Everyone here is an adult right? Do you think it would be ok for you as an adult...

Everyone here is an adult right? Do you think it would be ok for you as an adult, to start talking to some 16 year old girl about how much you want to kill yourself for months? And then if she later said go ahead and do it, and then you did, do you think she should go to prison?

Other urls found in this thread:

fox25boston.com/news/all-the-text-messages-between-michelle-carter-and-conrad-roy-they-day-he-died/532942907
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gee this isn't a biased perspective at all

>And then if she later said go ahead and do it, and then you did, do you think she should go to prison?
Yes. Now fuck off.

I don't think anyone should go to prison for a bunch of fucking words, at the end of the day the lad pulled the trigger himself, if he was constantly ganged up on and told to off himself that would be different because that would also be harassment.

>when she wouldve gotten away with it since there are similar cases of people being told to kill themselves and doing it and they set enough precedent that she had a solid case to get off scott free but the judge found a loophole because he got out of his car and had doubts about suicide and she told him to get back in the fucking car and do it

cunt deserves a long time in prison, her family and her dead boyfriends family had been family friends for years and they'd grown up together, fucking disgusting excuse of a human being

she was a sociopathic piece of shit who would've done more fucked up shit if they didn't lock her away

i was genuinely surprised her parents didn't fucking disown her

This. Fuck these threads. She can go to a gas chamber for all I care.

Why is this ugly cunt still being discussed?

Everyone here is mentally retarded right? Do you think it would be ok for you as a retard, to start talking to some 16 year old girl about how much you want to potato? And then if she later said go ahead and potato, and then you did, do you think she should go to prison?

He chose to get back in the car because he wanted to kill himself.

OP wants to push some shitty narrative about how she isn't guilty

not even trying are you

Telling some guy who has been telling you himself for months that he wanted to kill himself, to kill himself, is not "fucked up shit" especially after she told him to get help originally. If she was out (which she currently is, she's being sentenced in a month), as long more suicidal men didn't come to her harassing her for months about how much they want to kill themselves, then she wouldn't even do what she did.

>be me, 15 year old dude about to an hero
>ask 4 chan if I should do it for the lolz
>they say "no user, lift daily and go the library."
>4 chan saved my life
>now I'm a Wendy's chef with a 9 inch dick

>if he was constantly ganged up on and told to off himself that would be different because that would also be harassment.

which is exactly what happened you mouth breathing idiot

why the fuck are you commenting on a story that you have no knowledge on. Go read the article. you are literally commenting on a headline you subhuman waste of life.

This bitch harassed this guy for weeks, pressuring him to do it, emotionally manipulating him because he thought he could trust her.

When he was commiting suicide he had second thoughts and backed out, when he told her, she told him to 'get back in the car'

This bitch is guilty as fuck, and ANYONE who sides with her is a sociopath and is only siding with her because they are worried they'll get locked up one day for some sociopath shit

fuck all yall

Hell no, this shit is absurd.
>She pretty much did euthanasia but privatized

What are you talking about. If he didn't want to get back in the car, then why did he get back in the car.

How is that bait you fucking retard? There is no way to get inside that guy's head and determine the degree of his mental illness. He exercised free will in continuing to talk with the girl. If he REALLY wanted to live, he wouldn't have killed himself.

If she was hot , she would have gotten off. But she's a dumb, stupid, ugly whore and was found guilty!!!! HAHAHAHAHA BITCH!!!

she pressured him to get back in the car knowing very well he had a history of depression.
Then she proceeded to make attention-seeking tweets about missing him.

She just said back to him what he had been telling her for months. Don't see why it's ok for him to say it but not for her to say it back.

