I'm going to travel to France to join the foreign legion...

I'm going to travel to France to join the foreign legion. I've been in the Australian Army Reserve for four years as an Infantry soldier. What are my chances?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bmRiveOge_8
uniforms-4u.com/p-us-army-asu-dress-enlisted-hat-10035.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As good as anyone else's. I considered doing that a long time ago but never did.

Why would you want to?

They don't like taking 1st world soldiers because you'll be in 3rd world conditions. Miserable conditions. Worse than anything you'd imagine.

Fuck no mate. They are all jihadists and paid blades. Better try out in Syria.

I think you have to be able to speak french.
N'est pas.

Not a requirement. They teach you french if you get in.

A horrendous idea. Why fight for a foreign country that hates you and earn fucking pennies. Your existence will be miserable

you will literally be raped

do you speak french are you ready to ditch aussie citizenship if not forget it

>I've been in the [insert army here]

Well, you can forget it. They almost never take former armymen, that way they can build a conditioning from scratch without having to break the old one.

You remember what Yoda said, "You must unlearn what you have learned"? well, the legion likes not having to deal with the "unlearn" part.

With actual military training pretty good. Have fun dying for the frogs and their north african bulls you idiot. Traitor.

It's not about who or what I'm fighting for or the pay. It's for the fight itself. That's the only reason I joined the military.

it's really really unlikely you'll be assigned to a unit that sees combat in the FFL right now from what I've heard

I'd do a lot more looking into it if I were you.

Then join a militia somewhere in East Asia, Africa or the middle east. Not the Frogs

Are you fresh out of boot or something? Those goofy ideas are bullshit and belong only in cinema.

become a mercenary then faggot

You will be accepted my dude. Prepare yourself, it's going to be a crazy experience, but you'll have to learn French and learn to tolerate niggers and brown people training with you.

>glorified bodyguards
>seeing any fighting either

lmao
m
a
o

Anyone with previous military experience tends to get priority. Just make sure your BMI is in the required range.

The foreign legion is hard
but if you want to become Français par le sang versé

And also some pepole at the foreign legion are old mercenaries and criminal from third world country

Shut up and do what you're told!
A lot of people fuck that part up.

Does the legion even pay good?

>What are my chances?
Apparently 1 in 12 get in.

Great if you can learn a bit of french on the way, if you are fit and can shut your mouth while your superior hits you with a wooden stick at 4am to wake you up.

Spoiler alert: there's gonna be a lot of niggs.

Hahahaha no
Well maybe for a greek

How good are you at surrendering?

Assuming you are being serious, it's a stupid fucking idea. Don't do it.

they almost never take people from first world countries because they have a bad habit of trying to desert

Why would you do that you retard? The Australian army has 10x less shitskins, 10x better equipment and 10x better pay.
The foreign legion is for shitskins and 3rd worlders who want french citizenship.

>trying to desert

Aren't you free to leave whenever?

Haha! Is this about our debts? Man, I've never heard that one before! You're a riot!

If you're asking about your chances, then I suggest not even going. I only suggest to go if you prepare yourself to be disappointed. I've heard lots of stories of people not getting accepted despite being top tier candidates. Just have enough money to go back to where you're from.

well generally they dont want people deciding to fly home 3/4 of the way through training because of homesickness

No, you sign on for a certain period of time.
Why would they waste energy and money training someone if they are just going to leave?

I don't think you have a chance, they only want 3rd world citizens because when they die in french operations, no one really care in France

Army reserve is cadet-tier. Should have gone ARA you chocco cuck

>3rd worlders who want french citizenship
lol can't they just take a boat to france to get that

THIs, they're only hiring Africans who only speak french and other nonwhites from départements d'outre mer. If you don't speak french that is automatically a strike against you, even though officially it's not supposed to be a requirement

Probably pretty good, start learning French prior to make the transition easier. They only speak French in the legion and will care little for your g'day mates and shrim on the Barbary shit.

Wtf is french foreign legion?

Some people join the military to be warriors and some choose to take a pay check. FFL are (often) the first boots on the ground in most engagements involving western coalition armies.

The last refuge for scum and villainy across the world.

Dude they have Chinese soldiers, Canadians, Americans, and all other Euro trash. It's not just some weird conscripts. I'm sure they do want the Algerians who have seen combat, because they don't have to train them to speak French like the other recruits.

wtf do they do?

