Genius man shoots and kills 9-year old daughter while trying to teach her about gun safety

>A Northwestern Indiana man accused of inadvertently shooting and killing his 9-year-old daughter appeared in court for the first time Wednesday morning.

nydailynews.com/news/national/father-accused-shooting-9-year-old-accidental-article-1.3285529

Very sad

>white skinned nigger

your typical /k/ member 'teaches' gun safety again.

>still probably less common than "parent teaches kid to swim, kid dies" stories.
Swimming ban when?

Do you really NEED to swim?

>“not to ever play with it because it can kill someone,”
>When Olivia walked into the room, he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head. He’d thought the gun was empty, according to court records.
What an idiot.

That's sad as fuck too.

>nydailynews

Meanwhile, 15 niggers shot their kids but not a peep.

/k/ BTFO

Nigger get out.

This is a shitty equivalency. Swimming and driving are normal things everyone needs to know how to do. The risk involved with learning them doesn't come close to outweighing the benefits of being able to do them.

There's no practical benefit to being able to shoot people. If his sons learned anything from the experience it was to not own guns at all.

Idiot.

> The 33-year-old father had been trying to teach his sons about gun safety the afternoon of June 10 when he showed them his 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, telling them “not to ever play with it because it can kill someone,” Hummel told police.
>When Olivia walked into the room, he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head. He’d thought the gun was empty, according to court records.
WHAT A MAROON!

First rule of gun safety - ALWAYS assume any firearm you pickup is loaded unless you have personally checked it immediately beforehand
Second rule of gun safety - NEVER point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot

You don't teach gun safety by showing your kids a gun and pointing it at them, you take them to a private or public range, teach them proper maintenance, handling, and respect. Shit dad is shit.

For every day of the rest of his life, in and out of jail, that father is going to be in his own personal hell, reliving that moment in time endlessly.

Seriously what the fuck was he thinking!

>Teach gun safety
>Point gun at daughter and shoot her by accident

>There's no practical benefit to being able to shoot people. If his sons learned anything from the experience it was to not own guns at all.

You believe that being able to defend one's self and one's kin are of no practical utility? Good luck during the oncoming failure of our democratic constituational republic under the weight of it's own incorrect assumptions.

another whitie bites the dusst heheheh

>>“not to ever play with it because it can kill someone,”
>>When Olivia walked into the room, he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head. He’d thought the gun was empty, according to court records.
Well, that's a pretty effective lesson. I'm sure his remaining kids won't play with the gun now.

>Genius man

I understand that you may be trying to pedal an argument but this is nothing to joke about.

Is that a woman or a man?

Lots of benefit to being able to defend one's self. No benefit in not being trained on proper firing and handing, actually apparently it kills your child.

Fucking bummer no doubt, but avoidable.

Lol so much this

>There's no practical benefit to being able to shoot people.
Au contraire mon frere

This. Absolutely this. I don't think I could go on, in all seriousness.

He is a genius.

His daughter will never make the same mistake. Never.

That's so sad.
R.I.P.

At least she won't have to suffer this awful nigger planet any longer...

Aussie snowflake? Probably an abbo.

> he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head

That usually kills people.

>driving kills more people than guns every year
>risk involved is lower
k

The chance of getting robbed or accosted by someone intending to harm you is astronomically higher than being stranded in a body of water in America.

That lesson must surely be ingrained in her head now.

This kills the 9 year old

I bet a fuck ton of children are shot accidently in shitty countries you never hear of compared to the US, doesn't make it less terrible though.

ban assault daughters

this sad fuck will get 20-40 years
while a raping murdering dindu gets 1/4 of that

(you)

>Lots of benefit to being able to defend one's self.

The 1 in a million chance that they have to defend themselves with a firearm isn't purposeful when they're too young to own or legally carry firearm.

>Au contraire mon frere

Most people don't get into gunfights or encounter situations where guns are needed for protection. That bullet he fired at his daughter was likely the only instance of being shot at she would've encountered in her life.

>The 33-year-old father had been trying to teach his sons about gun safety the afternoon of June 10 when he showed them his 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, telling them “not to ever play with it because it can kill someone,” Hummel told police.

Well, I guess the kids learned their lesson

>tells kid not to play with guns because they can kill someone
>plays with gun, kills kid

I can only hope this is just anti-gun propaganda and the guy isn't as dumb as they're making him sound.

>The chance of getting robbed or accosted by someone intending to harm you is astronomically higher than being stranded in a body of water in America.

Most kids who drown are goofing around in pools not stranded in a body of water.

>driving kills more people than guns every year
>risk involved is lower

The risk involved isn't lower the benefits of driving just outweigh the risks associated. The benefits of being able to shoot someone don't outweigh the risks of learning when the chances of needing to do so are remote.

>1 in a million chance
Uhm, i'd like to see a peer reviewed study proving that or you can take that assertion back right now sweetie

Ten bucks says one of his sons picked up the gun and shot her but the dad is just taking the heat.

Its very difficult (nigh impossible) for an adult to function in the US without knowing how to drive, unless you live in a very metropolitan area and never travel outside it.

Guns on the other hand are wholly unnecessary. Most of us can't shoot for shit and get along just fine.

he did spread awareness about gun safety to be fair

No fucking trigger discipline. Let him fry.

nice random big numbers you speak with confidence. Here.

""When I had the gun, I didn't think I was actually going to have to shoot somebody," the 6th grader recalled. "I think it's going to change me a whole lot, knowing that I can hold my head up high and nothing can hurt me anymore."

Kendra St. Clair

PewPew

if that were true the son would just get a slap on the wrist

wasn't there a little girl who straight up killed a guy with an uzi at a gun range? You think she's doing hard time in juvie?