Yes. He was literally in the process of killing himself when she told him to do it. Her later texts reveal that he reached out to her so she would talk him out of doing it but she told him to do it anyway. Not preventing a suicide counts as assisted suicide so she got her sentence. If she random told him to kill himself and he did it she would be fine. Because he was actually in the process of killing himself it was against the law and she was punished accordingly.

fox25boston.com/news/all-the-text-messages-between-michelle-carter-and-conrad-roy-they-day-he-died/532942907

i take it you two haven't read the texts

have you read the transcript of their text messages. This girl was seriously mentally ill, she wanted him to kill herself so that she could get attention.

She should learn from all other women on this planet so this could be avoided.
>Ignore

What do you mean she "pressured" him? If she was pressuring him then he must have liked the pressure because he never told her to stop or leave him alone. He didn't because he himself wanted to kill himself. Would be stupid to tell someone to stop saying to you what you yourself have been saying to them for months.

It's probably not constitutional that she's going to prison but she seems like a sociopath so... good riddance.

Can't think anything if you're dead. Point being is that governments have already begun monitoring thought crimes. Soon we're going to be replacing the potheads in prison as that shits now becoming legal and the guards unions won't be losing any jobs will it?

>Not preventing a suicide counts as assisted suicide

No it doesn't. Also she couldn't literally prevent the suicide, as in, with physical force, because she wasn't there.

It's still assisted suicide.

I've read them. He chose to kill himself. Stop virtue signaling bro, you're not getting any points.

Yes I read the texts. How does text messages stop him from being able to control his own actions in killing himself?

She was convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter.

1. Dude was killed as a result of her actions.

2. The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.

3. She knew or should have known her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

There's the points. Argue away...

No it's not.

No, actually it's not. You should look into that though.

1) I'm not suicidal.
2) I wouldn't talk to a girl 10 years younger than me.
3) I'm not an adult.
4)Traps ARE gay
5) Comes after 4
6) I like lists.

>go ahead and do it
honestly if she said it only once or twice I wouldn't have minded but she kept pushing him for days.
>CONRAD DO IT
>CONRAD DID YOU DO IT
>ARE YOU GONNA DO IT TODAY CONRAD
>DO IT NOW STOP BEING A COWARD, CONRAD
>DO IT CONRAD
>YOUR PARENTS WILL GET OVER IT CONRAD
>DO IT

He stepped outside the vehicle at one point and she told him to get back in
some texts from her to him :
> You can't think about it You just have to do it? You said you were gonna do it like I don't get why you arent
>You're just making it harder on yourself by pushing it off, you just have to do it

>Go in your truck and drive in a sparkling lot somewhere, to a park or something
>Do it now like early
>No I think night is more suspicious. A kid sitting in his car just turn on the radio and do it. It won't be suspicious, and it won't take long

>1. Dude was killed as a result of her actions.
He was killed, by himself, as a result of his own actions. Or if you want to blame someone else for someone choosing to commit suicide, you should blame the people that made him suicidal, which isn't her, he was long since wanting to kill himself and tried before.

She would probably not go to prison. There was this case of a girl going to court for a similar situation, she egged him on to get him off her back towards the end.

However they had been dating earlier and he was about 18yo, and if i remember correctly she insisted to stay in contact with him.

>virtue signalling

herp derp, if it was solely his choice and he really wanted to kill himself that badly then i believe it wouldn't be as big a deal, but she pushed him over the edge

he backed out at the last minute

the whole time he was texting the cunt he could've gotten help instead, she enabled his death

which is why she's getting manslaughter and not murder

>endless supply of burgers
>4chin saved my life
>9 inch dick

Obviously, more and more women will need to go to prison to achieve the equality of outcome commie women do desire.

She should not go to jail.

Words are words, they have many meanings, but ultimately we are the ones who justify what we interpret from words.

Fuck Anarchists.

>you should blame the people that made him suicidal which isn't her
>which isn't her

>Words

But when did she actually make him get inside the truck? Why did he get back inside the truck, if he, in fact, did not want to? She didn't hold a gun to his head.

I can't see why not.

