Woah. So THIS is the power of Millennials

Woah. So THIS is the power of Millennials.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/avocado-restaurant-brooklyn/story?id=46614253
youtube.com/watch?v=ijQIJAK0NFA
census.gov/construction/nrs/pdf/uspricemon.pdf
ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/AWI.html
fortune.com/2017/03/29/millennials-income-chart/
businessinsider.com/millennial-median-wage-map-2016-11
businessinsider
archive.is/FTXQM
youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic
google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/15/australian-millionaire-millennials-avocado-toast-house
news.com.au/lifestyle/food/drink/meet-the-avolatte-its-literally-coffee-in-a-piece-of-rubbish/news-story/5db6cdb92ed5965221b614073596f245
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A billion fucking things I can do with avocado, why the hell would I put it on toast? I love that shit, but that combination is a sin.

Here check this shit out abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/avocado-restaurant-brooklyn/story?id=46614253

Yes there is some toasted bread, but at least there's other fixings.

>I love that shit, but that combination is a sin.
You should kill yourself.

How Portlandia.

youtube.com/watch?v=ijQIJAK0NFA

it says something to how fucking beaten down millennials are that they can't even smear vegetables on bread without the media shitting all over them

literally what the fuck is wrong with it faggot

It's not some great food sin that's bullshit

The fuck is avocado toast?

Some kind of Mexican burger.

I love me some review bra

>want shelter?
>dont buy food
September 23rd can't come any quicker

What are they trying to say here? You'll never own a house if you keep buying bread and avocados?

>It's not some great food sin that's bullshit

No, this is.

Boomers are a fucking cancer and need to retire and die already. Stop shitting all over millennials.

t. Born in 1986

Some faggot millionaire think spending $6 a day on a meal is equivalent to owning and maintaining a house.

Kinda true though, millenials spend retarded amounts of money on health-food

Faggot millionaire with extremely poor performance who got handed the modern equivalent of $2m to get started, too.

I think it's more about them paying someone else to do it for them. And come on, if you order a two ingredient item instead of just making yourself you are fucking terrible at life. If you are traveling okay, you gotta do what you gotta do, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

That being said, no, it probably isn't going to save you enough to buy a house. I figure the guy was making a point that young people waste money on frivolous things and that was just his hyperbolic example, but either way I think he makes a valuable point.

OI CUNT that stuff is a delicacy.

That is better than you'd think.

Now I feel wierd because the only thing I use avacado for is guac

forget avocados

has anyone else noticed the prices of citruses doubling in the past few months?

5 navel oranges now cost me $3.40 at wallyworld when it cost just $1.65 in the spring.

It's past your bedtime, Jeb!

wow a 6 month article made to distract

definite no slide plz keep posting thx

dont sage this its not jewish at all

>tfw you keep buying useless shit from china instead of saving it

FUCKING Millennials and the overindulgent luxuries such as 'Vegetation smeared on cooked bread'
When will they start growing up and buying diamonds!

What the "millionaire" (lol... does that even MEAN ANYTHING nowadays?!?!) meant was...

>GO buy an Avocado for $0.95
>Go buy a loaf of whole grain bread for $2.50
>Mash Avocado and place on toast with salt, pepper and a squirt of lemon wedge
>Eat fucktons of Avocado-Toast for less than $4

But instead they go to
>Le Trendy Hipster Cafe #42069
and pay $8.50 for a slice of toast with 1/16 of an avocado smeared onto it.

They deserve their misery. I cook for myself and my wife is even better at it than I (and I'm no scrub when it comes to making food!)

We eat 5-star tier meals MORNING-NOON & NIGHT and only spend about $350 per month on food for myself, her and our two kids.

Hipster faggots don't even have kids but somehow spend 7 times more per month on food while also being malnourished!! Amazing! Sad! ...GAY!

Its ironic that avocados actually increase your testosterone.

its not that bad, although you should turn it into a sandwich

Avocado's are about $1, lets exaggerate and say $2. I buy like 1 a week. But not every week. So maybe 3/2 of the time I have one.

