Did an Echo Call 911 During a Domestic Assault? Amazon Says No

>No no goyim, the amazon Echo can only be activated by saying her name
>she doesnt listen to you at all times
>you have to set the Echo up to be able to call 911!
msn.com/en-us/news/crime/did-an-echo-call-911-during-a-domestic-assault-amazon-says-no/ar-BBEfmeS?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartandhp

Never put one in your home.
Literally just a microphone for the NSA

The NSA is your friend, citizen. They fight for your freedom.

But you have nothing don't you? Surely having a microphone in your house is no big deal if you don't break the law!

"nothing to hide" is what you meant to say. also, why doesn't anyone say "checked" or "digits" anymore? we can't talk about post ID doubles and triples? is it a rule now or something? what happened to all that super focused number based meme magic?

regardless of the big brother issue, it's good that 911 got involved. physical abuse in relationships is cancerous to all involved and often goes under the radar because the offended party feels threatened or too afraid to report.

So is your iPhone, iPad, computer and soon with the IoT, your refrigerator, coffee pot, and boiler.

maybe they accidentally said "echo" during the assault, like "hey bitch im gonna slap you so hard it'll echo across the city", or something like that

Sup Forums hasn't been the same since the election, I still cant put my finger on what caused the change

we got what we wanted, in the real world.

i agree, it hasn't been the same. except i did enjoy april 1st with /mlpol/ because all the shills and bots went away for the day. also, i'm a closet horsefucker.

Your light bulb could be turned into a microphone remotely back in the 80s

You don't stand a chance citizen

We got too much attention from the great meme war. Go hang out on /k/ for a while, let things cool off.

>never put a microphone in your home
>has a cellphone with him at all times

i shygddt

>/k/
Fuck off, we're full.

t. has a smartphone and smart TV.

Shit like this is everywhere. Just went to olive garden and noticed they put in interactive menu tablets that you have to pay on if you don't have cash. There's cameras and a mic. Literally no reason to have these things other than to record you and your conversation at dinner.

So if I read the article correctly Alexa can only place a call if both people have Alexa?

What good is using Alexa to make a call if most of your contacts aren't using an echo? While I have no interest in one in the first place, it makes it more useless if I can only use it to call 4 people.

You don't have anything to hide do you, why are you wearing clothes then ?

Problem is allot of the iot devices aren't very secure with factory default password. Meaning a hacker can easily get into it, then if they listen at the right time they can get information while you call to pay bills, or do anything where you say personal information.

Say they are listening when you call to pay your gas bill, now they have your credit card number and that verification number on the back.

The problem isn't just the government is listening, anyone could be listening.

fag

Stop posting SMshit.

use cash

Yeah, well they could tap your phone.
And waiters in restaurants can copy your credit card number.
My credit card company just gives me a new card if I see any unauthorized charges.
You guys are smoking too much dope.