How do you argue against boomers who claim you're lazy and entitled because you buy a 100$ smartphone instead of saving...

How do you argue against boomers who claim you're lazy and entitled because you buy a 100$ smartphone instead of saving for a house?

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/us/201501181013507229/
presstv.ir/Detail/2016/12/29/504010/US-Navy-Tomahawk-cruise-missile-Rytheon
youtube.com/watch?v=5bRXIPk0e3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You need 55 months to 60 months as a doctor, in my country, to save up for an apartment, not even a house. This is assuming you dont eat shit drink or piss and live on the street. How long did it take before?

>House in 1977: $34500 (today's money: $140000)
>House in 2017: $645000 (in 1977 that would be $160000 for a house!)

Money is worth roughly four times more in their minds than in the real world. They hear $100, remember it's value ($400), and consider that value against what they'd have bought at their age (probably a whole car). Therefore what you spend money on is stupid but it's important for me to buy empty photo frames and readers digest magazines - they said I'm in the running to win a prize!

Because boomers flooded our countries with violent mestizos so they could have cheaper lawnmowing, and now are threatening to bankrupt the country via Social Security/Medicare.

Everything wrong in this country can be traced back to the Boomers. They took the most powerful, prosperous nation on Earth and ran it into the ground so they could feel good while they strip-mined it for the sake of personal comfort.

Fuck Boomers.

FYI: a down-payment is going to be about two orders of magnitude more than an $100 smartphone.

Who cares what the boomers think. The worst generation by far. They threw everything away.

95% of the boomers should be shot t b h.

no, user, the boomers didn't do that, the corrupt plutocrats who own the government did

why bitch about medicare and social security (literal safety nets for the most vulnerable among us) when we spend trillions on bombs to maintain military superiority. we could be living in a world of abundance if we cut the military budget by even 20%

I don't, my parents admitted how much easier they had it than me financially.

Considering they are running most of the west into the dirt thanks to social security, its about the only way to end the robbery and send a message to future generations.

Rob the youth of their future. Get killed.

Won't happen tho. They will live the rest of their lives pretending they aren't the greatest traitors the west has ever seen.

That 100 dollar phone price will be 3600 dollars thanks to inflation from having to pay for all those future pensions. They'll go from not being able to afford a house to not being able to afford a phone to not being able to afford food. This was all planned when the monetary system was replaced with a debt fueled pyramid scheme.

Tell them their house price is inflated by a phony economy driven by a printing press, some paper, and ink. They have no friendships or meaningful relationships because their lives are all about creating scarcity for others so they can get off by feeling smugness toward others. If their parents were the greatest generation, they are the selfish generation. Their only accomplishment was bankrupting the US with their insatiable greed.

This is just a dumb meme. Human living standards and opportunities have never been higher ever in human history. There are pretty much no wars and things are rather stable and chances of a new war is low.

If anyone is enjoying the boomers work, it will be the generation currently living. It's the next one who can complain on us, if we don't use this time for something good.

Boomers are also not SJW/PC and are rather traditional and nationalistic. AKA what Sup Forums likes.

If anything is fucking up this generation, it's degenerate american culture.

Let's assume you put that $100 in the bank that month instead of spending it on a phone. Now lets assume you have $100 to spend or save a month. In Melbourne, Australia the median house price is $843,674. To save up the 5% deposit required by the banks to get a loan you would need to save $42,183. It would take 35 years for you to even get the deposit together to get a loan.

Fuck boomers.

>why bitch about medicare and social security (literal safety nets for the most vulnerable among us) when we spend trillions on bombs to maintain military superiority.

Because we spend $900 billion on Boomer Gibs and $1.4 trillion on Medicare/Medicad compared to a paltry $600 billion on bombing brown people.

The problem is in our wars we're not actually taking resources and pillaging to enrich our country which is your right as a conqueror.