I'll bet your chances are not nearly as high as someone in the same physical condition who has never had any military experience. A raw recruit will always hold the Legion as the standard. You will always be comparing it to your experience as an infantrymen in the Reserves.

If you really don't give two shits about the money user, you could start learning some Kurdish. There is a meat grinder over there running at maximum efficiency. While volunteering in another military might be an uphill battle because of your experience, offering your services as a mercenary might be easier because of your experience.

I'm not so sure that is true now. Yes, they want those kind of guys but the refugee crisis is hampering that pool I'm sure. I believe Muslims also get somewhere around 70% rejection rate. If you are constantly thinking about the legion, you're only gonna be out of 2-3 grand. Mine as well try if you're fit and able.

Join the US Marines as an infantryman I guarantee you will see combat. Also the US will pump millions of dollars of training into you while paying you $25k a year.

do 5 years and then go to mercenary or directly to mercenary if you're already a really good soldier

French expeditionary legion usually shock troops to go in first on helos. It's a French division of the army which takes in applicants from all over the world.

They choose whether or not you meet qualifications and you can choose to become a French national and be named something new.

They often take from those who have finished their service in their own countries much like a national private mil company.m but with much more rules because they are a apart of a governing body.

Tl;dr people who want to fight for France or people who just want to fight instead of dealing with the beaurocrats.

People who've got a shitty past and are running from crime or 3rd world countries sign up to fight in the FFL. They get trained, their identity is scrubbed and they get shit pay but travel the world.
Why anyone would join a country renowned for being shit at war is beyond me.

I think there is a 6 month hold on all immigrant enlistment by General Mattis.

Enjoy being cannon fodder for the frogs and getting raided by Sahelian tribesmen. This is probably the worst time to join the French legions considering how unstable French ex colonies and proxy states are these days. There's a good chance that if you do make it, that you will probably see some major action in these next few years.

I'm sorry but the majority of PMCs seem far to shady to risk my life fighting for, sorry.

join saa or hezbollah

I'd rather die in battle than heart disease you fat fuck.

Former US Marine Ken O'Keefe on the Jewish Supremacist Talmudic Satanic Pedo Bankster Cult

youtu.be/bmRiveOge_8

gay

be paid less that french soldier.
No phoe or internet
Dying so some french kid can sip coffee while you keep crappy parts of Africa french speaking.

Entirely gay.

>I'd rather die in battle than heart disease you fat fuck.

Well go do it for something you give a fuck about not the french proving foreigners are stupid enough to die in their place for less money you retard.

in world war 1 most of the legion units were wiped out to the last man.
>min. 5 yr enlistment
>u would roughly have 250000$ if u managed ur money wisely
>ur basically a hired gun for france
>at the end of 1st enlistment if it is honorable u can gain french citizenship
>people die in their training whether by accident or design
>u will jump out of planes

And squatting gopniks

>gain french citizenship

well that's worth wiping your ass on.

>Great if you can learn a bit of french on the way, if you are fit and can shut your mouth while your superior hits you with a wooden stick at 4am to wake you up.
>Spoiler alert: there's gonna be a lot of niggs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HONEST MAN

Why waste your time get a high paying job and travel the world

kek i concur but it is something they offer

If you meet eligibility requirements, 100%.

vive le idiot
vive le guerre
vive le imbicile legionairre

If i knew what i know now, i would have signed up to this when i was young.

>that hat

when did they have hats? I thought they wore berets

>kek i concur but it is something they offer

A french national identity card is plastic coated. You won't really be able to wipe your ass best you can hope for is an uncomfortable scraping

Had a mate who joined when he was 18. he was a tough guy, but when he came back he wasn't the same. Said they were a bunch of rapists and psychos. Good luck user.

>If i knew what i know now, i would have signed up to this when i was young.

They shill this crap on /k constantly.

you spend roughly the first year of your enlistment in training phase. they send u to "farms" where they evaluate you from the minute you declare you want to enlist to when they determine what unit you will be assigned to. professional soldiering without the watered down pc crap in the us military.

>They don't like taking 1st world soldiers

this. they look more at a real economical need and not some bored shit poster. although you may be fit that military experience is a strike against you at the FFL. but go for it, you'll know in three weeks

Did you join the legion, my potato loving brother? I considered it when I was younger but now it seems like a terrible idea

Why would you do that stupid retard

You do know that recruits have more chances of dying from stress and suicides as a result of PTSD, than getting killed the battlefield? Enjoy your crippling nightmares and depression/anxiety user.

kys faggot no one wants your underpaid shitfest the legion is a crock, it always was and it always will be. IF you enjoy regular beatings, lots of deaths in training (for the sake of example) and a convicted pedo as your medic fondling your bollocks then hop right in.