52 weeks in a year, 2/3 of that is 34.6, rounded to 35.

I've been moved out and paying for my groceries for a while, but only had a job where I wasn't eating bags of beans and pasta since 2012. So, 5 years, x 35 weeks each.

This greatly exaggerates the amount of avocados I have purchased. Now that I think about it, it's closer to one a month and that covers my wife and I.

But fuck it, 5 x 35 x 2. In my entire life, a dramatic over estimate in both price and frequency says I have spent about $350 on Avocados.

A New 4/2 home in my area runs for $479,000, My net worth is about $138k including retirement accounts and I am told I am among the top performing millennials.

Meanwhile, when faggot boomers bought their house in the 60's, the new home price was under $17,200 and average yearly income was around $4,396. A master's in Engineering could easily make over $8000 per year.

A house was roughly 2-4x income.

today, the average new home price is $406,000 but average income is only $52,000. For a Master's it's only $70,000

This is home prices that are 6-8x normal salaries, yet millennials are the worst paid and least employed of all generations, so we are far from national average salary. Most states Millennials earn about $22k, and new homes cost about 20x that.

So no, $350 in fucking toast isn't going to make me a god damn home owner.

Fuck the race war, can we just purge the old boomers? We could talk blacks into letting us do it by saying it's mostly racist old white rich men. Damn the consequences, we deserve revenge. It makes me sick that these old bastards get to retire on a growing housing market that is going to leave us destitute and homeless.

I hate boomers more than any other group, they sold us out and blame us for everything while outsourcing the jobs and demonizing the Unions they got to benefit from.

Remove avocado toasties

Sources
Housing price by month
census.gov/construction/nrs/pdf/uspricemon.pdf

Average income by year
ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/AWI.html

Millennials income by state
fortune.com/2017/03/29/millennials-income-chart/

businessinsider.com/millennial-median-wage-map-2016-11

Bush family seeking vengeance as we speak

my stores sells avocados 2 for 3$, am i being ripped off

Why not archive?

>businessinsider com/millennial-median-wage-map-2016-11
archive.is/FTXQM

>taking figurative statements literally and then "arguing against them" factually because you took it personally...

[autism intensifies]

And I meant 2/3s of the time I have an Avocado, which I realize is a huge overestimate.

Funnier then it has any right to be

ARCHIVES BELONG TO THE NORDS!!

Good job bot-friend! Keep those fractional shekeles away from the jews 'jew-geld' pouch!

So, avocados is what's causing house prices to constantly go up?

Get fucked, porky. We're coming for your undeserved millions and we're giving the people all the avocado toast they need.

Mom said I can stay up as late as I want! I was a governor!

Considering that avocados are only able to grow in certain climates and they are only supposed to be available seasonally, I would say you are getting a good deal.

No that's about right, I'd pay a buck fifty for a good avocado

>can't buy a loaf of bread for cheaper than one slice of toast
>can't buy vegetables out of season when they're cheaper
Have fun wasting six bucks on a snack cuck

yeah theyre out of season now

It makes sense though.
On the one hand, a lot of millennials complain that they don't have money.
On the other hand, those same people spend $20 a day on Starbucks and $50 a week on luxury meals outside of breakfast lunch and dinner.
Then they spend $5 to $10 a month on the gym so they can work off all that sugar from Starbucks, instead of just riding a bicycle and not drinking the damn sugar in the first place.

I've always stuck by one simple rule: never spend more than you personally have. My first bank account opened when I was 16.
I always dealt with cash up to that point so the rule was rather enforced if I wanted to spend big from time to time.
Something tells me those people who'd rather spend money on avocado toast than a roof over their head didn't learn that lesson.

PS: it helps that I don't desire much.

The entire argument is stupid. Some fat rich boomer is going to tell me I spend too much on food and that's why I can't buy a house? The costs are off by several orders of magnitude.

