What does Sup Forums think of modern art? Is it degenarate?

What does Sup Forums think of modern art? Is it degenarate?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs
archive.is/aAZEW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It has to be a money laundering scheme. Nobody could look at one of those paintings where the "artists" swallowed a bunch of paunch and threw up and hang it on their wall instead of Monarch of the glen.

>It has to be a money laundering scheme
it is just like drug dealing and human trafficking
theguardian.com/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs

Always archive those
archive.is/aAZEW

i feel it's just a bunch of rich trolls laundering money while degrading our mind into thinking that this shit is acceptable. The sad part is that some idiots actually believe this is art and support this garbage.

i would buy that Hitler painting for over a billion dollars if i was a rich. There is nothing quiet like it in the world. Such peacefulness behind insurmountable destruction.

Yes. It's a scam anyway. It's an excuse for talentless hacks to sell complete tripe for big money. Anyone who thinks otherwise ought to remember the childrens story about the emperor's new clothes. I pity the poor fools who get taken in by this garbage.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything isn't art at all

Here in Denmarkistan (formerly known as Denmark) we have an artist who took a can of tomatoes, opened it and took a shit in it and called it art, some 40-50 years later of standing in an enclosed display rotting away the fucking can starts leaking and the assholes running the "art museum" have their people try to patch it up but then the artist hears of this and shits the bed screaming how they ruined his "art piece" and so sues the museum and wins the case and gets his 263.000(?) DKK which converted into USD is about 40.000 dollars.
What is art you ask?? art is fucking dead but in a perfect world where we wouldn't have freaks and retards ruining everything decent and classy it would be paintings, sculptures/statues and the like.
Although I wouldn't mind it one bit if someone started to kill piece of shit muzzy rats, niggers and other non-white motherfucking trashbags and made it into an 'art form' somehow.

yeah it's degenerate but tbqh uncle a wasn't much of an artist. well, teamed up with speer he was an architectural visionairy, but as a painter.. not much.

Yes to an extent. I went to college for art for 1 semester before realizing there is no standard for judging modern art, so it becomes a race to the bottom of what's raunchiest.

>3D design sculpture project
>Spent 100 hours in 2 weeks making my sculpture. (had other classes and a job in addition to this)
>Took forever because depending on which way it was turned it would display a different pattern of shadows on the wall when you shone light through it.
>My friend made his look like a dick and painted it brown, called it poopdick
>I got a C, teacher said it was "overworked"
>Roommate got an A+ "powerful social commentary"
>I sold mine to another kid in the class for $100
>Walking back to our dorm, my friend and I kicked his sculpture down the sidewalk until it was in pieces. Because he didn't give a shit about it.

If the modern art crowd wanted to see ass holes in their art galleries, why didn't they just install mirrors on all the walls?

There is a standard, it's called employability.
There is a massive demand for artists in gaming, web design, advertising etc.

You need some technical skills for using software, the ability to draw consistent good quality art, and being adaptable in styles.

Most artists are employed this way, not the small minority that angles for the edgy postmodern museum actions.

Art is art, nothing else.

Yeah, I agree with you for applied arts, but for fine arts (like OPs pic) that doesn't have any explicit use, I think the standards have eroded away.

All of my friends from that time that majored in applied arts are employed and doing fine. All those that majored in fine arts are barely making ends meet.

I got into engineering and that was probably a better fit in the long run. I still get to be creative, but there are defined goals now.

Hey goyim don't be ignorant and bigoted, there is no one standart for artistic beauty, it's all relative it's about an expression, your just not intellegent enough to understand it goyim
-Every half-baked, left-wing pseudo-intellectual i've met in my life

Browsing Internet sometimes I feel like those people read from same manual.

Yup fuck art it's just liberal dipshits who think literally anything they display is art and has deep meaning.

I know there are employable artists out there in actual work fields doing work but this shit is beyond terrible. I wish I could paint fantastic mountain ranges, coasts, environmental shit but I just dont have the talent.

I remember every cunt took photography in high school took pictures of a swing in gray-scale calling it art. They were "photographers" even though the photographs never had any thought to them.

Come again?

Art used to be about beauty, now it's just about expression, now everything can be called art, even close-up of "butt holes" like OP's pic

true art

Abstract Pepe worth $2 billion bitshekel.

You're absolutely right. Smug pieces of shit. I have to work with idiots like that from time to time. They always complain why nobody is going to their shitty museum but exhibit "art" that consits of literally two strokes of paint on an otherwise empty canvas. Imagine a room full of this shit. Only people with the capability of tricking themselves into being elite and smarter than others would like that.

>Art is art, nothing else.
stfu with this cringe
worse that nails on a chalkboard

Modern art is a psy op of the globalists. It is designed to degrade humanity. With abstract art is only understandable when given anothers interpretation. That is you're taught how to think.

I think it rules. People really tend to get a skewed view of what modern and Postmodern art is because the most ridiculous, controversial, and often worst pieces get the most headlines or quickly turn into memes.
It's a real shame too.
Abstract art interpretation varies wildly, a lot of it still has to do with references to other, earlier pieces of work and what the peice may be trying to echo or enhance. Other means are also through understanding the works context, trying to understand how the medium of the work, how it's presented in its museum or original showing, etc; it's pretty complicated man. You're given general, contested, interpretive tools, rather than any single answer.

Obviously, yes, most of it is degenerate. When it comes to painting, anything acclaimed after around 1930 is completely worthless. After that, everything went meta and they just went deeper into relativism. Walking through any major art museum illustrates this. You can see a very clear progression from the end of the middle ages up until the 19th century, then things start to get out of order. Artists like Monet and Van Gogh started going outside the box, but did not depart entirely. Then you move into the era of Picasso and Dali and still, you see experimentation with the traditional artistic ideas of shape, line., etc. Once you get into the Jackson Pollack types, you get into the territory of "only somebody with an art degree could find this interesting." Once all the old measures of art had been sufficiently torn down, you get this kind of bullshit where somebody paints a canvas with two shades of blue split horizontally and calls it art.

Because it is a way to launder money.

bump. I think it's pretty sick