I get the feeling her "bf" kept threatening suicide for attention, and she got sick of it. I've been in this situation before but I never told the person to just do it, but I can see why she did. It's a form of mental abuse when someone does it to you.

>Guy keeps saying he wants to kill himself
>Tries before and fails
>She tells him to get help but he won't listen
>She's the fault that he was suicidal

Do you even know anything about the case.

That bit gave me pause too. The decision to take your own life has to have more than one variable. This conviction would seem to imply the only variable in his decision is her insistence which seems unlikely.

First of all she didn't say "go ahead" she repeatedly encouraged him.

Second of all, our perspective on this matter is largely coming from that of a relatively sane and stable person.

This guy was not, he was severely depressed and suicidal, he didn't have the perspective on life to see outside of his depression and so was in a vulnerable state.

She deliberately abused that position of power she had over him and for that she's going to jail for a very long time, and rightly so.

It's not in question that he took his own life, whats at question is if she did anything wrong by encouraging someone who isnt capable of rational thought, to go kill themselves.

Another person punished for a victimless crime. Everything here was completely consensual.

This is also covered under the first amendment. The Supreme Court will hopefully correct this ruling and stop this dangerous precedent from being set.

the people posting these threads are the kind of men that wan to fuck any female thats in any situation like this regardless of how ugly and disgusting she is
there were threads debating on how innocent and or attractive alyssa bustamante, the slender man killers, jodi arias, amanda knox, casey anthony etc for months and months after they were in the media
they are equal to the mentally ill females that send male serial killers letters all day

Reminds me of this epic meme

I agree, its not like she asked him to get help and get off her back. She asked him several times if he killed himself. What sane person do that? Anyway prison sentence for words, hm.. thats fucked up too

If she had some "position of power" over him that took away his free will, why couldn't she get him to get help when she told him to? Since apparently she controls his body. Because she didn't have a position of power over him, he killed himself because that's what he wanted to do. Also we don't know if she'll go to jail for a long time, she hasn't been sentenced yet, hopefully she gets no serious time.

I don't know the law regarding this, but it would be absolutely retarded if she did.

Nobody can be held accountable for taking your own life exepct YOU.

Not at all he is not a man an deserve to be dead. No one killed him but himself.

>its not like she asked him to get help

Yes she did. See here

Ok so the official court ruling is "involuntary manslaughter" because she "assisted Conrad in committing suicide by counselling him to overcome his doubts and pressuring him to commit suicide in the short-term". So apparently it is assisted suicide.

Why is her face so weird?

Bitch has a fivehead

women want to be treated like men

so yes

This
Guy was a pussy and a coward

>land of the free
>literally the 1st (first) amendment in the constitution is that you have a right to speak freely about anything
>get arrested for speaking
Lol

>land of the free
>goes to prison for murder speech

wew

That's not the court ruling, that was the indictment filed in 2015. Also you said that not preventing suicide is assisted suicide.

After thinking about it this makes sense. I didn't know that she told him methods to commit suicide. Of cause nobody should go to jail for telling somebody to kill themselves. But if you are actively feeding somebody ways to commit suicide, and trying to make them go through with it, "assisted suicide" is a pretty sinsible final court ruling.

I'd fuck it

Try saying the holohaux didn't happen Hans. You'll have all the free speech you want while being raped in prison.

She was found guilty because the judge said, if he had stayed inside the car, it would have been his own fault but since she told him to get back in, it was her fault.

In fact, it isn't.

user., go back to your containment board

Board is full of suicidal neets and degenerates. They post threads all the time wishing for a murder-fu to finally motivate them to kill themselves or do it for them

Kinda split on this. I would say a prison sentence is overkill, but she should still be punished some way or another.

Yes, we have laws against that behavior. You should be in prison, too; it's clear and obvious you don't understand societies or civilization. You are worthless human garbage.

She clearly used her powers of pyschokinesis to mindbreak the guy and force him to kill himself.