My parents are a joke.
>Sorry sweetie we cant afford to help you or your sister buy a home i hope you understand we just dont have the money to be able to even help a little bit.
>Next week pays a guy 20,000$ to redo patio in yard which ends up almost the same as previous patio.

The US spends more on defence than all the other countries on the planet combined.
Controlling an empire is costly in terms of blood and treasure

Incorrect.
The US is profiting ENORMOUSLY from the wars it is creating and fighting.
YOU _ might not be seeing and others $$$$$$$
but be absolutely assured the wars the US is engaging today, tonight, a hugely hugely profitable.

$40 Billion Spent on Failed Missile System; Paper Sues to Find Out How, Why

The Los Angeles Times newspaper wants to know how much the Pentagon paid contractors for a missile system that doesn’t appear to work, and they’re suing the Defense Department to try to find out why.

The lawsuit claims that Defense officials blocked the paper’s request for information on payments to contractors working on the Midcourse Defense System (GMD), which include military giants Northrop Grumman and Raytheon. Defense officials say they can’t release that information because it includes sensitive financial data and trade secrets, but the paper says they’re asking for payment disbursements not state secrets.

Last year the Times wrote that the GMD system had failed multiple times (eight out of 16 attempts so far) at an average of $200 million per test, and that taxpayers deserved to know how much the contractors were getting paid for developing a dud. Payments even included cash bonuses, the paper says.

“Despite numerous failures during testing, and prior disclosures of similar information to news organizations, DOD has withheld from taxpayers — and the Times — information showing the large sums in bonuses that DOD paid to contractors,” says the lawsuit.

12:40 18.01.2015(updated 09:42 19.01.2015)
sputniknews.com/us/201501181013507229/

US Navy orders 214 Tomahawk cruise missiles worth $303 million

The US Navy has put in a $303 million order for 214 Tomahawk cruise missiles and spares, a major contract that is likely to draw more fire over the force’s extravagant policies over the past years.

The contract for the long-range nuclear-capable Tomahawk Block IV missiles was granted to Rytheon, a major Pentagon contractor, the UPI reported Thursday.

While the missiles will be chiefly used by the Navy, some of them would be sent to the UK as a foreign military sale.

The order came at a time when the Navy was under heavy criticism for the failure of USS Zumwalt, one the most expensive American warships.

The $4.4 billion guided missile destroyer broke down while it was crossing the Panama Canal in late November.

Debuted in May, the futuristic-looking ship introduced a new class of warships that the Pentagon boasted were going to be the most advanced vessels ever built.

According to the General Accounting Office (GAO), the program is expected to cost more than $22 billion.

The force has also faced backlash over its other extravagant projects such as the USS Gerald Ford aircraft carrier, which is projected to cost around $13 billion.

This is while, according to Under Secretary of Defense Frank Kendall, the new technologies fitted into the aircraft carrier are likely to fail to perform as promised.

The Tomahawk deal with the UK cements Washington's standing as the top weapons merchant in the world.

The US raked in around $40 billion from arms sales in 2015.

presstv.ir/Detail/2016/12/29/504010/US-Navy-Tomahawk-cruise-missile-Rytheon

BOOOOOMMER NEEEEWSS

youtube.com/watch?v=5bRXIPk0e3Y

My boomer in laws inhereted their money, own three houses, new rv, etc and still bitch about money all the time.

None of our parents will leave us a dime, despite their parents working like dogs to leave a financial legacy.

for whom? also boomer fag alert

um sorry sweetie but that's where you're wrong. if you did not waste your money on avocado toast, then you would have a much better position in life.

Boomers have the worst mother fucking attitude you've ever witnessed. Ever seen the road rage shootings? Theyre not even niggers, theyre mostly white boomers who got pissy you were only going 20mph over the speed limit.

Boomers have no concept of fluid cognitive initiative. They learn one thing in 1971 and theyve stuck to it forever and complain when they cant get jobs. They spend so much they live pay check to paycheck. They dont know what money is worth, they buy products soley based on the idea that higher cost equals higher quality.