>Did you join the legion, my potato loving brother? I considered it when I was younger but now it seems like a terrible idea

I've been around.

>$25k per year for risking your life in some shitty fucking desert to defend jewish interests
Why would anyone want to do that?

>I've been around.

You can be vague, but be a little less vague. I don't care why you joined a foreign nations army and got a completely new identity, I only care about what the actual legion part was like. It's so interesting to me.

With the 2015 phase-out of the Green Class A Uniform and the introduction of Army Service Uniform (ASU), regulations specified that although the beret would be the ASU’s primary headgear, both Officers and Enlisted Soldiers were required to also own the a service cap. Whether or not Soldiers at the Corporal grade or higher wear the beret or the service cap is up to the discretion of their commanders.

uniforms-4u.com/p-us-army-asu-dress-enlisted-hat-10035.aspx

funny the dead would disagree i think. being a human bloodstaned dildo for mother earth is not as fun as you think

hey i'm not shilling anything to anyone i'm only sharing what i've heard and read the ffl would definitely not be my cup o tea. they gather people from around the world who dont speak the same language and teach them french using violent negative reinforcement. just saying is all.

That's completly wrong, they have a large number of East europeans, South America and the newest addition are chineses

Kek, I was never given that cap and I went through Basic in 2015.

>the actual legion part was like
hazing, deaths, africa (no law there), more deaths, more beatings, disease, more deaths, standing still in a white uniform that boils you alive for 8 hours in the middle of nohere while a drunk nco piss on you and shoot in the ground . More beatings. A gay NCO that rapes rookies. Stitting in the jungle getting shit burrowing under your skin.
Then finally
Freedom. Glorious fucking freedom.

>deaths

Is the death rate still high? Did people die in your training (as the legend goes)? The FFL is trying to clean up it's mercenary image but this sounds exactly like all the stereotypes, did you join within the last decade? Either way now I'm so fucking glad I smartened up and didn't join.

No he's only put a six month hold on trannies joining

C'est merde come France mon chef, c'est comme un june fille avec un bite pour une suprise. C;est comme un malidie fungal dans le cou. C'est reien bon etc tout mauvaise dans un experience. C'est comme disyney dans le glace may avec misere et dans un char leger chaud dans afrique avec tpois autre mec un qe il un pede.. C'est pour les idiots

>Did people die in your training (as the legend goes)?
You know people die in training in the American military, too. Wherever there is training, in whatever military you're in, there's always the chance that an accident will happen. NTC averages 1 death per training cycle.

do they still use la' pelote

Ex-legionnaire here. Most of this thread is utter drivel.

OP you gotta be sure FFL is your last and only option. If it is not, then don't.

Don't learn French. If you do, don't say that to nobody.
Keep shut, all the times there is superior in 50 metres radius.
You will run more than you ever imagined you will run. Prepare for that.

If this user wasn't in the Legion in the 60-80s I'm rather skeptical

That's why it is only last option.

>C'est merde come France mon chef, c'est comme un june fille avec un bite pour une suprise. C;est comme un malidie fungal dans le cou. C'est reien bon etc tout mauvaise dans un experience. C'est comme disyney dans le glace may avec misere et dans un char leger chaud dans afrique avec tpois autre mec un qe il un pede.. C'est pour les idiots

Its shit like france chief. Its like a young girl with a dick for a suprise. Its like a fungal disease in the arse. Its nothing good and everything bad in one experience. Its like dyney on ice, but with more misery and in a hot light tank in africa with three other guys one of which is a poof. It is for idiots.

You should be able to join at the French Embassy. A friend's great uncle joined during Roosevelt's depression at the Consulate in New Orleans.

This reminds me that Bear Gryllis -- or however his name is spelled -- joined the Foreign Legion in a special.

can i get an english drop on that because i have no idea what was said

Don't listen to couch-plebs here. If that is your conviction, and you have thought long and hard about how it aligns with your value system, moral code, code of honor, etc., then listen to your heart.
Just know that the FFL wants people who will never bitch about anything. That picture is nice, but all of them have raw feet from sand chafing, infections, poor nutrition, etc. They are forged metal.
Meditate long and hard, but once you make a decision commit to it wholeheartedly.

posted before i seen u translate sorry