Which is hot as fuck.

It's quite a phenomenon

No if the guy was still alive, he should be in prison for harassing the underaged girl. He convinced her that the best thing for his life was for him to kill himself, and so she just started showing full support. This was after she wanted him to get help. See here

>Implying if you're not an adult then you don't agree

Weak, OP.

It's also fun to troll the sad sacks, also helps to discuss law every now and again.

The point was, an adult should know not to be talking to some 16 year old girl about how much you want to kill yourself.

>he had complete agency over his actions even though he was mental
>he also had agency over her actions
>she had absolutely no agency over her own actions despite being of sound mind
>she had no effect on him even though she convinced him that his parents wouldn't mind and told him to go through with killing himself while he was in the process of doing so
This makes total sense.

Here's my take. It isn't a simple "lol kys my man", and it isn't "take this gun that I'll buy for you and kys". She coaxed him into it and I think the entire issue is a testament to his weak willed nature. She did abuse that, but her punishment should not be as severe. I think the kid was dumb and if we all punished people who gave us bad advice, the courts would be filled with "murderers". Just tell the kid to tell this girl to fuck off, simple as that.

Because he was unstable and she knew that you fucking ancap faggot.

be nice to your big brother

/nu/pol kill yourself, this post has so much low test dipshittery leaking from it that my ballsack started dancing

user., despite his flag, he's right.

No. Ancap is just as retarded as communism. Their entire ideology can be destroyed by one word: "nukes".

Because it's not about taking away power, he's still got as much free will as he did before to control his own actions.

That's not the issue, the issue is that when you're depressed the chemical makeup of your brain is different. It alters your perception and makes things seem worse than they really are, and especially makes it very hard to be able to visualize how you could feel happy again in future.

Saying profoundly stupid shit like "since apparently she controls his body" doesn't make your argument any stronger, straw manning the people you're debating doesn't make you right.

We treat circumstances differently ALL THE TIME, when people have diminished mental capacity, if you're too young to know what's good for you (a minor) for example. Guess what you don't control kids either but if you tell one to suck your dick every day and that happens, you goto jail.

Or if you have a mental age which different from your physical age, so for example if you're legally not a minor but have a diagnosed condition which gives you limited mental capacity.

Or like if someone is high on PCP or similar and you tell them to cut their face off, and they do.

Or 100 other things that can cause abnormal brain state and leave people vulnerable and not capable of making decisions that are in their own best interest, including depression.

I didn't say she didn't have agency over her actions. I'm just saying that he convinced her that what was best for him was to die. However, between the two of them, if you were going to say one had agency over the others actions, it would be him. He got her to change her opinion about him getting help, to her agreeing with him that he should die. He never changed, he always wanted to kill himself. She seems to be powerless in persuading him while he has power in persuading her.

she's going to age like shit

Are we just going to say everyone who does anything bad is "unstable" and not responsible for their own actions?

user, I said: be nice to your big brother.
>statist borders
>capitalism
>state will just, like, stay small
>free market capitalism
>arbitrarily restricting border laws
>limiting migrant labour
>capitalist
Ancap is capitalist because it is globalist.

What kind of leafposting??

Again the guy was mental. She was of sound mind so she should have been the more reasonable one. If a crazy person tells you to stab him and you do it it's still your fault not the crazy persons.

Just saying, how can you be a capitalist if you have laws limiting cheap labour private owners desire? If Paco is willing to out-compete you in a free market, a state with borders restricts this. It isn't a free market.
Wasn't it Mises who said that nations are merely speedbumps on the road to that kind of internationalism?

>texting with somebody is comparable to stabbing somebody

user., you're being very silly.

Less crazy people=better.
Besides, the guy wasn't absolutely brain dead. He was surely able to deduce good advice from bad advice. The fact that he didn't just means he was an idiot and deserved to die.

She's a sociopath. I have no sumpathy for her