Earth might soon be too hot for humans

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/climate-change-earth-too-hot-for-humans.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Kr7op
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svante_Arrhenius
journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2008BAMS2370.1
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2153-3490.1956.tb01206.x/abstract
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Clickbaiters into archive archive.is/Kr7op

climate change is a hoax

like the oil thing

>OIL RUNNING OUT ANY MINUTE NOW
>30 years later
>still enough oil

>GLOBAL WARMING HABBENING ANY SECOND NOW
>40 years later still everything as always

>the suns solar energy is literally waning
>GLOBAL WARMING

God damn, you fucking global warming tin foil hatters need to learn astronomy.

Nice to see Vic Rattlehead making the rounds once again.

Good, let it burn and leave our usurpers nothing when we are gone.

it is really fucking hot out today, guess global climate warming is real

>a few degrees warmer climate will literally cook the planet into oblivion
hmm

Gee, I sure love this waterproof computer. I mean, I am typing underwater right now, according to predictions I read in school twelve years ago.

buy an air conditioner

Weren't temperatures several dozen degrees hotter when dinosaurs were around?

fun fact: Peak Oil doomsday scenarios are ALSO what you'd have to usher in to get a freeze on carbon emission growth

not a halt to alleged global warming, not slowing it down, just not increasing it faster than we already are

we're trapped between leftist doomsday scenarios

they always offer MIND NUMBING PANIC without meaningful solutions, only symbolic gestures

you'd have to kill billions to make a dent

>you must be 18 y/o or older to view and post on this page

too much oil wtf?

>Weren't temperatures several dozen degrees hotter when dinosaurs were around?
I don't think you understand how average temperatures work, lad.

Pretty much a given, with that flag though.

>What are lizards?

>TFW Al Gore told me I'd be beach side property by now

>In the jungles of Costa Rica, where humidity routinely tops 90 percent, simply moving around outside when it’s over 105 degrees Fahrenheit would be lethal. And the effect would be fast: Within a few hours, a human body would be cooked to death from both inside and out.
That's not how it works though

>Or my mother’s: born in 1945, to German Jews fleeing the smokestacks through which their relatives were incinerated, now enjoying her 72nd year in an American commodity paradise
Sup Forums was right again

Not him, but what are you dirty muslims talking about? Im pretty sure that the Earths avg temp was much warmer when the dinosaurs were still alive.

>uninhabitable eart

Earth will be habitable for thousands of years no matter what... just not for everyone.
Begin by curbing african explosive demographic.

the British education system must be utter garbage if you're getting told that Britain will be flooded in 12 years

Funny, liberals preach evolution and natural selection alongside science, but then try to get us to geoengineer to prevent our own extinction. Extinction is natural, right?

It wasn't really a hoax, user. The oil companies and natural scientists both thought it was true. At the time the petroleum wells we knew about were more limited. We've gotten better and better at finding and extracting oil, though. The geologic technology has come a long way and we can detect it much deeper and in more places. That being said our new extraction methods (ocean drilling, fracking, possible arctic drilling) come at a questionable cost. Fracking is already looking pretty fucked with how much it contaminates ground water and causes earthquakes, and deep ocean drilling has been one disaster after another.

petroleum is still a finite resource. If fracking gets banned and places like the arctic remain off limits you're going to start hearing the term 'peak oil' again soon thereafter.

eh it'll be uninhabitable regardless at some point in time. climate change just speeds this up a little i guess.

in ~600 million years plants will stop doing C4 photosynthesis, and all large life will die out. i'd imagine we'll get struck with an asteroid, a gamma ray burst, or perhaps a super volcano will erupt, well before that.

so relax, we're doomed no matter what

Don't you mean

>OIL RUNNING OUT ANY MINUTE NOW
>30 years later
>even more oil

I live on the coast. It would be way too much bother to try to dig out this info sauce, but it's not like the schools made it up. It was an accepted probability.

sure it does. humidity is the killer in that situation, not the temp.

>it's another "just kidding climate change is literally impossible to avoid and it's going to kill us all in 10 years"
So why should I have voted for Hillary? Why should I care about this at all? Why should I care about morality if we'll all be dead soon anyways? Shouldn't I just revert to base tribalism now due to the upcoming resource scarcity?

Yeah user its really funny. Great contribution.

I'm already getting my butter knives together. Keep on preppin

It doesn't literally cook you
As long as you have plenty of water and rest often you'll be fine

>muh warming

That edit of the iwo jima picture is neat desu

It was. Also, if you ever want to destroy an environmentalist's mind:

>Fossil Fuels come from plants
>Plants gather carbon by processing atmospheric CO2
>No new carbon is entering the Earth system
>Buring the Earth's entire reserve of fossil fuels therefore can only raise CO2 levels to the point they were at when large plants able to provide the biomass needed to form fossil fuels existed

>War on Global Warming
>Combination of high CO2 and temperature perfect for trees

>Original sin, check
>Indulgences, check
>Unquestionable authority figures, check
>Underlying ideas that can only be understood by said authority figures, check
>Thoroughly shame and guilt based, check
>Promises of hell and damnation for disobedience, check

Welcome to christianity 2.0

maybe this was considered probable by the babbling retards putting together English school books but it most certain wasn't by actual climatologists. You can go back to the IPCC FAR, SAR and TAR and all of them say that sea level rise by the end of the century (let alone in 12 years) will take place on a centimeter scale.
So unless your house is located 2cm above the mean sea level, no one serious predicted that you would be under water in 12 years time.

