Redpill me on "traveling" and "seeing the world"

Redpill me on "traveling" and "seeing the world".

It feels like empty, consurmerist bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

rightwingnews.com/human-interest/woman-saves-30000-8-months-eating-trash-allowing-travel-world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's because it is.

This. Go to Paris if you want to be raped and cannibalized by niggers.

"seeing the world" for a roastie is riding foreign dick and going full whore without people back home knowing about it

As opposed to what? It seems far less consumeristic than buying a house and car. That is of course if you do it by yourself and not through some shitty tour group.

t. English teacher travelling to Japan

One should travel with no possessions but whats really necessary.
A bag, canteen, leatherman tool, and your paperwork, what else do you need?

This pic explains it all.

A big bank account.

Do it if you want to. Don't do it if you don't.

That meme is wrong because the multiculturalism shown is only in western countries.

it's a double edged sword. if you really never leave your home town than your risk becoming a blumpkin but it's true that a lot of it is consumerist memes.

i've traveled to nice white countries like Ireland, Canada, Sweden (barely white) but I would love to visit Japan. That's about it honestly I don't care for Europe too much or Africa or Australia or south Asia or China

I find it fun to see other countries architecture, experience their cuisine, and explore the wilderness of their country. Of course only European countries and some Asian countries.

A lot of the shitty third world is 'multicultural' in that different ethnicities and cultures are forced to live together within post-colonial national borders. The difference is that it's not a state policy as enforced in Western nations.

>pic related

If you travel over here you can stay at my house. I'll dress you up like a girl through and administer spankings.

One of the best things you can do with your life, is live in a foreign country for a few years. But yeah travelling is empty consumerism.

Idk, I was more talking about the general meme of western liberals thinking traveling is the greatest thing ever and you're nothing unless you've been to Prague or wherever. It just seems like status signaling while they're acting like they're not huge consumerist drones.

Seeing as only dumb broads and beta males do it just to post pictures and feel superior, it probably is vapid consumerism.
What do I know though, I sit in my apartment most of the day

Only if you call me gill and let me cum on your natsoc flag

Why would seeing the world be empty bullshit? The world is a big place there's lots worth seeing.

"Traveling" and "Seeing the world" for women consists of taking selfies and taking so much cock it can be measured in miles. For men it mostly consists of drug use and hookers.

This

It really isn't anything life changing or sets you into a higher spiritual plane like it's made to seem, unless I imagine you're so intellectually bereft that it jerks you out of your thought patterns and you experience some kind of ego death that way - as if you were a roastie

Ah yes. You see, there is a difference, between travelling and tourism. Tourism is what you speak of. It is empty, hollow, lacking in meaning. Tourism is an industry. Crank the people in, sift through their pockets, send them on their way with bits'n'bobs as the local culture is slowly eroded to make way and accommodate this industry. Travelling is something different entirely. You are taking the time to learn about and understand the differences in a culture. This will involve learning a different language in order to truly appreciate. Don't travel to another English speaking nation if it's your first language. You'll assume that you share the same nuances in your language that you do with yoiur native people and it will cause headbutting with the locals. I've found that many people will be very kind and helpful if you're genuine in your attempts to understand their culture and language. It will be frustrating, embarrassing, and difficult. But if done correctly, you will have a deeper understanding of what it means to b human.

I’ve been to over a third of the world’s countries.

Do it And get it over and done with in one hit and then get back to starting a career and raising a family.

You will find that everything posted here is true but it’s much better to see it I’m real life while fucking chicks every night rather than learn about it shitposting in your moms basement.

try it you filthy nip. Y'all niggas dont ever leave your fucking basement

It's nice to travel because you learn things that are hard to learn without the experience. I'm lucky I live in NYC so I can go to china town to experience how xenophobic chinks are, I can go to Washington Heights to experience how us hispanics make life hell for everyone else or I can go to a black neighborhood to die.

I can vouch for that. From the Midwest and traveled to the West coast for half a year. Loved the nightlife hated the work opportunities

Depends on what your goal is.

I am an urban designer/architect, and when I travel in Europe I walk the streets of old medieval towns and marvel at the organic, maze-like yet intuitive layout of the streets. When I go to singapore, korea, and japan I marvel at what central planning can achieve when done right. Old soviet nations show how architecture can be oppressive and dehumanizing. When am in America I am astonished by the diversity of city...from old New England towns to car cities like Houston or Dallas.

