I've been toying with the idea of buying a Bugout Bag sometime soon. What's there to know, and what's the best shop...

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Bugout Bag sometime soon. What's there to know, and what's the best shop? I know Infowars sells that kinda shit but unless someone shows me otherwise I'm not interested.

Looked at these guys, for instance:echo-sigma.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

lapolicegear.com
cheaperthandirt.com
natchezss.com
rangerjoes.com
darkknightarmoury.com
kultofathena.com
youtu.be/ZUQhs-UzYgU
echo-sigma.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jesus, couldn't you subdue the flag asshole.

Bug out to where? Stop larping mad max end of the world scenarios. Anyway go to /k/ or /out for that.

Bug-out bags are fantasy escapism. Where are you going to "bug out" to? You need to have a plan and then buy to accomodate that. If you're asking other people what you need then you're buying toys, not survival gear.

get shelter, water purification, food, and a sleep system, then build your bag around that.

also, this isn't really Sup Forums related. Take it to >>>k or >>>out

ask /k

There is a company that sells a bag already filled with shit for like $150, Chris Green from AMTV was shilling it around christmas time.

being a little prepared is better than not being prepared at all

>Bugout Bag
Meme tier unless you live in a city or around a city.

If you want a quick and cheap BOB just buy a burlap sack and get a rope, put in med supplies, food, and water. You're better off making your own than buying "professional" tier ones.

You're also better of asking /k/.

it wont do any good unless you actually know how to survive off the land, which im guessing by your flag and the fast foodbags littering your disgusting computer desk you havent got a clue

>buying a bugout bag from
Infowars

BONE BROTH

Stock photo I grabbed off Google to start the thread. Though I am former military.

Get some shit from infowars like the electrolyte supplement (unless there is fruit and salt available al year round) then tailor another product to your age from the infowars store.

Then go to /k/ and ask same question there. I have a bunch of different camping gear I could use for different circumstance.

You'll need the first few volumes of Inuyasha manga.

Nothing's going to keep you going like wondering how much longer it's going to go on.

is that a .308 AR? mag looks a little bigger

Amazon is great. Just mimick the countless lists online and add or subtract based on your climate. Local animal knowledge and edible plants and mushrooms is also key.

This, and get a bag that doesn't scream military or survival at the top of its lungs. All that molle shit just adds weight, and draws attention. Just get a plain looking bag with subdued colors and no reflectors. You want to blend in as much as possible while your trying to get out.

ask k and out like he said

And then actually try fucking using it in your intended location.

t. did some casual backpacking, you want to find out what it's like in practice first

I'm going to dump some bug out type shit then I'm outa here

Exactly. The skills are far more important than the content of your bag. Rather be a skilled outfag with a survival knife than a noob with a full pack.

you should probably be thinking more about a bugout trailer.

i'd rather retards die off

lapolicegear.com

cheaperthandirt.com

natchezss.com

rangerjoes.com

darkknightarmoury.com

kultofathena.com

Then you have to build a 6 demon bag.

find a local survival shop. That's what I did. I already knew what I wanted in general, but they had a lot to look at. Better than buying online because you can hold shit in your hand. Plus it supports a local small business

Fucking baby wipes, essential

I wouldn't recommend my local army surplus shop, even if they're super friendly and helpful about things. But they do have some neat bits and pieces I carry daily even in the trunk of my car or the backpack I bring to work every day.

may not be a real story but some interesting info either way, antibiotics... fish antibiotics are the same as human ones

No, it only looks bigger because the barrel is short.

Do you wish for shtf? This may be why. Over and out

War doggie =Warlord status.

why the fuck would you namedrop? just list the fucking requirements and ideas on how to fill those requirements.

You only need it in an urban environment, and even then only if you're a retard don't leave the minute you hear that freight trucks won't come anymore.

If you're not an urbanite, you should organize with your community to barricade the highways and defend your neighbors from the inevitable rapacious swarm of hungry niggers, instead of running into the woods like a coward.

>tfw used to live on the end of a little rowhouse street
>private road
>maybe 400' long

Would have been so easy to barricade. Urban suburbia not so much, and so many of them are Jews I might be the only one within 5 houses with a gun.

What optics are you running?

former military and youre asking what kind of bug out bag u should buy rather than already knowing what you would need???

If you're former military, why the fuck are you asking a bunch of civilians?

You ought to know what basics you need for survival.

Fucking hivemind

Like this!
youtu.be/ZUQhs-UzYgU

You're posting as if you live in an urban area, but have at least an ounce of sense. And you moved there from a decent place.
I'm curious, what drove you to move into a kikehive?

>>>/put/

still drunk
>>/out/

kek

Crazy landlord. After all I did to help improve the area, I had to jump ship at last minute's notice.

New land lord is cool though and I'm developing connections. At least shit will break out somewhere else first, I'm pretty much in a hidden lair. I'm a little worried about having a neighbor that called 911 one time because I had left my car parked with one of the wheels on the curb to be honest though. Who does that?

