Megachurches and Heretics

Megachurches:

>pastors usually teach a gospel of prosperity against what Christ teaches
>always taking in vast amounts of money for pastor’s homes, salaries, jets, etc…
>usually teach some distortion of the gospel so that people are focused on money rather than the Kingdom of God
>promote heresies so they don’t lose funding (Joel Osteen saying homosexuality is not “God’s best”)
>when they get exposed for money grubbing the media use them to slander Christianity

What is Sup Forums’s opinion of megachurches? Does anyone here go to one that doesn’t serve money? Only one I have heard of that I respect is First Dallas with Robert Jeffress.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Luz_del_Mundo
youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic
youtu.be/7y1xJAVZxXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are a big meme. Useful idiots follow them like ants see sugar.

>Megachurch "Christians" spend thousands of dollars on fake rock faces, trees, and even a painted sky
>Pagans just go outside

It's for middle-class fatties who need someone to whisper sweet nothings into their ears. In other words: it's bullshit.

Megachurches and other large pseudo-cults are a danger to civilized society.
The only true way to follow a religion is to follow it alone.

Mega church services are Christian themed concerts with a light show. It's not worship, it's entertainment.

I went to church with a friend when I was a kid and it was like that, with the song and the projection of the lyrics, except it was a small church. I found it very fun and moving at the time but I didn't learn anything about Christianity that day.

They're satanic fronts. They preach a watered down version of the gospel while the preachers fill their personal coffers and live a degenerate lifestyle

This. Anything loved by the world is garbage.

>they're satanic fronts

Post some more information on this topic.

Beware preaches preaching for profit.

Our church and school were run by Franciscans

It all started with this guy. In the span of 30 years American Protestantism was transformed into a Zionist cult. I can't stress enough that most modern Protestantism is a very recent construction. The so called "Reformed" churches reject this subversive heretic.

Read 'Be Wise as Serpents', by Fritz Springmeier. In one passage, he recalls how it was determined that Billy Graham was an agent of the Illuminati. Their wife casually told someone that he sleeps with his eyes open. This is a unique trait of having a split personality.

As an amoral atheist, how can I start my own megachurch and have fairy-tale believing morons send me tons of tax free cash I use to snort coke off underage hookers asses on my yacht anchored near my private island in the Caribbean?

Pol is a collective hivemind of failed individuals who come together over something basic as skin color. They are losers, and from this resentment escalates racism and other garbage ideologies. I look forward to war, as an upper class citizen, to purge America of whiney losers, both black and white, whom of which have no respect for the work and cultivation that defines the individual.

Just check this big bad baby, this is in Jalisco state:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Luz_del_Mundo

KYS, shill.

>le race is just skin color meme

I went to jury duty with him and there was this bum who kept screaming Satan when we walked to the courthouses.

Megachurches deserve to burn. They're fucking disgusting.

Are mega churches even a thing anymore. I got the impression that religion is dead in the US since around 2010

youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic

>Matthew 14:13-21Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

>13 When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities. 14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

>15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals. 16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat. 17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes. 18 He said, Bring them hither to me. 19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. 20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full. 21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

>5000 men
>PLUS women and children

>Jesus preaches and feeds when ~25,000 shows up.
>Rails against mega-church

Not all, but most of these preachers make their money via books and /or other investment vehicles. Churches are pretty much a break-even venture at best.

Money is the root of all evil.
Ministers and priests must live ascetic lives or be swallowed by corruption.

I don't know what' sso hard to understand about this.

I remember one time when I was younger that I went to a church in Florida and the preacher gave one hell of a sermon on how communism was the ultimate enemy of society and Christianity. It fucking red pilled the hell outta me.

Christ never preached against being rich. Though he did call out fraudsters who loved money more than people.

Protestantism in general was a mistake.

Joel Osteen is a Jew

Not quite, Leaf. The love of money, not money itself.

>1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Protestants in general seem like shit.

"again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

i am not even religious but i dont like mega churches or people who use religion as a mask while they are a shitty person if youre going to be religious atleast follow the rules

Way to miss the point entirely. It's not the act of preaching to or converting a large amount of people that's the problem. It's preaching notorious heresies and being an unrepentant hypocrite.

youll regret it when youre roasting in hell

"Religion is a defense against the religious experience" - Jung

Central Christian Church, Las Vegas, >25,000 members
Grew up in the church, from back when it was semi small (mid 90's ~5,000 members)
Dont go anymore cuz lazy
Pastor is cool dude, Jud Wilhite.
Far as I know, he lives in a normal 2 story, single family home, no jet, no ferrari.
Always takes time to speak to any parishioners.
And the church works massively behind the scenes int he community (homeless, veterans, Hurrican Katrina, etc)

I honestly don't regard "Christian Zionists" as Christians in any real sense. It's sad, since many of them are well-meaning and deluded, but they are practicing a weird non-Christian cultic religion rather than Christianity itself.

Megachurch pastors like Joel Osteen use their position to acquire book deals and speaking engagements. They make their money that way. The real evil ones are the guys who want you to spend $1,000 to "plant a seed" that will grow their money,

all is possible with god, and it probably meant rope due to a translation error as in ancient hebrew camel and rope can be confusing in translation. however that passage in context was Christ asking a rich roman to go on an adventure with him and leave his wealth behind.