Looking at pictures and maps simple does not do it justice. In my work you need to understand how a city feels to be in. Travel is essential

Depends on the country you go to, your state of mind, awareness of its history and culture, experiences you have, people you meet. If you go in like a retard, expect a dull experience.

well it's the only world you'll ever get to see in your lifetime so why wouldn't you?

Travelling is just fun consumerism, nothing wrong with that.

When Adam and Eve were expelled from Paradise, every man was condemned to wander the Earth forever.

Sam Hyde already covered this

People who travel all the time are basically children that dont wsnt to grow up or work for a living, or ever produce something of value for society

If a woman ever says she travels, immediatly cut that off. That is code word for " i want to have no responsibility and fuck lots of men"

Traveling was only cool when you got to plunder and rape when you got there.

traveling to accomplish things is great

traveling to escape your shit liberal fucked up life and subsidising it by dealing week to other tourists is a fucking joke. this is what most travel bums you meet do

Take it from me, there's nothing out there except communists, kikes and shitskins.

All things that are good and true are right there, in heartland America (not including the cities)

>People who travel all the time
Thats a really big generalization.

millennials spend three days following a tour guide around so they can brag on facebook about being "cultured"

its a joke

Sam Hyde now works in a coffee shop too. Working into the grave on a 40 hour working week is a fucking meme and far detached from how people are meant to live.

Nothing inherently wrong with it, but it's bougie as fuck when 20something trust fund kids do it and pretend like it's some life-changing experience.

> you learn things that are hard to learn without the experience

Such as?

When a girl says that I know she's been fucked good.

This.

yes that's what I mean it's definitely a meme and people attempt to use it for status or signaling or whatever but if someone told me they traveled a lot, even more than me, I would just say "cool"

when I hear girls say "I want to travel the whole world omg" I take that as a flag that she probably hasn't done that much actual traveling before.

Sam gets it right.

Right; all summed up by: are you doing it for the right reasons.

If it's because you want to fill your hole, that's about as superficial as it can get. If you have a vested interest in it; it will be more meaningful to you

Honestly go with your gut. If a girl tells you how "life changing" it was, just ask a couple of "oh whys that?" Style questions to have her elaborate. If she can't think of anything not cliched she did it for Instagram likes. Get people's experience in traveling to see if it matches your motivations and expectations

Roasties only expectations are derived from the external, they lack hardly any conscientiousness

Traveling is amazing, if you actually make an effort to learn about the cultures you're visiting or living in.

It's also part of the Western tradition, where noble elites would go on The Grand Tour to connect with the West's historical foundations.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is autistic.

rightwingnews.com/human-interest/woman-saves-30000-8-months-eating-trash-allowing-travel-world/

It's how the CHB's get their message out.

You're completely right about that. There's a huge difference between people who like to travel because they're truly interested in seeing the world and people who "love traveling" just to post pics and brag on social media about how worldly and enlightened they are.

It just comes down to preference though. Would you rather spend your money on material items like a nice car, fix up your house, cool technology, etc. or would you rather spend it on experiences? It's all still consumerism, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

people who love "traveling" are always dull shits

living outside of canada (in europe) for a while has made me a race realist compared to my fellow millennial canadians who many are outspoken self hating whites.

I think summed it up well.

It shows you how shitty 3rd world countries are AMD how all those brown bastards are taking over the USA quickly making us a shit hole like where they came from. in Peru there are rich white people and really brown people who are dirt poor thieves. but anywhere in South America they will take your stuff even if it's bolted down.

True.

I liked going to central Europe mainly Austria and seeing how fucked Italy is (comparable to the UK).

it does change your life if you grew up as a suburban/urban spoiled kid.

as shitty as paris is becoming its probably safer than any comparable size American city

Hmm, yeah I haven't traveled to or around Europe yet. Honestly it's kinda overwhelming in its density and size. And I wouldn't want to do the tourist thing of going up the cities for a few days and stuff.

Traveling is only a part of gaining actual world knowledge. The true pill (pick a color) comes by how one chooses to experience the world. Though, I guess the same goes for how one lives at home.

Whenever I travel, I go to local pubs, restaurants, etc, and I talk to the locals... if they speak the same language. I drink local beer, dine on local cuisine. Hostels are cool because you'll meet other travelers and everyone can trade tales of their adventures.

Usually it's liberals who have never left their home country and they just believe whatever they wanna believe when they watch tv or talk to their friends whom have never left their little bubble.

