Sup Forums meta thread

Increase Sup Forums limit to 500 replies?

no

bring back Heaven

I would be okay with this on /polg/. Which should be a board.

We should get rid of mods first.

what the heck is polg?

yes

No point. Carry on

Sup Forums Generals probably.

I got one

Decrease the board pages, most threads past page 7 are just dead threads, not including auto sage ones

What is the current limit anyway?

slide thread would really drown out happenigs

This guy knows

So many repeated thread slide less popular topics that still deserve discussion if mods actually shut down budding clones we could do that.

Generals, which is a stupid and harmful idea.
Yes.

300 then the start to autosage.

why are generals a bad idea?

>slowing down relentless traffic of shills spamming topics they want us to talk about
>stupid and harmful

Pol has enough traffic to justify a separate polg board. The answer is a new board and MAYBE increase the bump limit to 500

>why are generals a bad idea?

They breed cancer. You can see the metastasised results if you visit the /got/ or /who/ threads on Sup Forums, the WYWT threads on /fa/.. pretty much any regular "general" will be a focal point for reddit trash, it will generate tripfags and people invested in their reputation, everything an anonymous board is good at is subverted.

a good addition would be a sticky that explaines how to sage and report slide/bait treads most newfags dont know how to sage a bait tread.

Yes. Also make a /ci/ - Conspiracy / Investivation for pedogate, criminal tracking, etc...

>Yes. Also make a /ci/ - Conspiracy / Investivation for pedogate, criminal tracking, etc...

isnt that for /x/?

i agree. one of my favorite things to do is start bait threads and try to hit the bump limit with only 1 post by this ID. its become too easy these days. up the bump limit up the difficulty.

Auto prune any thread that hits 50 replies where OP only posts once

Because they segregate topics, creating safe spaces and circle jerks. This is not video games or TV shows, it's politics and political philosophy, a breathing living subject that should be discussed in the manner that will make sure that no opinion is disregard or silenced. General threads on Sup Forums are fine(mostly) because they are still visible, a whole board for generals will make them secluded.

>Auto prune any thread that hits 50 replies where OP only posts once

kindof depends on the tread in qeustion but i agree if the op doesnt respond it has a very high likely hood of being a bait tread.

so would it be a good idea for a /polg/ to be created? for pol related generals?

ill just post twice

Also this If you change your whole system to fight an enemy he has pretty much won. Shills always existed and always will, there are many others methods to combat them and they proved effective as the consensus on the site has not moved a lot despite their attempts to de radicalize and fracture Sup Forums.

It's supposed to be, but traffic to /x/ is so infrequent that anything of worth gets buried under tulpa garbage

No.

pls no

>but traffic to /x/ is so infrequent that anything of worth gets buried under tulpa garbage

if regularly lurk on /x/ alot of the pedo gate shit gets descussed on there.

No, it would make discourse much less effective in my opinion. Generals breed cancer, stop free discussion and are easier to shill.

this user is right
just take a quick look at mlp to see what happens when generals take over a board

the thing is you remeber the creation of /bant/? it was bassicaly meant as a containment board for shitposters it did not realy help as bait and slide treads are still very common i doubt creating another board would help much.

Suggestion: only OP can bump a thread until it gets to a number of replies

>there are many others methods to combat them

like?
saging bait/slide treads almost never works as the other anons keep taking the bait.

>only OP can bump a thread

how would that help? a shill or baiter would just keep replying to his own tread to slide other treads.

fire the current mods and hire actual people who can actually administrate the board

>tfw /bant/ turned out ok
>tfw Sup Forums is now the containment board for shitposters instead

ironic isnt it?

the big problem is that people keep taking obvius bait slide treads most newfags dont even know there responding to bait or how to sage.

Counter shilling works wonders, we used to do a lot of it. Designated threads educating the public on their tactics, and alerting of patterns in posting, or thread splitting, and so on. Only active resistance a la know your enemy is effective against shilling, as far as I've noticed. That's off the top of my head though, there must be other effective tactics.