They hate the concept that the countey doesnt recolve around them. They will call the cops on you for any reason and expect the police to do their building.

Fuck boomers and their participation trophies. Fuck their attitudes, dont be like them.

>They will call the cops on you for any reason and expect the police to do their building

This. They're cucked beyond reason, with no understanding whatsoever that calling the cops MAKES SHIT WORSE.

Reddit spacing + weirdest take ever

>None of our parents will leave us a dime, despite their parents working like dogs to leave a financial legacy.

Sad but true.

My grandparents were rich as fuck but still never went to restaurants, grew their own food, clipped coupons, repaired things instead of replacing them, and my parents are currently in the process of pissing that legacy away.

At least granddad taught me how to fix shit, looks like it's a skill I'm going to need. Or at least it would be if all the Chinese products we buy nowadays were worth fixing at all.

>They will call the cops on you for any reason and expect the police to do their building.

That's an American thing. Canadian boomers are cunts, but they won't call the police on you for walking down the sidewalk after dark.

Wrong.

People voting Democrat, more Welfare State, more government employees, more billions spent on useless payoffs to big city nigger mayors, huge left-wing graft and corruption.

Without left-wing politics, we'd have a lot more high-paying jobs and people would be more traditional.

It's too bad most millennials would rather suck Obama dick than face reality.

We need a hard-right dictator to crush the left utterly.

Boomer spotted.

>Without left-wing politics, we'd have a lot more high-paying jobs and people would be more traditional.

Who do you think brought in the left-wing politics that you're complaining about?

Protip: it's not (((who))) you think.

Democrat spotted.

>It's too bad most millennials would rather suck Obama dick than face reality.

Now that's some wankery right there. You know how the left became what they are today right? Because they didn't have an opposition to debate and exchange ideas with. If you wipe out the left the right will fall into the same mess too.

Just

>unironically posting that image

Kys, leafcuck

Houses are a 20th century idea that have no place in the 21st century

>My parents are a joke.
Stop leaching off your parents syrup-nigger.

>got pissy you were only going 20mph over the speed limit.

Reckless Driving is a felony, user.

Social security is something they paid into, retard. They're not stealing from you - when did YOU make that money, exactly?

Feudal Landholding is the residential model of the future.

The future will come, whether they want it or not.

Who knows how many of us will survive but it will get better for our progeny. I'm betting star trek wasn't so far off in predicting first warp flight in 2063.

Corporate citizen incentivization actually. Governments will fall, and corporations will compete with each other for territory (the competition will become more regulated over time) and (you guessed it) people.

That's not how Social Security works but I can see the analogy to a bank account if you assume later generations will contribute as well. That said, the SS system is doing fine and the only tweak that needs to be made is to remove the cap on contribution.

>hard assets that actually appreciate over time
>no place in the 21st century
ok buddy

I'm sorry, but that image is stupid. ATGMs aren't fired at people, that would be a total waste. Especially Javelins. Those, and Hellfires, are typically saved for armored targets that usually cost the enemy millions to procure.

Infantry are more likely to use a LAW or M203 for what's described, and they cost much less.

Except that they're collecting considerable more than they paid in, even assuming interest is paid on their contributions; a typical boomer will have only paid in about 75% of what they receive, including investment income on contributions.

Public pensions have always been a pyramid scheme; they depended on have more workers to tax than pensioners to pay. Then the boomers smoked weed and agitated for more brown people rather than having children, so the value of the expected pensions is far greater than the social security tax income.

The FICA tax I'm paying now is being used to cover the payout to boomers now. The system has so much unfunded liability that they'll probably need to give it money from general funds in order to keep it solvent, and that money comes from people who actually have jobs.