Treat every weapon as if it were loaded
Never a point a weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot
Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until ready to fire
Keep the weapon on safe until you intend to fire

Had he followed even one of these fundamental guidelines, his daughter would be alive. I got no words.

>Marine Fag

>The overall crime rate in Lorain is 49% higher than the national average.

>In Lorain you have a 1 in 24 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

Not everyone lives somewhere nice and safe.

Criminal negligence != an accident.
Really it was the instructor's fault for being overconfident in a little girl's ability to handle a fully automatic firearm and he paid for it in the end.

>NEVER point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot

Why is this so fucking hard to understand? This father should be shot.

> Picked up gun
> Pointed it at daughter
> Pointed it at daughters head

Nobody in /k/ is that fucking retarded

Meh, who cares? A kid gets killed by an accidental shooting on average every other day in the US.

This, /k/ would only point it at their own head and pull the trigger to see if it was loaded. They would not point it at their daughter.

I feel a lot worse for the kid. She has to live with the knowledge that she killed someone.

That's not really the kind of thing most 9 year olds are psychologically equipped to handle.

Why is it so hard for fuckups to handle firearms properly? Literally all you have to do is not point the gun at someone.

>Do you really need to swim?
You do if you ever come in contact with a body of water too deep to stand in and want to live to tell the story

>Not everyone lives somewhere nice and safe

True. But carrying a loaded gun around with you isn't gonna help your odds by much. And it introduces a myriad of additional risks.

Best solution is white flight. GTFO. Walk towards the light.

>Swimming and driving are normal things everyone needs to know how to do
>the benefits of driving just outweigh the risks associated

So is owning and knowing how to operate a firearm safely. The benefits of owning and knowing how to operate a firearm outweigh the risk of not owning or having one. The same goes with owning a car and knowing how to drive safely.

I'm in an open carry state, I open carry. Where I live there's a nigger problem. Not even that much of the population, but still a giant problem.

I've been hassled by said niggers, who every single time after seeing that I open carry walk the fuck away.

Some nog came up to me and demanded a cigarette, I don't even smoke. I turned, he saw I wasn't to be fucked with, and left.

Any place where the black population is over 15% its gonna be a noticeable problem.

I used to live in an area that was 65% black. You really couldn't go out after dark. Armed or not

She died free

He probably pointed it at her by accident. It could happen to anyone. You're just casually turning whilst your gun is pointing outwards

>In Lorain 16.20% of the population is African American.

ayy would you look at that.

>Tries to shoot himself
>THIS time it misfires

>Most people don't get into gunfights or encounter situations where guns are needed for protection. That bullet he fired at his daughter was likely the only instance of being shot at she would've encountered in her life.
Well it's certainly the only instance now

Not everyone builds their country below sea level

>He pointed his gun at his daughter and pulled the trigger thinking it was empty.

Deserves the death penalty DESU.

You never point a gun at someone unless you intend to kill them.

>It could happen to anyone.
Not anyone who is trained to safely use a firearm. I never paint anyone with my barrel when casually turning around. You stay cognizant and don't let those moments occur and no-one dies, as is the norm for safe gun use.

I sure as hell hope you are not a gun owner with a lax attitude like that.

pointed at her head, with his finger on the trigger and the safety off?

Who the fuck was his shooting instructor, Bill Burroughs?

that's alot of hair on her pussy

>I never make careless errors
>can't spell 'point'

i think he really meant "paint" tho

He did.

How do these retards even fuck up gun safety?

like seriously. you really want to fuck with a gun then unload the mag, check the chamber, aim at the dirt and pull the trigger mag size x2, then check the chamber again and make sure the safety is on.
you can now fuck with the gun.
not before.
don't want to do all that?
don't fuck with the gun.

Typing quickly and accurately takes more brain power than not pointing a gun at someone

Found the nigger.

Also neglecting to check if it was loaded.
Shit, at this rate why not just teach the girl to play Russian Roulette?

Could happen to anyone right?

And if gun control was stricter his stupid genes would have been allowed to spread. This is a wonderful thing.

>he pointed the firearm at her and shot her in the head
forwhatpurpose.tiff

LOL. Says the gun violence statistic in waiting

australian's lack of guns really shows

>“I had my gun, I didn’t realize there was a bullet in there, and I just shot my daughter,” Hummel says, breathing heavily.
>didn't realize

wups....
oh mah gaw
no

Why aren't American gun owners forced to take a firearms safety course?

In my state we are

Well I'm sure it's a lesson she'll never forget. I bet he learned something to.

Not often we get feel good stories in the news.

It should be mandatory in all states, which should be easily doable by makig it a federal law federal law.

>teaching sons gun safety
>point firearm at daughter and shoot her in the head

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

he did this on purpose for some reason

Bet he got the point across to his boys tho

I bet that inbred dumbass voted for Drumpf lmao

Story is fishy.

seems to me like his covering up for one of his kids

I think we concluded he just wanted to kill the girl because

>clears weapon multiple times in front of others and stories confirm this
>suddenly gun is loaded and fired when girl walks into room

He must've loaded it at some point and did it ao he could cover the fact he was diddling the daughter.

He should go to jail .

My dad wasn't an autist and was able to teach us firearm safety from the age of 7 without anyone getting shot. It's really not that difficult.

This is the most retarded statement ive ever read. What kind of faggot ass subburbia so you come from?

Gun ownership is a constitutional right, so that won't happen. Even if it wasn't a right, most gun owners, myself included, would oppose it. Gun grabbers would make the mandatory safety classes as much of a pain in the ass as possible just to fuck with gun owners.
I'm not sure you get just how little trust gun owners have in the government's ability to "sensibly" regulate their hobby. Anti gunners have proven over and over again that there is no point trying to compromise with them.

>inadvertently

yea, no

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.