ITT: Artists whose politics have ruined their music for you

ITT: Artists whose politics have ruined their music for you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5qJp6xlKEug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't stand this uncle tom no more

waters

Never deprive yourself of good entertainment.

Roberto you will never be an American. You will always be a dirty spic

I had to throw all of my Madonna CDs into the garbage....

Those aren't artists, this is an artist.

Bono, roger waters, and too many to mention. Just play your fkn music and shut the fk up. Yeah, they have a platform, though, not for politics. Biggest hypocrites ever in that industry

thanks damon albarn

>Even having Madonna CDs in the first place.

now post artists who politics made you appreciate their music more

>He didn't know the whole time that Madonna was the ultimate liberal whore
user please, I can't breathe

I don't let the politics of the artist get in the way of appreciating the art. Unless they are completely and utterly obnoxious about it, or the art itself is shit anyways.

and pretty much all rap. But this hurt the most Snoop why, why did you have to be such a basic bitch?

This.
Almost all of these artists are either narcissistic or greedy, therefore there's a higher chance of them virtue signaling.

I can't take him seriously as an artist anymore.

It's not like anything good happened between kid A and moon shaped pool.

all of them. art is gay as fuck these days. we need to go back to the days of church commissions. more el greco and less thom yorke. fucking guitar fags.

>he won't miss "Material Girl", "Like a Virgin", or "Like a Prayer"
Why even live?

Additionally environmental issues are important such as invasive species in the Great Lakes,
(Global warming is real but it's bullshit, just doing good things for the environment will be enough given time)
And their whole global warming thing didn't really influence anything other than the cover which is cool as fuck.

most of them, they all shilled for the establishment.

Can't say I'm sorry though, it was their time. They were old.

We need new and intelligent actors and artists who understand politics and can act accordingly,
not social justice assholes who whine about all kinds of shit they want the working class to do, while they do the fucking opposite.

The fact that an "all American" artist like Bruce Springsteen cucked so hard for tranny bathrooms is unforgivable

i dont get upset by what others believe

Good thing it actually takes some effort to derive any sort of political meaning out of their lyrics.

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

>ALL OF THEM
ALL OF THEM

What they do? Jump on the SJW train?

why does this thread keep coming up? whats the psyop?

Radiohead’s Yorke gives BDS supporters the finger during Glasgow concert
ByShawn Rodgers
July 9, 2017 20:31
English rock band Radiohead continued to battle the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement ahead of their Tel Aviv performance this month.
Just a week and a half before they’re scheduled to perform at Tel Aviv’s Yarkon Park, English rock band Radiohead continued to battle the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement. During the band’s Friday night concert at the TRNSMT Festival in Glasgow, Scotland, several activists raised Palestinian flags as well as a “Radiohead: #canceltelaviv” sign, and held demonstrations outside the venue, causing lead singer Thom Yorke to respond.

According to Consequence of Sound, prior to the band’s performance of “Myxomatosis,” Yorke reportedly exclaimed, “Some f#cking people!” while staring out into the crowd. He was also caught giving the middle finger to the flag wavers.
Radiohead have faced a number of protest over their decision to play Tel Aviv, including at Glastonbury.

Speaking recently to Rolling Stone, Yorke described the situation as “offensive” and “an extraordinary waste of energy,” saying: “I don’t agree with the cultural ban at all, along with J.K. Rowling, Noam Chomsky and a long list of others...
There are people I admire [who have been critical of the concert] like [English film director] Ken Loach, who I would never dream of telling where to work or what to do or think.”

Yorke called it “patronizing in the extreme” to presume Radiohead is unfamiliar with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, pointing out that guitarist Jonny Greenwood’s wife is an Israeli Jew.

Nofx has always been shit

I lost a lot of respect for many artists because it's specifically due to the principles and values of conservative men that these assholes can sit around everyday strumming a guitar or painting a picture but then they want to criticize the people who gave them that freedom.