Context, Leaf. Context.

>Matthew 19:16-17 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

>None good but God.
Haughty rich kid shows up and tries to flatter Jesus. Jesus calls him out. Only God knows the heart and motives of a man.

Jesus also called out the knowledgeable religious elites.
>Matthew 21:31(b) Jesus saith unto them (chief priests and the elders of the people), Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

As someone raised in small-town conservative sound doctrine church, I honestly think people who willingly go against the Bible to attend a church like that are slaves.

>who come together over something basic as skin color
first day here huh
Sup Forums is diverse as fuck, we even have agentinians that post here.

I agree user.

And the rich Roman leaves disappointed, unable to part with his worldly treasures to walk along God himself.

I've always understood it as simply having a lot money isn't necessarily a sin but the process of accumulating vast wealth typically involves actions that render us unwilling to walk aside God, just like that rich Roman.

places like Texas (and generally everywhere not liberal) have thriving religious communities here.

>Not all, but most of these preachers make their money via books and /or other investment vehicles. Churches are pretty much a break-even venture at best.

Even Paul used his business to fund his ministry.

Like this one, not all are fleecing the flock.

But Hagen, Copeland, etc... They fit the heretical profile.

youtu.be/7y1xJAVZxXg

Yes, this is why you need to follow Jesus Christ in the Spirit. The blind leading the blind, they both fall into the _______.

Joel Osteen and Benny Hinn have their hearts pointed to the dollar, they are using and abusing their situation to make more for themselves. God doesn't need or want your "seed money." God wants your heart. Point your heart to Jesus Christ, to the things that are Good, to Heaven. Read the Bible. I hardly hear the pastor ever talk on repenting sins and reading the Bible these days. It is so sad, wide is the road to perdition. Everybody just goes to church and plays church, but they never get in the Spirit and seek God. What a shame.

Repent of your sins, read the Bible cover-to-cover in the Spirit. Pray, pray, and pray. It's really that simple. Seek God (Jehovah, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit). Seek your brothers and sisters that are suffering in the streets, in the hospitals, those that are alone and lonely. Faith without works is dead. God Bless.

>‘These people, says God, honor me with their words, but their heart is really far away from me. It is no use for them to worship me, because they teach human rules as though they were my laws!’ (Matthew 15:8-9)

The plus side is that we know their congregations are degenerate. How do we know...math is fun

>what is the mean income of the church going community
>Take 10% from that number for expected tithes
>Compare expected tithes to actual tithes
>bet they don't match
>giggle at the sheeple

>go to small hometown church where everyone sits in on the budget meeting every quarter
>we have an excess of funds.
>Put some in savings the rest we vote on where to donate
>TFW donating starts
>More money get donated
>Checks are made out to exactly who it is going to not the church

>God seems to be "bigger" in "small" churches

Unless you have a specialized skill that allows for an honest living (STEM, skilled trades, police to an extent, IT etc) chances are the process to accumulate gratuitous wealth will run parallel with the Kingdom of God. Most (((businessmen))), (((bankers))), (((lawyers))), (((politicians)) and the like are not going to make it.

>"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” - Matthew 7:14

Our Sunday school class was laughing at him this past week (in a good Christian way of course) in that all he ever preaches is the good news. There is a hell fire and brimstone part that he avoids like the plagues. Wages for sin is not popular today

My pastor would call this "tickling ears" and would make it a point that there's nothing wrong with it but if all a man of God is doing is tickling your ears and making you feel comfortable then they aren't a good pastor.

im a spanish jew. who's christian.
kind of hard to say it's skin color.

Someone explain to me what the fuck is with them and the fake rocks and plants

Based Osteen saved the arena he currently preaches in, and for that sole reason I respect him

t. Houston user

That looks likes the tower of babel with post-modern architecture.

I'm not the final judge, so I cannot say. Though I am satisfied you used "most" as not all aforementioned professions are held by (((them))). I also feel that if anyone, (including some of these preachers), use smart investment vehicles, such as real estate or even being authors that actually help people understand Biblical principles, (especially keeping things in context with the original writings), there isn't going to be the conflict of interest (((they))) have no problem breaking. Common sense investment planning is actually a Biblical principle. Remember Jesus' parable regarding the 5, 3, and 1 talents...

I'm done. Crash time...

Who is that and where can I get more information on the Zionist cult transformation

drop the "jew". ur spanish.

its probably pretty slim your genetics is majority hebrew at this point.

satanry 100%, hope it just helps ppl at random.
Just return to Orthodoxy guys

dont flatter yourself kike, the next victims are you, have faith in Time

Always thought the term Judeo-Christian was rather odd. As a kid I heard it a lot from Pat Robertson when he'd explain why it was important for the United States to do whatever Israel demanded of us (though obviously that in such clear terms). My aunt babysat us frequently and loved the 700 Club.

I like Catholic churches

I don't like keeping my beard or the vegan "fasts"... What do?

become Orthodox and go through the 50 day (it's 47 actually) Pentecostal fasting.

All days in blue are "fast" days too you larper

>pseudo-cults
>pseudo
You worship dead hebrew on a log, you drink his blood and eat his flesh, and guess what? You are in a cult.
And that's fine. Enjoy your cult. But don't try to call it something other than it is.

i actually follow it you faggot pole, though I use a different one

Do you keep your beard too? I can't at my job...