Sheriff won't let his deputies carry overdose antidote

abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...afety-48498413

>A sheriff in an Ohio county with record numbers of drug deaths in recent years is sticking to his longstanding refusal to allow deputies to carry an overdose antidote.

>Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones remains opposed for safety reasons because, he asserts, people can become hostile and violent after being revived with naloxone, which can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose and is often referred to by the brand name Narcan. Deputies in neighboring counties in southwest Ohio do carry it.

>"I don't do Narcan," Jones told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "They never carried it. Nor will they. That's my stance."

>County emergency crews administer naloxone, and the Butler County Health Department has been offering free kits to relatives and friends of people with addiction.

>Jones' latest comments came after a city councilman in Butler County's Middletown drew national attention with his suggestion that emergency crews should stop responding to people who repeatedly overdose. Councilman Dan Picard also suggested that people who overdose should be forced to perform community service to make up for the cost of an emergency run.

Can anyone explain why this is bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_County,_Ohio#Demographics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm certified police in state of Florida. Police are not allowed to administer medication in the state of emergency because we are level 1 first aid responders. The media is so fucking dumb. No wonder my whole department voted for Trump.

baste

Why spend limited resources on people fatties and junkies that pretty much killed themselves though their own shit life choices? How does that make any sense?

The delusion that everybody can and should be saved from themselves is dysgenic and extremely dangerous. We'd do a lot better admitting to ourselves it won't work and start better prioritizing the allocation of our time and resources.

wholeheartedly agreed

because they arent medical experts? you might end up drugging up somebody that doesnt need it and has another issue. nobody needs to save overdosing drugaddicts from their fate.

And if you talk to any EMT/Police, they'll tell you they deal with the same people that keep getting in trouble over and over again.

Catering for the nigger-tier bottom 5% is hugely expensive, if we'd just let them kill themselves we could take care of everyone else at half the cost of what it is now.

What's the point in reviving a junkie when he'll just end up ODing again later that night? There's no such thing as a scared straight experience for someone in that deep with addiction.

That's not how Narcan works. It literally doesn't react with anything, it only counters the effects of opioids. I'm DHS and we carry it in our medkits. Probably because we go through more thorough first aid than the average PD

It differs from state to state. In N.Y., the police may carry and administer narcan.

a bullet is probably cheaper. fuckin junkies

He wants junkies to die. One strike and you're out. Simples, Janka.

I don't know why you just don't chain them up before you give the drug.

NYPD also gives them a choice to either get treatment or face charges. Or at least that's what they told me

It isn't bad, he should step up and shoot the dealers and the producers next.

I don't know how they do it in the US police departments, but here we're told not to touch anyone who's ODd or otherwise incapacitated since if they die while you're treating them, you may become criminally liable for their death. And fuck going to jail because some junkie decided to kill himself with his own poor life decisions.

Ohio's own Duterte. Good man!
Druggies can rot.

not sure how legal and safe it is to allow cops to act as nurses/doctors, it's not their job nor responsability

>i bet this will make black ppl mad somehow

Police are getting more medical training in the US so they can respond to medical emergencies since they tend to be the first responders, especially in the case of active shooters and other violent crimes. EMTs and Fire Departments won't enter an unsafe scene, and if police are already inside, they can carry victims out or administer aid on site instead of watching them die. The Pulse club shooting is a good example of this

Same in ohio. State law says they are legally allowed to administer it. I just saw a ranger give narcan to some white trash on the beach the other day

He's literally letting drug abuse VICTIMS die.

They have a right to live. Let's abort babies

>Can anyone explain why this is bad?

Its not. Its not his job to revive junkie trash,

Let em all die.

>2526304.011 Euro
it's fucking nothing

What does he mean by this?

>fuck drumpf and fuck working class white drug addicts

See it's funny he can get away with it because the people overdosing aren't niggers but just lame white people, and who gives a fuck about white people?

But seriously though shit like this makes me think whites deserve to be wiped out, being that they're constantly cowards too afraid to deal with niggers ruining shit but are always eager to serve law and justice (lol not really) to other white people since they can get away with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butler_County,_Ohio#Demographics

>91.2% white

See what did I tell you?

>HAHA FUCK WHITE DRUG ADDICTS LMAO I'M THE SHERIFF

If he was doing this in a city he'd be raked over the coals for being a racist meanie, and he'd never try it because "them poor niggers n sheeit"

Fuck this race traitor and fuck every white person who acts like him

>you might end up drugging up somebody that doesnt need
This would be the worst possible outcome. Narcan even stops the bodies natural painkilling mechanisms and disables any opioid treatment until it wears off. If someone isn't ODing but unconscious for other reasons it'd be extremely cruel to administer. The cruelty potential for naloxone is just too great.