Fucking Corey Taylor should stick to his band.

Amnesiac is their best album you fucking nigger

It a collection of B sides it's not a cohesive listen.

This nigga serious?

Moz

In Rainbows is pretty solid TBQH.

Because often times people make music what they want to be, then when they find out how the artist wanted it it pisses them off. This can be done by actually going around and listening to their shit opinions or being able to see it in lyrics.

A great example for me was the song Adore Life by the band Savages. Great song, but the lyrics are very blatant in that the singer is trying to argue to an ex lover that she isn't a bad person for cheating on him because it's "human" to want more in life (hypergamy; wants to ride more or larger cock) and that to live a hedonistic life style is to "adore life" and that he shouldn't let her decision hurt him. She justifies it by saying that she may "die, maybe tomorrow" and that since she adores life, this makes her a good person.

I can't stomach the song anymore because it's literally a delusional whore trying to avoid responsibility for her actions. I really liked the song prior to reading and comprehending the lyrics, so you see people can go by for years loving shit but as soon as they learn the artists intentions it can ruin it.

Nothing stood out to me on that.

And?

It's still their best work

It's still full of great tracks, maybe not as cohesive, but still really good.

It took several listens for me to like it. Same with King of Limbs.

You can like it all you want it's not an important thing to their discography, as much as I like knives out there's nothing special about it.

>I really liked the song prior to reading and comprehending the lyrics
>not just making up your own story to the lyrics

>You can like it all you want

I will

Yeah knives out is pretty good pyramid songs a little lackluster in my opinion but it's a good song. I just don't feel it's an important release.

Tim Heidecker

>damon albarn
i've been out of the loop
i know Demon Days was literally "fuck the world, 9/11 was an inside job" and Humanz is just "i watch too much CNN" but what has he personally done

>all that cucky shit at Glastonbury, like getting the crowd to chant for Corbyn

Easier said than done, Most radiohead songs have political messages but I've never looked into them and basically assumed most were releated to love or whatever. Radiohead lyrics basically take a bit of analysis to decipher. Die example, 2+2 =5 is clearly a commie reference. Is the song pro or against communism or something different? No clue, I just assume it's criticizing commies because the lyrics give off that vibe.

With Adore life, she really makes it obvious that she's a whore as soon as you read the lyrics. There isn't much for interpretation. Also it's an all women's group so what could you really expect from them?

oh man you are a literal nigger
9/10 did rage

I used to like Pearl Jam back in the day until I swa them live on MTV once. Eddie Vedder in the middle of a song took a sharpie and wrote "Pro Choice" on his arm in huge letters. I hate political statements especially if I don't agree with them.
Good job Eddie. You lost a fan for being such a "Hero". You shoulda died not chris.

A fucking leaf.

Such a disappointment when she endorsed Hillary

Oh fuck
>[eddie] should've died not Chris
You got spunk kid.

Why?

>We

What did Madge mean by this?

Honestly I still do listen to Radiohead, even saw them in NOLA recently. I have to say I do find it amusing to see them on the receiving end of a SJW backlash.

All this retard talks about is the Armenian Genocide.

damn i didn't know Macaulay Culkin was a musican

Never saw the band, la band LSD( LifeSexDeath), the frontman , shit cant think of his name. Just you tube this band (1991-3, 4,5ish, there is no quality live videos low quality, was in the bus, and heard live they were tight. The songs messages and his rants were way ahead of the time. Seriously

Nah can only think of pop artists that have already been mentioned that I don't really care about.

The Black Metal genre is still pretty safe from PC leftist degenerecy.

That's where they belong.

>Just play your fkn music and shut the fk up

Why is their opinion less valid than yours being posted on a Polynesian pictograph board?

Any that does a gig playing 3 minute long songs, with 20 minute long political rant intervals between every damned one.