For instance, the migrants being complete fucking savages.... put a liberal in a boiling shitpot in Europe, if they get robbed/etc, all the better, and see if their shit opinion changes.

Travelling the world made me love my country even more.

Anyone else never leave their state?

Yeah, bretty good.

Made me realize as fucked as America is, it's home.

You don't notice culture until it's gone, and doing simple things like ordering food, talking to strangers in strange lands feels so alien.

Solo travel away from big hotels and tourism is an aristocratic venture and a lesson in self-actualisation.

It's kind of a meme. "Ohmigod you HAVE to visit this shitty basement pub in the Czech Republic whose name and location you will never remember!" And yes sometimes it's an excuse to be a roastie or fuck ladyboys.
However: There are truly enjoyable things to do and things to see outside of one's own country. Maybe you can witness Europe before it utterly falls to Islamic barbarism. See the cathedrals, countryside, monuments, things like that. Learning other languages is a very enjoyable and rewarding skill.
If I never left Canada, then I'd never ever be able to experience tropical beaches. For a long time I was afraid of leaving my country because of unfamiliar territory or not knowing the language. I've since been to USA and Mexico and enjoyed the experiences immensely.

depends on how you do it. I learned a fuckton and figured out who I am and what I want to do via hitchhiking around the united states for a couple of years, and I got paid to do it via busking and flying signs. learn a lot about how the world works and interaction with all different types of people, from millionaires to crackheads. now I have literally no urge to travel past looking for a place to relax in a certain mood because there's nothing I feel I have to learn or experience.

going around the aisles of tourism dumping bucks is something else entirely.

protip: if you're taking pictures, your goal in traveling might lay outside of building your experience and knowledge and more within the realm of seeking attention and emotional affirmation.

Will it change my life if I'm a rural and suburban retard?

It's a meme for retards and womans

Traveling is fine, sex tourism and cultural appropriation is degenerate though.

It's pretty fun and a great way to experience different ways of living. Gives you an appreciation for what humans are capable of doing around the world when left to their own devices.

I'm obsessed with history so going to Europe is like crack.

If you learn enough of the language to speak with the locals it's a lot more gratifying.

Also, if you spend awhile in Rome and Florence you'll get a good idea of where it all started.

it all "started" in mesopotamia, not rome.

>Be me
>Have good job, healthy bank account
>Travel to every continent, see 40 countries
>Get new job, travel to 20 more countries I've never been to
>Work buys me round the world ticket, stop on every continent
>Realize everyone is the fucking same
>Realize everyone just wants name brand clothing and to stuff their face into their phone
>Have airline mileage account good enough for at least 5 first class r/t tickets anywhere in the world

Only place I like to go now is Sup Forums

yes

The majority of American travellers i've met in Europe have been very liberal. The most liberal ones are always the ones who come to take selfies at tourist sites and end up eating at McDonalds at the end of the day. Young American travellers are truly a plague in Europe.

If you want a tropical getaway and great food go to Phuket, Thailand. I went with a group of 5 friends, best time of my life. The best meals, the ones you get from the market and vendors, all cost less than $2 and huge beers cost $2-$3. The people know enough English because you are in a semi touristy area and it's surprisingly crime-free. I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I'm going back with my girlfriend and another couple.

Cant be worse than shitskins though

>Realize everyone just wants name brand clothing and to stuff their face into their phone
sounds to me like you stayed on the tourist track. you don't even have to leave the country to experience some people living a different lifestyle. go hang around the woods near statesville NC or lolo pass montana and see how they're living.

So are you going to hunt with the leather man tool?

>florence
i guess he means the modern era
anyway if you want to understand history of the west, visit churches

uh, I travelled all over the world. every continent except Antarctica
first take away, it's smaller than you'd think, and the oceans are bigger than you think.
it gets repetitive. human creation is especially repetitive, but even if you see too many of nature's miracles they stop being miracles. Maybe I was wrong in my youth to perceive humanity as greater than it is, too- but our accomplishments are actually depressingly small.

bonus, I've physically verified that the world is round. ha. Flat earthers are stupid.

my travelling is why I'm on Sup Forums now I think. After I was done with my 'legendary' world travelling of 'I can get hit with a bus now and die with no regrets', I first was all cocky and thought I'd settle in Hawaii. I was there less than a week before I said fuck this and finally returned to the continental United States.

