Why do Americans eat "Pasteurized Process Topping" instead of cheese?

Why do Americans eat "Pasteurized Process Topping" instead of cheese?
Why do they eat "Mechanically Separated Meat" - which actually contains very little meat and is mostly non-meat tissue, instead of actual meat?
Why do they eat "Pink Slime", which has seen its sales triple in the last couple of years?
I even saw an article cheering that this 4th of July hamburger prices were the lowest in years - due to the use of "pink slime" instead of real meat.

Don't you guys have any standards? At all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=dollar tree food
youtube.com/watch?v=ySYdvcTAofI
reuters.com/article/us-food-ammonia-idUSBRE8331B420120404
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None.

Last night I made veal burgers with crumbled parmesan and sun dried tomatoes with fresh basil and parsley.

Americans don't actually eat any of that.

Here's a real question for you to ponder: Why don't you have a functioning economy?

I'm sorry it's not "pink slime" it's actually called "LFTB"

I didn't mean no disrespect

why dont you come back with this thread when you can actually afford cheese.

>mfw your sister probably fucks strangers for a sandwich.

If we didn't have standards as you imply, those "foods" would be called cheese, beef, and hamburger meat.

If I had a sister she'd fuck strangers for free m8, it's what girls do nowadays

>implying Americans ever eat cheese that doesn't melt

Nigga have you ever eaten actual American Cheese? The sole reason it exists is to melt

It's cheap.

the fuck is pasteurized process topping and pink slime what are you even talking about

leave my non debt paying buddy alone
greece makes some awesome cheese

of course, most of the rest of europe makes better cheese

Pink slime is in all of your hamburgers

They don't have to label it

I use shredded cheddar and jack for recipes or toppings on baked dishes or whatever.

For eating actual cheese, my favorites are jarlsburg, huntsman, havarti, and gouda.

They improved the design

Now it melts

>Pink slime is in all of your hamburgers

Of course it is. Even the ones that we make ourselves, using raw meat from the store.

Now, why are you avoiding my question?

>Pasteurized Process Topping
Because it's cheap. Shit is gross by itself, but it's passable on a sandwich if melted.
>Mechanically Separated Meat
Cheap food for people who don't like cooking, almost all of it is microwave food
>pink slime
That's nonsense, you won't find that shit outside of a jail/prison

For anyone who's actually curious, I googled a bit and discovered that this "pasteurized process topping" stuff is basically a dollar-store 'cheese substitute' made from starch and soy.

Pretending that this is something that actual (white) Americans eat is a comfortable delusion if you're an idiot, and an amusing (if temporarily confusing) mid-day distraction if you were born with both halves of your brain (something which doesn't describe even one [1] inhabitant of the island of Greece).

>mfw clubbing baby cows in front of moo momma

>sun dried tomatoes
most americans are lactose intolerant

this sunny acres shit is to be avoided at ALL COSTS
My friend who always buys cheap shit got the crackers they make and half the ingredients list is about the fungal enzymes they use. IN CRACKERS

WTF where did you hear that? Dont fkn tell Wisconsin

It doesn't melt tho.

I have never even seen that in the stores. We generally buy shredded cheese.

Here I was thinking it was basically shredded Kraft singles, which are still gross af

That's from a fucking dollar store.... it's fucking nigger good, you fucking Turkish rape baby

Fuck man are you serious? I thought that if we make out own patty mix with the ground beef from the store we were good.

As far as I know this sort of thing is only really in fast food.

Then theres gubmint cheese which is ekshully real but looked down on

Nope, some faggot from the internet said otherwise, so, you know...I guess we have to believe him.

Fake news.

>Pasteurized prepared cheese product
>Pasteurized prepared topping
Raised in Great Lakes region, have lived in west coast and in Dixie land; have never heard of unmeltable cheese... That would start a fight anywhere I know of.

this.

no fucking wonder I havent heard of OPs cheese fucking shit is from $1 tree

if you want to see some really disgusting shit
go here
youtube.com/results?search_query=dollar tree food
fuckers do reviews of these shit tier dog shit products that are basically from china. NO ONE buys this shit and those who do are probably kikes trying to pench every penny they can get and look like they came straight from auschwitz with typhus

I bet if you ate shit like this all the time you'd come down with some kind of sickness
youtube.com/watch?v=ySYdvcTAofI

It's literally just finely ground beef with the fat removed by heat and centrifuging.

It's not some magical chemical process. They warm beef trimmings up 110F, grind them into very fine paste, then put it in a centrifuge to spin out any liquid and fat.

To disinfect it afterwords, they add some citric acid (the stuff that makes lemons sour).

I don't get why that's scary to you.
I've seen weirder shit in molecular gastronomy.

>Why do Americans eat "Pasteurized Process Topping" instead of cheese?
Because it taste good, and It's as much cheese as any other cheese, whether you like it or not.
>Why do they eat "Mechanically Separated Meat" - which actually contains very little meat and is mostly non-meat tissue, instead of actual meat?
Because it tastes good.
>Why do they eat "Pink Slime", which has seen its sales triple in the last couple of years?
Because It's cheaper and it tastes good.
>I even saw an article cheering that this 4th of July hamburger prices were the lowest in years - due to the use of "pink slime" instead of real meat.
Changing the texture doesn't make it fake meat. Pink slime is as real as any other meat, and it tastes good.