No joke, I was in Junior High during the King riots and my dad shook his head saying that the zipperheads were the most American people left in LA.

>Who does that?
Stay at home busybodies, and Jews.

Neat part is the ticket indicated exactly who it was so I know who I'm not taking any chances for. What an idiot.

interesting, especially the emphasis on groups and families (the larger family the better)

luckily I inherited my grandfather land. after WW2 he fell for the cold war meme and built and underground bunker on the property. instead of bugging out, I will bobby trap my property and bug in if shtf.

Cop/security did you a favor and he didn't have to.
If you're in a gated community and it was a security guy, buy him a coffee.

Your best bet would be to coast gun shows and army surplus stores. The rest can be filled in with a quick trip to Bass Pro or some similar outdoor supply store.

Make sure to pack a small fishing kit, a roll of twine, a roll of duct tape, 100 antibiotic tablets, water filtration, a side-arm and a rifle or smg(preferably with the side and primary in the same caliber for efficiency of packing), 200 rounds of ammo, and a few buckets of dehydrated food(can find on amazon).

also a small propane stove, extra propane, and a few dozen plastic lighters(these make good trade items and don't take up alot of space). A good camp knife, hatchet, and machete, with a whet stone(learn how to use it) to sharpen them with.

Not a bag, but it can be carried and used to set up hard shelter somewhere outside of the major population centers. Shouldn't cost more than $1500 USD.

Happy hunting there camper.

>looking at these guys

fuck that OP just get some bottled water, some nonperishable food, a few other basic things and stuff them in a cheap backpack
having those things on-hand will be 10x more relevant and useful than pissing away money on some 1000 cordura tactical bullshit
hell you can waterproof your own pack cheaply
there are other options like a damn ALICE pack with or without the frame, old or new that are much better buys
those pro packs cater to gear faggots with too much money on their hands

nice carabiners, what is the kN rating?

Not a gated community, but the cops here are honestly pretty cool. One of the reasons I like it here even though I'll wind up dead/looted if shtf for too long.

>trade items
>implying I wouldnt kill you and steal your shit for trusting me

You need to find one that fits your body type comfortably.

Do not forget a great medical kit. Foot repair, and stomach over the counter meds

It stays in your vehicle at all times, and includes a pistol.

Keep a record/photos of all you purchases in the event it is stolen.

If you're going to kill me for anything, it will be for the guns and ammo, not some lighters. I'm not talking trade with strangers.

I live in a place that's on a shortlist for nukes. Why bother getting a bugout bag?

the perfect bug out bag for you OP would be to zip yourself up in a sleeping bag and hop your ass off a cliff

>bottled water
Good idea, but shit's heavy beyond a quick drink when shit gets rough.

I might light to suggest one of many portable water filters, perhaps one built in to a sports bottle even, so you can get more water wherever you might find it. If you try backpacking, you'll soon discover that you chose your routes based on access to water.

Because food and clean water are overrated....

This questions belongs in /k/ in /gq/, or in /out/.

saged

Why are we bugging out?

>he doesn't already have a bugout bag

>bleach comes in bottles drink some it increases your bugout powers

This thread makes me damn glad I have enough storable food to survive a year. I can hunt, and can take care of my child. Good luck in the event of food trucks not coming....

Where are the men?

the vicious hounds are attack

It doesn't take an outright poisonous amount of bleach to keep your stored water from spoiling. That's not the best option but it's better than drinking spoiled water.

>I might light to suggest one of many portable water filters, perhaps one built in to a sports bottle even

yeah I'd say that if you were going to spend money spend it on a nice water purifier rather than a very high-end pack
even MREs and many other "survival" foods are overpriced for what they get you

don't worry they say communism gives handouts to poor. Just feel bad for the rich people.

food truck comes all the time the schwann's man stops with ice cream

>echo-sigma.com/
Nice bait to promote your (((company))) douched bag! Saged!

BTFO by a female who can shoot a .308 like a champ.

Good luck.....if there is an 'event' like our grid 'failing.'

Just grab your shit and git the moment you hear anything about trucks not coming for three days or more. Just in case that news is right.
Once the ramifications of a three-day shipping delay are realized, there will be door-to-door looting by midnight.

I've found my water bottles to be very useful just on lazy family vacations where people underestimate hydration needs. Plus when they still don't figure it out, you can be the one carrying 6gal of water on your back because you know they're being dumb, refill it all any time you please, and you can just dump it in to the filter bottle as needed.

And as for MREs when I was in college my friends bought a box of those and maybe made it 1/10 of the way through before dropping it like more of a rock than I assume their shits were. But I guess maybe they're reasonable as a last resort to keep going per military thinking.

does this work to?

What use is the bag without a goal in mind?

I have enough supplies at my residence to let me survive in place for a couple of months; but on one tank of gas, I can reach some property I own that looks like an abandoned failed ranch. It took a lot of effort to keep it looking that way.

