Well that's stupid

Other urls found in this thread:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59639fe2e4b0d5b458ec4481
youtube.com/watch?v=X_y0LxcANic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wow great thread, thanks for sharing

Fake news with skewered reasoning and cherry picked data.

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59639fe2e4b0d5b458ec4481 Here's the source

As a method for indoctrinating young minds to be intolerant windbags who readily manipulate the power of the state to silence and punish dissenting views, and outright violence when that fails, yeah sure

We're still richer

>traditionalists think marxist producers are bad for the country
shocking info

>Marxist
What?

Huffinggluepost

Kill yourself. Seriously. You'll improve human genetics.

Jordan Peterson agrees.

That's a first

I posted it again XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>Not sage my dude

No one's against learning. What people are against is the idea that all of these extra parts of a curriculum or every degree mean something.

What does a sociology degree actually mean? Social Workers would benefit far more from psychology courses than slanted statistics with unchallenged opinion. In fact, I would love to learn more about it's history because it seemed to spring up out of nowhere in the guise of being modern anthropology.

College now is less about equipping young adults with the skills to work in a profession and more about instilling progressive values with the accompanying sense of self-righteousness entitlement to a world that they believe will meet their newfound expectations

It's true, college has become nothing more than leftist indoctrination centers, it has lost its true value. All the most successful kids I know have certificates or licenses, degrees are overrated(worth shit these days).

To be a good salesman you don't have to be smart but averagely stupid.

Professor, scientists, researchers, don't become richer. Salesman and schemers are the ones that do.

You're first time to do something meaningful for the world? Yes, we know.

College is, and has been for at least a decade+ a glorified extended babysitter that enables extended adolescence and nativity. Most people I've met who graduated from well-respected schools are children. Now go talk to someone who did 2-year trade school and actually works, it's night and day.

Where there are societies right? It would be stupid not to study them. The production of knowledge is an end in itself, not a way to produce goods or wealth.

College has never been about producing the skill to work, but about producing knowledge, truth and the virtue to pursue them.

It's only after the college became a necessary passage to land skilled jobs that people started to going there not because they wanted to learn but because they wanted to make money.

And politicians used this misunderstanding of the masses (who are never fond of learning) to defund colleges, and make them dependent on business interests.

How about you take some deep breathes

Yet sociology has never been proven to have any merit. It's "findings" were ordained before research was done. That's why any argument that challenges established views is ignored entirely. That's not science.

It's opinion framing at best. So while I absolutely agree knowledge being unprofitable shouldn't deter it's study, we shouldn't pretend some things injected in curriculums is knowledge at all.

HuffPo articles are well known as anti-Republican fiction.

Not all knowledge is scientific.

For example we know why in the passage from baroque to classical music happened a simplification of orchestration and lines. It is a story that dwells mostly in the different ways that music was listened to in the 18th century from the 17th.

We know it, it's pretty undisputed, but it's not scientific.

Also many sciences are young and deserve people to study methodology and look for ways to do research. A lot of times it's not even of methodology, it's a question of framing.

Before Darwin biology didn't have much going on, with Darwin it got a framing but didn't have a mthodology for testing which really came only later with the discovery of the dna.

But if people like you were saying "well it didn't give any results let's drop it" nothing of that would have come of.

But you talk like an ignorant man, someone who doesn't know much of either sociology of epistemology.

If you want an advice start from reading this book: Jon Elster - Explaining Social Behavior: More Nuts and Bolts for the Social Sciences

Go, study! And be an anti-intellectual no more!

Anyone who believes "cultural Marxism" is a real thing is a total dipshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_y0LxcANic

Lol
>someone's opinion hasn't been reinforced by sociological studies

aw I'm sorry user

The only thing you take in deep is the large amounts of nigger cum down your throat so stop giving advice.

The funniest thing is seeing these dipshits think that adorno is responsible for people attacking the western canon, when his whole problem with capitalism was that it destroyed the conditions for the production and appreciation of great western culture.

>I don't understand sociology

You don't realize that sociology based courses are generally hybrids. One must consider psychology, history, basic stats, not to mention learning about various institutions or social structures( whether it be religions or a justice system) that we all operate in.

I spat out my drink laughing

Like what? Give me some examples

I go to an extremely liberal school with a major in the medical field for a medical field. For some reason the faggy students here demanded a diversity class be taken in order to graduate, so I took an Asian American issues class. Now, I did 6 years in the Navy so I have a little more life experience than other undergrads. The teacher says so many fucking half truths and lies. I once asked her to explain rampant cheating in the chinese school system, to which she replied, "but cheating is everywhere."

Bad for the US in what context? A small percentage of students graduate with STEM or trade skills v. the rest who are in debt with a useless education + indoctrination + STDs + etc + etc. "Underrepresented" minority groups are also the ones taking on these useless degrees, which helps them in the long run how? Yet here you are defending it.

The irony is you're more intellectually stunted than the redneck Republicans that actually looked at the issue holistically.

They did a cost-benefit analysis of college. You just read the headline and went, "lol they think education is bad."

Fucking idiot.

Well republicans often preach fiction so maybe he meant anti "Republican fiction"

Adorno loved western culture, specifically classical music and classical literature.

>I spat out Tyrone's cum laughing
ftfy

What good are skills and a salary when you have no heart and no culture? The american suburbs are a hellscape of alienation made of people have never valued anything in life other than money (and ironically ending up not even doing that much of it)

kill yourself

My point and your point aren't mutually exclusive friend.

Those weren't even by huff post