Here's one for you; Why do Eurocucks care so much about what Americans do, when Americans don't even know are care that you exist?

it's a good argument against having hundreds of millions of people in a profit oriented food industry.

you get a lot of low quality garbage.

because there is a large segment of our population that has never left the yummy phase

but do not be fooled, there are plenty of Americans who do not eat that trash and there is a healthy culture (kek) of high quality cheesemaking alive and well in Wisconsin, the Northeast, and California

what exactly is pink slime anyway?

>mfw my mom is from WI and lactose intolerant and didn't figure it out until she was over 50

>Now Melts!

Pink slime is basically cuts of meat from around organs that are possibly contaminated by bacteria. It's grounded very finely and sanitized with ammonia gas so that It's safe to eat. It is the lowest quality meat you can safely consume, absolutely nigger tier, but there's a lot of unjust fear mongering surrounding it.

Uncommon in the USA but plenty of it

Queso Blanco is fryable can find in hispanic sections of grocery. Paneer is usually homemade, imake it with any milk thats creeping up on its sell by date.

Am*rican mongrels eat this kind of food because it is cheaper and easier to prepare.

>Pink slime is basically cuts of meat from around organs that are possibly contaminated by bacteria. It's grounded very finely and sanitized with ammonia gas so that It's safe to eat. It is the lowest quality meat you can safely consume, absolutely nigger tier, but there's a lot of unjust fear mongering surrounding it.

that's completely false.

It's cuts of beef, and ONLY beef that were trimmed off when making primal cuts for sale.
It does not come from "organs", meat is MUSCLE, muscles do not attach to fucking organs. They attach to bones. Do you even know how muscles work?
Do you think that when you flex your six pack your organs are being pulled by your muscles? You fucking retard.

No, the meat scrap meat left over from cutting big unwieldy cuts into attractive cooking cuts.

When you portion a cow flank into flank steak, you might get like a dozen nice ones, and one measly one that would never sell, so you toss that one into the scrap pile, or you get a bunch of meat left over on a bone that can't be cut off into a big enough piece to sell or grind into proper burger. Maybe it has too much gristle or fat.

So, you process a dozen cows and you end up with a big fucking bin full of scrap meat. It's all edible, and just as fine as the rest of the meat, but you can't sell it, and it's too fatty or gristly for hamburger.

You can either sell it as dog food, or make it into "pink slime" or throw it away.

The "pink slime" process is they throw all the meat into a big industrial grinder that it operating at 110F, it heats the meat up, but not enough to cook it. Just enough to render the fat and soften the gristle into gelatin.

After its all ground up, you throw the mess into a centrifuge and spin it to pull out all the fat and gelatin you can.

The remaining mess is the pink goo.

Because it's been at 110F for a while, it might be infected by bacteria. Bacteria love warm, wet things, so it needs to be disinfected.
(1/2)

(2/2)
There are two ways to do this:
Ammonia Hydroxide and Citric Acid.

Citric Acid makes the beef sour, like lemons.

Ammonia Hydroxide sounds scary, but most meat is treated this way. Cheese is treated with this to start the culture. Milk has it naturally.
reuters.com/article/us-food-ammonia-idUSBRE8331B420120404

Ammonia Hydroxide evaporates. Properly prepared pink slime doesn't have any notable ammonia in it.

Dumb people are scared of big science words.

Only niggers eat that shit.

Society is moving in two directions. Can you not feel it? The polarizaton?

The people that cannot pay attention to details. They eat anything, accept any political policy without question, never question pop (((science))), oh vey race mixing means hybrid vigor!, obese, casual sex, drug use, hiv, minimum wage, no exercise.

They don't think. They just consume.

>buying groceries at the dollar store

American chicken isn't legal in Europe.

I said cuts of meat from AROUND organs, there is some muscles in your body that press against your organs, yes, for example, your abdominal muscles. Anyways, I read up on pink slime several years ago, and I got the gist of it right; finely ground low quality pieces of meat that are possibly contaminated with bacteria.

This is my favorite thread today. Great bantz from Greece and I learbed so many things about industrial food. Pink slime, process product toppings.

I only knew about xantham gum idk who dreamt up using that shit in food.

A good way to troll notmies is to tell them 'taurine' is an industry term for bull semen.

These days all the beta males turned body builders will guzzle anything they think will raise their test.

She needs to bleach her asshole

This is a boomer issue. They o ly cared about good deals, thus even at the expense of health or tasty food they learned to enjoy nasty things. The younger generations generally appreciate real food. The most basic cheese i buy is tilimook mild cheddar for tacos. And by tacos i mean 100% turkey or beef.

and canadian lumber isnt legal in america. whats your point? have you ever heard of isolationist trade laws?

and now imported light trucks aren't legal in the US
I JUST WANT A NEW FORD RANGER THAT ISN'T AS BIG AS AN F150

>be me
>always buy high quality stuff
>decide to be a jew and save money
>instead of getting the mozzerella I normally do
>grab ".pssst" brand "cheese" instead
>didnt realize it was plastic
>most disgusting shit I have ever eaten
>dairy isn't even an ingredient
>sat there at the customer service desk and read all the ingredients and asked how they can call this shit cheese without it having any dairy
>got my fucking money back