>On the other hand, those same people spend $20 a day on Starbucks and $50 a week on luxury meals outside of breakfast lunch and dinner.
>Then they spend $5 to $10 a month on the gym so they can work off all that sugar from Starbucks, instead of just riding a bicycle and not drinking the damn sugar in the first place.
I know a lot of millennials and I only know one person like that - my brother. He's on the stock market though and doing pretty well. He's also not complaining.

>Some fat rich boomer is going to tell me I spend too much on food and that's why I can't buy a house?

No, because you read a headline that paraphrases the fuck out of what he said you are getting triggered. Avocado toast was one of like 10 different decadent things he mentioned that millennials buy instead of saving money, things like traveling all over the world and going to expensive clubs. He was saying that you need to SAVE EVERY POSSIBLE PENNY to become rich.

Avocados cost like 2 quarters here in Idaho. How the fuck are they decadent?

They are decadent when you buy them at Le-Hipster Organic bar and Poetry Slam that sells them for $8 a slice.

It is what it sounds like you dense mofo.

>too dumb to understand the simple concept of not overspending

you'll always be poor nigger

Right? This coming from the fucking crisco and lucky charms generation, he assholes who made coke and McDonald's household names and now we get to pay for their Medicaid and their social security. So fucking sorry to put the healthiest miracle food on earth on a piece of bread, the most basic staple that's the reason we're all here basically. Slaughter all the Boomers.

>apologizing for baby boomer jealousy of the youth

Gen Z is next, prepare for a slew of articles about how being under 20 literally means you are hitler

Wtf I hate America now

A proper sandwich is fine, nothing but bread is a waste of potential.

i fucking ring avacados out in the self check out as yellow bannanas

youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic

Stop eating avacado.

Gen-Z has been portrayed in a very positive light so far. There aren't any articles trying to set them straight as far as I know.

If you're Gen Z, you probably aren't aware that baby boomers did not pull this shit with Gen X.

I love cookies!

>Could it be that America is a socially ass backwards place that incentivizes single mothers and produces fuckups with 5 digit debts that'll never help them?
>No! The kids are just spending too much time eating this very specific, very weird dish.
I don't even like avacado, or guacamole. It's just bland gunk.

why? here we eat that everyday, its our national treasure.

>Totally missed the point of the article.

It uses the idea that a very cost ineffective "trendy" thing is no where to put your future money. Unfortunately he underestimated the literacy of his targets.

[nigger detected]

You clearly:
A) can not read
and
B) can not differentiate LITERAL from FIGURATIVE (aka. "analogous") language

go be a nigger someplace else... Sup Forums's shitty enough right now with all these shit-eating faggot shills

I haven't eaten avocados in years.

Where's my house?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about fairy bread you little cunt

It wouldn't matter if Millennials overspent on cheap things by hundreds of percent. House prices have outstripped and continue to outgrow wages by such a large amount, that even the down payment takes years to save up for. This is especially for folks under 35.

Back in the day a house was only a couple times salary and almost every guy had a solid job. Now, it's 20x salary and we have shit jobs and unemployment can strike any time. We don't have unions, none that are worth shit anyway, and no one fights for our wages. Millennial wage has actually gone down over time and unemployment with our group has gone up, all while our costs are through the roof.

Saying we over spend is as stupid as saying "Generation Z can't afford to live in million dollar tents because they don't take a penny from the coin things at gas stations."

It's so out of touch lv 100.

These boomers think they know the value of a dollar, but we know it hundreds of times better. I've had paychecks for a week's work, that after fines and hour cuts, was only $54, and in a world where my rent was in the thousands. People that could walk out of highschool and get the equivalent of a $120k job today, just because labor unions and factories were everywhere.... Then they vote to destroy these things, outsource everything, then complain that we're overspending our pennies.

I've already bought a condo, as long as property is growing you can't afford not to buy in. I flipped it and make a huge profit selling to some chink. It made more money than my job as an engineer for a big defense company. I am now doubling down and putting all of my income into down payments and mortgages to rent and flip. I am in the top 5% of earners for people under 35 and I am still only about 30% the income to house price ratio that my father had at the same age. It should not be this hard to catch up. those of us that do catch up have to work harder than any boomer ever did.