I'm no shill, but you have to admit the problem is the rate of change, not volume. Lighting a candle for ten years in a room is different than igniting the same amount of fuel in one second.

Yeah user im sure this half-assed observation really mindfucks those PhD climatologists

meh,so far it's been the coldest july in Poland since 2004.

This.

/thread

but on the other hand it might not. We don't know bout dem feedbacks

fucking Krauts believe whatever their told.

MAGA
BUILD LE WALL
LOCK HER UP
CHAYNA

>I'm no shill, but you have to admit the problem is the rate of change

Not really. More CO2 changes the equilibrium temperature state of the planet; the path you take doesn't change the equilibrium. That's pretty basic in thermo.

Nah, for them, I'd just laugh at their shitty solutions for the problem and throw in snide observations about their anti-nuclear stances. That's easier, because their proposals a quite literally indefensible.

Despite what (((science))) and (((history))) says, our planet gets periodically wrecked by nature. Earth is organic, and goes through dormant and growth phases. I hope I live long enough to see degenerate places like London slide into an ocean of lava.

>all species always go extinct at some point
>but human species like thinking they're eternal

Sage this slide thread
>Title and photo look like Megadeth album though

>Tfw no coast of Nevada with the bloated bodies of California liberals washing up on the shores
Sometimes I wish he was right

also an hourly reminder that the paleoclimate record clearly tells us what happens during periods of sudden carbon injection into the atmosphere and oceans:

>Oxygen isotope ratios measured on phosphate-bound oxygen in conodont apatite from the Meishan and Shangsi sections (South China) decrease by 2‰ in the latest Permian, translating into low-latitude surface water warming of 8 °C. The oxygen isotope shift coincides with the negative shift in carbon isotope ratios of carbonates, suggesting that the addition of isotopically light carbon to the ocean-atmosphere system by Siberian Traps volcanism and related processes resulted in higher greenhouse gas levels and global warming. The major temperature rise started immediately before the main extinction phase, with maximum and harmful temperatures documented in the latest Permian (Meishan: bed 27). The coincidence of climate warming and the main pulse of extinction suggest that global warming was one of the causes of the collapse of the marine and terrestrial ecosystems. In addition, very warm climate conditions in the Early Triassic may have played a major role in the delayed recovery in the aftermath of the Permian-Triassic crisis.

Look here, asshole, this is no time for a rational, scientific discussion. We're talking climate change here.

September 23, 2017

Our time begins. You have been warned.

And you don't think we're going to space to find another planet within those 600 million years?

Based bot

I know it's just a case but can someone explain me how global warming is a thing if yesterday in a village near my city that is just on the spanish border by the sea it was fucking snowy in July ?

Oh well

>its another 'pol confuses newsweek articles with science' thread

Scientists have been predicting warming since the 1800's

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svante_Arrhenius

Scientists did not predict cooling in the 70's

journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2008BAMS2370.1

It has been called climate change since the 50's

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.2153-3490.1956.tb01206.x/abstract

>muh national geographic

retarded cunts.

dinosaurs aren't lizards

GREAT

>weather is climate

1. Weather isn't climate
2. Warm air holds more water so snow becomes more likely as the planet warms so some regions wil see greater trend towards snowfall (see the idiots posting articles about 'greenland gaining mass' based on snowfall
3. France is getting warmer

>white girl
>black boy
Who would have thought Baphomet was a cuck

>90000 posts in daily tranny hate thread
>no one cares about the environment collapsing

September 23 is the birthday of my gf

What did Baphomet mean by this ?

muh iwo jimuh

on average though, the Northern hemisphere has a decreasing snow cover (which is in itself a highly important albedo feedback)

We've only hit 100 F once so far this year in Dallas. It's been a very mild summer.

>climate-change

I mean, they follow Trump explicitly because he has lowered his speech level down to their average intelligence (3rd-5th grade). This is what he means when he says he speaks directly to them.

We are in trouble, just as people have predicted in the past.

>you'd have to kill billions to make a dent
and now you know what the left is planning

Oh, look, it's another post by a climate shill who ignores that the baseline temperature was set in the mid-1800's, just when THE LITTLE ICE AGE ENDED.

>damn preachers don't know how to do politics
>let me run and lose by 15 points

He didn't say anything about their ability to win.

He was saying that their ideology is practically incompatible with government, and basically results in gridlock.

Well, here we are with a large number of these faggot republicans causing shutdowns and gdp loss including harm to their own republican federal employees. There are a lot of them, by the way.

These people are a problem because they don't want to do their fucking jobs and come to the table.

27s

>results in gridlock.
Sounds like a perfect government then. When it happened to the Spanish government a few years back, no-one even noticed.

But if I buy solar panels this will suddenly just reverse right? Sorry kikes not today

It is only going to get hotter because I am here.