Newfags and legitimate paid shills need to stop creating bait threads. I don't know how to discourage that. Frankly we need some heavy handed mod to ban people that post garbage. Any post that isn't quality discussion should earn a one week ban. But bans hardly do anything anyways so i don't know.

How would you discourage trash posting?

>tfw /bant/ turned out ok

how? looked like a purposeless shitfest last time I checked

Shitty meme

>here must be other effective tactics

like?

do you think a sticky explaining how to sage and report bait treads would help?

>How would you discourage trash posting?

bans and warnings dont help agianst shills the will just use A proxy and vpn.

i remeber when sagebombing bait treads was still a thing the best way would be to educate the newfags how to spot a bait tread and to sage.

Can't think of any right now, but for some reason we barely even counter shill anymore.
A sticky would not be effective because the definition of a shill really depends on your location on the political spectrum(like we'd all be shills on leftypol). Only posters counter shilling can win against a full consensus shift.

They just need to fucking make it so IP's that are clearly just spamming random threads get autobanned.

20 posts in 20 different threads in less than 3 minutes should be a ban.

>No shills
>not as many bait threads
>shit threads slide, while good threads thrive
>shitposts are more inventive
>actual discussion takes place from time to time

It's like the opposite of Sup Forums in many ways, including those listed above. Give it a try user!

At that point even if it isn't a bot, it's clearly someone without valid input who shouldn't be allowed to be here.

last time i remeber the aussie shitposter got banned for posting blacked shit theres also a turk shitposter that keeps makig bait treads too.

peerhaps make it so that contentieus shitposting and making bait treads will result in a permaban?

No. The 300 cap keeps this board running fast and threads dont stagnate. Just keep making 10 Trump generals an hour and like it.

>A sticky
the sticky would be for newfags teaching them what a bait tread is and how to sage.

/x/ was also banning Elsa and Spiderman video investigation.

You have too much faith in newfags.
How would you define shilling without mentioning some political philosophy? In an absolutely objective way?

maybe the sticky would show a clear example of a bait tread and other signs like one post by op.

>1) Bring back blue sage name (or at least temporary to test it out). Yes, sage is a downvote and this site needs downvotes
>2) Increase post size from 2k to 3k letters, remove geo flags (there's Sup Forums for that) but let the custom flags stay
>3) Delete the failed experiment that /bant/ is and instead of trying to divert the memes and shitposting to another board, divert the serious discussion by creating a board for serious political discussion like "/psci/ - Political Science" and enforce the rules there

Shill
>an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Confidence Trickster
>a person who sets out to defraud or deceive people by persuading them to believe something that is not true.

So anyone who comes here spreading false information on behalf of a political agenda is a shill, regardless of which side they are on.
Really makes you considering doesn't it not?

delete Sup Forums

See an example would already be one sided, right? Furthermore the current stickies are both absolutely ignored at the moment as far as I've seen. I don't think that the solution can come from the management at all, only from internal activism (for a lack of a better word) against whoever shills the hardest in a given moment. It needs to be a group effort, we can't run to the mods for help.

All of these are good suggestions

Yes, it does, because the fallacy sticky would already imply that such trickery is forbidden, yet that sticky goes unnoticed and uninforced for the most part.

>most threads past page 7 are just dead threads

>I dont use the catalog because im a newfag

> creating a board for serious political discussion like "/psci/ - Political Science" and enforce the rules there

Yesterday we were having a good thread about political theory and recommended literature, and it got pruned WTF I fail to understand the rationale

Mods are fags and they always delete the best discussion threads. They leave the cuck racemixing threads to hit the limit. Basically, the mods are shills.

Replace all the moderators

nah

>slide threads drown happenings.
Nah. The only threads that slide threads effect are muh eCeleb happening garbage that deserves getting slid. Actual happenings always rise to the top..