I would say the huge difference here is that this cuck is fine with it because the people dying are pretty much all white. He has the power to unfuck their shit under Ohio law but chooses to let them die because "lol white trash". White people are pathetic cannibalistic faggots who couldn't stand up for their race if it meant their own survival.

this is actually why white people are superior to all others. in a nigger country or asia, yea they'll try and save all this human trash. in european countries we just say fuck you, you can die now due to your shit choices. so the genetic trash is taken out of the gene pool very effectively and the remaining white people are off a high quality

yes its bad, but these people only bring down the quality of the white race anyway

Overdoses certainly seem to have gone up since narcan came on the scene. I don't think it's unreasonable to think junkies are using more dope because they are less fearful of dying from an overdose because narcan exists. This should be studied. However, it seems like something liberals don't want to be true, and since they control research funding, it probably won't happen.

You took the bait like a idiot. Don't even respond next time or to this next post

I don't think they're related. People don't tend to do drugs in public places where they're likely to be found, they usually don't want to be at all. They also have a habit to react violently when coming around due to narcan because you're taking their high away.

It's likely due to the ease of access and lowered price of heroin, and the addition of Fentanyl makes overdoses more likely.

Knowledge of available revival can and will spur people into repeated usage and lack of caution in these things.

Don't get addicted to fentanyl. These people have no hope of a productive life after a stint of these substances so what problem is a compunction to administering anti oding medication or whatever you'd call these things? The shit coming out of Vancouver up here is comical with these bleeding heart libfilth. Positively cartoonish rates of death in the street with fuckup 'whites' waging the second opiate war upon themselves.

well police aren't in the business of saving lives so this doesn't surprise me

>be junkie
>hate life
>finally OD
>ready for death
>cop revives you and sends you to jail

He's doing them and us a favor.

>implying only degenerate druggies will ever OD
>little kid finds drugs on the street and touches it, dies
>own member of your force comes into contact with fentanyl, dies
>accidental pain med overdose, dies

>violating your entire motto of "To serve and protect" because you're an edgy fuck

America is fucked. Healthcare is shit, you give out narcs like candy, bankrupt the patient, drive them to cheap street drugs, then shrug your shoulders when they die.

>These people have no hope of a productive life after a stint of these substances

>No one who has ever had a drug addiction has ever gotten clean or been successful

>all lives are worth saving

Fentanyl is so fucked up, it's so easy to die from it and its super addictive. Like shit i can barely get my weed habit under control. People on Fentanyl prolly got no hope.

I mean, you're an edgy Sup Forums shitposter, so if you're quantifying the value of lives...

>implying you go from elephant tranquilizer addict to functioning human being

Being white doesn't = free pass to be a degenerate and ruin the lives of others in your community.

Does Narcan reverse the effects of Fentanyl? I hope not.

overdoses have been going up since doctors got everyone addicted to oxycontin, doctors were paid to say synthetic heroin wasn't very addictive
then the chinese/mexicans are getting rich making this extremely potent shit called fentanyl that's impossible to dose correctly unless you have a $10,000 scale
it would be like pouring a vial of acid into a bag of sugar, mixing it up and then trying to figure out a single dose

What is the recovery rate of heroin addicts like 2%?

Not yours

stop falling for the bait.

something super fucking low

I like u.

>accidental pain med overdose, dies
Explain how you manage that?
>I know it said right on the bottle to only take 2 but I ended up taking 10 whoops

>if it saves one it's worth it
You're willing to put a huge drain on the economy just to save 1 (one) life? I guess addicts are a huge commodity to the rehab market because the law must keep them alive in any event and they must pay for rehab services and the state probably pays for them if they can't pay. Why do you feel good propping up such a system?

Yes. It's an opioid antagonist, so it puts a hard cap on how much opioids can effect you.

Because the sheriff is just using it as an excuse not to have to revive junks who, at long last, have finally removed themselves as a burden upon society. And he is completely right in that, he jist can't say it openly

Jail for what? Being high isnt a crime. When i od’d i woke up in a hospital and there was no mention of criminality at any point. I guess if you overdoses next to your drugs they could charge you but that isnt always the case.

>I guess addicts are a huge commodity to the rehab market because the law
they should just legalize all drugs because what's the point of propping up this corrupt system

>people who do things I don't like deserve to die

really makes you think

fellow floridian here, thank you for your service homie you guys deal with some crazy shit out here idk where your located but my city supports you senpai

>des moines

I actually know an addict from there. She relapsed with her bf and he OD and died. She's still crippling addicted to the stuff despite losing everything. Its pretty rampant in the city as a whole.

It isn't.

>it is no one's explicit responsibility to do anything at all for drug addicts

>Muh humans deserve a second chance and shit

This is not even slightly bad. You don't want to overdose? Don't do drugs.

Fucking junkies. Hopefully if they all die the world will become slightly more bearable.

Pretty sure EMTs and Firefighters are the only ones allowed to carry drugs anyways.

>muh police can't into paramedic

I'm with the leaf on this. You can OD on Fentanyl just through skin contact, shit is dangerous.

Yes the state covers junkie rehab. Its not a one off either. Junkies will go back to rehab multiple times and never pay anything for it.

Most tie off, shoot up and nod off. So their shit is right there a lot of the time.

it's the responsibility of the state to put them in private prisons for profit

We protect the supply of heroin, why not protect it's consumers? Its freedom at its best.

easy to say coming from a tough guy sheriff

If you have ever been addicted to opiates or know someone who has, it is no longer a choice at that point. You are quite literally physically and mentally dependent on the stuff.