You cocksucking faggots, 1 POST BY THIS ID.
Stop bumping the thread. It has no link, or relevancy to this board.
Watching this board is like watching retarded people have a(n) orgy. You dumb fucks gravitate to the dumbest shit. Monkeys fucking footballs is all that's posted here anymore.
>you can stop bumping the thread by replying sage in the options field.

You guys are fucking retards. What he probably said was "If you want to buy a house, stop spending so much money on ridiculous things like avocado toast"

That image has reddit written all over it, back to the burger factory with you.

>bread not toasted at all

you're doing it wrong. You need the heavy browing reactions of toasting to get ANY flavor in that dish. you want to cook the toast to the line before burnt. in fact if you look at it and you think "hey this maybe, just might, could be burned," then it's perfect.

dont mash the avocados, wtf would you mash eat, you have fucking teeth, slice that shit. lightly salt it and top with some pico de gallo and cilantro micro green with kefir lime zest microplaned on top...

fuck add some chili threads if you feel posh or some shit.

So I heard that this was a one post by ID thread.

faggot

ive never ate avocado before what does it taste like

I swear to god one of your lard ass Americans is talking shit about fairy bread, I will murder all your families, Hiroshima and niggersaki every one of your cities, send a horde of Australian rice farmers to commit genocide on your whole nation, you're all maggots, prepare your anooses

That looks delicious

Isn't the avocado a fruit?

>stop eating fast food and you'll have enough for a motorcycle or car!
>stop eating hipster stuff and you'll have enough to afford a house!

this is some shit my parents would say, it doesn't make it true with todays market being total shit

I have already explained this in further comments like 3 times. You're a massive faggot. Click someone's ID to see their posts before randomly replying to one. This is a discussion, not randomly jump in and post whatever.

The advice we are being given would only save hundreds to thousands of dolalrs and sometimes over years. It's out of touch because the house prices I showed, that kind of money made a difference in buying homes when they were young because homes were 15,000-30,000. A down payment was only a few thousand dollars.

Today, a down payment on an average new home is $81,200, it would take several lifetimes of cutting back on groceries and eating out to save that much.

The problem is, even if most people in our generation never had to eat or pay rent, it would take several years for the average millennial to even afford a down payment.

In the time it takes us to earn enough for a down payment, boomers were able to completely own the house.

Home prices are up over 600% since the 80's but income is only up 7%

This ratio gets worse and worse the further back you go. That trend is the goddamn problem. It's going to leave our kid's generation in trailers even if they work above average jobs.

Yeah why don't millennials go buy a house with a sale price equal to a quarter of their gross annual household income like their parents did and then sell it to the Chinese real estate speculators instead of keeping it in the family like their parents did. Sheesh.

Looks like a shit patty

>stop eating fast food and you'll have enough for a motorcycle or car!
This is actually kind of true for me. I work next to a McD's and I spend a lot on food there.

Do you have any relevancy, link, new information or some wild pitch on how your two year old thread has any bearing to a politically incorrect board?
NO? obviously not, f a g g o t.
What is your point in all of this other than to post outdated shit?

fairy bread is shit mate, freddos are tops

google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/15/australian-millionaire-millennials-avocado-toast-house

Turn that to frog in pond and we're in buisness

>not a spider
when do you leave for china?

news.com.au/lifestyle/food/drink/meet-the-avolatte-its-literally-coffee-in-a-piece-of-rubbish/news-story/5db6cdb92ed5965221b614073596f245
Not to mention this

Only with bundy root beer

Don't you fucking start shit, I'll wreck yah you cunt.

Check'd

It's a fucking fruit you fucking retard

That works, although I'm more of a creaming soda man.

Fuck you and your fairy bread you little poof.

Yeah yeah nah you're alright but ur a shit cunt

Keep in mind in Sydney a very average older house in the outer suburbs goes for over 1million AUD which is 770k USD and this is basically as a minimum.

You can also get a 2 bedroom apartment for maybe 1/3 less than a house.

>root beer

Burger detected.