I've got a couple of years worth of supplies there, and the whole thing is set up so that you can't tell there is anything of value there from the road.

For my bugout kit; I just have enough supplies to make it there on foot if I have to; and enough stabilized gas in cans to go twice the distance to the "ranch" if I am going to drive.

Let me guess.. Israeli Army right?

I have radios for further information, but basically my main plan is to shelter in place. Fortunately I have only one door and I'll be doing the shooting until hopefully the initial crisis is put down.

That's just the reality of my location. I can weather out about a year as long as things don't go mad max.

No, that won't get you clean water.

>Good luck in the event of food trucks not coming....
>Where are the men?

Remember hurricane Sandy that hit New York City and the eastern coast several years ago? There are people in urban areas that don't even have a pantry.
They grocery shop every day, or other day after work and don't have any food stocked up.
I grew up in a big family so even though we were suburban we always had several days worth of food easily and a portable generator to keep the freezer/fridge cool. Not prepared by any realistic measure but there are people that will be lost within 18 hours.

Most people fill them full of camping supplies and food..... they are really building refugee bags. I suppose it will help keep them comfortable for those few days/weeks before they get rounded up/give up and end up in the refugee camp.

I worked in Baltimore (unfortunately) for six months. After that enlightening experience I stocked up, and practice at the range every weekend. It would take less than 24 hours for a state to look like Baltimore x10 without power.

I have enough of that inside my house. Again, what's the point of a bugout bag when I'm in an area that would be in the first 50 targeted nukes? Unless someone can enlighten me as to a different reason you would abandon your shelter with nothing but a small backpack of supplies? Flooding? Hurricanes? Doesn't happen where I live. Sheltering in place is superior in most circumstances. It's more realistic to have a bugout closet in your house that you keep fresh water, water filtration systems, canned or preserved food, and other medical supplies. Keep your guns and ammo ready of course, monitor every point of entry. Anyone with children under 12 or a wife probably can't realistically "bugout" either. Not that applies to anyone here.

A tablespoon of bleach in five gallons of water won't hurt you if used as a temporary measure until you get proper purification.
Unlike the Giardia, Cholera and Typhoid that the bleach kills. That shit will mess you up right now, for sure, if you drink it once.

Sandy was pretty impressive. I had multiple sources sending me day to day reports. I know the area a bit but I was honestly surprised at how well it held together.

Baltimore? Yeah, nah. Just driving through that place before they all wake up makes me uncomfortable.

>rangerjoes.com
Came here to post this

Thanks for the ratio reminder. Good idea to write this stuff down.

And don't forget what happened after Katrina, how important bleach and other cleaning supplies were to try to maintain sanitation.

Sheltering in place may not be an option for some. I only carry one in the event I am far from home in the event of the unexpected happening.

It's enough to get by for a few days, and includes a pistol, of course.

Obviously there in no preparing for nukes.

>Only one door
What happens when they literally smoke you out?
Sheltering in place is for natural disasters, not for enemies that can think.

This is probably the most likely situation I think. It won't be like a Mad Max movie, it will be like living in a third world country with no way of knowing when life will stop sucking and go back to normal again. I've been meaning to get Fernando Ferfal Aguirre's economic collapse in Argentina book too. It describes more things like this, though the Bosnia experience sounds worse.

A bugout bag is really just a temporary thing to get you from point A to point B, wherever your second location is that has food, water, etc. If you don't have to leave, the better option is to bug in where you've already got shelter, water, and food. Still, you should be ready for either situation.

Oh boy, I can attest to this. I had been trying to convince my family to keep a well-stocked pantry before Sandy hit, and they still haven't fully gotten on board, but they now keep more than they used to.
>It can't happen here! You're paranoid if you think you should be prepared should things ever go wrong!

Don't listen to this faggot
Get some iodine if you absolutely need to purify water temporarily.

It somebody comes to smoke me out I'm probably done, but I can go up three stories if I need to (don't tell anybody) and get a better firing position.

Seriously what the fuck is going to happen if there are dead bodies everywhere? That's the bigger problem. I've got a shovel but god damn that's hard work and it would take backhoes.

Fortunately I don't have to worry much about natural disasters where I'm at. That's a load off my mind for sure.

I mentioned bleach because you can use it for more than your drinking water. I can build a solar still if you want, or something out of clay and rocks, but I'd rather more about having a stash of bleach before some proper iodine.

If the place you live in is so shitty that you need a bug out bag start relocating to a better place. Otherwise you're better knowing your neighbors and your community, having some food, batteries etc.. WTF will you do with your bug out bag with no roof over your head? Seriously all this shit reeks of guys that have never been /out/ and think being in the open is all cute and squirrels because muh BOB. It's good business selling crap to keyboard operators LARPers though I guess.

I hope you carry everyday as well. More likely to encounter a wild pack of niggers than a happening.