In Rainbows did nothing for you but Kid A & back did? You're dead inside, man.

it goes without saying
>Moby
Play and 18 were decent albums. But he's such an unbearable virtue-signaling cuck that I almost can't listen to them

man i dont understand sometimes.
I could be listening to a rap song about how much oppression a black man has, and how the color of his skin is the reason why he cant follow his dreams, and im actually thinking
"this fictional character must have these opinions because he's uneducated or has some poor position in life, possibly through life choices of him or his family. This is a portrayal of the expected emotions of someone in his situation, i appreciate this song, there was some research or even dare i say personal experience behind this. Obviously the artist himself does not suffer these hardships as he's a musician"
and the guy sitting next to me:
"YEAH FUCK TRUMP"

But soad will always be my favorite band of all time.

A few years back, the night before the 2016 election, I went to a FUN concert. I enjoyed some of their music, but then halfway through they stopped their show to rant about why everyone needed to go vote for Obama, because, and I quote, "there's a chance a frigging madman might be elected president."

Being the only conservative in the middle of a few thousand angry liberals, I decided to take the beta way out and just remain silent. But I haven't listened to their music since.

Also, if they though Romney was bad, I wish I could have seen them last November.

Never said I wasn't but ok.

pretty much the only thing branded 'nu-metal' I could respect and enjoy.

When he finally learns about who the Young Turks really were, he'll be our guy.

Sounds like hippie music to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=5qJp6xlKEug

>Also, if they though Romney was bad,
I think we would have been better off right now if mittens got elected. Maybe. But I trump cause he's not afraid to assblast liberals. Priceless.

as long as we establish some kind of baseline

The original Korn album is the only one I can respect labeled nu-metal.

Grew up on punk but can no longer stomach most of it even for the sake of nostalgia

Jello Biafra (DK) is one of the worst cases of brain dead liberals yet somehow has made a career of spoken word albums after breaking up the band

Do find it funny even their name pokes fun at the only person who has ever challenge and abolished the Federal Reserve successfully all the while being super anti establishment and corporate greed

Fucking pissants

/endrant

t. Fat pleb with dick fingers

Regardless of Damon suddenly cashing in on "DUCK FRUMPH" most gorillaz fans agree this new album was sub-par.

>dick finger
Kek.

>noodle is like 30
jesus fuck im old

Run the Jewels

Killer Mike was the biggest Bernie Bot out there, Fuck that noise.

I'm not sure. I think Obama would probably have been reelected by now, or Hillary Clinton may have truly won.

I'll throw in Slipknot although I don't think the label fits or care if anyone agrees

Oh and Municipal Waste

Used to see them 19 years ago playing in park pavilions with 40-50 people. It was fucking insane and awesome.

They were the ones who came up with pic related

Definitely liberal af but do think they did it to be edgy

Can still stomach their shit but still...

Jello Biafra and Moby are almost cuckcore they're so bad; you can almost get over it because they're such caricatures

This.
So much

They took a picture with Hillary and that was all it took for me to drop them.

Her daughter is a tranny what'd you expect.

It is so satisfying to watch him be attacked from the left about Radiohead's gig in Israel. Everything that Thom Yorke has to say in his defense is what any of the centrists/conservatives he's savaged and dehumanized over the years would themselves say:

>Yorke described the situation as “offensive” and “an extraordinary waste of energy.... There are people I admire like [English film director] Ken Loach, who I would never dream of telling where to work or what to do or think.” Yorke called it “patronizing in the extreme” to presume Radiohead is unfamiliar with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

What if Colin's been a conservative this whole time, poor guy?

Chris was a liberal too, he was helping refugees

Conservatives need to top being such pussies. Everyone's tired of it.

If they have a twitter account, its been ruined.

So pretty much all of them.

And him saying that politicians aren't thinking "of the children" before they did You and Whose Army. Uh, Mr. Yorke, you left the mother of YOUR children while she was dying of cancer in order to play DJ sets and LA and canoodle with an Italian actress...

she's 27

Alburns last CD sucked anyway. Burning my Gorillaz shirt.

>this much edge