Fuck this logic. bring home stuff for myself and write my name on it. My mother is a hoarding cunt and god forbid you touch her snacks or food. I write my name on it and people still sneak my fucking food. What cunts. Then again they are giving and bought me a car...well half of one..I pay the other half

You don't. If you're wasting money on smartphones and video games whilst bitching and moaning that you have no money then you deserve to be poor.

I knew a guy who spent hundreds of pounds on clothes, he had a rolex watch despite working minimum wage. Why? He put in the work to get the money and budgeted for those things. He never complained that he had no money, instead, he took action to get more and owned his spending choices.

An older guy was telling me about some documentary he saw, a guy still living with his parents in his 30s, bitching that he had no money. The documentary noted that he often spent large amonts of cash on fancy holidays. That cash, the older guy said, as cash that in his day, people would have saved.

Live for today, and demand everyone else pay for your tomorrow, that's the millenial way.

Deposit for a first time buyer is £40,000 for an average first house.

Not buying a smart phone wont get you any closer to that.

this site is 18+

I'd rather sleep with a gun under the bed in a house I own that have no gun in a house I don't own.

>AKA what Sup Forums likes.

>More Jewish wars
>Import more niggers

Exactly what Sup Forums likes

lmao what shitstain can you buy a house for 160k in?

>LAW
Wow dude, how fucking old are you? The M72 LAW was replaced by the AT4 back in the late 80s.

In 1977 it wouldn't have been a shitstain.

>Boomers are also not SJW/PC

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Human living standards and opportunities have never been higher ever in human history.
We're talkink about long trends, not having washing machines or cars at T time (which enter in living standards calculations).
Young generations have no opportunities in life, excepted fighting for an university degree to get 1/ a 50'000 student loans and 2/ a low wage salary and temp jobs.

>There are pretty much no wars and things are rather stable and chances of a new war is low.
You must be kidding.

>If anyone is enjoying the boomers work, it will be the generation currently living.
Oh yes.
Debt has never been so high.
"Career opportunities" boomers got with no education have become shitty temp jobs requiring uni degree.
Immigration, may we see invasion, is a real problem, some say unsolvable problem, until civil wars occur.
Pollution level kills thousands people a year.
For a large part of them, women became sluts.

>It's the next one who can complain on us, if we don't use this time for something good.
No problem. We have an unbeatable argument: we got the same shitty life you're about to get. Welcome aboard.

>Boomers are also not SJW/PC and are rather traditional and nationalistic.
Completely out of the reality.
Take Scotland for instance. Why old chaps voted to stay in UK? They feared to lose their retirement pensions. Just an example, but it proves they don't give a shit about their country. No patriotism excepted their pockets. As they always did.

>If anything is fucking up this generation, it's degenerate american culture.
Sure. Americans are evil, it's well known in left/ards households.

Hold up...

*votes for open borders*

You mean to tell me...

*makes college mandatory and expensive*

That we...

*invents affirmative action*

wuz conservatives??

Still in use, still in inventory. How old are you? 16?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when I think of the people that I know, the older ones are far more realistic than the youngsters. The younger ones have been steeped in this sugary PC crap their entire lives. They parrot it right back out again. SJW is a young man's game. Of necessity, who else would be that out to lunch?

Honestly though, people are probably equally retarded right across the board.

You sound entitled

The Boomer's real issue is that they ruined this country's sense of family and community. They turned their kids and grandkids into a bunch of rootless, identityless, degenerates.
I work in Real Estate and get to meet a lot of people from every age group and get to know a bit about their life, their finances, their families.
Most boomers HATE their kids. Most of them are divorced at least once. They are honestly the most selfish and entitled group of people I've ever met. Millenials don't even come close.
It's so strange meeting so many 60 year olds who have the mentality of children where they expect everyone to care for them. Every conversation comes back to "Well what's in it for ME?". Their entire mentality is based around eating their young. Millenials at least want other people to think they're kind and generous even if deep down they're doing things selfishly(i.e. Virtue Signalling). Boomers don't give a fuck. Literally just Me, Me, Me. They never stop talking about themselves. I'm pretty sure they invented victim culture with all their bitching and moaning.

