what you like to work just in case for switching.

THIS.

There's this chick at my job right now, god bless her heart she does way too much and gets used hardcore. Not the way to do it. Don't believe the "take responsibility first meme"

seriously. That "pledge" should be called the Cuck Manifesto. "Blow your back out by 40 and have no pension to fall back on because you don't want to be a whiny bitch!"

Lost all respect for Rowe.

you should only browse personal sites on personal devices. you are being watched on any company hardware.

One thing I'd add is an old unspoken part of street code: never put your business out there. You can translate that to mean don't tell people any more than you need to- no matter how trivial it may seem to you at the time. I don't believe everyone is out to "get" you, but you better believe people will use or remember information against you if it benefits them. Your politics, your religion, your family or tastes should be things you shroud not in hostile silence but carefully crafted obfuscation. People will give you social cues on how they WANT you to answer, so pay attention and learn them. And as so many have said : fake it till you make it. Life is literally made up as we go along by everyone. If there is any great truth in life it is that.

> Spend more time listening, less time talking
> Observe what is going on around you
> Play the game and be model employee
> Carefully make your moves in advance
> Execute them only at the right time

It's just politics. You need to have total control of your emotion and then manipulate others.

This way you won't be talking constant shit so nobody will have anything to use against you, you will have all the information you need on others that can't keep their mouths shut, and nobody will suspect a thing as you get on with things and get results.

You then need to be able to read others moves, and see what they're trying to do. Once you master that skill, you can then think from their point of view and plot moves ahead, and anticipate their every possible next step.

Then it's all about the execution. Don't get into petty arguments in meetings or in front of others as it will ruin your image. If you have a grudge with this person you need to just act professional about it, and just smile, as it gets under their skin.

Finally, you need to just gather all of the information required as possible, and again, wait for the right moment, usually in front of the persons boss so when they mention something, or ask the question, you just back it all up with facts and information, get it backed up by others because that person was gossiping, and the only thing left to be done will be them getting fired.

Also, remember there is nothing to feel guilty about because it's just business, and politics is part of it. You're either the hunter, or the hunted, and that's the way it works.

I disagree. You could work 3-11 and get up at 8am every day with 8 hrs sleep. Enjoy the day, miss the traffic, and get paid a little more. If you want to stay out late one night you could sleep in.

Goddamed sneaky snake drank all my rootbeer

This.

Help Desk Analyst here. I work night shift and work a total of 30min per shift. I spent the first 6 months automating most of the job. Now I spend my nights teaching myself new skills, working on personal projects, and applying for new jobs.

I'm currently milking the job for the overtime pay (made $80,000+ last year) since management is unable to hire anyone capable of making past the probation period.

>sneaky snakes

This. It's basically high school again.

Don't think like that. Do your job well and don't get involved in any personal feuds or bickering. If somebody vents to you about a coworker, listen and empathize but never talk shit. That does no good. And definitely don't run around telling people shit that others told you in confidence. Stay out of it.

You'll build a reputation for honesty and integrity. People will see you as somebody they can come to when they're in need who won't take advantage. It's old school but it's the right way to do things.

most of the people here are IT people aren't they
shocking