With all the memories of everyplace I'd been tumbling around in my head I went on a big tour of the states, looking for childhood nostalgia of big american summer skies or something. When I was finished I crawled into this cheap cooler ground level apartment in no-place-important midwest with the bugs and threw away all my work experience for brainless night time janitorial work.

Now I just survive. Just breath and eat and shit and work. I've got no problem getting hit by a bus and dying now, but it isn't the kind of satisfaction that I thought it was going to be. When I close my eyes and go to sleep I send myself back in my mind to the mountains. Almost all mountains had this special quality of clarity to the air. Then I try my best to abandon all thought and memory. I imagine scrubbing my brain of all memory and the feeling that I know what's behind every rock, until I'm just floating in a big empty colorless void, and then I pretend my body just withers away into the void.

True well Western civilization started in Greece, but Rome is super foundational, and in a much more direct way than Ancient Greece, which had more of an intellectual foundation. Rome literally imposed the West and its norms through Empire, and eventually Christianity too.

They are more dangerous than shitskins. There are a lot of young americans teaching English in Europe preaching their SJW gospel to young Europeans. Before we kick out kebab Americans need to go.

>not knowing how to weave your own bags from tall grass or how to clean leather and procure fibrous thread
>not knowing how to create water containers from elderberry or bamboo
>not knowing how to knap and needing metal tools
>needing papers to cross borders
doing it wrong

>"Thy love abroad is spite at home."
-Emerson

Women do it because she wants to be associated with money, status and contradicting societal values that she can recant to ignore any single tradition that tries to "control" her. And she can do it on a shoestring while always subtly suggesting she deserves a richer man who respects "culture" (read: allows her access to more dick). It is mainly for novelty addicts.

>Sam Hyde works in a coffee shop

wut

>A fucking leaf

desu I don't want a tropical get away at all. I live on the west coast and I have been to florida (possibly hell on earth) and hawaii (nicely tropical),

I want to see some cool historical imperial shit in Japan I wasn't just hopping on OPs balls that is literally one place I would like to travel if I were to ever leave my country one last time

>get motorcycle
>learn to ride competently
>ride it around your country solo
>indulge in wilderness and solitude
>there is plenty to see out there user

>If a girl tells you how "life changing" it was
That's code for getting fucked senseless by some bloke she'll never see again

Well it's pretty neat to see how people live and what their culture is like. You can't really understand that just by watching a documentary or reading about it, you have to experience it. I'm of the opinion that once you do experience those things it helps you better understand others and how they think and act.

Yep, some anons were posting where he works now. Since the Adult Swim fiasco he's all fucked up and has become what he always hated.

I grew up with a mother who worked for an airline so I got free flights from 18 - 23. I went to Japan and Europe and all over US if anybody wants to hear some stories.
The best part of traveling is the history of each place and unique experiences but if you are traveling to find yourself and spending thousands of dollars on it your an idiot. I travelled the world alone and never spent more than 200 in each place.

Nothing wrong with traveling and seeing the world.
The problem is that women are so fucking self-absorbed and narcissistic, that they make it all about themselves. They don't give a fuck about the places they go. They just want to show the world that they were there, and tell everyone how spiritual it was.

The only people I have ever known to travel in a worthwhile manner, and grow as a result of it, were people who were already self-aware and confident to begin with.

The rest have just been middle class flakes either directly spending or otherwise secure in the safety net of daddy's money getting drunk in exotic locales and at most throwing up on the architecture of Europe. Just a fun distraction to stamp onto their digital passport of their life's wonderful, false narrative.

Traveling to find yourself is like pouring one empty glass into another. If there wasn't any subtance to begin with, a change of scenery isn't going to make a difference.

>red pill me on X
>x = travelling
dirty basement dweller, travel and learn

this

Kek. This.

... and this.

greece civilization directly descends from mesopotamian civilization. no mesopotamia, no western civilization. the lines we draw in this instance are arbitrary, the only hard and true alternative source of civilization is the YRV in china.

I don't really care all that much how people want to think, I just like talking about it. I definitely consider mesopotamia the source of a few branches of civilization including western, the same that I consider the wealth and structure of rome to have branched into the HRE and byzantines, even though both nations are pretty different.

I feel compelled to continue travelling because of this. What is there in the Untied States for me? Every job I ever had in the USA was literal slave tier. At least in other countries that arn't lifeless shitholes yet I can still have a somewhat respectable life.

Sounds haunting

It seems like you've found peace through ceasing the journey. Are you bitter? Is there anything to look forward to?