Places where prices aren't artificially inflated.

Humanity will have devolved back to apes by then. What few whites are left will be enslaved. The elites will live out lives in a network of secret bunkers. This starts in 10 years.

in Virginia maybe a rural area, one a few minutes off of a major highway but it's going to be at least 45 minutes from a significant city
god damn fixer-uppers in the bad parts of Richmond that are old and have been given slight renovations are going for 250k

They became conservative as they aged dipshit. Member the hippies? They were even worse than todays youth.

You retarded faggot, we spend twice as much on Boomer retirement than we do on our military. They turned Social Security and Medicare into Ponzi schemes. The original plan was to basically pay into a government retirement program. You pay taxes, it goes into a fund and accrues interest every year and when you retire you get that money back.
Instead they spent all the money on other shit, and started paying those entitlements direct from the paychecks of the younger generation.
And then the Boomers had this wonderful idea: why don't we just not have a next generation? We'll have few kids, treat them like garbage, live lavishly, and save nothing. Now all Western Governments are desperately importing third world workers who they think will somehow pay for these programs because they don't know what the fuck else to do.

You all retarded. The problem was people were blinded by wishful thinking. They thought capitalism was a single edged blade slashing Nazi and communist alike,but really it was a double le edged blade and right know we were seeing the effects. business compete for price war with good quality item not it is about the cheapest possible shit no fuck about quality. It no longer about good quality thing at competition,but cheapest bottom line shit. That mean chunks in slaveshops,at minimum cost to make the most money. Almost all brand are riding their hype when they made good quality shit. It gotten to the point we're everything moved to China and Chinese learned and of course will backstab those that helped them prosper from mud huts. Chinese can make quality shit,but who the fuck would pay them just buy a brand and sell cheap chink shit on brand name.

all the leftist/SJW shit you can think of has been implemented by boomers fucker, from Medicaid/Medicare to desegregation bussing to fight "racism"

In Poland you need around 400 k PLN for big enough flat in big city for your family (3-4 rooms and kitchen)

Dominanta (most dominant value) of polish salaries is around 1800 PLN netto.

That's around 223 months or around 18,5 years of not spending even 1 PLN from your salary.

Just in case if any of you asked why so many polish young people still live with their parents and do not start families. It's mostly about living place.

>£40,000
>Not buying a smart phone wont get you any closer to that.
>$X - [(cost of smartphone) + 12*(monthly service fees and taxes)]

Does anyone have any real complaints about boomers or is it jealousy that you think they had it easier?

>contract

Why would you have an expensive contract if you're trying to save money?

>SJW is a young man's game
Dead wrong. The 16-25 y/o crowd you see at protests are just useful idiots, the organizing is handled by boomers. All the 60's flower children who had trust funds to fall back on conned their way into academia after they finished dropping acid in SF. Who do you think taught these faggots about Marx?

Your drunk uncle that rants about niggers at Christmas is not all boomers.

Boomers must be demons from hell. the raw destruction they have caused stagger the imagination.
"I want to help people in need" is code "give me everything you have"
but remember the generation that raised them an geve them everything without reservation, need also some hate.

It's the same thinking that says a guy flipping burgers 30 hours/week contributes the same value to the organization as a CEO who work years at 80+ hours/week or the owner who marshaled the liquid capital, resources, and manpower and risked it all to build the workplace. Since those complaining have never worked hard enough and long enough to experience the rewards of years of hard work, dedication, and sacrifice, they assume their daily waged labor is on par with those who've spent the time and effort necessary to build and maintain a business.

tale them the true, we have no more money.
and lose the next election.

That picture is good except for the "Farming" part.
Farming is not outsourced you fucking tard.
Maybe it is in fake-country-land but in any country with usable land it's cheaper to farm locally.

