Why do Christians think that the Bible is peaceful? How will they ever recover from this?

Why do Christians think that the Bible is peaceful? How will they ever recover from this?

Matthew 10:34:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"Thou shalt not kill"

wtf I hate the violent bible now.

> Why do Christians think that the Bible is peaceful?
Because they're easily brainwashed and/or easily led to believe pretty much anything. Being a Christian alone already implies this.

Now show how many words are in the Bible vs the koran

Luke 22:36 "If you don't have a sword, sell your clothes and buy a sword".

>christianity is cucked!
>christianity is violent!

LOL CHRISTIANS BTFO

but, but muh peaceful religion... ;(

Qu'ran: 78,000 words
Bible: 783,000 words

Apples to Apples, goyi-er I mean guys!

>counting occurances of a word in a document while completely ignoring the context
I can't believe people are dumb enough for this shit.

Typical deception that conveniently ignores all the most violent passages are the ones in the books that kikes adhere more to.

70,000 words - Quran
780,000 words - King James Bible

Really makes u think huh

Not peace but a sword, the Word is sharper than any double edged sword that cuts through marrow and bone.

This bait is trash but I'll bite. The Sword He spoke about was the Word, the Word (God's Word of salvation, the life of Christ and the salvation that came in His death) cuts through the self centred, egotistical, and corrupt life. His words when understood cause an immense amount of internal struggle between the flesh and the spirit. This conviction of Truth which opposes our hedonistic and materialistic lifestyles is what He is refering to as 'not bringing Peace'. When you encounter the living, breathing God of this world. Who breathes out stars, severs the chains of depravity and has conquered all evil it leaves you broken and astonished at how far you are away from Him. However the beauty of the gospel, is that there is hope and when you live in Christ, die to self, and cling to the upperward calling there is life and that life is not only eternal but satisfies your soul.

I respect Christianity as the only religion to have honesty as one of the most important commandments. Most others seem to support lying to outgroups as opposed to becoming successful on their own.

The pacification of Christianity is the enslavement of the West.

read the context in which these words are said: sword not to kill people or things, but to cut ties of family and friendship so that Jesus' followers (specifically the apostles in this chapter) will care for God alone.

this is a counter-example to what he says: you should not have anything (any possessions etc) since otherwise you will need a sword to protect yourself and your possessions.

fucking heretics all of you.
I'm a orthodox jew btw.

Car accident in us : over millions
Car accident in Switzerland: hundreds

Why can't Americans drive ?

Christians always twist the meanings in the Bible to suit their own lazy agender.

Fuck you mohammed

>comparing a country with a population less than that of some American cities to the entirety of the American population.
10/10

- BLESSED ARE YOU, O' LORD, TEACH ME YOUR STATUTES -

>implying the bible isn't a considerably longer text
>implying the majority of those violent terms aren't old testament
>implying the new testament isn't about the life and teachings of christ
>implying christ ever encouraged the wanton slaughter of non-believers
>implying those words can't be prefixed with peaceful qualifying terms like 'thou shalt not'

That's his point, though.
The Qu'ran has a tenth of the words of the bible.
I think around 70000 for the Quran vs 730000 for the Bible. It's not exactly an equal comparison.

>Matthew 5
He said:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

fpbp

Regarding the picture:
>Burn, Fire, Hell, Punish, Torture
I see no problem with these words, it's the hard truth that these exist

>Fear, Terror, Horrify, Terrify, Anger, other bad feelings
The Bible tells you that God will ward you from these feelings and that you should avoid them a lot, that's why they appear so much, see the context

>Attack, Battle, Fight, Force, War, Invade, Oppress, Raid, Violence, Destroy, Kill, Murder, Slay
See the context. It often talks about your enemies trying to kill you, or "don't use violence".

As for your post

Context, once again. Jesus was talking about how he wouldn't bring peace, but rather conflict, since people would fight among themselves because of their faith.

They are literally killing themselves and other people over a pamphlet.

Which religion currently has a fundamentalist sect trying to establish a theocratic nation and killing people who try to escape from it?

Unlike Islam, Christianity has gone through reformation. Nobody really follows the bible to a tee anymore, but the moral to be good is implied.

HOWEVER, if you want to play retarded games then we can just be truthful. Islam isn't violent because of some book. Islam is violent because the people that practice it are low IQ sand niggers.

Atheist North Korea

Example of bad words being used without really expressing danger towards others

Psalm 91 (my favorite)
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

“Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Jehovah's Witness.

You know Christ wasn't around for the Old Testament, right? That was the jews

"It is by their fruits that yes shall know them"

What

Jesus approves the Old Testament though. Careful when trying to discard it like that.

>agender

Did you assume my gender just now?

>breathes out stars
So you're saying God is a supernova that poops planetary nebulae?

He respected the traditions,but his message was not Jewish. He was not of the Jewish tradition, at best he was a descendant of an essene family

Most of those are probably from the Jew part. But then again, it's all Jew parts.

Symbolism and metaphors.

Example: Revelations mentions that a snake made of fire will come to Earth when the time comes. It's commonly agreed that this is a metaphor for a meteor, not a literal fire snake.

I doubt it.

Matthew 15:3
>He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

Doesn't seem like a big fan of traditions

No its metaphor. It's a style of language used to accentuate and illustrate the characteristics of something.

>Total of hard words
>Qur'an: 1148
>Bible: 10,007

I'm saging.

To be fair the Bible is a MUCH larger book so this is stupid.

Enough with the desert religions. Everyone knows they are trash and violent and filled with lies to make subservient people. Pagan or Buddhism is the way to go.

now show the length of the quran compared to the length of the bible

Not mention the Koran considers itself an addendum to the Old Testament, so all those mean words are part of Islam as well.

Are you a reptilian?

nobody thinks the bible is peaceful.

but how many christians have blown themselves up in the last 10 years?

Does that list include Old Testament?

Bible isnt all love and peace, but its not Christians killing people worldwide right now

If Christians were violent, Atheist fags would shut the fuck up, thats why they only target Christians and are scared to speak out against Muslims

Bible had 10x the amount of words that the Quran has yet only about 2x the negative words as the Quran. Not only this the Bible uses those words most often to describe the children of Ishmael and Esau which is how the Bible describes Muslims. The Quran most often uses those words to denote commands that followers should do to unbelievers.

>Quran is less than total words
>Surprised when bible has more words

How many Christians have bombed people with their drones over the past decade? Thousands.

Look them up.

whoever made this meme needs to be put down.

Don't be stupid.

You know if the positions were switched and the Muslims had the weapons we had Europe would be enslaved by Islam. Our governments are there not because of our countries major religions but for political resource power games.

lol

Are you saying that the sand niggers shouldn't be exterminated.

post the undoctored version next time..

B T F O

saved.