God in popular culture

I was watching Rick and Morty the other day, and even though fedora tippers the world over will say how great of an atheist antihero Rick Sanchez is, he is not.

He does in fact, believe in God(s).

Lets look at the facts. In the episode "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" Rick creates a Universe which he uses as a battery to power his space ship. In this scenario he is essentially God, he created the universe, has the power to destroy it whenever he wants, and observes their behavior.

Inside that universe is where he finds God. When he travels inside of it to discover why it is no longer powering his ship he finds out that a scientist not dissimilar to himself has created yet another universe inside the universe that Rick created.

This makes Rick realize that in all likelihood his universe was created by an omnipotent being in another universe that has the same power to destroy his. What is that if not a god?

This is why Rick constantly breaks the 4th wall to "pray" to his God's (the creators of the cartoon and it's audience, who created his world, observe it, and have the power to end it). It would only stand to reason that there would be yet another God who created his creators, that being our God.

The only reason he cannot say as much or tell others in his universe is because if he does not please the fedora tipping atheist faggots in our world it is very likely that his universe will end. They are basically holding him hostage, forcing him to fake his atheism. That is his purpose in life, that is why he is deeply depressed and an alcoholic.

The fedora tipping faggots who watch this show are not only wrong about him but actively make his life a living hell. What cruel gods they are; I only hope that ours is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aUowoykENE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one know if there is a God or not.

Theists hope their is, Atheists hope their isn't.

Both for self serving reasons.

That episode is about one misled generation misleading another generation which in turn misleads another generation into suicide. Yolo!

No one cares, faggots.

Rick, the smartest man in his universe, certainly knows, or he would not break the 4th wall constantly trying to entertain us.

His very existence depends on pleasing us.

>Selfish to believe in an afterlife and a higher power
Explain.

>Atheists hope their isn't.
I wouldnt say that, we just dont beleive there is.

I've never understood the anti-god memes about Rick and Morty. There was that one Christmas episode where he was criticizing the other family members for having faces planted in electronic devices on the day Christ was born. And also that episode where the universes got out of sync and he was pleading to god at the end to save him (only to mock god after he manages to fix the collar and survive).

Doesn't Rick pray to god?

the god of rick is dan Harmon.

In one episode, but it's as hes about to die. A "no atheists in foxholes" situation. Upon saving himself he quickly goes back to saying there is no God (even though he knows there is at least one).

kek

rick and morty is great. it's not anti god at all. this episode was one of my favorites.

I thinks it's less of not beliveing in god, and more to his rebellious nature.

It's like when a son acts against his dad

Honestly this sounds like something for Sup Forums.

According to the competing theories of quantum mechanics; we're either gods ourselves, or there is a God.

well he is explaining to you from his point of view the tetragramaton... the cube god i mean man, where do i fucking start,nothinf is an accident and you have a creathor yeah but you can dig much more deep

This guy gets it.

>Inside that universe is where he finds God
Haha, how the fuck did you get that?

>Posting Sup Forums related content on Sup Forums

TV is in my top 4 favorite boards, but you have to fuck off.

Saged.

The rabbit hole to end all rabbit holes. This is the answer your seeking. There is a knock at the door.

Are these the new slide threads? There's one about dragon ball super right now that is slightly on topic. I guess its on topic enough to not get removed.

It would seem that way. Looks like someon wants our attention averted to shitty, non-productive threads like this one in order to distract us from something.

you alt right types are all the same, if a thread isnt about denying the holocaust or worshipping trump its a slide thread.

you guys are fucking retarted.

>fights the fucking devil
>god doesn't exist though

>memes are nothing like the original

Reminds me of another show on Adult Swim

Please go back to plebbit

He prays to God when he thinks he is about to die then immediately start cussing God after he realizes he is not going to die.

Basically, Rick is a hypocrite and the fans of Rick can't even notice that because they are too busy wanking on reddit about being nihilistic like him.

He goes back to the "duck god" attitude because that is what his audience wants. He needs to please them to ensure the show (his universe) isn't canceled (destroyed)

You'll go to heaven if you believe very hard in god. It is a cure for existential emptiness and fear of the death. Since you can't prove it is real, and it has positive effects on your psyche if you believe it, its a self serving postulate.
Still better than sniffing glue or joining ISIS tho.

Here's the clip where Rick prays:
youtube.com/watch?v=9aUowoykENE

Belief is just a different degree of hope. You're just too prideful to admit you've had doubts.

Rick and Morty is a gnostic show.

It's no coincidence that Dan Harmon looks so much like PKD.

Christ fags desperately cling at straws

Not mutually exclusive

>watching Reddit & Memey

Their older show, "Community" was bready gud.

When all hope is lost, people will try anything to resolve their problems and save their skins. You are relying to show how fragile the human mind is ON A TV SHOW WRITTEN ILLUSTRATED BY REGULAR OLD DUMBOS.

It's not just about belief. It's about doing good. Good for your people, yourself, and the world. Not just getting what you can in the moment.

Let me put it in a way you can understand

The holocaust didn't happen, we know this. We also hope it did happen, but unfortunately it didn't.

The people who make this show are Jews. Big fucking surprise, I know.
Still, I thought I should bring it up. Why do you think they had that random Nazi moment where buffed up Rick and Summer beat up a neo-nazi.