If you're really trying to save money you'll have neither a smart phone nor a contract as they're superfluous to anyone not working a salaried position that requires constant communication.

>why do you need a smartphone at all?

I think the US is actually the biggest exporter of food on earth

>muh today's dollars
>A dozen eggs here in 2000: $1.
>A dozen eggs here in 2017: $3
>Inflation predicted 2017 price: $1.31
Anybody who quotes (((official economic benchmarks))) should be gassed.

Easy.
Remind them that houses were cheaper in their day and they bought electronic goods too.
I was alive in the early 80s and things like vcrs or vhs and Hi fi units cost 1-2 weeks average wage in most countries.

Boomers spent more of a proportion of their income on electronic goods that only have a fraction of the function of a smart phone (which is both phone, computer and MP3 player, camera, radio etc)

And they could still buy a house (interest rates were higher) save more due to interest rates being higher

And have more kids than our generation.

Boomers are the fucking worst.

Dad bought a 1920s house in 1988 for 60k dollar. same house in 2015 is now 270k dollar.
All the new affordable housing goes to the refugees now, who pay nothing and get everything.

>How do you argue against boomers who claim you're lazy and entitled because you buy a 100$ smartphone instead of a house
I tell them straight up that it was their stupidity that lead to stagnant wages. I then show them my handy dandy chart showing exactly when wages started stagnating at the same time they all wanted non-white immigration so they could appear less racist.
>You're a lazy millennial!
>whip out that $100 phone with my infograph
>show them
>they have nothing to say, and walk away.
I can't wait for all of them to die.

Don't argue, get a better job and buy both.

Smart phones aren't much more expensive than "dumb" phones now. Not sure about America but a basic smart phone with the common features (wifi, music, etc) is only about £20 more than a brick.

>100$ smartphone
don't you mean an $800 smartphone and $150 for monthly service?
I'm a poorfag who lives in a roommate setup and pays $20 a month for a flip phone.

It's the boomers that educated this generation and people become more conservative with age. Remember what it was like in the 60s-70s? A lot worse! and that was when the boomers were young.

>150 a month
The maximum data plan for my provider is 80 bucks a month. So I don't know where you get that number from.

>Being employed without having a smartphone

Yeah, good luck with that.

Lenny?

>£40,000 - £20 = £39,980
See how that works junior?

>I can't wait for all of them to die.
By the time they do you'll be an adult and do the exact same things. I'm almost 50 and have a 22 year old son who says the very same stupid shit I did when I was in my twenties while I now say the same shit I thought my father stupid for saying. You'll grow up eventually.

Y'all should look up Filial Responsibility laws if you want to rage. These fuckers will have you on the hook for your boomer parents' nursing home and medical bills too. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

It's the number at the bottom after the federal and state taxes are added.

>they checked my phone at the interview to see if it was current and fashionable.

>See how that works junior?

Cool, and how do you save up the rest of the deposit with enough working time left to pay the remaining £160,000 (assuming no interest)?

You'd have to pack aside over £200 a month for 15 years to get a house, and since rent is actually more expensive than a mortgage, good luck with that.

>Remind them that houses were cheaper in their day and they bought electronic goods too.
Wrong.
I was sure of it before, until I found an ad for flats/loans in my grand mother's boxes we kept after she died.
Actually the number of months required to get a 2 bedrooms flat was very close to nowadays requirements (approx. 15years).

But they got high inflation rates. Consequently, the loans were fucking cheaper during the 70s to the 90s.
It was, indeed, cheaper. Not the nominal price, the loan was.
Actually, boomers lived on loans and credits, credits we pay today.

Babies crying? Must be a day ending in "Y".

boomers are that disconnected from reality
they still think that cellphones are a luxury item
they don't know that in the millennial job market people expected to be reachable 24/7 and answer emails in a timely manner
I don't ever want to tell an employer "I need directions, my phone can't run google maps"
also boomers seem to think every smartphone is $600 or more and that people aren't walking around with