My friend is in a mental institute because he would rather kill himself then live another day on heroin

these people need help and treatment, not just cast aside for dead. This is a liberal opinion I will defend untill my death

Sounds like a bullshit hit piece. Since when do cop do the job of paramedics? Even a EMT wouldn't be allowed to administer narcan. That's why paramedics make the big bucks

Daily reminder that most of the people dying of overdoses in rust belt states like this are white.

It does

>Its pretty rampant in the city as a whole.

The same could be said for everything town from fucking ames to ottumwa.

It used to be meth that was the main problem, now its those fucking ms-13 shitbags who got cozy with the sinola cartel faggots coming in from chicago bringing their heroin and fentanyl.

Thanks for your service, not being ironic.

Much of the blame for the opioid epidemic falls to pharmaceutical companies and doctors who prescribe the stuff like candy.

Former Heroin dealer and massive addict for a few years. AMA

>You are quite literally physically and mentally dependent on the stuff.
At what point are you crippled for life and are better off dead? There's a point where it's a total waste of money to treat someone, especially if they're 20-30 and fucked themselves to the point of being unemployable or otherwise totally incapable of becoming independent.

please off yourself you insufferable faggot. junkies arent people. let them die, regardless of race. they just get high and have 8 kids that become dependent on the state. they always have shit tier genetics too.

love america
we have the freedom to die from od, but if you're enjoying cannabis you go to jail

I turned away from other drugs and to cannabis. I know pol mostly disagrees but i find it shocking that mere posession of a substance with no intent to sell or large amounts is still illegal. What a waste to lock people up for posession.

I honestly don't blame the pills as much as I blame them prescribing fucking Methodone after they get busted and in trouble for opiate users now.

They are seriously just giving them fucking drugs, the same exact shit mind you which is opiates, to get through the day everyday, the concept drives me nuts.

I agree we should research addiction much more and actually find ways to combat it. Rehab is a fucking lie that doesn't work at all and only keeps them clean during.

We know, why do you think there are Sup Forums threads about heroin everyday?

Very true. I grew up in Newton (30 mins East of Des Monies). My entire childhood the big bad drug was meth, labs and tweekers were everywhere.

It seems like all the right people fell into meth though, opiates cast a much broader net.

Me too, i started selling H at 16. This shit is the plague and Jews like the sackler family who own purdue pharma started this mess just like David Sassoon did with the opium war with china. The Jews did this, its always the Jews.

Been clean for 1 month tho hbu?

How many of your customers died?

gnarly dude, sweet edges man

Who is in charge of deciding when someone is worth treating or not though? I've seen very very good people go down the wrong path, and it's really painfull to watch your friends slowly kill themselves.

Aside from being an addict, a lot of these people are young 20-30 year old respectable white people. You have niggers and trash sure, but this has become an epidemic

>Rehab is a fucking lie that doesn't work
Ibogaine is classified as a Schedule I-controlled substance in the United States,[62] and is not approved there for addiction treatment

>Florida
>police

Oh god I can only imagine the things you've seen. Greentext for us.

>internet tough guy detected.

A good number of heroin addicts started off after a pill pusher doctor started them on these.

Mind you that Oxycontin was originally marketed as having no physical addiction.

>posession of a substance with no intent to sell
Which you bought from someone who totally intended to sell it. I don't really have a problem with voluntary transactions but if there's no one intending to sell it then how did you even get it?

Ibogaine is dangerous. I'm not against it being used as treatment if it actually helps, but idk how much of that is true.

but if they die how can you get any more sheckles out of them (and you buy having to pay sheckles for the junkie's OD goy)?

well i gifted user some money and because he is such a good guy he gifted me some marijuana as thanks (:

My point is most people are not involved in distribution themselves. Of course someone had to sell it to them but what is your point?

it should be studied more, same with cannabis
for ages the government blocks research and tells us it's bad
maybe they could research it and find a safer way to administer it

Good. Cops aren't doctors.

>muh hometown
>muh Hamiton. OH
God Bless Richard Jones

I personally don't have a problem with it. I find the best way to control it is legalization and regulation. That way there is data on whom is addicted, how much they're using, and who is using. Plus if its like a methadone clinic? Lot of money for dem programs to be made off of willful heroin addicts.
I shot 7 grams a day. Most I ever did was 11 in a day.
I also cold turkeyed. Methadone fucked me up and made me even worse. Ended up going back on Heroin just to get off of Methadone at one point.

I don't so much think it is a plague, I think its an object that has not been respected since cartels and organizations that don't give a fuck about you are the ones selling it.

Unknown. Is this just curiosity? Or do you have a point to be made?

Wow you are actually stupid.

The administration of drugs should be limited to EMS, doctors or nurses.

Not Sheriff Deputies, unless they are also EMS, doctors or nurses.

Whats your point on this? Splenda got approved through bribes. Fuck the FDA.

LSD is a wonderful medicine for the mind in some people.

What if you came home to your daughter OD'ing and you were to much of a stubborn prick to carry narcan on you?